New owner with a couple annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 08:25 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner with a couple annoyances

2020 Advanced. During my test drive, didn't think to ask or try. The engine "stop" can be disabled, but an annoying orange warning light appears. On my previous cars it could be disabled permanently?

Also, only 12 Sirius favorites? Once again on previous cars (even my Hyundai) there were so many I didn't fill them all.

Lastly, Bluetooth audio is almost indiscernible volume-wise. Not a big deal as I can use Apple Carplay while plugged in, but it is weird....
Old 11-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Agreed! Car not retaining the A.S.S (A.I.S) off or on is annoying as heck! Hopefully, it's a software driven feature so Acura could push an update in the future to fix that (wishful thinking).

For serious audiophile, Bluetooth isn't the best for music. There are multiple factors for Bluetooth music quality: bit rate of the song, streaming service, etc... When I play local mp3 files from the SDCard via PowerAmp (on an Android phone), the quality is way better than streaming. It's even better when plugged in.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Gottinelli
2020 Advanced. During my test drive, didn't think to ask or try. The engine "stop" can be disabled, but an annoying orange warning light appears. On my previous cars it could be disabled permanently?

Also, only 12 Sirius favorites? Once again on previous cars (even my Hyundai) there were so many I didn't fill them all.

Lastly, Bluetooth audio is almost indiscernible volume-wise. Not a big deal as I can use Apple Carplay while plugged in, but it is weird....
Regarding the Auto Idle Stop "OFF" feature: Consider this a rumor because I was told by an Acura auto salesperson that: "it (the AIS off button) may not be an option in future cars".
IOW: always ON! I thought: "should I walk out of the deralership now or buy a car now.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Acure4RDX
Regarding the Auto Idle Stop "OFF" feature: Consider this a rumor because I was told by an Acura auto salesperson that: "it (the AIS off button) may not be an option in future cars".
IOW: always ON! I thought: "should I walk out of the deralership now or buy a car now.
Of course you have heard : If a salesperson's mouth is moving, he/she is lying"

With that said, it is possible. Many don't like it, and wish there was a way to permanently disable that feature. THAT is very unlikely to ever be an option, as the EPA requires it to function that way when they rate the fuel economy of the cars. I suppose a manufacturer MAY be able to provide a way for owners to disable it, but the manufacturer will suffer a lower mileage rating on any models so equipped.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:17 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've found that if you just depress the brake pedal enough to stay stationary, it won't activate (there was a message by the speedo that mentioned this). That's fine, I live in the country so don't do much stop and go.

I guess I'll use Apple Carplay more and listen to Sirius streaming there. I bounce around between quite a few stations, I just thought for all the other techy things to have >100 stations to listen to and
only 12 "add to favorites" was just kinda diasappointing….
Old 11-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
If your Bluetooth volume is low you need to turn up the volume on your phone.