VSA Light comes on inconsistantly.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation VSA Light comes on inconsistantly.

Driving back from pittsburgh one day the VSA and and the triangle light with the
'!' in it comes on. Well, I grab the book when I get home and it says turn the car off, let it sit to reset and turn back on... Well that cleared it, but norw the lights come on at random. I took it to the shop and the said they couldn't find any VSA codes. I'm light shit I'm not making this up. There is something wrong with my car! I'm really fustrated and don't know what to do. I'm one of those guys who only take their car to the dealer when something major is wrong with it, but the funniy this is, when I testdrive the car before the lights come one VSA work and traction control works. I've searched and searched and searched and all i'e come up with on the website was someone who's CEL came on with VSA. I don't have a CEL error. So with that said, any ideas?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe its posessed? LOL

Okay seriously, yeah that is strange. I guess I'd try to pull the battery and reset everything. Just make sure you have your radio codes before you do that. Other than that I have no clue what it could be. Maybe the fuse is going out?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Id bring it straight in to teh shop the next time the light is on to let them see its on and hopefully get a code
Old 06-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Advanced

What size rims do you have?
When was the last time you checked your tire pressure?
Is your TL lowered?
When you say it comes on at random do you mean it flashes or it stays on for a minute or two or does come on and stay on until you turn off the car and then restart? that might help troubleshoot.
Your best bet is like fsttyms1 said, take it to the dealer if the light comes on it should definetly show a code if the light is on.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Cruisin'

Exclamation

Originally Posted by JAYCEE
What size rims do you have?
When was the last time you checked your tire pressure?
Is your TL lowered?
When you say it comes on at random do you mean it flashes or it stays on for a minute or two or does come on and stay on until you turn off the car and then restart? that might help troubleshoot.
Your best bet is like fsttyms1 said, take it to the dealer if the light comes on it should definetly show a code if the light is on.
Well I have the stock TYPE-S rims and tires, not lowered. Three of the tires were about 35, 36 PSI, but the rear passenger was 40 and had a tiddy on it. i let some air out to bring it to spec, but I think I need a new pair of rubber on the back. I also took it to autozone and threw a code reader on it, WITH THE LIGHTS ON. No dice, it said no error codes found. Oh yeah, and if I intentionally slide the car the VSA will engage and the ! light will flash. What I'm talking about is a steady VSA light on the left of the dash and a steady ! on the right
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carlito
I also took it to autozone and threw a code reader on it, WITH THE LIGHTS ON. No dice, it said no error codes found. Oh yeah, and if I intentionally slide the car the VSA will engage and the ! light will flash. What I'm talking about is a steady VSA light on the left of the dash and a steady ! on the right
AUTOZONE!!!! Wha??? dealer bro; use the dealer..... The tester autozone uses may not pick up VSA malfunction codes (theyre generic), theyre testers normally register emission codes, If the light comes on again try the dealer this time Im pretty sure theyll be able to figure it out.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Cruisin'

Man, I took it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't find any codes or anything wrong with it. the dealer was the first place I went.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I love my HONDA!

I'm having the same problem. The VSA light and the"!" light come on and stay on until I turn off the car. after I'm driving for a while, they both tur back on. The sad part is, is that I just bought my Type S today. Im so fu&*ing pissed off. I'm going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow, but I bought the car as is. Hopefully they can find something woring with it. I love my new car, and I don't want to get rid of it : (.

If you find out what the problem is, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Advanced

Man, I took it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't find any codes or anything wrong with it. the dealer was the first place I went.
Did you take it in with the light on????
Old 06-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation VSA Light Update....

So I finally was able to take the car to the Dealership with the VSA light on. Well, they said that the codes deemed TCS Control Valve needs to be replaced. Its in front the throttle body on the TYPE-S. Anyway the total was $725 and my warrenty ran out. well I'll just do I myself. I found the part for $424. When I put it in I'll take picks and post a how-to.

Well the story is not over, I drive the car home and noticed my hi-beams were on by the reflection in a truck infront of me. I toggled the hi-beam switch and only the left side comes on and the left side goes out completly. In the normal low-beam positon the left low-beam is on and bowth high beams are on but alot dimmer than normal, like Daytime-Running Lights. Anyway I saw that the fuse is blowen for thr passenger headlight. Change the fuse and turn the light and it immediately blows when I turn the lights on, everytime. I notice that the wire harness wrap is cut open and the ground wire is cut and there is another ground wire spliced to the body of the car. Now all this crapped happened after the dealership visit. But I don't have a definative answer but It could have been before I purchased the car.

Anyway I disconnect the headlamp harness and when I turn the light on the fuse doesn't blow. so I'm thinking this wire is faulty. Sigh..................

Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation VSA light to headlights going out. Not a good day....

So I finally was able to take the car to the Dealership with the VSA light on. Well, they said that the codes deemed TCS Control Valve needs to be replaced. Its in front the throttle body on the TYPE-S. Anyway the total was $725 and my warrenty ran out. well I'll just do I myself. I found the part for $424. When I put it in I'll take picks and post a how-to.

Well the story is not over, I drive the car home and noticed my hi-beams were on by the reflection in a truck infront of me. I toggled the hi-beam switch and only the left side comes on and the left side goes out completly. In the normal low-beam positon the left low-beam is on and bowth high beams are on but alot dimmer than normal, like Daytime-Running Lights. Anyway I saw that the fuse is blowen for thr passenger headlight. Change the fuse and turn the light and it immediately blows when I turn the lights on, everytime. I notice that the wire harness wrap is cut open and the ground wire is cut and there is another ground wire spliced to the body of the car. Now all this crapped happened after the dealership visit. But I don't have a definative answer but It could have been before I purchased the car.

Anyway I disconnect the headlamp harness and when I turn the light on the fuse doesn't blow. so I'm thinking this wire is faulty. Sigh..................

Any ideas?
Well I respliced the ground wire back to the main harness and no dice, Blows a fuse again. Well I'm gonna assume that its either the igniter or the balast that has gone bad. Sigh, again.............
Old 06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Advanced

That sucks dude, you might have to replace the harness some time splicing into
it to repair just doesnt do it. Im not sure though
Old 07-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Cruisin'

Lightbulb

Well good news the harness is still good, I have no idea why whoever did it cut the wire, anyhow it ended up being the ballast and the bulb is good. So now all I have to order is a ballast and the TCS control valve. But as I was in there the front energy absorber was MISSING?!? Don't even ask, so I'll order that stuff and we'll be good.

The seal on top of the ballast was missing and the cover of the headlight was warped and half on. so I assume water got in there.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Instructor

Did your check engine light come on to? I was on the way home Saturday, 200 miles from home when all three came on for me - check engine, VSA, and the triangle. I stopped for gas, and when I restarted, only the check engine was on. I got back on the highway, set the cruise, and the vsa and triangle came on again. After shutting the car off when I got home, those two lights have stayed off. I reset the check engine with a generic OBD-II tester at work, so we'll see what happens from here. The code that came up was P-0740