Contact List

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact List

Able to connect phone, but when I select contact list the system generates a "Contact List Empty"message. Anyone have a suggestion on why the system is not able to download my phone's contact list?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Which phone OS are you using?
Old 06-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Mine worked perfectly on my Samsung 8+
Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
When you first link, it might be empty, it will download to your car. Some phones might require you to confirm.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm reviving this thread. I have and Samsung S8+ that is sync with my car. but I can't get the contact work!!! I have done everything and can't get it work.
I remember that when I pickup the car, dealer sync my phone and we where able to see my contact on the car. but for whatever reason it don't work anymore.

I,ve unsync my phone, i've try many type everything that I can know and nothing.
I have a popup asking my to authorize the contact acces and I accept but even this nothing. I've been trying everything since 2 days now and nothing. I choose the contact menu and it's just loading forever. I have about 100 contacts and does contact are from my google contact list

I've try many thing and now I'm clueless if some one had this problem and fix it, I would need so help here..
thanks
Old 01-24-2019, 10:49 AM
-- Instructor --

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Check if you have Contact Sharing enabled in your bluetooth HandsFreeLink connection settings on your phone.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

yes it is at ON
I even get a pop up to authorize, what I did too.
the contact menu is available when I click on it it show an loading spin wheel. and it spin forever...

I've unpair/pair about 20 time the phone trying different thing but always end up with no contact.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 PM
Cruisin'

Well, I finally fix my problem. !!!
here is some solutions for others that may have this problem someday

- i've try to reset to default the network/bluetooth settings of my phone.
no success

-i've try to play with my accounts sync options desactivate/reactivate
no success

- i've try to reset to default the car infotainment system.
no success

-i've reset to default my Android phone. And I take care to not restore my settings (cloud backup). I had to set up all things to my phone (a one day job)
i've deleted my old phone name on the infotainment system,
then resync my phone into the car. Then I try to open my contacts list on the phone menu AND Voila !!!! All my contacts are there!!!
finally I can use the voice command for call, and dial contact from the car screen.
I can't explain why but something on my phone make the contact transfer impossible even with authorisation.

So, the solution was sadly erease to factory my cell phone !!!

Old 11-23-2019, 03:05 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I also am unable to sync my contacts via Bluetooth. But I'm not willing to reset my phone.

I had my contacts sync'd with my previous Android 7 ZTE Axon 7 and upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy 10+ (10 plus) on Android 9 a couple of weeks ago. I have all the right boxes ticked and when I go to sync contacts the RDX info screen just shows a spinning circle that doesn't stop. I've about 400 contacts and I waited 15+ minutes and then stopped the process. It took less than 5 minutes with the old phone.

Found this....

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/11/solu...-device-110573

Android phone is unable to sync messages and contacts to car via BluetoothMore recent smart devices use the Phone Book Access Profile or PBAP or PBA for synching contacts of devices. If your in-car Bluetooth kit does not support this standard, you will realize that your phone or tablet may not be able to sync the address book with it. In this case, any incoming call will not display a recognized name or contact, nor display caller ID or image, among many others. If you have this problem, you have to contact your car manufacturer or the BT car kit maker for guidance.
I can't imagine this PBAP has changed from Android 7 to Android 9 so I figure it has to be a permissions issue. Will post here if I find something.