OFFICIAL Hondata Flashpro Calibration/Tuning Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014 | 10:38 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

he still didn't send you the proper one? wow that was like a week ago.

sloowwww..
Old 11-03-2014 | 10:56 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by iCrap

sloowwww..
I still have the R18 FP . Marcus contacted me saying that the supplier did not send out the wrong unit. Um, wtf? They're still "doing homework" in trying to figure out what went wrong, so that they can find the right resolution. Sigh... I've emailed them about once per day last week already. I don't wanna come off as annoying, always pressing for updates. But at the same time, this is unfair for me.
Old 11-03-2014 | 11:07 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

yea wtf? obviously they sent the totally wrong unit.
The right resolution is for them to obviously send you the new proper FP and then you send the other one back after receiving the correct one.

If they keep that sketchy shit up then I would do a chargeback.
Old 11-03-2014 | 12:33 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

The right resolution is for them to obviously send you the new proper FP and then you send the other one back after receiving the correct one.

Emailed them again expressing my frustrations/concerns. I will do something about this if I don't get a confirmation email about a new unit being shipped to me by the end of this week. I think this is fair. It's been a week and the furthest we've got was me sending them a few pictures of the unit I got. This is likely an anomaly to their usual customer service rep, but that doesn't mean I should accept the fact that I've paid for something a while ago that I still currently do not have.

Plus, we just saw our first snowfall over the weekend
Old 11-03-2014 | 02:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
I still have the R18 FP . Marcus contacted me saying that the supplier did not send out the wrong unit. Um, wtf? They're still "doing homework" in trying to figure out what went wrong, so that they can find the right resolution. Sigh... I've emailed them about once per day last week already. I don't wanna come off as annoying, always pressing for updates. But at the same time, this is unfair for me.
"Supplier"? You didn't buy from an authorized Hondata dealer? I'm my own supplier, if there's a mix up with FP's, I'm on the horn with Hondata & next daying stuff.

What's the serial # on the FP... is it FP-TSX-US-XXXXX?
Old 11-03-2014 | 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey there folks. Our reputation for customer service precedes us. If it were possible for others to see this from our perspective I think the answer would won't not be as clear cut as "they sent the wrong one and won't exchange it." When Hondata tells us the serial number for a FP that a customer received in error was from a "supercharger kit that shipped a couple years ago" and the inventory on our side all checks out, we need to make sure everything checks out right. Unfortunately having been impacted by dishonest customers in the past means we need to be double sure before assuming responsibility and absorbing expense. This was not an open and shut case. It's just business.

Gary, we do appreciate the dirty laundry staying in the washer til the cycle is done. We are still here answering phone calls and emails, as we have just replied to your latest.
Old 11-03-2014 | 04:51 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

So it was an error on Hondata's part?
Old 11-03-2014 | 05:07 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by VitViper
"Supplier"? You didn't buy from an authorized Hondata dealer? I'm my own supplier, if there's a mix up with FP's, I'm on the horn with Hondata & next daying stuff.

FP-R18-US-XXXXX

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Hey there folks. Our reputation for customer service precedes us. If it were possible for others to see this from our perspective I think the answer would won't not be as clear cut as "they sent the wrong one and won't exchange it." When Hondata tells us the serial number for a FP that a customer received in error was from a "supercharger kit that shipped a couple years ago" and the inventory on our side all checks out, we need to make sure everything checks out right. Unfortunately having been impacted by dishonest customers in the past means we need to be double sure before assuming responsibility and absorbing expense. This was not an open and shut case. It's just business.

Gary, we do appreciate the dirty laundry staying in the washer til the cycle is done. We are still here answering phone calls and emails, as we have just replied to your latest.
Marcus, I definitely appreciate the customer service/support. Any opinions I've expressed of late, is solely from the perspective of an honest buyer. To make it clear to anyone who's understood something differently, I am not at all blaming HeelToeAuto/Marcus for this situation. They've been extremely helpful in trying to resolve this issue with me, and it only makes sense it takes some time to sort out a rather unheard of issue where I got a unit that was supposedly part of a SC package for a Civic, that was sold over a year ago.

The disappointment I've expressed is one that any customer would experience (let alone car enthusiast/hobby-est in this scenario). It's simply a, "god damn, I bought something, but I got the wrong thing and now gotta wait" sort of deal. I'm definitely appreciative of your efforts in getting this resolved.
The following 3 users liked this post by xtcnrice:
iCrap (11-03-2014), MrHeeltoe (11-03-2014), ssjoeboe9 (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014 | 06:07 PM
Former Sponsor

So it was an error on Hondata's part?
There are two obvious explanations. 1) Our drop shipper sent the wrong one, or 2) Customer is lying.

We don't like either of those so we are going with a 3rd theory: 3) Rainbow-haired trolls from the 80's getting revenge on me for setting one on fire a long time ago.
Old 11-03-2014 | 07:20 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Yeah I have no complaints with your customer service... i bought my sway bar from you and the shipping was very fast - no issues. Will buy more from you in the future

It just seemed to me like in this case the issue could have been avoided if the guy who packed and shipped his box would have bothered to check the FP box to make sure it was the one which was ordered.

I just had a look at my FP box and it says very clearly FP TSX AMERICAS in huge bold letters on a reflective sticker - Not easy to miss even if you just take a quick look at the box..
Old 11-03-2014 | 07:30 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Yeah I have no complaints with your customer service... i bought my sway bar from you and the shipping was very fast - no issues. Will buy more from you in the future

It just seemed to me like in this case the issue could have been avoided if the guy who packed and shipped his box would have bothered to check the FP box to make sure it was the one which was ordered.

I just had a look at my FP box and it says very clearly FP TSX AMERICAS in huge bold letters on a reflective sticker - Not easy to miss even if you just take a quick look at the box..
Yes iCrap, big bold letters. Since I'm new to Hondata/FlashPro, I was like uhh... okay..... maybe the Civic ones work for our cars? I came to the conclusion that it likely won't work, and it's best to not open the package and leave it the way I received it.
Old 11-03-2014 | 07:38 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Yes iCrap, big bold letters. Since I'm new to Hondata/FlashPro, I was like uhh... okay..... maybe the Civic ones work for our cars? I came to the conclusion that it likely won't work, and it's best to not open the package and leave it the way I received it.
Yeah I know all that.
But, I'm suggesting the person at fault here is the guy who packed your box due to carelessness and not checking what he's actually sending.
Old 11-03-2014 | 10:13 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Yeah I know all that.
But, I'm suggesting the person at fault here is the guy who packed your box due to carelessness and not checking what he's actually sending.
naw I'm agreeing with you; the huge letters CANNOT be missed.
The following users liked this post:
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-03-2014 | 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

This too shall pass.
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:26 AM
Advanced

FP-R18-US-XXXXX
Whoops, definitely got sent the wrong one :X

There are two obvious explanations. 1) Our drop shipper sent the wrong one, or 2) Customer is lying.

We don't like either of those so we are going with a 3rd theory: 3) Rainbow-haired trolls from the 80's getting revenge on me for setting one on fire a long time ago.
There was a scenario a long while ago with a firmware/software mix up on some FlashPros where they were labeled/serial #'d for one vehicle but holding the firmware for the R18's... which is why I asked for the serial #, didn't think that issue could/would repeat itself, lol.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 07:00 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

sloowwww..

Originally Posted by VitViper

FP-R18-US-XXXXX

Marcus, I definitely appreciate the customer service/support. Any opinions I've expressed of late, is solely from the perspective of an honest buyer. To make it clear to anyone who's understood something differently, I am not at all blaming HeelToeAuto/Marcus for this situation. They've been extremely helpful in trying to resolve this issue with me, and it only makes sense it takes some time to sort out a rather unheard of issue where I got a unit that was supposedly part of a SC package for a Civic, that was sold over a year ago.

The disappointment I've expressed is one that any customer would experience (let alone car enthusiast/hobby-est in this scenario). It's simply a, "god damn, I bought something, but I got the wrong thing and now gotta wait" sort of deal. I'm definitely appreciative of your efforts in getting this resolved.

Yeah I know all that.
I don't understand where the problem is. If I get a wrong item I contact the vendor. Unless the vendor immediately sends me a FedEx/UPS/USPS return label with a promise of a full refund, I immediately dispute the transaction with my credit card company.

Vendors need to understand that there are consequences and taking no significant action (except for a couple of emails) until something negative is posted online isn't acceptable.

Just because they've been burned by a couple of dishonest customers doesn't give them the right to disbelieve everybody else. That snide comment about the "rainbow haired trolls" is insulting and clearly indicates that they think the customer is lying.

If they've had bad experiences with their drop shipper then that would be one more reason to immediately believe the customer. They have stated that they don't think it was a shipping error (Hondata said the serial number was shipped years ago, yada, yada, yada) so the only remaining reasonable assumption is that the customer is a lowdown dirtbag.

Are you a lowdown dirtbag?

Quit screwing around with emails and dispute the transaction. The ONLY action Heeltoe should take right now is to process a full refund and send you a shipping label until they find you the proper part. That's the way big boys do business.
The following 2 users liked this post by ceb:
iCrap (11-04-2014), Jaheri_cbp (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:03 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by ceb
I don't understand where the problem is. If I get a wrong item I contact the vendor. Unless the vendor immediately sends me a FedEx/UPS/USPS return label with a promise of a full refund, I immediately dispute the transaction with my credit card company.

Vendors need to understand that there are consequences and taking no significant action (except for a couple of emails) until something negative is posted online isn't acceptable.

Just because they've been burned by a couple of dishonest customers doesn't give them the right to disbelieve everybody else. That snide comment about the "rainbow haired trolls" is insulting and clearly indicates that they think the customer is lying.

If they've had bad experiences with their drop shipper then that would be one more reason to immediately believe the customer. They have stated that they don't think it was a shipping error (Hondata said the serial number was shipped years ago, yada, yada, yada) so the only remaining reasonable assumption is that the customer is a lowdown dirtbag.

Are you a lowdown dirtbag?

Quit screwing around with emails and dispute the transaction. The ONLY action Heeltoe should take right now is to process a full refund and send you a shipping label until they find you the proper part. That's the way big boys do business.
I dunno.. am I?

On a serious note, appropriate steps/instructions have been laid out for me and I will be sending the unit back to the drop shipper (likely today). When they receive it, the correct item should begin making its way to my home.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:24 AM
Racer

Yeah I would be mad if this took more than 3 days to resolve, just chimed in and read most of it but this been going on way too long.. Not the buyers issue he received the wrong one and he shouldn't have to wait....
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:36 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I dunno.. am I?

On a serious note, appropriate steps/instructions have been laid out for me and I will be sending the unit back to the drop shipper (likely today). When they receive it, the correct item should begin making its way to my home.
Ever gotten the wrong item from Amazon? They apologize profusely and ask if you'd like a new item or a refund. If you want a replacement then they ship it out immediately along with the shipping label to send the old one back.

Some vendors try to drag the process out until it is too late for you to dispute the transaction.

Vendors may say "we need the old unit back before we can send the new one out" but that is just a blatant lie. They have your credit card if you don't send it back. Why should you trust them if they don't trust you?

I;m sure that Heeltoe has many transactions that go smoothly but there are too many examples on this board where Heeltoe has resorted to insulting the customers - that type of behavior cannot be condoned. Here they have said it either was fairy dust that caused the problem or the customer is a liar.

Me? I'd get a refund and buy elsewhere.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
Ever gotten the wrong item from Amazon? They apologize profusely and ask if you'd like a new item or a refund. If you want a replacement then they ship it out immediately along with the shipping label to send the old one back.

Some vendors try to drag the process out until it is too late for you to dispute the transaction.

Vendors may say "we need the old unit back before we can send the new one out" but that is just a blatant lie. They have your credit card if you don't send it back. Why should you trust them if they don't trust you?

I;m sure that Heeltoe has many transactions that go smoothly but there are too many examples on this board where Heeltoe has resorted to insulting the customers - that type of behavior cannot be condoned. Here they have said it either was fairy dust that caused the problem or the customer is a liar.

Me? I'd get a refund and buy elsewhere.
Well said, like when they were stealing info from someone's thread about fitment... They just source the parts and mark it up...
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 10:22 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Cu2Suspect
Well said, like when they were stealing info from someone's thread about fitment... They just source the parts and mark it up...
We have to stop thinking that these companies are doing us a big favor by selling us this stuff. There are lots of companies out there selling this stuff (which we don't even really "need" if you get down to it) and we need to call companies that have crappy service on it.

Heeltoe is so full of themselves with their "our reputation precedes us" that they forget what part of their customer service they are known for - and it isn't pretty. Like I told Heeltoe in a very old thread - they just need to give the give the guy a refund or a replacement and very quietly let the thread die.

I hope everyone goes out and votes today but don't forget that you also vote with your wallet - both votes will hopefully send a message that we won't put up with substandard customer service.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 10:45 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

FP-R18-US-XXXXX

Actually, the problem needs to be resolved by HeelToe. You contracted with them to buy something, sent them money in good faith and they (it doesn't matter if it was the fairies, the drop shipper or Hondata) didn't ship the right part nor did they send you a refund once you alerted them to the problem.

Why do we (as a group) accept piss poor customer service and then feel the need to grovel to them lest they be mad at us.

They screwed up. You upheld your part of the bargain and they didn't. Now you have to jump through hoops to prove that you're not the bad guy.

Shame on them.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Ah, the CU2 torchbearers are here.

You guys are so sorely misinformed on so many fronts here it isn't worth addressing it all, and is only going to serve to get things off track in this thread, which is already horribly off subject.

Needless to say, if either of you had experiences buying from us that went sorely in any way at all I definitely would want to know and rectify things. Please call or email me immediately: 949-295-1668, marcus@heeltoeauto.com

-Marcus
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:05 PM
Former Sponsor

You know what ^^^^^ eff that. Obviously you have some kind of issue with us, even without having purchased. With any complaints or comments at all, I openly welcome you to contact me directly and let me know. Our reputation is rock solid going back more than a decade and over numerous forums....EXCEPT HERE, where something clearly went wrong in the AZ 2g TSX group. Post about us ANYWHERE else on AZ and you will get many positive replies.

Contact me directly and tell me what is wrong with our business and what we can do to turn things around for you guys.
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:18 PM
Racer

You know what ^^^^^ eff that. Obviously you have some kind of issue with us, even without having purchased. With any complaints or comments at all, I openly welcome you to contact me directly and let me know. Our reputation is rock solid going back more than a decade and over numerous forums....EXCEPT HERE, where something clearly went wrong in the AZ 2g TSX group. Post about us ANYWHERE else on AZ and you will get many positive replies.

Contact me directly and tell me what is wrong with our business and what we can do to turn things around for you guys.
How about a picture of a tracking number of this guys flashpro...
The following 2 users liked this post by Cu2Suspect:
ceb (11-04-2014), iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cu2Suspect
How about a picture of a tracking number of this guys flashpro...
"Contact me directly and tell me what is wrong with our business and what we can do to turn things around for you guys."

949-295-1668

Marcus
Old 11-04-2014 | 02:01 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Ah, the CU2 torchbearers are here.

You guys are so sorely misinformed on so many fronts here it isn't worth addressing it all, and is only going to serve to get things off track in this thread, which is already horribly off subject.

Needless to say, if either of you had experiences buying from us that went sorely in any way at all I definitely would want to know and rectify things. Please call or email me immediately: 949-295-1668, marcus@heeltoeauto.com

-Marcus

As expected, the guys with the great customer service resort to insults and cursing.

There is only one way that ToeHeel can somewhat redeem themselves in this thread and that is by sending the customer either a refund or an immediate replacement (whichever he prefers) and by posting that here in their very next post without any lame excuses, insults or cursing.

You guys clearly know nothing about who bought what (what did I buy from you guys?) and you are clueless about customer service.

A good company learns from mistakes and takes steps not to repeat them. A prior thread went down in flames because ToeHeel resorted to threats, intimidation and cursing and they are doing it again. Do they really think that this helps promote their "great" customer service?

HeelToe has a problem because they fail to realize that their attitude will be recognized by future customers - not only here but whenever a prospective customer types "HeelToe problems" into Google from anywhere in the universe.

Again, at this point their only acceptable response is "we've shipped out the correct part". There is no need to reply to my post - in fact, that would be counterproductive.
iCrap (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 03:08 PM
ROTAREDOM

Guys please, I made this thread so that people could come here for help with using FP software and specific tuning questions related to FP, and calibrations on CU2.

Let's stay on topic, and keep this a positive help thread.
Old 11-04-2014 | 03:12 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Yes Joe, I agree. Sorry this got off topic.. I regret bringing this up lol

Anyway...

optimus? Dime Feng? how's tuning with Vit coming along?

ssjoeboe, have you scheduled one with Vit yet?
Old 11-04-2014 | 04:27 PM
ROTAREDOM

Yes Joe, I agree. Sorry this got off topic.. I regret bringing this up lol

Anyway...

optimus? Dime Feng? how's tuning with Vit coming along?

ssjoeboe, have you scheduled one with Vit yet?
Ive spoken to Vit and he told me to buy the day before I do the aftercooler install. Fiancé is coming in town this weekend so it's looking like the weekend after. So last big mod with the aftercooler and finally the tune!
The following 2 users liked this post by ssjoeboe9:
Jaheri_cbp (11-04-2014), xtcnrice (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

My tune with Vit has been really positive.

I have posted up any "issues" but in reality they are just learning curves.

Hopefully others in the future will use our thread as reference material so they can avoid the issues we've encountered.
xtcnrice (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 08:59 PM
ROTAREDOM

yeah I hear Baozzer is going forced induction soon!
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Who is baozzer?
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:07 PM
ROTAREDOM

lmao...

I bought my Enkei Razrs from him, a FL member haha. He was the first one to buy a double din setup and make a custom iPad media center in his dash.

HIS BUILD THREAD IS HERE
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

IDK about soon but maybe in 6-9 months if i still have this car
ssjoeboe9 (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Oh, that seems kind of familiar.
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:58 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

I just ordered my kit.

It's gonna be pretty intense

Jaheri_cbp (11-05-2014)
Old 11-04-2014 | 11:38 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

I just ordered my kit.

It's gonna be pretty intense

sounds like you'll also need the hondata fire hazard module and you're good to go

... no there is no such thing
Old 11-05-2014 | 11:14 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

iselfdevi's mentioned in his thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...harger-920806/) that CT-E confirmed that the 09-10 CT-E SC map won't work for 11+. This sucks, because it probably means that 11+ owners won't be able to reuse other 09-10 maps either (i.e., Dime Feng's, optimus's, etc.)

I haven't played with the FlashPro Manager at all. But, do you think it would be possible for me to say, take one of the 09-10 maps in this thread, copy each and every value into an 11+ base map, and run it on my car? We still haven't identified what is exactly causing incompatibility issues between the two. But I'm thinking there must be good reason or Hondata wouldn't need to release 11+ base maps for 5AT and 6MT, and just reuse the existing 09-10 ones.

Last edited by xtcnrice; 11-05-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2014 | 11:17 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

That was my thought as well.... open up a 9-10 map and a blank 11+ map side by side and copy in the values. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Another thought is that maybe they DO work and Hondata / CTE are just saying they don't until they fully test it.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Hondata Flashpro Calibration/Tuning Thread