Old 03-27-2019, 02:33 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Lol shut up MM 😂😂😂
Old 03-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
No, its not just you that loves the RDX. I do! The thing handles like a dream, a whole lot of fun to drive (coming from a 20 year auto-crossing Z51 vette driver), very responsive and actually feels like a small light vehicle. I can throw it around and it has very nice response. the stereo is the very best! (audiophile here also!) I am always looking for an excuse to get in it and go somewhere! And I like the power range of fun Acura gives you. You can drive in Valium (Comfort) mode, and quickly get to 'get the hell out of my way' mode, hit the on ramp and kick it around the corner. yes there are quirks, which is really expected with a brand new model. And yes, people will complain before praising. I am praising before complaining. The other manufactures of SUV's I test drove either felt big, lethargic, or had bland looks, had higher cost, and most I expected 40% higher maintenance costs (Porsche, BMW, Rover, Audi, Jag). So to me, it was not just the higher purchase price, but the ongoing costs, and my own RFOI (Return Fun On Investment).
Icons? really? I dont mind the info interface. Just have to remember to switch your brain when moving to carplay... this is what happens sometimes when you step out of the tech standard comfort zone. I have no problem with it at all, MUCH improvement over Lexus.. holy cow.... Like I have posted in the past, you can find potential improvements with any vehicle. Sharing your problems is not necessarily a bad thing, but please keep it to certain threads. I like these Happy Threads better!

Cheers!
The following 3 users liked this post by Funz51:
ACCURATEin (05-20-2020), Madd Dog (03-27-2019), NJMaverick (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Nope, you aren't the only one.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:06 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
add me to love it side too I got mine just week ago, and I am very happy with it.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Love it Also

I love this car also! The only problem is that I care about my car now. My old car I can take through a car wash and not worry about swirl marks. Now I'm dreading the labor of monthly car washes done by hand.

I think the Acura marketing got to me. I enjoy the car more as a symbolic gesture. I'm not a car guy. But, growing up poor in an asian community... Acuras and Lexus were like wooowww (european cars get trashed for being not financially smart due to maintenance costs)!!! The five year old in me hoped I can grew up as an adult that can afford a new Lexus or Acura. So now on a bad day from work, I drive home happy. Haha, five year old me will be so proud of present me.
The following 3 users liked this post by RDX2O2O:
GW208 (09-24-2019), JB in AZ (09-24-2019), Ludepower (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Drifting

Received 1,025 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX2O2O
I love this car also! The only problem is that I care about my car now. My old car I can take through a car wash and not worry about swirl marks. Now I'm dreading the labor of monthly car washes done by hand.

I think the Acura marketing got to me. I enjoy the car more as a symbolic gesture. I'm not a car guy. But, growing up poor in an asian community... Acuras and Lexus were like wooowww (european cars get trashed for being not financially smart due to maintenance costs)!!! The five year old in me hoped I can grew up as an adult that can afford a new Lexus or Acura. So now on a bad day from work, I drive home happy. Haha, five year old me will be so proud of present me.
I take it to a hand-wash car wash. These old bones don’t wash cars anymore.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts
I love the RDX even though I have a long list of intermittent issues. When everything works, I'm very pleased.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:52 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I love my RDX too. Also get compliments from complete strangers. The infotainment issues is the only complaint aside from poor build quality fit and trims. That’s about it for now.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by PAPI007
I keep hearing so many negative aspects of the RDX on this forum. Is it just me that thinks the RDX is awesome? I see people trading them in because of infotainment, transmission, and brake issues. The only thing that I find quirky is the infotainment but it is not hard to use. I am not having any issues with slow infotainment start up issues or blackouts. I also don't have any brake issues or rough shifting transmission.. I actually find it very smooth and satisfying! I'm not getting these reviews. I feel like the RDX is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned!
You just jinxed yourself.. Your time is coming when the system will freeze..
Old 09-25-2019, 08:09 AM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
Do you even own a RDX? Your inputs are unwarranted and unwanted.
The following users liked this post:
PAPI007 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, I have had my issues with the infotainment but since the new update I have not had any issues so far. (Let's hope!) I am still loving my RDX and that was the purpose of this thread. Yes we understand you did not love your RDX as much and you moved on to something more quirkier. So really no need to troll the post here. Join the Hyundai Forums, I'm sure you will find something there that will interest you!
Old 09-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Funz51
Seriously? Have you read any of my past posts? I had one for a year that was in service 13 TIMES! My vehicle was escalated all the way to the top of the Acura hierarchy and they could not fix anything... They even paid me $5000 to LIVE with the issues as they could not address them... In the end they bought back my RDX and I ended up making a profit and turned around and bought a real vehicle that has not had one problem in two full months of ownership. I really hope Acura gets their act together and can address the issues, but from my experience, it just is not going to happen.
ceb (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:00 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Funz51
He had an early one, and it was a lemon with lots of issues. Look at his join date.
ceb (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:03 AM
Racer

Yes, I have had my issues with the infotainment but since the new update I have not had any issues so far. (Let's hope!) I am still loving my RDX and that was the purpose of this thread. Yes we understand you did not love your RDX as much and you moved on to something more quirkier. So really no need to troll the post here. Join the Hyundai Forums, I'm sure you will find something there that will interest you!
Quirkier? That is a hoot.. I now own the most reliable vehicle on the road that is a pleasure to drive and everything just works.. I still come here in HOPES that things are fixed for the friends I made here while I had multiple issues with mine. The family that bought my RDX have continued to have issues and are now demanding a buyback as well.

Good Luck when your RDX starts getting REAL quirky...
Old 09-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
Quirkier? That is a hoot.. I now own the most reliable vehicle on the road that is a pleasure to drive and everything just works.. I still come here in HOPES that things are fixed for the friends I made here while I had multiple issues with mine. The family that bought my RDX have continued to have issues and are now demanding a buyback as well.

Seriously though, you’ve moved on. You don’t need to keep worrying about the rest of us. I suspect most of the infotainment issues have already been resolved in 2020 models.

Also, you’ve been posting a lot about your Hyundai on here and how great it is and how it has no problems. There’s no need for that on here. I know you want to justify your purchase on the Acura forums but honestly it’s getting a bit old. I haven’t experienced most of your issues you had on your RDX and it probably was truly a lemon, but many of us don’t have the issues you do.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-25-2019 at 09:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mathnerd88:
hockeyaddict (09-25-2019), PAPI007 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
He had an early one, and it was a lemon with lots of issues. Look at his join date.
That was an understatement Dogg and I really hope you eventually get those map updates. I just couldn't live with the infotainment issues, horrible shifting and having the car brake at 80MPH suddenly...

Even the dealer loaners I drove while mine were in service had the same issues, so it was better for me to negotiate a buyback and go back to a brand I know is reliable. A lot of you may look down on Hyundai, but we now have three Hyundai's in the family and not ONE of them have had any issues. Much like the Mazda's I owned before that. Time is precious and no one needs to spend their time delivering their car to the dealership to fix issues that should not have passed through QA.

I sincerely hope that everyone gets the fixes they need and for those of you not having issues, you are blessed beyond imagination
The following 2 users liked this post by Meto:
ceb (09-25-2019), Madd Dog (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Seriously though, you’ve moved on. You don’t need to keep worrying about the rest of us. I suspect most of the infotainment issues have already been resolved in 2020 models.

Also, you’ve been posting a lot about your Hyundai on here and how great it is and how it has no problems. There’s no need for that on here.
Actually there is need for it.. If I remember correctly on the main forum, people are always comparing vehicles to the RDX. There is a thread comparing the CX-5 Turbo to the RDX, so here I am telling you that for LESS money, you can get a more reliable vehicle in the Mazda CX-5 or the Hyundai Santa Fe that does everything right... If you want a comparable vehicle to the RDX, get the Santa Fe Sport Ultimate with the 2.0T or the Mazda CX-5 Signature and they will outshine the RDX not in looks, but in reliability... PERIOD
Old 09-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Pro

Actually there is need for it.. If I remember correctly on the main forum, people are always comparing vehicles to the RDX. There is a thread comparing the CX-5 Turbo to the RDX, so here I am telling you that for LESS money, you can get a more reliable vehicle in the Mazda CX-5 or the Hyundai Santa Fe that does everything right... If you want a comparable vehicle to the RDX, get the Santa Fe Sport Ultimate with the 2.0T or the Mazda CX-5 Signature and they will outshine the RDX not in looks, but in reliability... PERIOD
I agree, but the constant posts about it is unnecessary. I recently traded in my G37x for the RDX and I posted my goodbyes on the G37 forum, but never did I go back and keep telling them how amazing the new RDX compared to the G37x was.

The constant posts about your car on here and Hyundai in general makes you seem a bit insecure about your purchase. No offense.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-25-2019 at 09:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mathnerd88:
hockeyaddict (09-25-2019), PAPI007 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:28 AM
Racer

I agree, but the constant posts about it is unnecessary. I recently traded in my G37x for the RDX and I posted my goodbyes on the G37 forum, but never did I go back and keep telling them how amazing the new RDX compared to the G37x was.

The constant posts about your car on here and Hyundai in general makes you seem a bit insecure about your purchase. No offense.
None taken, but that was your decision and this is mine.. I want to see GOOD NEWS for my friends on here who have suffered from the issues.. I will promise to not post about my vehicle anymore unless someone asks me about it
Old 09-25-2019, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Seriously? Have you read any of my past posts? I had one for a year that was in service 13 TIMES! My vehicle was escalated all the way to the top of the Acura hierarchy and they could not fix anything... They even paid me $5000 to LIVE with the issues as they could not address them... In the end they bought back my RDX and I ended up making a profit and turned around and bought a real vehicle that has not had one problem in two full months of ownership. I really hope Acura gets their act together and can address the issues, but from my experience, it just is not going to happen.
Cool Story Bro!
Old 09-25-2019, 10:28 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
That was an understatement Dogg and I really hope you eventually get those map updates. I just couldn't live with the infotainment issues, horrible shifting and having the car brake at 80MPH suddenly...

Even the dealer loaners I drove while mine were in service had the same issues, so it was better for me to negotiate a buyback and go back to a brand I know is reliable. A lot of you may look down on Hyundai, but we now have three Hyundai's in the family and not ONE of them have had any issues. Much like the Mazda's I owned before that. Time is precious and no one needs to spend their time delivering their car to the dealership to fix issues that should not have passed through QA.

I sincerely hope that everyone gets the fixes they need and for those of you not having issues, you are blessed beyond imagination
The unfortunate thing with Hyundai is that their reputation is stuck in the 80's, while the quality has gotten far better than the competition.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:29 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Cool Story Bro!
And you, sir, are unmitigated maroon.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:31 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

None taken, but that was your decision and this is mine.. I want to see GOOD NEWS for my friends on here who have suffered from the issues.. I will promise to not post about my vehicle anymore unless someone asks me about it
Hey Meto - how's the Hyundai coming along? What are you disappointed by? Does Hyundai have an extended warranty/maintenance plan like Honda/Acura?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ceb
The unfortunate thing with Hyundai is that their reputation is stuck in the 80's, while the quality has gotten far better than the competition.
Even in the early 2000s they had a horrible reputation and the cars were crap. I believe while the quality of their vehicles have improved significantly in recent years, they’re still not quite there yet to compete with Honda/Toyota in terms of mechanical engineering.

I rented a Hyundai Azera and drove it from Florida to the Northeast, and enjoyed the vehicle. I can’t speak for its long term reliability.

Also, and this is purely subjective, I find Kia/Hyundai vehicles’ exterior design looking awkward compared to the rest of the competition. The Palisade looks like a hearse and I don’t like how low the headlight sits in the bumper. This seems to be the design language Hyundai is going for in the future.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-25-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Hi all, my first post and I had to chime in.

I have a 2020 RDX Advance and I'm loving it. Going on a month of owning it and just put a 1000 miles on her so far. I traded my 2015 Nissan Murano SL for it.

Comparing the two, the RDX is far superior. Much more quiet inside which the wife and I wanted. Love the idea that you have 3 different cars in one, Comfort, Sport, Sport+. Snow mode doesn't count.

I'm not into the Infomat like most of you. I just use the Navigation and USB for my music. Granted it's not the slickest system out there, my Ram truck with Uconnect blows the doors off this system. Aside from all of that, we both the car.
Meto (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
Hey Meto - how's the Hyundai coming along? What are you disappointed by? Does Hyundai have an extended warranty/maintenance plan like Honda/Acura?
I have to be honest and say I have had zero disappointments so far with the vehicle. It is comfortable, everything works and the Infotainment system is probably one of the best I have ever owned. The extended warranty was not expensive and gives me full bumper to bumper for 100,000 miles. It even covers door dings and scratches for that amount of time.

And Android Auto/Carplay works phenomenal with zero issues for either and I can get 30MPG in Smart Mode on the Highway. Pretty awesome for a vehicle with a 3.8L V6
Old 09-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Oil Stain
Hi all, my first post and I had to chime in.

I have a 2020 RDX Advance and I'm loving it. Going on a month of owning it and just put a 1000 miles on her so far. I traded my 2015 Nissan Murano SL for it.

Comparing the two, the RDX is far superior. Much more quiet inside which the wife and I wanted. Love the idea that you have 3 different cars in one, Comfort, Sport, Sport+. Snow mode doesn't count.

I'm not into the Infomat like most of you. I just use the Navigation and USB for my music. Granted it's not the slickest system out there, my Ram truck with Uconnect blows the doors off this system. Aside from all of that, we both the car.
Congrats! Here is to no issues with your RDX
Old 09-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 191 Posts

And what car did you go to?
Old 09-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Dereileak
And what car did you go to?
Hyundai Palisade.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:34 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Even in the early 2000s they had a horrible reputation and the cars were crap. I believe while the quality of their vehicles have improved significantly in recent years, they’re still not quite there yet to compete with Honda/Toyota in terms of mechanical engineering.

I rented a Hyundai Azera and drove it from Florida to the Northeast, and enjoyed the vehicle. I can’t speak for its long term reliability.

Also, and this is purely subjective, I find Kia/Hyundai vehicles’ exterior design looking awkward compared to the rest of the competition. The Palisade looks like a hearse and I don’t like how low the headlight sits in the bumper. This seems to be the design language Hyundai is going for in the future.
This is exactly the perception issue I was referring to. Modern Hyundai's are at least as reliable as Toyota/Honda and in many cases far more reliable. What Hyundai gained in reliabilty, Honda has lost.

You may want to look up Hyundai - and not just in cars.

The design is a bit polarizing, but is aimed at the South Korean buyer
Old 09-25-2019, 12:35 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I have to be honest and say I have had zero disappointments so far with the vehicle. It is comfortable, everything works and the Infotainment system is probably one of the best I have ever owned. The extended warranty was not expensive and gives me full bumper to bumper for 100,000 miles. It even covers door dings and scratches for that amount of time.

And Android Auto/Carplay works phenomenal with zero issues for either and I can get 30MPG in Smart Mode on the Highway. Pretty awesome for a vehicle with a 3.8L V6
Does it drive far bigger than the RDX?
Old 09-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
Does it drive far bigger than the RDX?
It is a bigger feel vehicle wise, but not performance and comfort wise. The RDX definitely has the torque to make it an exciting drive, but the Palisade in Sport mode is no dog and the Smart mode setting is great as it automatically adjust the transmission on the fly depending on what kind of driving you need at the moment.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ceb
This is exactly the perception issue I was referring to. Modern Hyundai's are at least as reliable as Toyota/Honda and in many cases far more reliable. What Hyundai gained in reliabilty, Honda has lost.

You may want to look up Hyundai - and not just in cars.

The design is a bit polarizing, but is aimed at the South Korean buyer
Another thing I don’t like about Hyundai/Kia is that the interior materials used compared to their Japanese counterparts. They seem hard plasticky and cheap but then again, I haven’t been in one of the newer ones in the past couple of years.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Racer

Another thing I don’t like about Hyundai/Kia is that the interior materials used compared to their Japanese counterparts. They seem hard plasticky and cheap but then again, I haven’t been in one of the newer ones in the past couple of years.
The interior of my Palisade Limited is superior to my RDX Advance if that tells you anything.. There was more plastic in the RDX.. Our 2015 Hyundai Sonata does have a lot of plastic in comparison, but my son's 2019 Elantra has much less plastic than the Sonata
Old 09-25-2019, 03:07 PM
Gearhead

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I looked at the Kia Telluride. Nice looking car but much bigger than I wanted or needed. I think the uplevel trim in the Palisade is better but I though the Telluride looked better. If I could have the Telluride exterior with the Palisade's interior, that would be a good compromise for me. For a big vehicle it didn't feel like a lumbering oxcart. The upper level trims are definitely luxurious.

My main complaints when driving it where it seemed very FWD biased and absolutely no pretense of being sporty. The AWD version I drove seemed like the rear wheels were an after thought. Having said that though if I needed 3 rows this would be a the top of my list and easily in front of the MDX or Pilot. I'd love to see a bigger or more powerful motor in it. I think the V6 in it was at its limit. I'd hate to be driving it loaded through the mountains of Colorado. That is one thing I love about turbo motors is they are less affected by altitude.

Every week I travel for week and have some sort of rental car. I almost always choose a Hyundai or Kia as the tech usually works, no issues with the car, and normally great AC. I'd love to see a Genesis version of the Telluride.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
3rd Row SUV

For third row SUVS, I bought the Highlander last year. The 8 speed automatic and V6 is more then ample. I enjoy the reliability of the Highlander as a people hauler.

I was partial to a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey, but wife said no. I just don't understand the loathing of minivans! They are practical, and everytime I been in one, I keep thinking... "look at all the space!!!!!". The sliding doors are also cool and convenient....
Old 09-25-2019, 04:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
And you, sir, are unmitigated maroon.
Name calling? What are you 12? If you are going to do that then maybe you should learn to spell first. It’s “moron”. It’s a forum and we can agree to disagree but be an adult about it.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Racer

Name calling? What are you 12? If you are going to do that then maybe you should learn to spell first. It’s “moron”. It’s a forum and we can agree to disagree but be an adult about it.
Obviously you have never heard of "Bugs Bunny" who called those with less intelligence "Maroons"...
Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Drifting

👀

Quick Reply: Is it just me that likes the RDX?