Acuralink Trial Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019 | 08:54 AM
Racer

Acuralink Trial Questions

I finally got around to downloading the Acuralink app, starting the free trial and pairing my iPhone Xs to the RDX. The app has no info/functionality. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to add a credit card for it to work? I've read most of the related threads and not finding out how to make this work. Here's what the iPhone and website look like:

Old 12-27-2019 | 10:19 AM
Pro

Are you able to see the vehicle location on the map? If that works, then you may have the same problem as I did. Check this POST
Old 12-27-2019 | 11:55 AM
Skeptic

Under Settings in the car, you have to enable remote data. I don't remember the exact menu path.
Old 12-27-2019 | 04:44 PM
Racer

I enabled remote data collection and still no joy. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-27-2019 | 04:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by robnalex
I enabled remote data collection and still no joy. Any other suggestions?
Nevermind. My phone wasn’t Bluetooth connected. Now shows total range, odometer and oil life. For remote start free trial do I have to add a credit card? Thanks all, for the help!
Old 12-27-2019 | 06:14 PM
Drifting

Try to see if you can get away with not.

If not, see if one of them expires before the end date of a service.

Otherwise, set a reminder on your calendar to check about a month before expiry.
Old 12-27-2019 | 06:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
Try to see if you can get away with not.

If not, see if one of them expires before the end date of a service.

Otherwise, set a reminder on your calendar to check about a month before expiry.
I don’t even see “remote start “ on the app.
Old 12-27-2019 | 07:24 PM
Drifting

I don’t even see “remote start “ on the app.
swipe up from the bottom. There should be a line there. It might say ‘Remote Commands’.
Old 12-27-2019 | 08:39 PM
Skeptic

Nevermind. My phone wasn’t Bluetooth connected. Now shows total range, odometer and oil life. For remote start free trial do I have to add a credit card? Thanks all, for the help!
You did say in your original post your phone was paired.

The Remote panel rolls up and down from the bottom of the app. You should have a complimentary subscription for 6 months for Remote and a year for the Security package.

https://acuralink.acura.com/

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 12-27-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2019 | 09:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
swipe up from the bottom. There should be a line there. It might say ‘Remote Commands’.
Nope. Nothing there.
Old 12-27-2019 | 10:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
You did say in your original post your phone was paired.

The Remote panel rolls up and down from the bottom of the app. You should have a complimentary subscription for 6 months for Remote and a year for the Security package.

https://acuralink.acura.com/
Nope. No “remote panel “. And yes, the phone is paired.
Old 12-27-2019 | 10:23 PM
Pro

The AcuraLink app should give you the opportunity to locate your vehicle anywhere in North America, and to lock/unlock doors from anywhere within the same region. The app communicates over the cellular network. Obviously it is of no use if you have to have the vehicle turned on and be within Bluetooth range for it to work.It should work fine when not paired to a phone.

When you open the app, click on the "profile" icon in the top left corner of the screen, Next click on the Acura vehicle of interest in the "manage subscriptions" area (some folks have more than one). The next screen should let you know what packages are currently active.

If you can only connect over Bluetooth, and not the cellular network, then make sure you are parking your RDX in an area with a good cellular signal. Make sure you have a cellular connection by pressing the button on the overhead console, and speak to an Acura Representative.

Old 12-28-2019 | 03:03 AM
Racer

It sounds like you haven’t actually added your vehicle to the app. Your dealer should have done it for you, but maybe they didn’t.
Old 12-28-2019 | 07:21 AM
Skeptic

I finally got around to downloading the Acuralink app,

How long have you had the car? If more than 6 months, the complimentary Remote subscription has expired.

Old 12-28-2019 | 08:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cuzz
It sounds like you haven’t actually added your vehicle to the app. Your dealer should have done it for you, but maybe they didn’t.
The vehicle has been added. Range, PSI, Odometer and Oil Life are all working.
Old 12-28-2019 | 08:45 AM
Racer

How long have you had the car? If more than 6 months, the complimentary Remote subscription has expired.
We've had it about 7 months. Are you sure about this?

Old 12-28-2019 | 09:05 AM
Pro

Your image is just showing what they promise. Follow my instructions in post #12 and confirm what you actually have.
Old 12-28-2019 | 09:34 AM
Skeptic

You bought the car on or around May 10, 2019. The trial Security package expires on 5/10/2020. Your Remote package already expired, unless and until you pony up $110. That's what that says, as confusing as it is. Most of what you're seeing in the app is part of Basic which, for now, is gratis but they can change it whenever the fuck they want.

I chose to keep the remote package, which I use. There's nothing in the Security or Concierge packages I need.

Old 12-28-2019 | 09:45 AM
Advanced

You bought the car on or around May 10, 2019. The trial Security package expires on 5/10/2020. Your Remote package already expired, unless and until you pony up $110. That's what that says, as confusing as it is. Most of what you're seeing in the app is part of Basic which, for now, is gratis but they can change it whenever the fuck they want.

I chose to keep the remote package, which I use. There's nothing in the Security or Concierge packages I need.
For me, I activated the trials: Concierge, Remote, Security a couple months after I bought the 2020 RDX. The Concierge and Remote trials started the day I activated them and expiring 6 months later. The trial start date for these did not start on the date I bought the car. The Security package did show the start date as the date I bought the car. I wonder if you can't wait too long to activate the trials, or at least not after 6 months. Best if to call Acura to find out.
Old 12-28-2019 | 10:55 AM
Cruisin'

So the trial starts on the date of purchase and not when you first download and use the app? I guess I should download and try the app before my trial expires then.
Old 12-29-2019 | 08:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
Your image is just showing what they promise. Follow my instructions in post #12 and confirm what you actually have.
Did that. The only service indicated is "Security".
Old 12-29-2019 | 11:19 PM
Racer

We've had our car and free trial for not quite 11 weeks and now all of a sudden I can't sign in. Google autofills the user name and password but Acuralink says it's invalid. When I go to forgot password and answer 2 simple security questions, Acuralink says they are invalid answers. So I don't know, maybe we had a really short trial period?? At least no credit card was involved.
Old 12-30-2019 | 07:09 AM
Skeptic

Your user name and password for AcuraLink might be different than those for the Acura Owners site. They're separate services so you have to be careful about that. In my case, they're the same as I used for my Honda Owners site.

if you can't remember your user name, you might have to create a completely new account.
Old 12-30-2019 | 12:00 PM
Racer

Your user name and password for AcuraLink might be different than those for the Acura Owners site. They're separate services so you have to be careful about that. In my case, they're the same as I used for my Honda Owners site.

if you can't remember your user name, you might have to create a completely new account.
I didn't have any problem creating our Acuralink account and it has been working fine since we got the car so I don't know what's going on. It doesn't matter if I use autofill or manually enter the user name and password, Acuralink says they're wrong but I know they're right. Same with the security questions.
We were not going to pay to keep the service but I will try creating a new account just to see if we can.
Old 12-30-2019 | 07:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GW208
I didn't have any problem creating our Acuralink account and it has been working fine since we got the car so I don't know what's going on. It doesn't matter if I use autofill or manually enter the user name and password, Acuralink says they're wrong but I know they're right. Same with the security questions.
We were not going to pay to keep the service but I will try creating a new account just to see if we can.
It's a good thing we weren't really interested in keeping this.
When I go to create a new account, Acuralink says we already have an existing account and to sign in. But of course I can't sign in because of the wrong password issue and I can't request a new password because of the security questions.
Old 12-31-2019 | 08:10 PM
Intermediate

The AcuraLink app would be so much better (iOS) if it had Apple Watch support like the Lexus Enform Remote app. Hopefully in a near-future update...
Old 01-01-2020 | 09:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GW208
It's a good thing we weren't really interested in keeping this.
When I go to create a new account, Acuralink says we already have an existing account and to sign in. But of course I can't sign in because of the wrong password issue and I can't request a new password because of the security questions.
Call customer support they should be able to fix this issue. Same thing happened to me. I don’t know if you had a Honda link account previously but this was problem with me. I call customer support and they were able to link my existing Honda link account to my new Acura.