Auto door locks - sometimes not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Auto door locks - sometimes not working

Every now and then, if I walk away too fast from the car, the alarm will beep a few times rapidly. Just out of curiousity, I wanted to check to see if the doors locked automatically or not. So I left my keys far from the car, and sure enough, the doors were unlocked. I've tested this a couple times now (after I've heard the rapid beeping), and I can confirm that the doors don't auto lock when the noise occurs.

Just a heads up. I'm at 3500 miles in my RDX AWD ASPEC. I'll be sure to manually lock my car now...
Old 01-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by nartnad
Every now and then, if I walk away too fast from the car, the alarm will beep a few times rapidly. Just out of curiousity, I wanted to check to see if the doors locked automatically or not. So I left my keys far from the car, and sure enough, the doors were unlocked. I've tested this a couple times now (after I've heard the rapid beeping), and I can confirm that the doors don't auto lock when the noise occurs.

Just a heads up. I'm at 3500 miles in my RDX AWD ASPEC. I'll be sure to manually lock my car now...
you need to be within 5’ of the car for it to auto lock. Rapid beeps means you moved away to quickly and the doors did not lock. This is more notable with the tailgate closing. I’ll hit it and walk away before it full closes to have to walk back and lock it. It’s not a flaw, it’s a feature to let you know that you weren’t in range and the car is unlocked.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by nartnad

You need to wait close to vehicle until the first beep takes place, and then can start moving away from vehicle where second confirmation beep will then inform you of the vehicle being locked. The rapid beep is telling you it’s NOT locked. That’s what it is supposed to do. It’s working correctly. Not sure why one would think a different warning signal than the normal confirmation (two separate single beeps), in this case a “rapid beep”, would ALSO signify that the car is locked.