Electrical connector on Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Electrical connector on Blower Motor

About a month ago I experienced an intermittant failure of my heater blower motor on a 2001 TL. I posted on this forum, but didn't get much of a response. I ended up ordering a Helm's service manual to aid me in diagnosing the problem. It turned out to be the wiring harness connector to the blower motor. One of the two connections got hot enough to melt the plastic inside the connector. I inquired to Acura to see if I could purchase a new connector and they are not available. You have to buy the whole harness, which is probably more work to replace than replacing just the connector - not to mention the cost of the harness. The connector used by Acura is not compatible with standard US blade connectors. The blades in the Acura are a little wider than the standard US .25 inch. Anybody got any ideas about where I can get a female connector that will fit the male blade on the blower motor???
Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Repaired?

Hello,

I saw your posting on August and then in September. Did you finally resolve your problem? I have an '02 which may be experiencing the same problem. When the A/C - Heater is turned on, nothing is happening, and definately no air is moving! I have checked the fuses - all good. I don't know if I should (and therefore how) to check any of the relay's that are in the fuse box by the firewall. How can I test the motor itself for power? I also do not have any diagnostic manuals.

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:03 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
try a junkyard, i believe the connectors are fairly universal to the honda accord/civic family. or try acuraautomotiveparts.org. you may find it cheap there. or try ebay. always a good resource.

SSTS
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
10th Gear

Hi - You can test whether you are getting power to the motor by disconnecting the connector at the motor and then after turning up the blower motor control, test the connector on the harness to see if you are receiving power there. In my case I was receiving power through the harness at the connector, but one of the contacts on the connector was ruined so the motor was not getting power. I tried to buy a connector from Acura, but they only sell the whole wire harness, so I went on the net and found a used blower motor with part of the harness and the connector. I salvaged the connector from the piece of wiring harness that I got with the motor and then was able to cut off the existing piece of harness with the connector on it and replace it with the one I bought.
I still have the used blower motor, which I did not need, if someone needs one. Let me know if I can be of any help and let me know how you make out on your problem. I traded my '01 Acura in so I don't have it anymore. I have a like new shop manual that I would be willing to sell to anyone needing one. You can reach me at jdeblack@yahoo.com
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

Originally Posted by doublejack
Hi - You can test whether you are getting power to the motor by disconnecting the connector at the motor and then after turning up the blower motor control, test the connector on the harness to see if you are receiving power there. In my case I was receiving power through the harness at the connector, but one of the contacts on the connector was ruined so the motor was not getting power. I tried to buy a connector from Acura, but they only sell the whole wire harness, so I went on the net and found a used blower motor with part of the harness and the connector. I salvaged the connector from the piece of wiring harness that I got with the motor and then was able to cut off the existing piece of harness with the connector on it and replace it with the one I bought.
I still have the used blower motor, which I did not need, if someone needs one. Let me know if I can be of any help and let me know how you make out on your problem. I traded my '01 Acura in so I don't have it anymore. I have a like new shop manual that I would be willing to sell to anyone needing one. You can reach me at jdeblack@yahoo.com
thanks fro the info i think thats whats wrong with my car too