Client Relations Fail

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Client Relations Fail

I have been trying to report all of the bugs since the 1.0.7 update to Client Relations. I have lost functionality of the infotainment system to the point that the iPhone interface doesn't work correctly. I can no longer LEGALLY use my iPhone in my car according to the California Vehicle Code. I have a trouble ticket number and have been trying to talk to the Client Relations case worker. After being promised 4 times that I was going to receive a return call, I have yet to talk to "Amier". Client Relations has failed to contact me. I'm sorry to report to all the fanboys out there that Honda America is NOT interested in fixing our cars. This is such a sad state of affairs. I love the way the car drives. However, it is obvious the don't give a sh*t about customer loyalty or getting our cars fixed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Havasubum:
2019RDX (01-07-2019), Cazman (01-09-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It’s been 5 days now for me about the limp mode issue and not a peep. Sadly, I must agree Acura is only offering lip service at this point.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This lack of concern by Acura is what made me finally get rid of my 2014 RDX (transmission shudder) and buy a 2018 BMW X3. One year later and it has been flawless! This was after buying 5 Hondas over a 30 year period. Honda/Acura simply don't make them like they use to. This is really sad. I feel for all of you folks. The car is attractive what Acura is doing is not acceptable.

Sorry,

Mike
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-07-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum
I have been trying to report all of the bugs since the 1.0.7 update to Client Relations. I have lost functionality of the infotainment system to the point that the iPhone interface doesn't work correctly. I can no longer LEGALLY use my iPhone in my car according to the California Vehicle Code. I have a trouble ticket number and have been trying to talk to the Client Relations case worker. After being promised 4 times that I was going to receive a return call, I have yet to talk to "Amier". Client Relations has failed to contact me. I'm sorry to report to all the fanboys out there that Honda America is NOT interested in fixing our cars. This is such a sad state of affairs. I love the way the car drives. However, it is obvious the don't give a sh*t about customer loyalty or getting our cars fixed.
I had the same problems with CarPlay and with client Relations. Go into your system to the “Factory Reset” option and do it. It will erase all your stored data but will fix most bugs in your system. Give it a try. Hope that helps
Old 01-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman70

I had the same problems with CarPlay and with client Relations. Go into your system to the “Factory Reset” option and do it. It will erase all your stored data but will fix most bugs in your system. Give it a try. Hope that helps
That is what the Acura rep recommended me to do to fix any bugs. I haven't done it yet since I plan to take my car in for its first service soon. oil is at 20% so it won't be long now.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Thank you for the information. However, I don't think it's the owner's responsibility to make repairs.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Thank you for the information. However, I don't think it's the owner's responsibility to make repairs.
Your comment is debatable but it you are offered a solution which would potentially fix your problem - why wouldn't you try it? Whether you fix it or the dealer does - so long as it alleviated your issue - what difference does it make? Especially is a scenario where everything is in your own hands (meaning you can do it on your own time) vs. having to deal with client relations and / or a dealer? It's your vehicle so you can do as you see fit but for me I would definitely try it - my $0.02
Old 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Your comment is debatable but it you are offered a solution which would potentially fix your problem - why wouldn't you try it? Whether you fix it or the dealer does - so long as it alleviated your issue - what difference does it make? Especially is a scenario where everything is in your own hands (meaning you can do it on your own time) vs. having to deal with client relations and / or a dealer? It's your vehicle so you can do as you see fit but for me I would definitely try it - my $0.02
Attempting to fix the problem myself takes Honda America out of the loop. While the car is under warranty (that we all paid for) it is Honda's responsibility. Moreover, this procedure does not involve the dealer and there is no invoice that reflects work on the car. If the reset is in the Honda playbook, certainly my dealer would have tried it. They did reboot the computer via a battery disconnect twice, which is recommended by the factory AND I have a work order to support the work. Neither reboot worked. After 5 attempts without fixing the car, qualifies for the lemon law in my state. Dealing with a car company like Honda America that plays hardball rather than being cooperative requires owners to do the same by protecting themselves.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
Not good.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Havasubum -
As I said above - it's your vehicle and you can do as you see fit. Rereading you earlier posts, it seems you are more interested in having someone fix your car for you vs. getting it fixed. Yes - I understand it's under the new car warranty - I get that.
That aside what you had done to your vehicle is not the same as what Catman70 suggested and while you might think doing one is the same as doing the other - with all the electronics in the newer cars differing procedures may very well result in different outcomes. The 3G RDX is as you know, new, so the "playbook" is at best new and is still being written based what shows up in the service departments and reported and documented to American Honda / Acura. Level of expertise or skill level of the tech(s) that have worked on your vehicle will vary from dealer to dealer and even day to day based on availability at the same dealer.
I personally have the mechanical ability and willingness to try and fix my vehicles on my own first - so long as it's not going to cost me $$ out of pocket - i.e. parts. After that it's off to the dealer or off to my mechanic - who is a Sr. Tech at a local Honda dealer.
Again - it's your vehicle and you can do as you see fit.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I am also ready to try the lemon law. Continuing problems with the infotainment system now becoming nearly unusable to play my USB music files, the dash “blacking” out and now nearly 20 trips to the dealer to try to fix misc problems has me at my limit. The Acura regionals refuse to meet with customers but I am assured that they will attend a lemon law hearing to defend Honda, great customer service huh?? The customer service line is also pretty useless, hard to get a call back if ever. I’m interested to know anyone’s actual experience when filing a lemon law case.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Just saw this - https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-...solved-976258/

You may want to subscribe to see if the OP gives any further explanation.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
customer service acura/release/beware

I had previously posted about my new 2019 RDX being in the shop 32 days after the infotainment system was turning on and off.....after replacing the infotainment screen itself and re loading software, it seems to be working at this point, although the car has only been driven about 200 miles since coming out of the shop. I had previously filed a lemon law complaint with acura and the state of maryland in order to protect the time limitations, and establish a paper trail if in fact my car could not be fixed..... and as a result was transferred from customer service to mediation. I received a call from a "mediator" confirming the car was now working properly....which I confirmed.....at least at this time it is working properly. He then advised me that I would hear from their customer service to discuss previously talked about reparations for my car being in the shop, a week after I bought it...for a month. I spoke to the customer service rep...and she advised me we could agree on me being reimbursed a month of car payment...489.00....but that I would have to sign a release. She assured me the release was harmless, and only dealt with the infotainment system. I am an attorney, and after receiving a general release via fed ex from american honda,, I called her back and advised I would not sign it....and never have heard back since....not a word.

The release states that I would agree to release american honda from "any and all claims rising out of the following conditions alleged to exist or have existed regarding my 2019 rdx.....INFOTAINMENT DISPLAY REBOOTING..... paragraph 3 then says in relevant part; "consumer and american honda expressly acknowledge that this agreement is intended to include in its effect, without limitation, all claims which consumer and ahm do not know or suspect to exist in their favor at the time of execution hereof, and that this agreement contemplates the extinguishment of such claim or claims."

So for 489.00, they want me to release them from any further known or unknown issues with my infotainment system, even if it crashes again.....and then they want a general release for claims I may know about or do not know about..... although they state the original warranty stays intact......?

It would seem to me as a customer of Acura for over 20 years, that you send me the $489.00 in good faith, after everything I went through for over a month.....when their car clearly had a defect.....and call it a day. I should not have to sign a release, which as far as I am concerned as a trained attorney contradicts itself in its stated purpose, and which was in my opinion, not presented in good faith, for a problem both they and I do not know at this point, is truly fixed, or could not occur again. Although one could argue the release may not be a general release in the true sense of the word, who would take a chance for $489.00 dollars that should I have future issues, I would be barred from making a claim against american honda, or at least arguably barred?

I am more than disappointed with american honda/acura and plan on taking my business elsewhere in the future. Not a way to deal with loyal customers!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
your car is a giant computer on wheels.

What does IT tell you to do?
Then it off and turn it back on again.

Additionally, may require hard resets.

This is cutting edge tech. Thank you for beta testing
Old 01-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by decofred
I had previously posted about my new 2019 RDX being in the shop 32 days after the infotainment system was turning on and off.....after replacing the infotainment screen itself and re loading software, it seems to be working at this point, although the car has only been driven about 200 miles since coming out of the shop. I had previously filed a lemon law complaint with acura and the state of maryland in order to protect the time limitations, and establish a paper trail if in fact my car could not be fixed..... and as a result was transferred from customer service to mediation. I received a call from a "mediator" confirming the car was now working properly....which I confirmed.....at least at this time it is working properly. He then advised me that I would hear from their customer service to discuss previously talked about reparations for my car being in the shop, a week after I bought it...for a month. I spoke to the customer service rep...and she advised me we could agree on me being reimbursed a month of car payment...489.00....but that I would have to sign a release. She assured me the release was harmless, and only dealt with the infotainment system. I am an attorney, and after receiving a general release via fed ex from american honda,, I called her back and advised I would not sign it....and never have heard back since....not a word.

The release states that I would agree to release american honda from "any and all claims rising out of the following conditions alleged to exist or have existed regarding my 2019 rdx.....INFOTAINMENT DISPLAY REBOOTING..... paragraph 3 then says in relevant part; "consumer and american honda expressly acknowledge that this agreement is intended to include in its effect, without limitation, all claims which consumer and ahm do not know or suspect to exist in their favor at the time of execution hereof, and that this agreement contemplates the extinguishment of such claim or claims."

So for 489.00, they want me to release them from any further known or unknown issues with my infotainment system, even if it crashes again.....and then they want a general release for claims I may know about or do not know about..... although they state the original warranty stays intact......?

It would seem to me as a customer of Acura for over 20 years, that you send me the $489.00 in good faith, after everything I went through for over a month.....when their car clearly had a defect.....and call it a day. I should not have to sign a release, which as far as I am concerned as a trained attorney contradicts itself in its stated purpose, and which was in my opinion, not presented in good faith, for a problem both they and I do not know at this point, is truly fixed, or could not occur again. Although one could argue the release may not be a general release in the true sense of the word, who would take a chance for $489.00 dollars that should I have future issues, I would be barred from making a claim against american honda, or at least arguably barred?

I am more than disappointed with american honda/acura and plan on taking my business elsewhere in the future. Not a way to deal with loyal customers!!!!!!!
I am sorry, but not surprised, to hear of your problems and the lack of sincere customer service that you received. MANY of us are totally frustrated with AHC and their poor quality control and bugs that infest our entertainment systems. I can't imagine the frustration of Android users. I have had my RDX Advance back to the dealer more than 15 times and still have recurring problems with it that take away from the enjoyment of what is supposed to be a Luxury vehicle. AHC of today reminds me of the old days when US car manufacturers went for imediate sales with poor customer support at the expense repeat customers. Most of the online and printed reviews are favorable because they only deal with the driving experience. Once you become an owner of these "buggy" poor quality machines you realize that is only half of the equation. I'm sure that AHC is basking in the sales numbers this year but good luck to them in the future. This is my first and definitely my last Acura. Thank goodness I leased it !!
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts

Don't do it as it will give up your rights to file a lemon law
Old 01-14-2019, 04:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
your car is a giant computer on wheels.

What does IT tell you to do?
Then it off and turn it back on again.

Additionally, may require hard resets.

This is cutting edge tech. Thank you for beta testing
This is a feature, not a bug.

When in doubt, reboot. That's the motto in IT but should not be when my life and safety is dependent upon it
Old 01-14-2019, 05:35 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
I had the same problems with CarPlay and with client Relations. Go into your system to the “Factory Reset” option and do it. It will erase all your stored data but will fix most bugs in your system. Give it a try. Hope that helps.
I'm not sure "Factory Reset" means the same thing to different people.

There is an option in the user settings: Factory Data Reset. Per the on-screen description: "This will restore all system settings to their default values and erase all personal data."

Owner's Manual, page 354

There is also an option in the diagnostic menus to reboot the system and restore parameters to factory defaults.

The former is intended as an end-user option, and should be benign. If not, it's on Acura for providing the option.

The latter is NOT intended as an end-user option, but that doesn't mean I didn't do it anyway...
The following 3 users liked this post by Wander:
acuraada (01-14-2019), justnspace (01-14-2019), NBP04TL4ME (01-15-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Instructor

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm for AHC. I have learned that AHC does nothing for their customers and plays ultimate hard ball. I would not initiate a lemon law proceeding without an attorney. Their arbitration process is very one sided. You get one bite of the apple. If you try it yourself and lose, LL attorneys will not touch your case. I learned the hard way.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:37 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada
This is a feature, not a bug.

When in doubt, reboot. That's the motto in IT but should not be when my life and safety is dependent upon it
butt butt we're talking about apple car play here
Old 01-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
butt butt we're talking about apple car play here
if can't play my playlist, those little demons in the back will devour me. so ya, my safety.
The following 2 users liked this post by acuraada:
justnspace (01-15-2019), NBP04TL4ME (01-15-2019)