On Going Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The owner of the shop is the mechanic and his son, there's a bunch of others, but they're just the workers there. They denied the claim that they damaged the car and aren't responsible for anything... The two @#$!ers were upset that I was demanding and persistant for the car even though it's taken them over 2 weeks to fix.. TWICE. I had to literally come from Rhode Island .. FOR THE 5th time, and I told them I'd sit in their office and wait for the car to be done.. even if the shop closed, I wouldn't move an inch.

On that note.. filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as I'm typing this reply.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Banned

Despite the travesty with the shop, I'm still continuing with the mods... Did the front two calipers, I'll be doing the rear today if I could find a jack that lifts the car high enough. Also, I'm having trouble removing the downpipe, all the bolts are so rusted, I even tried using a blow torch and they're still not budging... any ideas?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Banned

Hey guys, I need help with this, my next door neighbor took a look at my car (used to work with honda/acuras) and pointed out to me these two plugs that were connected to nothing sitting on top of the tranny. Supposedly, this could be the kickback cable; what exactly do they connect to?.. each other? an interface/adapter? Maybe this will solve the harsh/late shifting problem.

Anyone, PLEASE help!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Dropped!

The spring installation is COMPLETE! I love the sportier feel the car has driving down the road. The springs in the back settled already surprisingly.. just waiting for the front lower in place. I provided pics.. have fun! Next mods: Tints, foglights, Paint Job, OEM kit, Rims

Old 07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What shop is this that did such a horrible job on your car? After the first trip and nothing being done, I would of taken my car out of there. Hope you get this fixed at a decent price. By the way does she have a twin sister
Old 07-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CL Platano
What shop is this that did such a horrible job on your car? After the first trip and nothing being done, I would of taken my car out of there. Hope you get this fixed at a decent price. By the way does she have a twin sister
Yeah, I wish I was able to bring it somewhere else, but I was so furious that the tranny died on me that I just had to bring it back there and bitch to them. You know what's even more @#$!ed up?... It feels like it's happening again... started slipping on me on the way home after I picked up a friend up from her job. I don't know what's going on since the check engine light's not on.

And to answer your question.. actually, she does! LOL!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:16 PM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dam Joe. sorry to hear all of the problems you been getting. i sort of feel your pain a girl side swiped my rear bumper last week small damage nothing really major and nothing a sledge hammer could not fix. but she did not have any licence plates since she just moved up here and it was her fault. now im trying to call and shes flaking on me for payment. total roughly from the body shop was $600. but i fixed it already before i put the kit. on. so hang in there man. go egg there shop or something haha. j/k j
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

And yet, more problems revealed.

AHH!! went back to the car again to see what was going on with the tranny...noticed that my windshield was dirty... then realized.. my winshield wiper fluid wasn't spraying into the windshield.. I didn't even hear the pump/motor go at it when the fluid squirts out.. WTF did they do to my car?!?!? )&#^$)@$*@PHRHFPS)HRPSN:H(HF :angryfire ... wow, i'm seriously considering driving this thing into a wall and then personally going to that shop and sniping every one of those f*ckers! &*$!#^)(*&@#%$(#%$%#$
Old 07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Low and Slow

Honestly Joe, that might be a bad idea lol. I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. If the car still has less than 100k on it take it to the dealer and ask them to look at the tranny. I thought mine was acting up and they checked for free. If not and it goes on you, put in a six speed If mine goes after 100k I'm not going to even think about another 5-AT tranny. I'll do everything i can to put a six speed in my car As far as that shop goes, I'd hope that maybe one of your lawyer friends could cut you a break and maybe give you more asistance like take the case for free or at least help out a little more. I don't know what else to say other than I am terribly sorry that this happened to you. Good luck with everything though.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:17 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Originally Posted by joe80055
Hey guys, I need help with this, my next door neighbor took a look at my car (used to work with honda/acuras) and pointed out to me these two plugs that were connected to nothing sitting on top of the tranny. Supposedly, this could be the kickback cable; what exactly do they connect to?.. each other? an interface/adapter? Maybe this will solve the harsh/late shifting problem.

Anyone, PLEASE help!

those are sensors for testing I believe. one is for the ignition I believe and I'm not sure what the second one is for.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Trini Stylinz

dang dude that guy messed up your ride. i say you roll up on his azz like diz

Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

^^ HAHAHHAHAHA, now that shit's crazy.. Now, does that kit come in heather mist? LOL

By the way, I finally completely finished the Neon interior mod... everything either stays on, off, or pulses to music at the flick of a switch

Going to get the tranny checked out tomorrow... I'll update you guys to see what's going on so far.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

This is fucking retarded. You have photos before? You sure have enough after shots. Go spend $45-65 bucks and file against them in small claims court. The sheriff serves them with the lawsuit and you get a court date in the mail. Go get two estimates from Acura dealerships to repair all shown in the after photos. Know your odeometer before you dropped it off @ shop and when you picked it up? Take the two estimates and the photos to the small claims court trial, and bring a family member or two to verify with you the before and after photos. The shop will be hard pressed to deny the damage. The jp judge will either award you 1/2 of your damages or all of them, jp judges usually dont like business that rip people off. You gotto do small claims it is made for non-attorney resolution. They will probobly hire an attorney, you dont need one, and ignore whatever he says, tell him you will just let the jp judge decide, and see if they offer to settle for 1/2 or more of your estimates before trial.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Banned

I was just about to step out the door and do this. The problem is, the only before pictures I have are the ones I gave to the insurance company when I first got the car. I'm not sure if i'm able to still use those even though the car was exactly still in the same excellent condition as in the photos, never changed one bit. Those photos will be almost a year old by mid-august. But both my parents can be witnesses since they were the ones that brought in the car without damages and noticed the significant damages after. It kills me that the job was paid for without my consent since I had an awesome honda shop to go to originally.

Also, since an attorney's not needed and if I were to file against them, this court date, how long would it take to usually be issued one? I'll go ahead and get estimates today, file a claim this coming week (don't have the money to file a claim yet until monday) and then issue a subpoena and the necessay witnesses for reciept of what was serviced since i don't have the reciept on hand. If the estimates reach over $5000 (which it probbaly will), I'll be all over that bitch like icing on a cake.

Thanks for the advice
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

Just got back from A-1 Transmissions in Johnston, RI.... Turns out, the tranny's frying again... The transmission fluid looks my motor oil.. so sad ... Here's what happened: Told the guy my story, showed the damage, he sympathized, didn't charge me for taking a look at the car since I've already pulled money out of my ass, and then, flat out told me that he'd get rid of the transmission if I wanted, and I'd go find a new or used one with very low miles, and he'll go ahead and install the oil jet kit and throw it in there. Labor's only $450 upfront if I decide to go for it.. he doesn't charge by the hour as he claims. So guys, tell me... should I go ahead and head to my friend's dealership to get a new tranny for the A-1 dude to put in? Through my friend, it's only $425 - 600 for it new.

After this, if it ever dies again if I go through with replacing the transmission, i'm just going to get rid of the car all together and part it out completely.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

Dizzam homie...

Damn Joe you just cant catch a break ehh? I feel for you man and hope things work out so you can keep that TL.

Nice eye candy BTW..
Old 07-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by special e. dition
Damn Joe you just cant catch a break ehh? I feel for you man and hope things work out so you can keep that TL.
I'm leaning more towards keeping the car, so far, I've been looking around in Mass and I've found lots of places giving out used trannies for well under $1k. Just waiting for my neighbor to be around to tell him what's up. The good thing is that every tranny i've seen so far has a 2 year warranty, so if there's any failures (mileage doens't matter) they'll easily give me a replacement with the mileage i bought the transmission to begin with... might as well start saving up some money. lol
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

A Preview

Hey guys, since I won't be bringing the rims to the meet.. ( I will put them on when the car's complete), here's a little preview I did while I was doing a few more mods,... the car with only 2 rims on.. what do you think?

Old 07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro

nice could be lower though why not leave them on?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

It could get lower, but then I'd have to worry three things... NorthEastern roads suck hardcore, the damage on the other side of the car rubbing against the tires, and the alignment of the rear wheels. Oh yeah, I forgot, since I'll be getting my tranny replaced soon and the headers installed, i'll have to save up money and be paranoid of the mechanic doing any damage. But in due time, i'll get lower

I have a little problem though, maybe you have the solution to this.. when I was removing the rims to put away for storage, I was down to the very last two lug nuts, they only came half way off the bolt and won't budge at all from there on.. what now?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 PM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

WOW. looks great. ohh how i miss them now. haha. looks good on your ride joe. I was wondering how thoughs wheels would look like on a lighter car. My car was dark so the wheels stood out a lot. but now since its on a lighter shade it blends in and looks more suddle. looks good man.

ohh as for the lug nut. hmm. im not sure bro. i hope you did not cross thread the stud. I hope you can get it off man.

looks good!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Pro

sounds like crossthread. you didnt use the factory lugs to put those wheels on did ytou?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kuni808
ohh as for the lug nut. hmm. im not sure bro. i hope you did not cross thread the stud. I hope you can get it off man.
That's what probably happened. I just decided to keep that wheel on, tighten the nut back and work from there. There could be two possible options: if the wheel gets damaged/scratched, I'll just pay for it to be refinished. If the thread of the stud is no longer good, I'll get a new wheel hub down the road.. they're no more than $50 at the salvage yard I usually go to.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

That looks good man..The only thing missing is the model
Old 07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtlec01
sounds like crossthread. you didnt use the factory lugs to put those wheels on did ytou?
First I tried the recommended lug nuts I got from Jared, the previous owner of the rims, those came on and off wheel easily using my hand but I had no clearance at all to use my impact wrench or the to screw everything tight.. so then I went with the OEM lug nuts, they were a perfect fit, but the last two for some reason all of a sudden just didn't want to come out. I would try two more, to see if i'm doing something wrong but then they would have a difficult time just being put on the studs so I didn't take a chance with those, so I just tightened the two that couldn't come off and put the remaining 3 nuts on there to keep the wheel secure. Do you think this was somewhat of a good move? I'm sure a tire shop would be able to remove the nut for me, but what damages would be involved (if any) if they do so?

That looks good man..The only thing missing is the model
I'll give her a call, she'll be willing to do it just for the hell of it. lol Should I include the twin?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:49 AM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Hey Joe.

The OEM lug nut is probably wedged in there. cause the OEM like i mentied to you is a ball seat not acorn like the aftermarket wheels. Ohh NEVER USE AN IMPACT TO mount wheels!!! they sometimes overtorque the nuts and break studs or strip them. always hand thread to seat and torque wrench lug nuts to 80pds. The OEM lug nuts on aftermarkte acorn style wheels are dangerous. they might come loose since the nut is not properly seated correct. try and see if you can get it out. cause it almost sounds like its crossthreaded. !!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Pro

eeee joe. those are like the worst to things you could do haha. like kuni said the seats are different and NEVER use an impact wrench to mount wheels. good luck with it, if you crossthreaded you may need a new hub so hopefully you didnt
Old 07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

Taking it to a tire shop today, hopefully these can come off... I hate myself.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Open Bar Dude

rims are looking good.....the oem kit will look even better..haha
Old 07-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carson89X
rims are looking good.....the oem kit will look even better..haha
I'm working it! lol

Hey Jared, I think you're right, looks like it's wedged in there... I really have to stop listening to mechanics, they're the ones that suggested the use of an impact wrench.. i'm serious!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Banned

Okay, the wheel hub/bearing, is it under #2 along with the studs being #21?.. If so, called up pepboys and autozone... it's only $28.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joe80055
Okay, the wheel hub/bearing, is it under #2 along with the studs being #21?.. If so, called up pepboys and autozone... it's only $28.
If I'm wrong or have anything missing, go please let me know. Remember, this is only the worst-case scenario IF I have to go through with changing the hub
Old 07-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Banned

Did some research, but I have a question to ask... the studs, are they fused to the wheel bearing? If not, all I need are studs, nothing more.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Banned

Got the wheel off thanks to Mark, just have to head to the autoparts store and get wheel studs, nothing expensive.. I'll be spending $4-$8 the most. I'll update you guys later on today.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Looking good man! But DAAAAAAMN. 530 in the AM posting? can we say ADDICT! lol
Old 07-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by special e. dition
Looking good man! But DAAAAAAMN. 530 in the AM posting? can we say ADDICT! lol
Haha,... I deliver papers in the morning so I'm usually up by 2-3am and back in bed around 5:45-6.. so I have the time to post and then sleep again. lol
Old 07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo, i never really followed this thread but damn, that fucked up shit in those photos of all that damage that the shop can't explain for is FUCKED UP. WTF, who does that???? Honestly, that is some shitty work goin on and who the fuck wants screws and bolts and a switch for crying out loud. Sorry to have seen all that bullshit that you had to deal with or are still dealing with. Also, nice choice on rims. Atleast you chose good rims because there are alot of guys on here that are doin there TLs wrong. Anyways, Whats your current status like, did u ever get that shit settled in court or did u get the damages taken care of and repaired, new bolts screws etc?? Let me know cuz i know your gona be comming down for the meet hopefully as long as it happens on the date ur gona be in tampa. Anyways, hit me back and let me know whats up. Lata
Old 07-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

Got the headers installed, took out the catalytic converter with a grinder and decided to remove the studs and make new holes for new bolts... Reason for this? Easier bolt on and removals in the future, especially the soon to arrive WS2 I'll post pics once I'm done.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

and the tranny?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned

and the tranny?
Saving up for a "newer" one, I found a few up in Massachusetts with less than 35K on them. They're all around $700-900, and all come with ieither 2-4 year guarantees on them. So if the tranny ever died, they'd send me another just the same when I bought it. Just wish that I knew a way to find a place to get the new "fixed" tranny everyone's been talking about rather than the dealership. I'll be able to put the newer tranny by the first week of august once I save up enough. Decided to go ahead and take on 3 different jobs to get all the money I need. Also, the mechanic at A-1 transmissions (Johnston, RI) gave me a break and is just charging $450 for the install with a warranty. He completely waived all inspection fees his shop normally charges.

Here's the Cat... Made the first hole in place of the old stud, 5 more to go..

And they said I'd need a new converter... HA!

Quick Reply: On Going Mods...