So I called up H&R directly and....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I called up H&R directly and....

They said put the H&R coilovers on the wagon at your own risk. Nice. I said but hey, some say they are good for the wagon. H&R said they are not tested or made for the wagon and though, even if they fit, because they were not tested for the wagon, you'd be SOL if something were to happen. Just passing that along my wagon friends. I was all set to buy, but f that. I don't want to be an experiment.

KW here I come.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
should be fine i mean how much heavier is the wagon to the sedan cant be that damn much
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
If they're coilovers you can likely just raise up a bit or go with stiffer spring rate to accomodate the added weight. Why not volunteer to work WITH them to find out if it works for a discount of some kind? Test vehicle type of thing.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
H&R is fine, I have them in my wagon. If you'll notice, the KW's aren't wagon specific either.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by MrLogan13
H&R is fine, I have them in my wagon. If you'll notice, the KW's aren't wagon specific either.
On their website KW says they are for the Wagon as well. I called them up and they said they are good for the Wagon. I call direct....I want everything from the horse's mouth so to speak.

H&R told me directly that they will not guarantee anything on my Wagon if I got them. Kinda sucks. Tein also has wagon specific coils.

Since you have them, MrLogan, maybe you can tell them they're good and they can then say they are good for wagons, but right now from my conversation with H&R, they are not. Like I said, I don't want my ride to be an experiment with no warranty should their parts break on me.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
10th Gear

On a side note, I also called Progress, and the rear sway works on our car, even though they don't say. It's good to call them direct. Apparently someone tested a wagon so it was good to go from Progress.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
Originally Posted by AP2DragonWagon
On a side note, I also called Progress, and the rear sway works on our car, even though they don't say. It's good to call them direct. Apparently someone tested a wagon so it was good to go from Progress.

couple of points:

1. from the horse's mouth would be hearsay in court. it dont mean a thing. maybe it makes you feel better but I would want something in writing. how do you know the guy/gal sweeping the floors didnt answer ther phone and speak to you. also, have you ever spoke to ANYONE at a car dealer. they are the biggest and BEST BS artists in the world/

2. if the oem part for the wagon is the exact same part as the sedan............i think you can conclude that any replacement for one will work for both.

just saying.

GL
The following users liked this post:
Honda_boy83 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Burning Brakes

ditto
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 AM
Instructor

On their website KW says they are for the Wagon as well. I called them up and they said they are good for the Wagon. I call direct....I want everything from the horse's mouth so to speak.

H&R told me directly that they will not guarantee anything on my Wagon if I got them. Kinda sucks. Tein also has wagon specific coils.

Since you have them, MrLogan, maybe you can tell them they're good and they can then say they are good for wagons, but right now from my conversation with H&R, they are not. Like I said, I don't want my ride to be an experiment with no warranty should their parts break on me.
The KW kit and the Tein kit are the exact same part numbers as the sedan kits.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by robpp
couple of points:

1. from the horse's mouth would be hearsay in court. it dont mean a thing. maybe it makes you feel better but I would want something in writing. how do you know the guy/gal sweeping the floors didnt answer ther phone and speak to you. also, have you ever spoke to ANYONE at a car dealer. they are the biggest and BEST BS artists in the world/

2. if the oem part for the wagon is the exact same part as the sedan............i think you can conclude that any replacement for one will work for both.

just saying.

GL

Ummm ok....I am sure the janitor at Progress gave me the answer
Under UCC code Implied Warranty of Merchantability, because they said I could use them on the wagon they'd be responsible for defects, even if not in writing. Look it up if you don't believe that. I'm more than meets the eye, kid.

I worked in car sales, and the fact of the matter is, most people that come in are, in fact, the liars...but that's a different story. You should try selling cars one day...you'll see what I mean. However, I am sorry to see that the dealers and people you CHOOSE to deal with when you buy a car are scum. I don't associate or work for people like that. People loved us and we loved them where I was.

Springs and shocks/struts are different on the wagon and sedan...had my parts guy look it up for me. I am not worried about my Acura warranty....I worked in the business, I am worried about if these parts fail because they say they are sedan only. I called to clarify, and got answers I wanted and figured I'd pass it along. Sorry to see no one wanted this info and instead would rather rely on what Sally or Joe Schmoe put 1,000+ dollar parts on their car rather than getting it from the manufacturer who did all the R&D and testing and actually warranties the product should it go wrong. Let me ask you, if I buy H&R coils, are you gonna cover that for me if a shock gets fubar'ed after 5k miles? Didn't think so, pal. Next time I'll just keep the info to myself rather than sharing it with the community at large.

Last edited by AP2DragonWagon; 02-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by MrLogan13
The KW kit and the Tein kit are the exact same part numbers as the sedan kits.
Yes. I saw that, but that's TEIN. Call H&R and ask them if you can put their kit on a wagon, even though its for the sedan only. Maybe you'll get a different answer than I Your car does look good though.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Burning Brakes

i feel like your caring too much about what the companies are saying there going to cover there ass any way they can. Most of the suspension will have sub notes saying offroad use only covering there asses. the sedan and wagon are same suspension multiple people have lowered there wagons on here with no problems.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Instructor

Yes. I saw that, but that's TEIN. Call H&R and ask them if you can put their kit on a wagon, even though its for the sedan only. Maybe you'll get a different answer than I Your car does look good though.
If you check a Euro parts site, you'll see that the same H&R kit is sold for the Honda Accord Tourer CW2, which is the TSX Sport Wagon here. H&R is probably covering their ass since the kit has been tested on the Euro model but bit thr US. The KW kit is the same as their sedan kit. So are the Teins. There's already another thread discussing this. If you don't want to use them, then use what you feel comfortable using. A lot of is have already done the legwork on the research. No need to spread FUD.

Last edited by MrLogan13; 02-08-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
After having gone with a Megan dual tube design in the past, I'd stick with Tein...