Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
jesus, what have we come to?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajca
I'm sorry but if u have to put spacers in the springs, ur doing something wrong, like putting on the wrong rims

FAIL
If you read correctly it is just for looks onli like i said the front fender flanges and the rear doesnt giving the impression that the back is .5" lower then the front i can ride with out spacers thats why i rolled my fenders... DUH

Originally Posted by friesm2000
repost again rajca, but yeah something is not right if you gotta put spacers in, just so you can fit some wheels

BTW the wheel well in the rear is naturally smaller then the front one from the factory, due to it not having to accommodate wheels turning (steering wise)
i have a decent size system in my trunk so the spacers are for looks not to makes wheels fit so im glad we are past that and im fully aware that the front wheel well is bigger & my rear wheels fit inside the wheel well fine.....when guys lower the acura like the mexicans they roll there fenders for the same reason i did to clear bigger offsets..... i get thumbs up from a variety of people. What floats your boat might sink another just dont be a prick and shoot holes in someone's boat.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I stand by my post made on this thread, specifically this:

"If fitments means to you, 'does it fit', you are probably got the wrong wheels."
Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
but most people who like the lowered look better, do indeed know how to swim though, so i don't see the issue with shooting holes in people's boat
Old 05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
B A N N E D

maybe try this instead, i think the same size wheels but tucked though, ALOT
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/my-car-featured-magazine-775721/
Old 05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Pro

Damn.. no chance of editing poorly spelled posts, eh?

Meant to say,

"If Fitment means to you, 'does it fit', you probably got the wrong wheels."

Why no edit ability? Perfection on the first try, eh?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Advanced

DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO.....Why complain i dont kno? Lowering your car = Less spring travel = not so smooth of a ride = a slight camber = uneven thread wear = $$$Tires$$$ = Roll fender(with certain offsets that would of worked w/stock height) = ground clearance(Pulling into McDonalds nevers seemed so difficult& Speed bumps) that wasnt bashing just proving that any mods you do should be done to your liking not the world so if it floats ur boat do it but dont act like your s**t hot s**t and your setup is the best in the world with no flaws because as u see no setup is uber perfect!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fourthmeal

Meant to say,

i hear you completely but i needed spacers even with stocks with my system in my trunk...but whats the fun in mods if you can make your car a lil diff from the rest people like my car because its diff and i did some mods to get my wheels to fit properly..i mean u never seen the wide body challenger mod on the net s**t is dope and im sure they had plenty "does it fit" moments lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
B A N N E D

Meant to say,

actually you got a 5 minute edit window, but some of it is so that say the OP or people at the beginning of the thread, can't completely change something that is totally irrelevant
Old 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO

i complain'd

woot
Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by illjuan3
DONK DONK FAIL FAIL SMH STUPID GHETTO.....Why complain i dont kno? Lowering your car = Less spring travel = not so smooth of a ride = a slight camber = uneven thread wear = $$$Tires$$$ = Roll fender(with certain offsets that would of worked w/stock height) = ground clearance(Pulling into McDonalds nevers seemed so difficult& Speed bumps) that wasnt bashing just proving that any mods you do should be done to your liking not the world so if it floats ur boat do it but dont act like your s**t hot s**t and your setup is the best in the world with no flaws because as u see no setup is uber perfect!
mine wear completely like stock, even being lowered just gotta align it correctly (with a camber kit and such) afterwards, and btw all my alignment specs are what the factory calls for (except for camber, but i could go stock camber if i wanted to though, just a matter of loosening some bolts, setting it, then re tightening)

and as for that less spring travel, alot of us prefer the handling aspect of it, so less spring travel is better (even then you still got the same amount, just more rebound instead of compression [those are the correct terms btw])
Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Advanced

actually you got a 5 minute edit window, but some of it is so that say the OP or people at the beginning of the thread, can't completely change something that is totally irrelevant
That makes sense, I was actually wondering were it was also i assumed it wasnt an available feature.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Pro

i hear you completely but i needed spacers even with stocks with my system in my trunk...but whats the fun in mods if you can make your car a lil diff from the rest people like my car because its diff and i did some mods to get my wheels to fit properly..i mean u never seen the wide body challenger mod on the net s**t is dope and im sure they had plenty "does it fit" moments lol.

Ahh but I totally have seen the widebody challenger. That's a fitment car, a perfect "hellaflush" setup.

And in fact I've seen a TON of those, Vegas is pretty keen on the idea of flush, no puns necessary.

Just keep this in mind, if your trans is under higher strain... things won't last long.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Advanced

Ahh but I totally have seen the widebody challenger. That's a fitment car, a perfect "hellaflush" setup.

And in fact I've seen a TON of those, Vegas is pretty keen on the idea of flush, no puns necessary.

Just keep this in mind, if your trans is under higher strain... things won't last long.
putting 22's on that car adds an extra maybe 80lbs compared to you guys normal 17-19" setup i actually went to my local acura dealer here in cali. Also, called some wheel shops real ones [sears, les schawb, acura dealership ect.] not a rim shop and everyone basicly said the same thing.

Bearings- the more weight i put inside the car will damage them way quicker as appose beyond the rotor

Trans- The wheels are def heavier but with the weight diff its like riding with an 80+lb passenger at all times which isnt as bad as everyone makes it seem..

i mean its 22" if they are ugly then they are ugly to you but the fact of the matter is that if done correctly they fit on our cars i know this bothers you guys to the deepest of your souls and you can't sleep knowing that you couldn't type a good enough paragrah to make someone feel like its stupid and agree with u that they should get 19's. Simply put its dumb to argue it. Just say your not a fan of it and you perfer another route but i hate guys on here that talk down and associate a life style with a mod. In the end you get nowhere and you get there pretty quick!

Last edited by illjuan3; 05-13-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts

Trans- The wheels are def heavier but with the weight diff its like riding with an 80+lb passenger at all times which isnt as bad as everyone makes it seem..
it is NOT like having 80 lbs in the cab..
they have completely different effects....

that the heavier the wheel, the more torque needed to spin them. The more torque, the more damage on the componets.

ps. people arent losing sleep over the fact that you have a hideous wheel setup.
they are more aggrevated that you take a car that we take pride in and consider a nice car and turn it into a piece of trash like every other oldsmobile and caprice on the road.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 05-13-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM
B A N N E D

and we are talking unsprung, and inertia, and rotational weight here, not like a 80 lb passenger sitting in the seat next to you

like bearings, your rims contact the road further away from the center point, so they have more leverage on the bearings when you turn and such
and lets not forget how your brakes are either, they probably feel like shit, and have trouble stopping the car, from the increased leverage the wheels have again

Originally Posted by Rockstar21

that the heavier the wheel, the more torque needed to spin them. The more torque, the more damage on the componets.

ps. people arent losing sleep over the fact that you have a hideous wheel setup.
they are more aggrevated that you take a car that we take pride in and consider a nice car and turn it into a piece of trash like every other oldsmobile and caprice on the road.
LMFAO
Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rockstar21

i like the wheels in your avatar its clean.. that cool its hideous but my car is very clean not one dent paint in super condition i think besides it sitting high off the ground it still looks better then the caprices i see on the road

and the trans yes im aware its diff by putting that weight to the wheel i noticed a slower take off when i punch it but i can still pass cars on the highway im not a racer tho hence the wheels but even with that being said there isnt enough evidence to prove that it will mess up the tranny now would it cause a tranny that was suppose to die at 250k to die at 200k its a possiblilty but to speak on that tuning your car into a track car getting every performance mod you can and racing at every light isnt helping the tranny none either!!!

the TL is a lux grocery getter just a fast one at that but to call an acura TL a piece of crap i beg to diff i love my tl and i treat it like a baby i can take the wheels off and put my stock 17"s on it about 45mins by myself so whats really the point here again about my "hideous car"! That i havent already explained...ps. i wasnt being funny the black and gold is a dope combo
Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
The Dumb One

the TL is a lux grocery getter just a fast one at that but to call an acura TL a piece of crap i beg to diff i love my tl and i treat it like a baby i can take the wheels off and put my stock 17"s on it about 45mins by myself so whats really the point here again about my "hideous car"! That i havent already explained...ps. i wasnt being funny the black and gold is a dope combo
i never called your car hideous.. i said the wheel setup hideous.

the TL's are great looking cars... what people do to them is a different story.
and by piece of crap, i mean a lesser performing, more problematic car, just like every other car with entirely too oversized wheels.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Advanced

and we are talking unsprung, and inertia, and rotational weight here, not like a 80 lb passenger sitting in the seat next to you

like bearings, your rims contact the road further away from the center point, so they have more leverage on the bearings when you turn and such
and lets not forget how your brakes are either, they probably feel like shit, and have trouble stopping the car, from the increased leverage the wheels have again

that make sence never heard it explained that way but even with that being said a normal driver like myself compared to the horsepower junkies after a days drive on some 18"s speeding and all other thing wear more so then my setup and i have Zinc drill/slotted rotors all around as well as hawks pads it stops fine ask someone else on this forum im sure your bound to find someone whos car stops like shit.

normal driving on hideous wheels-stop light dragsters...im pretty sure the dragster do more damage...we can debate all day y iono but we can
Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Advanced

i give up this is my car... go ahead and make fun of my set up.... call it a piece of shit...hideous....stupid... i dont kno whatever u guys want to call my acura tl
Old 05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
B A N N E D

yes that brake setup does help, but just imagine how they feel, if you where just on the stock wheels alot better (but yes i may indeed be just as hard on my brakes as you idk, but i also stop a whole lot faster though; scrubbing off more speed in the process)

and for more brake issues (not our cars specifically), just look to the 4x4 world where the put ALOT bigger tires on (let alone normal wear and tear is increased

and as far as our trannies being a 250k miles tranny LMFAO, not ours, you get lucky when you get 100K outta of them
and you have already noticed the slower take offs, so not really going to comment there, but just for a little fun, put your stock rims back on, then throw the same amount of additional weight (that the 22's add over the stock setup, into the trunk/passenger seat, wherever you like really, does not really matter where; and see how the car preforms then, more then likely ALOT better then on those 22's (and rides a whole lot better too, from the less unsprung weight, and the bigger sidewalls; if you want to do a little experiment on that also, just add some lead weight to the suspension arms, to increase the unsprung weight and see how it rides then.... [so the tire sidewall's are taking out of the equation])
Old 05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Advanced

cant fight a good arguement you right but like i said everyone makes it seem as if its the worst thing you can do to a tranny is put these wheels on when we both know there are alot of things people do to there cars that they shouldnt be doing to them if your trying to get the full life of your tranny and once im rolling on the 22's i can still get up on it but like you stated the take off is noticeably diff. how about i just take my 22's off and take a picture stock and post here.. i use this forum for help and interior mods but i see that its more of a colt and if your not into the same thing you will be scolded for it. I thought a forum is where there is posting of diff things so diff people can see and learn and experiment with there own taste of course........ In the past i thought highly of this forum but i see its just like all the ones i seen on google searches of like topics or anything hmmm Urban!

Last edited by illjuan3; 05-13-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 PM
B A N N E D

stock wheels

but really that is the only thing people are seeing wrong for your car though, so i would not worry about it too much, and maybe just kinda keep quite about exactly what rims you got on there, and people won't be so "bashing" of you
and this is the internet where you can get very many different opinions after all (or alot of the same ones)

also you said you liked rockstar's rims on his prelude, maybe try to find a set like that or something for your car instead of the 22's
and actually that wheel design of those 22's is not too bad, it's just that they are too large for the TL and such, and need to fit in the wheelwells a little bit better
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Advanced

surprising enought they do fit in the wheel well but i was going to get the 20" of those well and lower the car an 1" on them but did research and measured and went 22" for summer wheels & i actually own a set of 19"s 245/35/19 i put on in the winter all black with a red stripe on the lip

i like all the looks i give the TL but im cool off this site for a while everyone is closed minded but i appreciate the grown up conversation Friesm2000
Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM
B A N N E D

even 20's are very hard to pull off on a TL, but if you had lowered it also, would not have been so bad (3g TL's can pull off bigger rims though), and you also know what i mean by them fitting in the wheel wells ,
but i think if you did some more clearenceing of the wheelwells and lowered the car to get rid of the gap, they would not be too bad either with those 22's (i remember reading this somewhere, but i also have seen this to be true also; if the gap between the wheelwell and tire is bigger then the tire's sidewall, then it kinda looks like a 4x4, but if the gap is smaller though, it looks just fine (even those 19's do look a little like a 4x4, but not so much though)

and i would be rocking those 19's btw if i had a choice between the two sets of rim s you got (minus the stock ones)(but kinda too many colors on there though with the red strip, polished surface, and the black , but would look better on a black car though)(and yes i do see that the red strip matches your calipers too lol)

btw what offset are those 19's??? and the width on them???
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Advanced

19x7.5 +38et
Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
www.grounded4life.org

maybe try this instead, i think the same size wheels but tucked though, ALOT
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775721
Damn bro get the fuck off my DICK!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 PM
The Dumb One

easy guys... lets just let this one die out...

no need for anyone to get upset.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Advanced

close this thread its going no where fast *deja vu*
Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by mikey3.2
Damn bro get the fuck off my DICK!!!!
lol
Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
B A N N E D

anyways the reason why i linked your thread was more about the fact that you are actually tucked and not rolling with the 4x4 look
Old 05-13-2010, 09:52 PM
B A N N E D

19x7.5 +38et
probably sits quite flush
Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Pro

I've often wondered if those Hotwheels cars that came out in the mid 90's with the hugely exaggerated wheels would have any effect later in life, and I think this wheel trend proves it.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
www.grounded4life.org

anyways the reason why i linked your thread was more about the fact that you are actually tucked and not rolling with the 4x4 look
Yea but I also don't have 22s I have 20s. I think 20s and lowered or on air on our TL look good if pulled of right! Rev01 had some 20" staggered work wheels on his TL back in the day and it looked sick!! I'll have to see if I can find pics of it.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by mikey3.2
Yea but I also don't have 22s I have 20s. I think 20s and lowered or on air on our TL look good if pulled of right! Rev01 had some 20" staggered work wheels on his TL back in the day and it looked sick!! I'll have to see if I can find pics of it.
still larger wheels then most people though
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM
www.grounded4life.org

still larger wheels then most people though
Yea I hear ya I guess I nice set of staggered 19s would look just as good as 20s!! Hopefully I can eventually got some nice staggered 19s or 20s to fully make my car VIP!!!

Quick Reply: 22" rims on Type S