Completed Clearbra/Tint/Baby-proofed!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts
Completed Clearbra/Tint/Baby-proofed!!! :)

With a new baby on the way in less than 2 weeks, I made sure I completed "baby-proofing" the inside, as well as completed clear bra and tint... Now I can relax, and be stress free from worrying about paint chips on the highway, and baby puke on the seats... lol

Clear bra complete: (3M)
hood
fenders
door pockets
a pillar
mirrors
lower rockers (behind front wheel, ahead of rear wheel, behind real wheel)

Tint complete: (Llumar)
all 3 rear windows, at 15%

Interior:
black towels (to blend in), attached behind both front seats, in front of rear seats.
^ (you guys may laugh at this, but this being our 2nd kid, I learned to protect/cover all that is sacred inside from "unexpected" blowups)

Next mods:
Clearbra front bumper (2 weeks from now)
Hood struts
Invisicord detector power cord install
Independent fog lights control
Hoen fog lights

Enjoy pics

Even this close, you can't see the clear bra... the guy doing it is awesome.. it's our second car we have covered.

And now you can see the lines:

This is probably my favorite clear bra location... my wife and her keys/nails... Again, I learned from experience.

And now the sacred interior, protected from infant-ammo... lol. Target shopping is a must...

Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks terrific! I too have a an infant and a toddler so I am NOT laughing at all at your setup. My almost 3 year old will kick the back of the seats so we've got protectors on our other car, a Mazda CX-9. And once I get my TSX Wagon, I may need to go your route :-)
Old 06-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dsc888
Looks terrific! I too have a an infant and a toddler so I am NOT laughing at all at your setup. My almost 3 year old will kick the back of the seats so we've got protectors on our other car, a Mazda CX-9. And once I get my TSX Wagon, I may need to go your route :-)
Haha thx man... Hey, it works. No stains on my new soft leather
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
don't forget the seat back protector and Prince Lionheart seat protector. I went through the same thing on my SS. The leather looks brand new underneath. Check out Amazon.
The following users liked this post:
DreDuo (06-25-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gonzo08452
don't forget the seat back protector and Prince Lionheart seat protector. I went through the same thing on my SS. The leather looks brand new underneath. Check out Amazon.
Excellent suggestions. In fact, I do have the Prince Lionheart hard protector for my toddler's seat and it's a super product. The only thing I have issue with is that the back piece doesn't go up high enough but the bottom is the most important part of the product.

The leather in my CX-9 is firm and I have not needed any protector for the base for my infant. The leather on my 2004 leather is softer in the back and there are now stretch marks on it where the toddler seat makes contact...which lead me to get the Prince Lionheart for the SUV.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
That... is.... awesome! At first I couldn't tell where the lines were where the clear bra was applied till I went down some more and the lighting/angle made it stand out more. You can tell this was done professionally and it came out great. Definitely agree with the interior. It may look silly to others, but they can gtfo and walk. When you have young kids there's spills, throwup, food, and the one that kills it all is when they have the runs and its up their back, carseat, and runs down their leg (had that happen to me one time when my ex gf brought along her 2 yr old nephew and my parents stuffed him with mac and cheese.) Dont even get me started on apple juice. I have an 8 mo old girl, so i know exactly what you mean. Tori's a beautiful lady btw.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
WOW clear bra looks great! I have so many dings in my car from parking lots its not even funny, I wish I would have done this... how much was it?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Pro

Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Great job!! You got all the important spots outside and your interior looks pretty frikken baby proofed
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Pro

Those black towels that I have in there span
a) the back of the front seats
b) the seatback of the rear seats
c) the entire bottom seat of the rears

So it's pretty much covered. These Lionheart protectors do look beefy tho. Sounds like you guys are happy with it? I might still get these as added protection

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
That... is.... awesome! At first I couldn't tell where the lines were where the clear bra was applied till I went down some more and the lighting/angle made it stand out more. You can tell this was done professionally and it came out great. Definitely agree with the interior. It may look silly to others, but they can gtfo and walk. When you have young kids there's spills, throwup, food, and the one that kills it all is when they have the runs and its up their back, carseat, and runs down their leg (had that happen to me one time when my ex gf brought along her 2 yr old nephew and my parents stuffed him with mac and cheese.) Dont even get me started on apple juice. I have an 8 mo old girl, so i know exactly what you mean. Tori's a beautiful lady btw.
Yeah that clear bra stuff is amazing. The guy I had install it has been doing it for almost 10 years. He rocks. The A pillar, door pockets, lower spoiler, and rear trunk is all custom work. But he is so good with his "lines", that it's all perfectly symmetrical... no clue how he does it... freehand even. Any new car I get from here on out will ALWAYS get a clear bra. Hands down the single best investment you can to do a vehicle. It protects you from chips and scratches for your own peace of mind, and helps you out when you sell it or trade it in. Win - win.

Originally Posted by Misc-ura
WOW clear bra looks great! I have so many dings in my car from parking lots its not even funny, I wish I would have done this... how much was it?
I guess if you clear bra the entire car/door surfaces, you could protect against dings somewhat. But Clear Bra is more meant for the front end and lower trim areas to protect from rock debris being flung onto the paint and causing a "chip". The cost varies, but can go from 500 - 1000, depending on coverage and installation shop.

Originally Posted by ttk5
Great job!! You got all the important spots outside and your interior looks pretty frikken baby proofed
Thanks man! Yeah, I was wondering if I missed any spots, but I think I got it all captured!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Guys,

Acura/Honda doesn't sell a neoprene fitted 2nd row cover, do they? I think they make one for another one of their vehicles if I am not mistaken.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
CR

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks great man! I'm going to be having my first baby in about 7 months. Going to have to look into something like this.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
My first little one will be here in Nov. I will take all of the suggestions made here and run with them.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Pro

I've used the towel method before but they tend to smell funky after a while so I just have to keep replacing them. Oh and they shed as well. Other than those minor things, they work great.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by DreDuo
My first little one will be here in Nov. I will take all of the suggestions made here and run with them.
Congrats on your litte one coming soon.

Originally Posted by Stylinhonda
Looks great man! I'm going to be having my first baby in about 7 months. Going to have to look into something like this.
Congrats on your future little one also.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Stylinhonda
Originally Posted by DreDuo
Congrats to you both. You're welcome for the suggestions. FYI, our baby is 7 weeks old this week, and we've been using Tori to move him about, and the towel method has been working uber great so far. Knock on wood, no baby "incidents" yet, but with the oldest kid, his grime from daycare from shoes, etc, all get caught in the towel. Afterwards, I can just shake off the dirt and/or wash the towels and re-install. Works great!!!

I've used the towel method before but they tend to smell funky after a while so I just have to keep replacing them. Oh and they shed as well. Other than those minor things, they work great.
LOL.... dude, see above. WASH your towels. They're not permanently installed in your car, you know

As for shedding, what kind of towels do you get? Don't get the cheap kind LOL. I got higher quality towels from Target (I know they're not high-high end, but they're decent) and they don't shed, or bleed during washes.... they work great. We just wash them when they get, how do you say, "funky"

Last edited by Integra2TSX; 06-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gonzo08452 (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Pro

^^LOL. yeah thats the problem, I wash these el-cheapo Walmart towels and they start shedding. I need to get me some higher quality towels.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 PM
2010 TSX Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to say it, but some of my friends are just as bad as toddlers sometimes, especially drunk. I keep spare towels in the trunk along with emergency cleanup gear and leather cleaner just in case. Even then, I still have to remind them not to put on or take off jackets right next to the car (one kid actually nicked the side panel and I have to get the rust inside removed and completely repainted and clearcoated, $600 down the drain...) but I do like your idea on the clear bra for this. How much did it cost you if I may ask?