XM Note Feature not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 531 Likes on 341 Posts
Thumbs down XM Note Feature not Working

Yes, as if my car thought that my ownership experience hasn't been annoying enough, I heard a song on my XM that I really liked and I wanted to look into the artist. "No problem, I have my handy dandy note feature!" I thought. I pressed and held the XM button and heard a few beeps, and I thought that was all. Yet when I checked later, no damn note!!! I tried again NUMEROUS times and sadly, nothing. Even though I hear the beeps, "No Records Found" (or whatever it says) constantly displays in my Notes section and nothing is ever saved. I tried numerous channels...pretty much everything I could think of but sadly, to no avail.

I've had this car since Feb. and this was the first time I tried it. Anyone else have any problems with this?

This car's electronics are a joke...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

So I did a search on the forum before my post yesterday and found nothing, but a Google search today w/ different criteria found me this:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

So a bad module, eh? Greeeeaaat, one more damn thing to deal with! Can't wait to find out what all they have to rip apart to replace this!

Last edited by ESHBG; 12-17-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey everyone, just a heads up that I had them look at this today while my car was getting the state annual inspection and it is in fact a bad XM module. They ordered a new one and will be replacing it for me next week.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I tried to do that too and when nothing showed, I figured I was a tard.

Guess I'll add it to the list. =)
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
I tried to do that too and when nothing showed, I figured I was a tard.

Guess I'll add it to the list. =)
Man, it seems like you and I are neck and neck when it comes to problems with our cars!

Yeah get it fixed, and in turn we will let Acura know that this is an issue also.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yes, as if my car thought that my ownership experience hasn't been annoying enough, I heard a song on my XM that I really liked and I wanted to look into the artist. "No problem, I have my handy dandy note feature!" I thought. I pressed and held the XM button and heard a few beeps, and I thought that was all. Yet when I checked later, no damn note!!! I tried again NUMEROUS times and sadly, nothing. Even though I hear the beeps, "No Records Found" (or whatever it says) constantly displays in my Notes section and nothing is ever saved. I tried numerous channels...pretty much everything I could think of but sadly, to no avail.

I've had this car since Feb. and this was the first time I tried it. Anyone else have any problems with this?

This car's electronics are a joke...
I had the same problem over a year ago, I also had problems importing my address book from my phone. They replaced my module and I REALLY lucked out...the module is linked to your XM account...when you get the receipt KEEP it, because it will have your new XM ID#.....when I got my car back I had XM, weather, and traffic....I assumed that would be shut down after a few days, it never was. My original XM ID was auto renewed even though I don't have that module any more....I called them up and said I don't have the radio any longer and want to cancel the account I didn't realize that it would auto renewal. I've been getting XM, weather, and traffic on my new module for free since January of last year. When my dealer installed it I don't know what he did but when they activated it it seems like it was permanent. Just make sure you KEEP the new module ID# handy...don't say anthing to your dealer just look at the receipt you get it should be on there. Remember you XM account is connected that ID# of the module. You need to cancel your old account when it expires or you will be paying for a radio you don't have.....good luck!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

/\
Hey good info, thanks, Catman! I still haven't gone back to the dealership yet to get this done. I was kind of getting the runaround on when exactly I could bring it in (they seem to overbook their loaner cars, and I think that is what it all boils down to) but hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to make it in.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me know how it turns out....it took my dealer awhile to figure out the problem, because I initially went in because all of sudden I couldn't import my address book.....some how they figured out the module was bad and that fixed syncing my address book problem and the Note feature issue. Just make sure you keep both of your module ID's handy so you know which is which....the only way you will know is what your dealer puts on the invoice.

I'm lucky I had a seat problem and my dealer had my TSX for almost a week but they gave me an RX as my loaner. I've never had a problem getting a loaner from my dealer.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Catman
Let me know how it turns out....it took my dealer awhile to figure out the problem, because I initially went in because all of sudden I couldn't import my address book.....some how they figured out the module was bad and that fixed syncing my address book problem and the Note feature issue. Just make sure you keep both of your module ID's handy so you know which is which....the only way you will know is what your dealer puts on the invoice.
Okay I will, and thanks again for the heads up!

I'm lucky I had a seat problem and my dealer had my TSX for almost a week but they gave me an RX as my loaner. I've never had a problem getting a loaner from my dealer.
My dealership will only give you one if the service takes 2+ hours (which of course they never mention when you are buying the car). So what they do now is tell you that your work will only be about 1.5 hours so you can't get a loaner. Yet without fail, you will be sitting there for a lot longer than 1.5 hrs. I am being really pushy about it this time around because I simply cannot sit there for hours on end during my work day.