it might be because the windows are down
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any before pics III?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
Yo thanks for those pics, you saved the thread!!!! TOLD YOU AMBER FTW!!!!
your idea of amber is a little different than what that accord has going on...

oem/jdm amber is good stuff...spray painted amber is pepboy's special.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really dont understand this VIP thing. Why try to make an acura/honda vip? Their nice cars, just vip cars. If you VIP buy an s-class, 7 series, rolls, bently, something, nothing about an acura really screams VIP when pulling up to a club, no matter how much money is put into it.......its an acura. I love my acura, but i prefer to view it as sports sedan.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM

the only honda i would consider building as a VIP car, would be an RL Type-SH

fwd is just not worthy of vip status.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Drifting

this thread has gotten good, lol... seriously none of you know what vip/ vip style is.. The only honda that is half way accepted in VIP is the ka9 RL..
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Drifting

Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM

i still think the newer sh RL's would be a better "vip" car to build on.

that rl looks clean...but its still faking the funk, staggered wheels on a FWD car is lame. especially when trying to look rwd.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
^ old school vip.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by grip

HAHA, true, true. but lets not ruin this thread grip.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rajca
HAHA, true, true. but lets not ruin this thread grip.
it wont happen, i stated my point, and have moved on.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0

Wow those are nice shots of that RL. That tlsnavi guy is good. lol

that rl looks clean...but its still faking the funk, staggered wheels on a FWD car is lame. especially when trying to look rwd.
This version RL is the only one even close to VIP.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
this thread has gotten good, lol... seriously none of you know what vip/ vip style is.. The only honda that is half way accepted in VIP is the ka9 RL..
you forgot about the honda vans

Originally Posted by TlsNavi03

This version RL is the only one even close to VIP.
there is no "close" to VIP. it's like being pregnant, you either are or you arent. If you do not have the right platform then you cannot be VIP, simple as that. Again, the car can however be vip styled or inspired. I'm not saying that RL isnt sick because it is but it's wrong to say that its "close to VIP" when it is really VIP inspried/styled.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Nighthawk Black Pearl

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
+1. Not VIP, but you get the picture.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by klepto

there is no "close" to VIP. it's like being pregnant, you either are or you arent. If you do not have the right platform then you cannot be VIP, simple as that. Again, the car can however be vip styled or inspired. I'm not saying that RL isnt sick because it is but it's wrong to say that its "close to VIP" when it is really VIP inspried/styled.
Trust me, I know the difference between VIP & Styled. Unlike most of the responses to this thread, I know slammed does not = VIP. I have done my homework.

There is alot more to it. As for the KA9, its accepted and considered VIP Styled because its the big body luxurious model offered by honda. Only thing against it is the FWD.

Last edited by TlsNavi03; 12-11-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by . N B P .
+1. Not VIP, but you get the picture.

NEVER.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
Are the old school LEXUS ES's rwd?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Trust me, I know the difference between VIP & Styled. Unlike most of the responses to this thread, I know slammed does not = VIP. I have done my homework.

There is alot more to it. As for the KA9, its accepted and considered VIP Styled because its the big body luxurious model offered by honda. Only thing against it is the FWD.
I never said the RL can't be modded VIP style, I simply mentioned that the RL is not a traditional platform, thus it can only be VIP styled or inspired.

Originally Posted by n1njai
Are the old school LEXUS ES's rwd?
I don't think so and even if they were they are not a traditional platform
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

What are the only cars/models that can truly be considered VIP?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:06 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Typically big bodied, RWD japanese sedans.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
In Japan there is a large variety of luxury sedans available to purchase. VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars. Now, taking these aspects of a VIP Car, you then apply it to cars not accepted as a VIP Car. This in turn created a term I like to define as VIP Style Cars. There is a difference in Japan in regards to a VIP Car and lets say a K-Car or Style Wagon. All those styles bring up similar aspects of VIP Car but what makes a VIP Car “VIP” is the car itself.
Basically for US:

Lexus GS, LS series
Infiniti M, Q series
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Ok.

Helpful post.

Thanks Justin
Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Racer

Basically for US:

Lexus GS, LS series
Infiniti M, Q series
ok, so what about other cars like benz and jags? its not a traditional platform BUT VIP companies do make parts for them like Junction Produce and Auto Couture, just to name a few. ive always wondered about this.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by J-SpecTL
ok, so what about other cars like benz and jags? its not a traditional platform BUT VIP companies do make parts for them like Junction Produce and Auto Couture, just to name a few. ive always wondered about this.
It's just not a traditional platform, but a very popular car to mod VIP style. It's not like companies like JP, k-break, autocoture, wald, etc, only make kits for VIP cars. That's maybe how they started but once they saw that there was a market for the "popular non platforms" why wouldn't they built kits for those cars? They are after all a business and when it comes to business sense it makes none to exclude yourself from what's popular in the market. I love that jag you posted, I see it posted from time to time on VSC.

this article is taken from there, its a good read but about 2 years old.

Back in 2000, when I first got the GS400, it was decided that the car would be a daily driver and I would keep it simple. However, like always that changed when I began to research what other parts were available in Japan and not here in the US. I picked up my first Hyper Rev book for the JZS161 Toyota Aristo, with the intention of finding rims for my GS. However, it wasn't the Blitz or Sard Aristo that caught my eye, it was the Aristos from the companies like Fabulous, Sessions, and of course Junction Produce. There began this obsession for this thing called VIP Style Cars.

VIP Style or VIP car is very simple. Pronounced VIP (like whip) not vee-eye-pee, like how we are used to saying it, but it is pronounced like a word. In Japan there is a large variety of luxury sedans available to purchase. VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars. Now, taking these aspects of a VIP Car, you then apply it to cars not accepted as a VIP Car. This in turn created a term I like to define as VIP Style Cars. There is a difference in Japan in regards to a VIP Car and lets say a K-Car or Style Wagon. All those styles bring up similar aspects of VIP Car but what makes a VIP Car “VIP” is the car itself. Taking the aspects that was started in Japan with the VIP Cars and merging them onto cars that aren't really considered VIP car platforms. You now see K-cars (Vitz, Scion, and other econo-box cars), vans (Oddessy and Previas) and many other vehicles (G35, IS300, 300Zs) with a heavy VIP Style influence. That also has trickled into our US market with the Scions xA and xB. European cars can fall within the “definition of a VIP car” but isn't as popular of a platform mainly because of an untold requirement. VIP Car has a sense of pride within the Japanese community on its luxury vehicles. However, I am now seeing shows like the Tokyo Special Import Car Show similar to Tokyo Auto Salon now being invaded by Junction Produce, Fabulous, and Auto Couture. When they build their car, they immense themselves in the culture of VIP Car… Noburi Flags, clothing, and getting EVERY accessory that the company made like lighters, teddy bears, fans, and other things.

Fitment of the wheels has always been the largest, most defining aspect that the US market uses for VIP Cars. This also brings the most controversy as well. The most heated debates on Cars.com came from topics concerning cars and wheel fitments. We had terms like, if it ain't flush, it ain't VIP. I agree that proper fitment is the key to making a VIP Car look good, however my whole take on it… the car determines if it's a VIP car, not the wheel choice. When I had the chance to visit Japan recently, I saw VIP cars that didn't have the extreme wheel lip that we are so used to seeing here. Yes, the offsets were extremely aggressive however; they were still flat-faced wheels with no lip whatsoever. I just don't think it looks right unless the fitment was aggressive in my opinion, which is the reason I'm personally on a quest for new wheels for our GS400.

Next is the suspension, Air suspensions have become the norm. One main reason is the fact that some of these VIP cars come with a factory installed air suspension already. All that needed to be added to control this factory option was an Air controller like one from Data Systems. This gave you the chance to lower and raise your car without changing any suspension parts. This didn't bring the car down as low as we would like it to be, so then we went and looked up companies like Air Runner, Bold World, Universal Air, Canover, and many others. You had a choice of either a canister setup or the sleeve bag on a shock option. That way, you were able to just lay the frame on the car down on the ground and still be able to drive away when its time to go. Trust me, in Japan, their roads and driveways weren't pretty, how they drove these cars around on a daily basis boggles me… Coilovers are still VERY popular for the hardcore, cause they are still able to find the height that they want for driving and show purposes and costs less than half the price of air suspension set-ups. Hydraulic setups are now being touched upon by the likes of Tein to control their coilovers and be able to raise and lower the car from within the cabin. This is only available to wagons and vans from when I last looked into it, but I'm sure now, there might be more applications and companies venturing into this.

Interiors and sound systems of these cars can get very Gotti. Wood grain and screens are the first most obvious mods on the interior. You will see Wood grain trays on these cars. Screens for Navigation and of course, Video viewing is dominant. The sound systems I saw were very elaborate like the ones were see here in CES. One some cars, I saw wood grain all over the trunk to accent the subs that were stuffed in there.

Lastly, the body kits… Companies like Fabulous, Junction Produce, Wald, Veilside, Sessions, Auto Couture, Insurance, and many others offer a variety of styles to choose from. The defining factor is the size of these kits. They are never “puny” but more an elaboration of the factory lines. You can choose from the more milder, cleaner look like from Junction Produce, Admiration and Auto Couture. Then you can choose the aggressive lines like Fabulous, LA club, and Veilside. Then the EXTREME VIP Cars will come out with custom wide bodies and fender flares that will just make you take a double take more than once (even if that's not possible). Taking a cue from the wheels aspect of it, they then take the most widest wheel with the most aggressive offset possible and just bolt those onto the car with no problems.

Where does this all fit into the US market? With companies whose operations are based here are now trying to define the VIP market as Bentleys, Benzes, and other high end Euro cars, it basically leaves out the cars where it all began with for me, The Lexus GS and LS, and the Infiniti M and Q series. Yes, the US automobile market may not have the choice of Japanese luxury cars found in Japan but we make do with what we are provided. However the view of VIP Car or VIP Style Cars is being EXTREMELY skewed in the US and leaves the hardcore VIP Car enthusiast with a sour taste in its mouth. VIP Car starts with the platform first. 350Zs, G35s, Scions, Accords, and other cars are defining the VIP Style Car… VIP Style Cars was mainly a term devised to help define the difference from a VIP Car platform and a car accessorized with VIP styling. This website has room for everyone. I created this site for the reason to give these people a home to learn and educate each other. Whether you own a VIP Car or own a VIP Style Car… Yes, we will have to define our own definition of VIP Style Cars but we can't stray too far from the foundation of it all. There will be those of us who will stick to our VIP Car platforms and those who will decide that their Scion fits the platform as well. Both sides are correct in that matter. What is wrong is to decide that our VIP Car platforms are not acceptable platforms
Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
I pull up at the club V I P, Gas tank on E...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
R2D
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gold2003tl (90)

slammed

The wheels are ugly. And i really don't like the color.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 PM
spaz

Originally Posted by R2D
The wheels are ugly. And i really don't like the color.
and i really dont think you can link pictures from your hard drive...

but welcome to azine!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by tegkid
and i really dont think you can link pictures from your hard drive...

but welcome to azine!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Racer

Doh! if i just read your previous posts on the article, my question wouldve been answered without asking. sorry about that klepto.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
love this thread...
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Drifting

what the stream and the oddy? dont worry bud you dont have to preach to me..
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
what the stream and the oddy? dont worry bud you dont have to preach to me..

Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

u should put up some pix of ur car on here...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this thread needs to
Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 AM
is out, so the

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-photograph-gallery-91/ambiguous626s-rl-501139/

Nice VIP Style, RL SH-AWD.

When going VIP, NBP FTW! Anyways, that RL is one sexy piece.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

my idea is generally different?, hey do me a favor and SUCK A DICK!!!, I only did it outside because I was lazy, I have been doing black housing headlights since 2004.....just because I sprayed it on the outside its a pepboy special? I swear I dont know whether your a dick or pussy.......

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 12-13-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by j-spectl
ok, so what about other cars like benz and jags? Its not a traditional platform but vip companies do make parts for them like junction produce and auto couture, just to name a few. Ive always wondered about this.

sweeeeeeeetttttttttttt
Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Allen-
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501139

Nice VIP Style, RL SH-AWD.

When going VIP, NBP FTW! Anyways, that RL is one sexy piece.
i wouldnt say its vip style at all, yea hes got nice rims but hes definately not slammed and no window visors and such. It doesnt matter though, its my favorite RL on the board
Old 12-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Instructor

Theres'some nice stuff in here, I can't wait till I get my new one.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
my idea is generally different?, hey do me a favor and SUCK A DICK!!!, I swear I dont know whether your a dick or pussy.......

Quick Reply: PIC REQUEST: VIP TLs & VIP mods