Can't remove the Comptech Icebox Lid

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't remove the Comptech Icebox Lid

As in the title, I can't remove the damn thing. From what I can tell, the bolt between the box and the headlight is turning, but the piece that it connects into is turning along with it. Anyone know of a way to remove the lid without cutting the bolt or removing a section of the lid itself?

I am trying to remove it because I just Sea Foamed my car and a LOT of the stuff ran out through the throttle body and through the filter, ending up on the ground. Runs better now with o sticky gas pedal, but paranoid with so much sea foam going through the filter.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I have the same issue after I left the car for dealer to swap the tranny. I did not realize at the time until I was changing my oil (I service my air filter at the same time) and I can't remove the bolt. I ended up has to destroy it by prying the box out with the bolt and screw in it. You would see a cavity on the box. I replace the both with a regular sharp point screw which I could screw directly to the box. I already have two broken ones and so far, they are holding the cover without any issue.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by randomthought
As in the title, I can't remove the damn thing. From what I can tell, the bolt between the box and the headlight is turning, but the piece that it connects into is turning along with it. Anyone know of a way to remove the lid without cutting the bolt or removing a section of the lid itself?

I am trying to remove it because I just Sea Foamed my car and a LOT of the stuff ran out through the throttle body and through the filter, ending up on the ground. Runs better now with o sticky gas pedal, but paranoid with so much sea foam going through the filter.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I pretty much thought that I would have to do this. I didn't want to take apart my bumper and head light to get to it, but it seems that destroying the bolt is my only option. Thanks for the help.