D.1.2.1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019 | 06:15 PM
Advanced

D.1.2.1 issues

No software is without bugs. Here are a couple bugs I experienced with D.1.2.1 update.

AndroidAuto doesn't always connect successfully.
Have to unplug, wait for a few minutes, replug the phone a few times, or reboot the infotainment. There's an issue that neither Google nor Acura acknowledged. Hope a fix will be pushed over the air soon.

Audio not available.
While switching between music apps, the audio all of a sudden became unavailable. I couldn't even use FM radio, Sirius XM, nada. Kept getting the message along the line of audio not available. As soon as I got home, I shut off and restarted the car, then everything was back to normal again. Weird bug.

Any other bugs anyone experienced?
The following users liked this post:
MrmissmyTLX (12-03-2019)
Old 11-24-2019 | 06:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I have experienced the same issues you mentioned a few times. Somehow the AA connection has been more finicky in the last week or two. Since Android Auto happened to be updated around the same time, I think the issue is AA app related, and not purely from Acrua infotainment.

I did encountered once when the nagivation UI was stuck in the rerouting spinning circle.
Old 11-24-2019 | 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Have not had any issues with Apple Car Play or music since 1.2.1 update.
The following 2 users liked this post by russianDude:
jonarogers (11-25-2019), MrmissmyTLX (12-03-2019)
Old 11-24-2019 | 08:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by russianDude
Have not had any issues with Apple Car Play or music since 1.2.1 update.
Me neither.
Old 11-24-2019 | 09:01 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I think the issue is with AA. When AA does work, it's wonderful, especially Google Assistant and Google Maps. Granted this is the first AA release on the RDX, hopeful future bug fixes will address these issues.
Old 11-24-2019 | 09:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rdxnguyen
No software is without bugs. Here are a couple bugs I experienced with D.1.2.1 update.

Have to unplug, wait for a few minutes, replug the phone a few times, or reboot the infotainment. There's an issue that neither Google nor Acura acknowledged. Hope a fix will be pushed over the air soon.
I have the same problem with AA. Just thought I would post to this thread in case Acura is reading this forum, which I think they would be in order to obtain owners thoughts and concerns.
Old 11-25-2019 | 09:24 AM
Cruisin'

Still having issues with Carplay disconnecting. Same phone and cable work fine in another car.Sometimes it works great for a day or 2, then it will disconnect several times for a day. It doesn't seem to matter when I plug it in. I've tried it before starting the car, after the infotainment boots up completely, or during boot up.
Old 11-25-2019 | 10:05 AM
Instructor

I use the USB for my music and have a new issue since the D.1.2.1 update. I've been playing with the music folders (even before the new update) and have found that with me anyway, that the system performs better without folders. I use the "Random" play all the time. Lets say I have 20 folders, one for each artist. Out of those 20 folders it would mostly play songs from about the same 5 or 6 folders all the time. So I decided to do away with the folders and just have all the songs on the USB stick and no folders. Random still seems to pick the same dozen or so songs with a different song every once in awhile. So now I just play them in alphabetical order.

Since the update, after awhile I would be playing down to the songs that start with the letter "D" and the next time I would start the car after 5-6 starts, the system would start from "A" again. The other day I was down to the "L" and sure enough got in the car and it started from "A" again. The USB stick was never removed at anytime.
MrmissmyTLX (12-03-2019)
Old 11-25-2019 | 10:48 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by 111cab
Still having issues with Carplay disconnecting. Same phone and cable work fine in another car.Sometimes it works great for a day or 2, then it will disconnect several times for a day. It doesn't seem to matter when I plug it in. I've tried it before starting the car, after the infotainment boots up completely, or during boot up.
Have you tried a brand new Apple Cable and doing the three finger reboot? I was having the same issue and after doing that no issues on the Car Play side so far. It’s only been 2 days so we’ll see how long it lasts. I bought the shortest cable Apple had.
MrmissmyTLX (12-04-2019)
Old 11-25-2019 | 10:38 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kboo74656
Have you tried a brand new Apple Cable and doing the three finger reboot? I was having the same issue and after doing that no issues on the Car Play side so far. It’s only been 2 days so we’ll see how long it lasts. I bought the shortest cable Apple had.
Yep. That short little white cable is embarrassing. I have to hide it.

But it does get the job done...
Old 12-02-2019 | 02:54 PM
Instructor

Since the last update, I've encountered a blue screen error with the message: "Network Communication Lost. The system will reboot to recover" several times.
Old 12-02-2019 | 04:10 PM
Pro

The dealer has had my car since Saturday over the blue screen. I hope they find the problem.
Padre Dave (12-12-2019)
Old 12-03-2019 | 10:38 PM
'20 RDX Adv, built 11/19

Originally Posted by rdxnguyen

Audio not available.
While switching between music apps, the audio all of a sudden became unavailable. I couldn't even use FM radio, Sirius XM, nada. Kept getting the message along the line of audio not available. As soon as I got home, I shut off and restarted the car, then everything was back to normal again. Weird bug.

Any other bugs anyone experienced?
Hello. Do you have a 2019 or 2020?
Old 12-04-2019 | 05:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrmissmytlx
hello. Do you have a 2019 or 2020?
Old 12-04-2019 | 08:36 AM
Instructor

The dealer has had my car since Saturday over the blue screen. I hope they find the problem.
Keep me posted on what they find out. Issues like this are rarely fixable by the dealer because it relies on firmware updates. The best they can likely do is a factory reset.
Old 12-05-2019 | 06:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mustachio
Keep me posted on what they find out. Issues like this are rarely fixable by the dealer because it relies on firmware updates. The best they can likely do is a factory reset.
Well I got my car back today and after talking with the techs at the dealer and Acura they could not find any hardware faults with the system. The techs could not find any obvious software issues. My service manager wants me to document every instance in detail again if I get the blue screen Network Comm Error again. He has listened to all my concerns and probable causes. While they had my car the loaner RDX they gave me got the same error and another customer also came in with it so Acura is very aware of the problem. They did not do a factory reset at all. At least I have no more Car Play disconnects. Me personally I thinks it’s the main harness for the USB causing the issue.
Old 12-05-2019 | 08:42 PM
'20 RDX Adv, built 11/19

Anybody buy their car with Android Auto installed direct from the factory? If so, any major issues with the infotainment system?
Old 12-07-2019 | 02:43 PM
Pro

Got the blue screen of frustration again today leaving work while using Car Play. Waze on the main screen as a rolling map and music from my iPhone playing on the secondary screen. System rebooted just like before and picked up where it left off. More of these????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-07-2019 | 03:09 PM
Advanced

May be jinxing myself, but I haven't seen the bsof (blue screen of frustration) using AA. Though, AA connection does fail at times (old news by now). I have found yet another interim workaround, or rather an indication before plugging the phone in that seems to guarantee the connection will work. After the infotainment is started, without plugging the phone in first, if the secondary info screen (on the right) shows the AA logo instead of a black screen, plugging in the phone seems to work fine. When it's black, no AA logo, plugging in the phone would fail to connect 99% of the time. So, if I don't see the AA logo, I would restart the Infotainment.
Old 12-10-2019 | 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I finally got my first Network CommunicationLost after over a month of trouble free use of CarPlay. It rebooted itself and its fine again. If its once a month type of thing, does not bother me.
Old 12-11-2019 | 09:54 PM
Drifting

Me personally I thinks it’s the main harness for the USB causing the issue.
I think there are hardware issues with the USB port, and Acura knows it, and they are trying to cover up the boo boo with a software patch. $0.02
Old 12-12-2019 | 03:52 AM
Pro

I went ahead and had a new USB harness/plug installed yesterday. I’ll find out today if this has any effect on the system after I pick it up today.
Old 12-12-2019 | 12:47 PM
Racer

My car won’t update. Perhaps because the genius’ at the local Acura dealer put a different ECU in it (story is here somewhere), so maybe there is a mismatch between my car as it is now...Weiird!
Old 12-30-2019 | 01:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Padre Dave
My car won’t update. Perhaps because the genius’ at the local Acura dealer put a different ECU in it (story is here somewhere), so maybe there is a mismatch between my car as it is now...Weiird!
When I saw that this was listed as a Recall on the Acura website, I decided to give my selling dealership another chance. This time excellent scheduling, much more competent Service Writer and was done in an hour!

Only problem is that when I drove out of the dealership, none of the behaviors changed! Still, after around 5 minutes into my trip my CarPlay goes dead and in another 4-5 minutes it comes on again. The dealer must have installed it in a different place than a OTA installation happens. In the system, under Updates, is a file called like “Update History” and my file is empty......Who knows what lurks in other sectors of the system.....
Old 12-31-2019 | 03:27 PM
'20 RDX Elite

Originally Posted by Padre Dave
When I saw that this was listed as a Recall on the Acura website, I decided to give my selling dealership another chance. This time excellent scheduling, much more competent Service Writer and was done in an hour!

Only problem is that when I drove out of the dealership, none of the behaviors changed! Still, after around 5 minutes into my trip my CarPlay goes dead and in another 4-5 minutes it comes on again. The dealer must have installed it in a different place than a OTA installation happens. In the system, under Updates, is a file called like “Update History” and my file is empty......Who knows what lurks in other sectors of the system.....
This could be total misinformation as it came from the sales person;
I was told, if you connect to the dealership wifi and do the update there, the car might no longer update from your home wifi, till they fix something in their backend, which could take up to a couple days. So the sales rep told me not to connect to the dealer wifi at all and save the trouble.
I thought it was weird but who knows, what all they do in the backend in the name of ‘security’.
Old 12-31-2019 | 03:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by itsardx
This could be total misinformation as it came from the sales person;
I was told, if you connect to the dealership wifi and do the update there, the car might no longer update from your home wifi, till they fix something in their backend, which could take up to a couple days. So the sales rep told me not to connect to the dealer wifi at all and save the trouble.
I thought it was weird but who knows, what all they do in the backend in the name of ‘security’.
I sure hope that isn’t true, as well. For some reason my car wouldn’t update from home. I checked the Update History file in our system and it said there are no updates installed. I even tried doing my update using the USB route and Acura’s servers said I was up to date. If you look back in the thread about the tuner, you will know that the numbnull at the dealer replaced my ECU. I still have it and kept it as a souvenir. So, I hypothesized that maybe my car couldn’t work on the OTA system if they find a mismatch between my VIN and ECU serial number. By now, I am at the “whatever” phase of not worrying about the small stuff time of my life (it’s almost all small stuff).

Getting a knee replaced and the incision getting infected means I am driving to the surgeon’s office more often. In my round trip today (about 45 miles) the Apple CarPlay quit 3 times, and returned to service about 4-5 minutes later. Now I am getting aggravated......
Old 12-31-2019 | 03:55 PM
Drifting

This has started happening to me too.

And I didn’t get updated by the dealer, and some trips it does and some it doesn’t.
Old 07-12-2020 | 01:08 AM
Racer

I finally have a date for the District Service Manager to reprogram my car with Acura so I can get updates. I was right....when they installed the replacement ECU Acura computer found a mismatch between my VIN and ECU so it wouldn’t recognize my car as one to update. My last visit to the dealer proved my point when the tech tried to manually install all of the updates and the Acura system wouldn’t let him. My car was apparently the first one like this, and the whole COVID-19 thing has prevented the DSM from traveling, but now he can. YEAH!