2011 TSX ** Details/Pics (page 8)**

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
CEO of IMHO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 TSX ** Details/Pics (page 8)**

I was getting my 05 serviced, and was talking to a sales guy on the floor who claimed to have just seen the Acura corporate video talking about the 2011 models.

When I asked him what the next TSX had in store, he said that it included an updated Nav/stereo system with the built-in hard drive and improved rear-camera feature. He also mentioned that there will be an alternative "beak" available as a dealer-installed option.

I forget what else he said specifically, but it DID sound like the TL's NAVI system was coming to the TSX in 2011.

I'm wondering if anyone can corroborate these rumors?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
it also comes in tsx type s coupe with v6, all wheel drive, updated nav, sound system.

no i am just kidding that's jsut what i want :p
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any word on changes in price? im assuming its gonna be bit more expensive for the base even, and harder to get a break on it.
im about to get a 2010 tech. and i know the navi is outdated looking, and i assumed somehting new was instore for 2011. ive looked but this is the first ive read about it, other than the sport wagon
and any idea on release date?
im wondering if its worth the wait. i can only wait about 2 months though before i need to buy a car.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
He also mentioned that there will be an alternative "beak" available as a dealer-installed option.
Maybe they're going to make the modulo grill available as an accessory.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
Maybe they're going to make the modulo grill available as an accessory.
i'm all for it as long as they dont rape us on the pricing lol.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
possible. nothing really ridiculous for a MMC.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
There has been absolutely no information directly from Honda yet, so no one has any info yet.

I'm guessing summer release as usual for the sedan. Sport wagon is due in the fall.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Racer

yeah i even asked the sales guy im dealing with. he barely even knew about the sport wagon
Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
i knew it. the 1G TSX got their MMC after the initial two years and guess the same thing will happen to the 2G TSX as well. i'm glad they're upgrading the old Navi on TSX, it is one big reason i'm holding out on the '10 because i know they're gonna do something with it soon. now, let's hope the '11 also comes with LED taillights and a little power bump ala the new Honda CRVs.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Racer

the new 6 speed auto would be nice too.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by kevTL888
i knew it. the 1G TSX got their MMC after the initial two years and guess the same thing will happen to the 2G TSX as well. i'm glad they're upgrading the old Navi on TSX, it is one big reason i'm holding out on the '10 because i know they're gonna do something with it soon. now, let's hope the '11 also comes with LED taillights and a little power bump ala the new Honda CRVs.
These changes do not necessarily mean it's MMC. The navi upgrades were planned for a while now, my guess that the delay was caused the the slowdown in sales in late 2008-2009. (they probably didn't fulfill the commitment to buy all the 'old' navi systems cause they didn't make as many cars as they planned) I still think that MMC will debut in CY 2011 FOR MY 2012 models.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only real disappointment with the TSX has been the Navi..... And of course they update it the year after I buy mine...

doody!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Racer

Updated Navi/back up camera makes sense...I'd think that the 6AT will become standard in all trannys for 2011. In terms of the Wagon, I'm hearing it's only coming as a 4 cylinder and FWD - if that's the case, ACURA is retarded, plain and simple. The wagon HAS to have SH-AWD to even justify bringing it over to NA.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
Updated Navi/back up camera makes sense...I'd think that the 6AT will become standard in all trannys for 2011. In terms of the Wagon, I'm hearing it's only coming as a 4 cylinder and FWD - if that's the case, ACURA is retarded, plain and simple. The wagon HAS to have SH-AWD to even justify bringing it over to NA.
I dont think so at all...Acura HAS an SH-AWD "wagon"...the RDX.

There HAS to be points of differentation between models.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Navi disappointment is subjective.

Coming from an 03 F150 SCrew (no nav), 06 Alti SE-R (no nav avail), 07 TRD SE FJ (goofy portable navi), then an 07 Si (no navi's available at the time), this format suits me really well. Then again, certainly we'd be able to upgrade/retro the main...unit...right?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
Navi disappointment is subjective.

Coming from an 03 F150 SCrew (no nav), 06 Alti SE-R (no nav avail), 07 TRD SE FJ (goofy portable navi), then an 07 Si (no navi's available at the time), this format suits me really well. Then again, certainly we'd be able to upgrade/retro the main...unit...right?
as far as retro fit the newer nav, i don't think it's that easy. the technology is totally different, the current TSX uses DVD based while the upgraded one most likely will be the hard drive based version they use on the 4G TL.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Racer

man it would be nice to have the HD based navi.
im getting the 2010 tsx soon and the dvd nav bothers me a little.
what do you think the possibility of uprading the system later to a hd system wouldbe?
that would be great, i think id def do that
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hjahmad
man it would be nice to have the HD based navi.
im getting the 2010 tsx soon and the dvd nav bothers me a little.
what do you think the possibility of uprading the system later to a hd system wouldbe?
that would be great, i think id def do that
i almost bought an '10 TSX too until i saw the non-VGA screen of the old navi, a total turn off. our 2009 TL's navigation is one of the best ones i've been used so far, and the VGA high resolution screen is definitely worth the wait.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kevTL888
i almost bought an '10 TSX too until i saw the non-VGA screen of the old navi, a total turn off. our 2009 TL's navigation is one of the best ones i've been used so far, and the VGA high resolution screen is definitely worth the wait.

yeah i know but i need a car, i cant wait 5 months for it.
im looking to buy in the first 2 weeks of march
Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Those bastards, I just bought my 2010 TSX a couple of months ago.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Racer

maybe try a trade in
if these rumors are true
Old 02-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hjahmad
maybe try a trade in
if these rumors are true
definitely not worth it. although the changes are nice (according to rumors) but i would not trade in a one year old car for any reason. you'll get absolutely raped by whoever you trade the car in.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Racer

true,
private sale?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
HDD navigation is not reason to upgrade unless it is 3D topography like new Audi. I havent seen any MMC report of Euro Accord this year.
Type-S idea will be better with 18inch standard rims, Standard sport suspension with aero package, interior upgrades. Cobalt Blue color addition.
It is cheaper to have everything standard than add up at dealer. I tend to think Honda is going to keep this model for 7 or 8 years with upgrades.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Cruisin'

any word on possibly adding a 6-spd v-6?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
HDD navigation is not reason to upgrade unless it is 3D topography like new Audi. I havent seen any MMC report of Euro Accord this year.
Type-S idea will be better with 18inch standard rims, Standard sport suspension with aero package, interior upgrades. Cobalt Blue color addition.
It is cheaper to have everything standard than add up at dealer. I tend to think Honda is going to keep this model for 7 or 8 years with upgrades.
I was not thinking of trading in or upgrading my 2010. just lamenting the fact that Acura might upgrade the navigation screen only a few months after I bought my car.

Speaking of upgrades I wish they would go with Bi-Xenon headlights instead of having a halogen high beam. Some DRL LED's ala Audi would be awesome too.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 AM
CEO of IMHO

So just to re-iterate the rumor (source, and additional details):

The rumor is based on a convo I had with a sales rep that claimed he had just watched a video from "Corporate" that outlined the 2011 line-up. I asked him specifically about the TSX because I don't want to buy a '10 if '11 is gonna have the tech-bling I crave.

Note: this sales guy is nice, but he's no tech-savant. I had to fill in some of the blanks as he was speaking. He said that the new TSX would have the HD-based music. So, I asked, "does that mean the NAVI will be HD-based as well?" and he said "yes." And then I said, "so, it sounds like they're putting the TL's Navi/Audio system into the TSX." And he said "Yup, that's what it looked like to me."

(BTW - this is paraphrasing. He was a bit more solid on his facts than I'm portraying)

Let's put it this way -- he was so confident in what he saw in the video (for better or for worse/for fair or for foul) that he agreed that it made sense for me to wait until "Fall '10" to upgrade my 05 based on what he knows I'm looking for in the car.

So, here's my take: he's sure of what he saw and he knows I'll love what they're offering in Fall '10 with the '11 TSX. So sure that he's willing to delay a sale for 10 months. But, I'm personally not 100% convinced he would be able to differentiate what was planned for '11 vs. what was planned 'for the future' of the vehicle. Nor that he fully understands the technology enough to accurately re-portray it hours after he saw the video.

Make sense?

Nevertheless, I believe him enough that I am going to wait until I see the official deets on '11 before I pull the trigger on an upgrade.

Quick brand point: Acura's new slogan is Smart Luxury. I love it. But if they're going to be the high-tech value leader, then they do need to get their tech-stack back to a leadership position. They had the lead for the last decade or so, but they're falling behind now. What's really needed is internet-based content via cellphone 3G connection, including Google Maps (or Bing, whatever) content integration, as well as live streaming of audio via the 'net. This needs to be in place soon if they want to keep us younger-at-heart people coming back. Heck - I'm looking at FORDs now due to the SYNC technology!

An Acura die-hard looking at FORD???? Really?

Jon
Old 02-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Safety Car

this is what they introduce in Japan now. nothing special. CRZ is car above insight/Fit/Civic. They introduced LED DRL etc.

If 2010 is available at $1k to $2k discount over 2011. so there is no reason to wait for 2011. Navigation system by itself is not MMC.
Sale guy didnot mentioned any visual changes in car or in rims. and i dont see new engine/transmission before 2012 MY.

http://en.acnnewswire.com/Article.As...D=3104&lang=EN
Available as a factory option on all CR-Z models, the Honda HDD InterNavi System comes with the new Linkup Free service, the automobile industry's first*8 free*9 car navigation data service. Any CR-Z owner with an InterNavi Premium Club membership will receive free renewal of this service when registered at an authorized Honda dealer at the time of each vehicle inspection required under Japanese law, for as long as he or she owns the vehicle.*10

*8 Honda research
*9 The factory option navigation equipment uses the PHS data network of WILLCOM, Inc. to transmit InterNavi Club information only; charges for hands-free conversations and data transfer using cellular phones and other telecommunications devices are the responsibility of the customer.
*10 Membership renewal fee is free only when the owner uses an authorized Honda dealer for vehicle inspections and renewal procedure; a renewal fee is required when the procedure is performed at a non-authorized Honda facility.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^ That doesn't have anything to do with the TSX.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
^ That doesn't have anything to do with the TSX.
CRZ is first MY 2011 product from Honda. DRL LED is new thing.
TSX is Euro Accord. it cant deviate from it otherwise V6 TSX would have got HDD navigation from begin.
i would not be surprized for TSX having IMA addition some time in 2011 for 2012 year.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Everything is just a rumor until proven otherwise! However I am surprised they would be talk about adding a music hard drive to the TSX, this would certainly cut into the TL's sales and make it even harder to diffirentiate, unless Acura is planning new Tech for the TL in the rumored "Advance" package. Whatever it may be this news is positive and proof that regardless of what some are feeling Acura is not going to just roll over and start producing eco stripped down cars. May not have the engine power to bring to the fight, but will find other strategies to get the attention of luxury car buyers.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
The Euro Accord/ Euro Accord Tourer in Japan has just got the HDD based Navigation System:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDTOURER/...og/navigation/

URL is in Japanese but you can stil pretty much see what the new Navigation System is like. Yes. It does offer 3D Topography.

My Tourer has DVD based Navi system. Should have waited but then you could wait forever ...
Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by limleong
The Euro Accord/ Euro Accord Tourer in Japan has just got the HDD based Navigation System:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORDTOURER/...og/navigation/

URL is in Japanese but you can stil pretty much see what the new Navigation System is like. Yes. It does offer 3D Topography.

My Tourer has DVD based Navi system. Should have waited but then you could wait forever ...
Honda has HDD navigation for insight/Fit and are offering in Civic hybrid in EU.
but they belong to same generation as VW 2007 Toureg. They are not at par with latest Audi systems.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 AM
CEO of IMHO

If the Euro Accord got HD NAV, doesn't that indicate a higher level of credibility to my rumor?

Originally Posted by limleong
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
If the Euro Accord got HD NAV, doesn't that indicate a higher level of credibility to my rumor?
Japanese Honda Fit has same HDD navigation system. it seems US market are decontent to keep cost down for various models. Euro Accord in Japan also have smart key.

It is not credibility but logic behind that upgrade that dont make sense. there is no point in upgrading for 2011 when 2010 Audis and soon BMW/Lexus/MB will join in much higher level. with newer IS/3 series/C class.

USDM Accord is already 2 years old without MMC. Even Japanese Inspire. (USDM Accord) has HDD navigation system. with rear view cameria looks to have lines like TL/TSX V6. Honda inspire in Japan is almost equal to FWD TL tech. with things like HID/CMBS/ACC.

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/navigation/
http://www.honda.co.jp/INSPIRE/navigation/
Old 02-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish they would make a Navi that gave me a tug job while driving. Hmm, gets me where I'm going without any difficulty, don't really look at the Navi screen all that much since I'm watching the road...what the hell do you all want. Hahaha. A 22' screen would be nice I suppose.....

Hey my camera makes phone calls....

Sorry guys I couldn't help myself.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:34 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by RkFast
I dont think so at all...Acura HAS an SH-AWD "wagon"...the RDX.

There HAS to be points of differentation between models.
I disagree... the Accord Crosstour has AWD. If the upscale Honda brand doesn't, how would that work?

I think the real question is whether Acura will offer a 6MT with their SH-AWD "Sport" Wagon...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Instructor

From the new 2011 TSX wagon press release:

To enhance the driving experience, the TSX Sport Wagon features the latest in advanced technologies including an available hard disk drive-based Acura Navigation System™ with an all-new 8-inch full VGA high-resolution color display and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather™ featuring radar image mapping. For the audiophile, the TSX Sport Wagon will be available with an Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Audio System and a hard disk drive (HDD) for media storage. Additionally, the TSX Sport Wagon is equipped with an impressive list of standard features, including a power glass moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather seats, a premium sound system, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, and USB port and AUX jack music interface. Like all Acura vehicles, the TSX Sport Wagon will come with a comprehensive list of standard safety features, including Acura’s acclaimed Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure.

Don't see how the new HDD nav can only be on the wagon. I'd say the change to the better nave with HDD is confirmed.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by tcwatkins
Don't see how the new HDD nav can only be on the wagon. I'd say the change to the better nave with HDD is confirmed.
I agree 100% If one gets it, they all get it.

These changes do not necessarily mean it's MMC. The navi upgrades were planned for a while now, my guess that the delay was caused the the slowdown in sales in late 2008-2009. (they probably didn't fulfill the commitment to buy all the 'old' navi systems cause they didn't make as many cars as they planned) I still think that MMC will debut in CY 2011 FOR MY 2012 models.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:33 PM
CEO of IMHO

This is GREAT news for someone who has been putting off his purchase for a year in the hopes that this would happen!

It also confirms that the sales guy (see first post in this thread) was not lying to me (or confused)!

Lastly, it looks like they modified the beak a bit... I presume that will also roll through the line-up (hopefully). It looks a bit less aggressive (bad), but less beak-ish (good).

Other thoughts? Any other info we can garner?

What size HD comes with Acuras? Does the new NAVI system have bluetooth caller ID (name, not just #)?

Originally Posted by tcwatkins
From the new 2011 TSX wagon press release:

To enhance the driving experience, the TSX Sport Wagon features the latest in advanced technologies including an available hard disk drive-based Acura Navigation System™ with an all-new 8-inch full VGA high-resolution color display and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather™ featuring radar image mapping. For the audiophile, the TSX Sport Wagon will be available with an Acura/ELS Surround® Premium Audio System and a hard disk drive (HDD) for media storage. Additionally, the TSX Sport Wagon is equipped with an impressive list of standard features, including a power glass moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather seats, a premium sound system, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, and USB port and AUX jack music interface. Like all Acura vehicles, the TSX Sport Wagon will come with a comprehensive list of standard safety features, including Acura’s acclaimed Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure.

Quick Reply: 2011 TSX ** Details/Pics (page 8)**