3 weeks and already some damage

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011 | 09:46 AM
Advanced

3 weeks and already some damage

Nothing too bad, no body damage, mainly scratches.

I was parked in a garage, came back to find these lovely marks. Used a bit of a scratch remover and the minor stuff came off, gonna take it to a shop this weekend.

I'm guessing someone tried to back into the spot or park in and went too shallow and hit me. Assholes! Shouldn't be an expensive job to fix, what do you guys think?

3 weeks and already some damage-sptl6.jpg
Old 04-10-2011 | 09:55 AM
Racer

OMG..I'd be freaking out..that doesn't look too good. I'm not sure, but you might want to have the entire front bumper repainted..again, not sure.
Old 04-10-2011 | 09:59 AM
Advanced

Yeah, I'm surprised I'm not freaking out right now. I guess it's because the anxiety is now gone of "oh shit, when am I gonna get the first hit..."
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:21 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

Oh my god...fucking asshole drivers these days. =.=
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:23 AM
Op is too busy to care

what the fuck who does that to a gorgeous car
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear about the damage, from the sound of it, the person did not leave behind any contact information (hit and run).
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:28 AM
Advanced

Yep, hit and run! What's funny is, I parked away from any other cars too (two spots away), just to ensure no one will hit my baby... go figure!! I tried to find someone in the garage (security or something) to see if there was a camera footage, but it's an "unmanned" garage - in White Plains, NY, if anyone is familiar.

Gonna take it to my body shop soon, maybe it won't need anything too bad.

A repaint will probably be 500/600 eh?
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:44 AM
Op is too busy to care

fucking sucks =/
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Society is going downhill.
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:28 AM
Op is too busy to care

i hate driving in to new york, let alone parking there, i just leave the acura at home when i have to go in. People drive and park like shit in new york city. It blows my mind to think that New Yorkers believe people in Jersey dont know how to drive =| Whenever i have to go into the city its a fucking zoo
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by nshahzad
Yep, hit and run! What's funny is, I parked away from any other cars too (two spots away), just to ensure no one will hit my baby... go figure!! I tried to find someone in the garage (security or something) to see if there was a camera footage, but it's an "unmanned" garage - in White Plains, NY, if anyone is familiar.

Gonna take it to my body shop soon, maybe it won't need anything too bad.

A repaint will probably be 500/600 eh?
maybe cause they have to sand it down and repaint it. How low is ur insurance deductible? You could claim a hit and run. lol I say buy a used '10 grille and sport bumper and call it a day. lol nevermind ur paint is GLM not PMM
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:33 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KillerG
i hate driving in to new york, let alone parking there, i just leave the acura at home when i have to go in. People drive and park like shit in new york city. It blows my mind to think that New Yorkers believe people in Jersey dont know how to drive =| Whenever i have to go into the city its a fucking zoo
I always park in a garage in the city, ALWAYS tip the guy a dollar or two when you give your car - everytime I've done that, they park it right up front in the garage, carefully too. Goto centralparking.com, they have coupons too. I'll never park on the street there.

Few more pics, just noticed the bumper is a little out of line with the body. I still can't figure out, if they were pulling into the spot and just rubbed around it?? I don't know...

3 weeks and already some damage-c9rhz.jpg

3 weeks and already some damage-upce4.jpg

3 weeks and already some damage-ekaeb.jpg

3 weeks and already some damage-l4zqx.jpg
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pbhak002
maybe cause they have to sand it down and repaint it. How low is ur insurance deductible? You could claim a hit and run. lol I say buy a used '10 grille and sport bumper and call it a day. lol nevermind ur paint is GLM not PMM
I'll have to figure it out. My dude did my 09 Corolla which someone tried to merge into me onto the highway, and ripped half my bumper off - he did that for 400. But that was also a Corolla.

I like the '11 style over the '10 actually...
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:37 AM
Advanced

I used some scratch remover, and the "magic pen" thing from Mr.Clean, a lot of it came off. There's a few deep scratches, maybe that just needs touch-up paint. Seems like the other car's white paint just rubbed off on it. Just what's left now are a bit deeper
Old 04-10-2011 | 11:59 AM
Racer

the offending driver was probably drunk if it was last night. looks like you need a new bumper.
Old 04-10-2011 | 12:09 PM
Advanced

Moments like this wish I had a front-facing camera.
Old 04-10-2011 | 01:01 PM
Racer

Were you backed in? Seems like someone tried to park next to you and came in too tight on their back right...

here is a diagram ...

So you are the gray car, and you are backed in. Some large white utility van/minivan/SUV tries pulling in next to you but comes in too tight and scrapes their right side doors/fenders/bumpers on your front right bumper.

Yes?
Old 04-10-2011 | 01:02 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I was backed in. Hahaha, I love the diagram, that's what I was thinking too.

What a dick move, they had to come park next to me, with plenty of spots open
Old 04-10-2011 | 01:36 PM
Instructor

should cost about 300-400 to fix at a good shop.

either sell the bumper to a bodyshop and buy a new black bumper. i know a guy who's selling one for 300. pm me.

or buy an aftermarket bumper or aero bumper from honda and consider it an upgrade.

turn a bad thing into a good thing....gotta look on the bright side, atleast he/she never hit your air bag sensors.
Old 04-10-2011 | 03:26 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

man that sucks! looks like it needs a repaint...
Old 04-10-2011 | 03:52 PM
Let me help you!

When my front bumper was damaged in a parking lot (I was parked backwards), I took it in to the dealer's body shop. The damage was similar to yours, but smaller in scope (surface damage only, and it was localized to a smaller area). The entire bumper had to be taken off and repainted.

What sucks is that since it is on the front bumper, the paint will chip and crack easier since the paint is just painted on (as opposed to OEM paint, where they electrically charge the parts so that they attract paint molecules). Before the damage, I had driven behind trucks on the highway that launched lots of gravel at my car, and my front end barely had any damage. After the damage and repaint, my front end gets damaged quickly.
Old 04-10-2011 | 04:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
When my front bumper was damaged in a parking lot (I was parked backwards), I took it in to the dealer's body shop. The damage was similar to yours, but smaller in scope (surface damage only, and it was localized to a smaller area). The entire bumper had to be taken off and repainted.

What sucks is that since it is on the front bumper, the paint will chip and crack easier since the paint is just painted on (as opposed to OEM paint, where they electrically charge the parts so that they attract paint molecules). Before the damage, I had driven behind trucks on the highway that launched lots of gravel at my car, and my front end barely had any damage. After the damage and repaint, my front end gets damaged quickly.
I have a few chips right now actually, I guess I'll have to get a bra. Do you remember how much they charged you for a repaint?
Old 04-10-2011 | 05:05 PM
Intermediate

Someone did a hit and run on me when I had my car for a little bit over a month. Just like the OP, I wasn't mad or freaking out about it because I knew my insurance would cover it. The really messed up thing was, was that it was in my apartment complex parking lot.......
Old 04-10-2011 | 05:44 PM
Instructor

oem paint is better

but they can't charge the plastic bumper

they include a 'flex' material in the paint and/or primer which makes it less prone to chipping.

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan

Old 04-10-2011 | 05:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznwarrior03
Someone did a hit and run on me when I had my car for a little bit over a month. Just like the OP, I wasn't mad or freaking out about it because I knew my insurance would cover it. The really messed up thing was, was that it was in my apartment complex parking lot.......
The insurance claim will make your car worth less (by a few grand), b/c it's on the history of the car / vin. So it sucks that you got hit, b/c either way you will end up suffering (either psychologically or monetary).

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 04-10-2011 | 05:53 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I wouldn't file a claim with insurance, not worth it. They'll get you one way or another if you do that
Old 04-15-2011 | 05:03 PM
Advanced

Got it fixed, looks brand-new. Took it to my usual guy - they repainted the bumper. Cost 300$, luckily no damage to the bumper
Old 04-16-2011 | 02:43 AM
Advanced

Man that looks nasty.
Sometimes in parkades, you have no option of parking away from the pack so I always return to my car holding my breathe hoping no one has backed into it/ dinged my doors...kinda paranoid i know oO;

Glad you got it fixed.
Old 04-16-2011 | 11:05 AM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by b.ike
Man that looks nasty.
Sometimes in parkades, you have no option of parking away from the pack so I always return to my car holding my breathe hoping no one has backed into it/ dinged my doors...kinda paranoid i know oO;

Glad you got it fixed.

Its not just you. My GF is always complaining that i park at the far end of every parking lot to be alone and away from retards.

On the bright side, after 2 years, people still mention that my car is either new or appears brand new. I became really anal about detailing too. Thanks alot Acura
Old 04-16-2011 | 11:29 AM
Instructor

damn that looks kinda bad, did you get an official quote, i have a few sctratches like that the guy was gonna charge me $400 no tax. he said he would have to do the entire bumper. actual shops were saying $550!
Old 04-16-2011 | 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

damn man sorry to see this ... will def need a repaint, atleast its just the bumper and not sheet metal
Old 04-16-2011 | 02:43 PM
Racer

Its not just you. My GF is always complaining that i park at the far end of every parking lot to be alone and away from retards.

THIS. :P All my whiney ass friends are always griping about how far I park when I take them with me places. I'd like to think that maybe when they have something nice they'll understand.
Old 04-16-2011 | 03:05 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by s40 driver
THIS. :P All my whiney ass friends are always griping about how far I park when I take them with me places. I'd like to think that maybe when they have something nice they'll understand.
If you are the one driving them you get to choose where you want to park. I also park as far away as possible. I do not mind walking.
Old 04-16-2011 | 06:18 PM
Op is too busy to care

i like the exercise. Another rule of my car:

my car my radio...bitch. hands off, ive heard enough rebecca black for one day.

*iron maiden time*
Old 04-16-2011 | 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

I did this at Target and got that walnut-sized dent in my rear driver's side door... people can be such assholes.
Old 04-16-2011 | 10:30 PM
Op is too busy to care

uh yeah i hear ya, i always get paranoid thinking that someone will see my car and go out of their way to bang it up...and this is why. people are such scum sometimes =/
Old 04-17-2011 | 05:14 PM
Advanced

i like the exercise. Another rule of my car:

my car my radio...bitch. hands off, ive heard enough rebecca black for one day.

*iron maiden time*
Iron Maiden makes me drive so fast...
Old 04-19-2011 | 01:30 PM
10th Gear

Same thing happened to me this weekend. My car is a little older than three weeks, but when I say older I mean I just bought it brand new 5 months ago lol. I was grocery shopping and came out to a giant gouge, scuff marks, mini dents, and red paint all over my grigio metallic paint. Sad thing is I re-parked my car three times, THREE, because the first time one car was too close and I was afraid someone would hit my doors, second the car was parked at an angle, so I ended up parking in a wide open spot, no one to the left of me or right. Looks like someone's door railed my passenger side door No note, no witness, nothing. I can't believe how someone would not care enough to leave a note or go inside and have someone paged - astonishes me how ignorant people in this world really are. Anyways, I have an estimate on Thursday to get it looked at. I have never posted a photo on the forum before, so I am just going to try to paste it (doubt it will work). If someone can help me put a photo in my post I would appreciate it! I took it from my phone after I saw the damage, kind of hard to see how bad it really is in the photo. Any idea how much this is going to cost to get fixed? I know nothing about body work on cars lol. P.S. - I didn't mean to hijack your thread!
Old 04-19-2011 | 01:46 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by nshahzad
Iron Maiden makes me drive so fast...

Try listening to megadeth and going slow haha

Iron maiden is my relaxy time music nowadays
some stuff still really gets my blood running though
Old 04-19-2011 | 01:59 PM
Advanced

No prob, if you go to imgur.com, upload your picture there, copy/paste in the "forum" link they give

Quick Reply: 3 weeks and already some damage