09 TSX or Boat on Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 TSX or Boat on Wheels?

I drove the 09 tsx today...

The chick tryin to sell me the car in the passenger seat was the only thing hot about test drive. I looked and it the sway bars look the same size as the previous gen TSX. On the road the car handles like crap. I literally feel like I'm driving a Buick or something. Unless they beef up those sways and the springs, I will never buy this car. Also, the clutch in the 6spd I drove was so soft it was terrible. The steering was light and feathery.

They took ALL of the sport out of this car. It's a shame.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Old 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jeneah

The chick tryin to sell me the car in the passenger seat was the only thing hot about test drive. I looked and it the sway bars look the same size as the previous gen TSX. On the road the car handles like crap. I literally feel like I'm driving a Buick or something. Unless they beef up those sways and the springs, I will never buy this car. Also, the clutch in the 6spd I drove was so soft it was terrible. The steering was light and feathery.

handles like crap? really? I thought it cornered flatter and handled better than the 08. I understand your car is slightly modded, so maybe you're comparing stock vs your modded TSX.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:02 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down

Haha , your telling me, I saw a SATURN sedan coming up a hill while I was jogging and it was a 09 TSX (seriously). I guess SATURN and ACURA are involved a corporate strategic partnership?

lol j/k
Old 05-10-2008, 05:12 PM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the OP to an extent.

roll your eyes or whatever all you want.
the new TSX simply isn't the same kind of car, just admit it.

it's much more like a boat now. Or rather, it's almost exactly like an Accord.

oh yeah, it even has the Accord's interior.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 PM
CGP Ebony

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
I agree with the OP to an extent.

roll your eyes or whatever all you want.
the new TSX simply isn't the same kind of car, just admit it.

it's much more like a boat now. Or rather, it's almost exactly like an Accord.

oh yeah, it even has the Accord's interior.

Yeah, this was the grill I thought I saw coming up the hill but was the 09 TSX's grill. It was some older lady driving the 09 TSX. Congrats for her at least on a new car.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Suzuka Master

I roll my eyes because the irony is not lost on me. The the OP, MMsTSX, Xenonhid, all proclaim the new car has lost something that they loved in the old car (you fill in the item), yet they have all modded their original TSXs! Thus implying (to me at least) that the original car was not up to snuff either.

I've said it many times already and fully agree that the new car "simply isn't the same kind of car" but stock for stock it will probably out-handle the old car on a track.

But, hey, it's all good, to each his own.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colin
I roll my eyes because the irony is not lost on me. The the OP, MMsTSX, Xenonhid, all proclaim the new car has lost something that they loved in the old car (you fill in the item), yet they have all modded their original TSXs! Thus implying (to me at least) that the original car was not up to snuff either.

I've said it many times already and fully agree that the new car "simply isn't the same kind of car" but stock for stock it will probably out-handle the old car on a track.

^That is definitely not the way to look at mods.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
Sorry but thats how I view it. If I modded my S2000 it was for a specific reason to make it go faster in autocross. I wouldn't spend money on something that didn't need improving.

I'm driving a stock 2008 right now and the 2009 is superior in every respect except for the overboosted steering. However, if given a choice, I'd take this over the slower ratio of the 2008 any day because I know I'll get used to the feel of the steering, but there is no way to make the steering ratio faster in the old car.

Oh and BTW, the front and rear sway bars are larger for the 2009 than in 2008.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Racer

I didn't mod my '04 TSX -- and I bought a new '08 TSX a couple of weeks ago (car now has 300 miles) while there were '09's all around me. And, I paid full MSRP. The salesman didn't know it, but he probably could have gotten even more money out of me.

I may be proven wrong, but I think the first gen TSX will become a classic; sort of like the Integra. I bought a 1966 Pontiac GTO for $3,300 and later sold it for $7,700. I might do something similar with my '08 TSX. I love it when cars appreciate.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:23 PM
JDM Addict

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
no kidding.

Colin, you just don't get it.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 PM
CGP Ebony

no kidding.

Oh give him a break, he has to sell those things. We still love you Colin.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

no kidding.

You're right I don't get it, but the argument still stands. Like chibianh said, how can someone with a modded suspension pass judgment on a stock car?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Advanced

You're right I don't get it, but the argument still stands. Like chibianh said, how can someone with a modded suspension pass judgment on a stock car?

As if that somehow negates the fact that it has the same size sway bars and is at least 200-300 lb heavier. The facts alone tell you that this car can't take a stock 08 on a track. I remember what my 04 felt like before mods. Doesn't matter because this car has sold out...bottom line
Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

.... same size sway bars and is at least 200-300 lb heavier.....The facts alone tell you that this car can't take a stock 08 on a track.
You sure like to play it loose with the facts.

2008 TSX front bar: 25.4 mm (4.5 mm wall thickness)
2009 TSX front bar: 26.5 mm (5.3 mm wall thickness)

2008 TSX rear bar: 15 mm solid
2009 TSX rear bar: 17 mm solid

2008 MT Curb Weight (non navi): 3257 lbs.
2009 MT Curb Weight (non navi): 3419 lbs.

Difference 162 lbs. Sorry, these are the facts.

(BTW, when I say track, I mean a real track, not drag racing, if you meant 1/4 mile all bets are off cause I think it would be too close to call)
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Advanced

You sure like to play it loose with the facts.

2008 TSX front bar: 25.4 mm (4.5 mm wall thickness)
2009 TSX front bar: 26.5 mm (5.3 mm wall thickness)

2008 TSX rear bar: 15 mm solid
2009 TSX rear bar: 17 mm solid

2008 MT Curb Weight (non navi): 3257 lbs.
2009 MT Curb Weight (non navi): 3419 lbs.

Difference 162 lbs. Sorry, these are the facts.

(BTW, when I say track, I mean a real track, not drag racing, if you meant 1/4 mile all bets are off cause I think it would be too close to call)
Damn...too bad I didn't have my caliper with me at the dealership. I was eyeballing the sway bar diameters, so my bad if I didn't get it exact. Also, it's still a heavier car so what's your point? Did you design it? Did you build it? Why are you taking such offense to me trashing this car? Get a life dude.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM
TSX Lover

Damn...too bad I didn't have my caliper with me at the dealership. I was eyeballing the sway bar diameters, so my bad if I didn't get it exact. Also, it's still a heavier car so what's your point? Did you design it? Did you build it? Why are you taking such offense to me trashing this car? Get a life dude.
We have been hearing the same old Sh*t for weeks from previous TSX owners. These kinds of comments are really getting old. For one thing there is no excuse on not getting your facts strait when it comes to the specs of the car. You have a right to you opinion on how it drives, but please get your facts strait.

I have test driven the 09 many times and it does have a different personally than my stock 04 TSX 6MT. It is quicker than my 04 (barely), a firmer ride, handles better, is more quiet, shifts better (no 1st to 2nd problem), etc.

It does have a lighter clutch (which some don't like) and the steering is something I will have to adjust to. I only had a problem cruising along at highway speeds. You do have to pay attention in terms of lane-minding. As for curvy roads, the 09 6MT handles even better than my 04 6MT. Of course all of this IMO.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 PM
TSX Lover

PS - Nice CG TSX jenah in your avatar, or is that blue?? I have a CG TSX as well. I will be ordering in Polished Metal 6MT 09/tech in the next few days.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 PM
G2 TSX

Why are you being so sensitive? Colin already stated, "But, hey, it's all good, to each his own." You don't like the car...that's your opinion. The facts have been presented. I did test drive the car the first day it appeared on the lot and did notice the thicker front strut tower brace, plus it did handle better.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by prballard
PS - Nice CG TSX jenah in your avatar, or is that blue?? I have a CG TSX as well. I will be ordering in Polished Metal 6MT 09/tech in the next few days.
It's grey. I liked the Maroonish color on the 09's...looks great

As far as getting my facts right....my bad. I feel that a couple mms on a sway are no difference. I did not know the exact specs; just eyeballed it at the dealership and it looked the same. This doesn't negate the fact that IMHO, I thought the car handled like a Buick. Granted, I am used to my slightly modded suspension but that doesn't mean that I still didn't expect more out of a brand new car. I didn't even take the car on a good twisty road...just around town and I thought it wallowed through turns. Maybe I'm spoiled with mine...I don't know. When I drive a car I look for a good sporty suspension and I just felt like this didn't have what I would be looking for in my next car.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Suzuka Master

As far as getting my facts right....my bad.
No worries. If you know me, I'm not the type to engage in flame wars. This site is a place where folks come to express their opinion but also to do research. I wouldn't want someone to come here and mistake your opinion as fact and this is the reason for the correction.

Now whether I agree with your opinion....... that's a whole new can of worms LOL
Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Racer

colin....I agree with you. I have a stock 2006 and in MY opinion, the 2009 is an improvement on the previous generation. I agree with you that the steering is a bit soft but my 2006 is too stiff. Several people have come around and admitted that the TSX has grown on them and are coming around to accepting that its an improvement. Just like some people find reasons to justif their purchases, I think some find reasons to justify their remorse for having bought a departing generations and can't get the new one right away.

Again..MY..opinions...
Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 09TSX
I think some find reasons to justify their remorse for having bought a departing generations and can't get the new one right away.
[de niro] Hey! You talkin' to me, cause you look like you're talkin' to me...[/de Niro]. The only remorse I have is that I'm not doing a good job of pawning off our brand new 2008 on my wife. She hates the car, the clutch, and the steering. She wants another S2000 (her third in a row) or a 2009 6-MT Tech. So much for my grand scheme....
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Racer

*laughing* I know you like to sell your 08...and I know you love the 2009. I am not refering to you at all, in fact, you are a great source of credible info on the TSX...your site/videos are very helpful!! Keep it up
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
TSX

ibtl

Old 05-11-2008, 08:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Holloman
and I bought a new '08 TSX a couple of weeks ago (car now has 300 miles) while there were '09's all around me. And, I paid full MSRP.

Am I understanding this right? You paid MSRP for an 08? Why?

I have to test drive an 09....
Old 05-11-2008, 09:16 AM
JDM Addict

because they're hard to get.

see what you want.... buy it while you can.
I paid $32,000 OTD for my '08 and have no shame about it at all.

you know what would be best?
if the 2nd gen TSX had it's own site.

the first and second gen TSX's are no where near the same.
I highly doubt any person at all, dealer or no, will argue with this.

the first gen people, for the most part, don't like the second gen.

I doubt this love/hate thing will ever go away.
the more I look at the '09, the more I don't like it. the more it looks bad to me.
and there's dozens of folks here, on this site, that completely agree with me.

as long as the first and second gen sites/forums are one in the same, this
problem will continue, until the first gens are all crushed that is.

but then again.... honestly... I don't see the second gen TSX as a car capable of
handling it's own forum. it's just not that "cult classic" kind of car.

and it's not a tuner car, no way, no how. let's see you slap a new header on
it, or work with the new manifold, or ... etc.

we'll all have our opinions, and on this car they're strong... so it will continue...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dom
Am I understanding this right? You paid MSRP for an 08? Why?

I have to test drive an 09....
I wanted a PWP without Nav. An internet search found neither a new, nor used, PWP without Nav within 600 miles. The car that I purchased wasn't even listed in the online "new car" inventory at the dealer.

I also received a good trade-in value for my '04.

The first gen is a near perfect match for my needs, my driving style, and the mountain roads in the area. It is more sure footed, and confidence inspiring, than the '09.

What I found hard to except on the '09 (even without driving one):

1) The loss of the Sport-Shift in the Center Console.
2) The gain of an additional 162 lbs.
3) A smaller trunk (sometimes I have to push the trunk lid closed on my '04 when we go on trips).
4) Additional weight without a more powerful engine.
5) Larger tires. I already have snow tires and extra wheels for the first gen.
6) That thing on the front; "the element". Aesthetics aside, that thing ought to make the new model very radar and laser friendly. Just adding a front license plate can increase the return, or reflection, on most cars around 400 percent. In NC, we do not use front license plates (thank goodness).
7) The new creases in the bodywork. It makes the car look bolder and more aggressive, but the car really isn't -- at least not yet. I prefer a car that is more stealthy; one that says "I can run but I don't look like a car that was built for speed".
8) The fact that nearly every review I read had some some negative comment about the car. Nearly all of them were subtle in an effort not to offend Honda. For example, "[This car comes up] a few beens short of a burrito" (Not intended to be an EXACT quote). Some of the authors that were not so subtle ended up revising their "first impressions" in a later release; in ever case with a more favorable impression. I wonder why? No, I really don't wonder why -- I think I know why.

After I drove an '09, I knew that I had made the right decision. I would have much rather paid MSRP for an '08 than for an '09.

The above represents the basis upon which I made my decision. The important point is that the 2nd gen is called a TSX, but it is a different car with a different personality. I have never driven a TL, but I view the 2nd gen TSX as more TL Junior than TSX. Many people will drive the new TSX and fall in love with it; especially those that want a car that drives, and handles, more like a Buick than the 1st gen TSX.

I fell in love with the '04 TSX the first time I drove it. And, I am still in love with the first gen TSX. But, I am the type that doesn't like to change cars, nor wives, very often.

For an idea of the roads in the area, see:
Warning to Bikers and Cops on the Dragon at Deals Gap:
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/wa...gap/3384450869

I plan to make my own video one of these days.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:17 PM
TSX Lover

I didn't even take the car on a good twisty road...just around town and I thought it wallowed through turns. Maybe I'm spoiled with mine...I don't know. When I drive a car I look for a good sporty suspension and I just felt like this didn't have what I would be looking for in my next car.
Please take an 09 TSX 6MT on another test drive. I wasn't feeling it unitl I took on it twisty roads. Here is a quote from my original review on 4/23

Originally Posted by prballard
The steering feedback on the twisty road was wonderful. After some of the reviews I was worried, but I felt even more connected to the road than my TSX. The 09 has a stiff, and very firm ride. Not has harsh as my TSX, but it is a driver’s car. The only thing I can bad thing I can say about how the car, is when we got back on a longer stretch of the Interstate I really needed to pay attention to my driving. The electric steering behaves super when you are at low speed or when you are pushing the car. Strangely the steering seems a little touchy at Interstate speeds. Not like an early 80’s GM, but just slightly.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Holloman
I didn't mod my '04 TSX -- andI bought a new '08 TSX a couple of weeks ago (car now has 300 miles) while there were '09's all around me. And, I paid full MSRP. The salesman didn't know it, but he probably could have gotten even more money out of me.

I may be proven wrong, but I think the first gen TSX will become a classic; sort of like the Integra. I bought a 1966 Pontiac GTO for $3,300 and later sold it for $7,700. I might do something similar with my '08 TSX. I love it when cars appreciate.

Oh man you TSX owners are kinda funny. You traded in your 04 for an 08 and paid sticker? WHY?! Its the same damn car.

I also have no idea how you guys are saying the new TSX feels like a buick. It feels the same as the 1st gen TSX to me. Thats an unbiased opinion btw.

At you guys thinking the 1st gen TSX is some classic sports car.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Oops sorry, didnt know he was 63 years old. My dad is the same age and even thinks his 02 RL is a Ferrari.

My bad.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Cruisin'

As if that somehow negates the fact that it has the same size sway bars and is at least 200-300 lb heavier. The facts alone tell you that this car can't take a stock 08 on a track. I remember what my 04 felt like before mods. Doesn't matter because this car has sold out...bottom line
Soooo, you drove a new, more than likely non-broken in car on what sounds like, fairly straight roads, probably in the city somewhere and more than likely with the "chick" in the passenger seat, yapping about why you should buy the car, probably doing no more than 35 miles per hour and/or 70mph if you were able to get it on the highway for somewhere between 10-20 minutes, maybe 30 if you were on a lunch break, and you came to this conclusion?

Even if the "details" aren't correct, I'm glad all of this made sense to somebody...
Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Race Director

I've test driven the 09 TSX and it has better interior materials than my 04 TSX. I'm not a fan of the dial interface for the navi though, I love my touchscreen navi in the 04.

The leather seats feel better and the speedometer are well let's say in the right position this time around than the old TSX. I love my old TSX still right now, but I don't think the 09 is that bad.

I'm used to the bigger 2nd gen TSX because I used to have the 6th gen Accord sedan (98-02) and that was about the same size as the 09 TSX. The 1st gen TSX size reminds me of the 5th gen Accord (94-97). I'm glad they made the rear seat a little bigger in the 09 TSX because my friends complained the rear seat wasn't that spacious in my TSX.

The only thing that bugs me is that since it's wider than the old TSX, even when you park the new one on an end spot it might be more suspectible to dings and dents since it's wider.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
:...At you guys thinking the 1st gen TSX is some classic sports car.
It takes time to become a classic. So, only time will tell.

I saw a 1966 Dodge Charger on the road today. It's a classic.

Has the Honda Prelude become a classic? I don't know -- but I suspect there are some people that believe so. I know that there are many that regretted selling their 'lude.

There are four things for sure; 1) Only items that are in limited supply can become classics -- like the 2nd gen Coke-Cola (the 1st gen was the formula that had the coke). 2) They will not be making anymore 1st gen TSX's -- unless Acura pulls a Coke-Cola. 3) The 1st gen TSX has created a near cult following. 4) It is good that Acura stopped making the 1st gen. I was beginning to see too many of them on the road.

So, it certainly has the potential to become a classic. But, only time will time.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not sure I would take it that far.....
Old 05-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Racer

This debate could go on for a long time, but I believe that it has already served its purpose, And, I believe that further comparisons would likely be more harmful than beneficial.

In summary, I believe that the following statements are true:

1) The 2nd gen TSX is a different car, with a different personality, than the 1st gen TSX.
2) The 2nd gen TSX was designed to appeal to a larger audience than the 1st gen TSX.
3) The 2nd gen was designed to give Honda flexibility with power plants and drive trains (it is not feasible to put anything other then the standard I-4 in the 1st gen).
4) It is likely that we will see both a turbo diesel powered TSX and a VS.-6 powered TSX.
5) There is some possibility that we might see SH-AWD in the TSX.
6) Most of those that have a 1st gen TSX are very happy with their TSX.
7) Some of those that have a 1st gen TSX are disappointed that there is not an upgrade path that retrains the flavor, and personality, of the 1st gen.
8) Most of those that purchase a 2nd gen TSX will be very happy with their TSX.
9) For many, the 2nd gen is a more practical car because of the larger interior and the softer ride.

So, it comes down to "different strokes for different folks". The TSX is like the tail of a dog -- with the body being in Europe. The world market, and primarily the European market, determines the basic design of the TSX. The American market gets little input. We accept the car that was designed basically for others when we buy a TSX. Now, if we buy other Acura products we are buying products, that to the best of my knowledge, were designed with the American market being the primary target market.

Feel free to correct me if I made any misstatements.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
JDM Addict

Originally Posted by Mokos23
I've test driven the 09 TSX and it has better interior materials than my 04 TSX. I'm not a fan of the dial interface for the navi though, I love my touchscreen navi in the 04.

The leather seats feel better and the speedometer are well let's say in the right position this time around than the old TSX. I love my old TSX still right now, but I don't think the 09 is that bad.

I'm used to the bigger 2nd gen TSX because I used to have the 6th gen Accord sedan (98-02) and that was about the same size as the 09 TSX. The 1st gen TSX size reminds me of the 5th gen Accord (94-97). I'm glad they made the rear seat a little bigger in the 09 TSX because my friends complained the rear seat wasn't that spacious in my TSX.

The only thing that bugs me is that since it's wider than the old TSX, even when you park the new one on an end spot it might be more suspectible to dings and dents since it's wider.
strange, both myself and many other completely disagree with you.

most of us will agree the materials in the interior on the '09 are inferior.
look at the door handles, the e-brake, the dash "metal," the shifter, the ...
we all tend to agree the new version has a cheapened interior.
they took the new interior directly from the Accord, and it shows in quality.
some like the new design better, but the materials are not up to par, that's obvious.

I've yet to hear anyone claim the backseat is any bigger at all. Sure, the car is
bigger, but there isn't any more legroom in the back, and the seats aren't any
nicer at all. I don't see where any room is gained here.

okay, before any gets uppidy about this, here's the facts on the rear seat:

2004-2008 Rear Seat Dimensions:

Head: 37.3 in.
Leg: 34.2 in.
Hip: 54.4 in.
Shoulder: 53.5 in.

2009 Rear Seat Dimensions:

Head: 37 in.
Leg: 34.3 in.
Hip: 54.2 in.
Shoulder: 56.1 in.

so...

if you call a bit more shoulder room a bigger backseat, then more power to you.
but you're not gaining any head room, losing some actually.
you're gaining a whole .1 in. in leg room, which can't even be noticed....
just because the car is fatter, it doesn't mean the backseat is bigger, it's not.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Advanced

strange, both myself and many other completely disagree with you.

most of us will agree the materials in the interior on the '09 are inferior.
look at the door handles, the e-brake, the dash "metal," the shifter, the ...
we all tend to agree the new version has a cheapened interior.
they took the new interior directly from the Accord, and it shows in quality.
some like the new design better, but the materials are not up to par, that's obvious.
I'll definitely have to agree with you on this one. The second I sat in the driver's seat and looked around it just felt cheap to me. Everything that you mentioned as well as the thin layer of plastic that shadows the nav screen. It looks like an afterthought and isn't very well integrated into the rest of the car. The other things that really bugged me were the "polished metal" plastic strips that run down the sides of the center console. They look classy in the TL but very cheap in the '09 TSX, IMO.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Realtime racing

the first gen people, for the most part, don't like the second gen.
Completely agree. They're just aimed at a slightly different type of buyer so a straight comparison is a bit unfair.

and it's not a tuner car, no way, no how. let's see you slap a new header on
it, or work with the new manifold, or ... etc.
So not true. Realtime racing is already working on the 09's that compete in the SCCA Touring Car Series....they're currently topping Mazda and BMW in the manufacturer's championship with a previous gen so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the new package.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 PM
JDM Addict

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
So not true. Realtime racing is already working on the 09's that compete in the SCCA Touring Car Series....they're currently topping Mazda and BMW in the manufacturer's championship with a previous gen so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the new package.
I think you need to take a better look at the 2nd gens engine setup.

think it's the same?? not even close. look again.

you'll see what I'm talking about when you do a bit of research.

----

Originally Posted by ishak540m
...The other things that really bugged me were the "polished metal" plastic strips that run down the sides of the center console. They look classy in the TL but very cheap in the '09 TSX, IMO.

Well, in the TL, they're real metal. THAT's an upgrade in materials from the TSX.

Quick Reply: 09 TSX or Boat on Wheels?