On Going Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Back in a Type S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joe80055
Glad to be of some help, remember, don't get the nail polish remover on the front of the gauges.. don't want your nice black finish to get ruined. By the way, where can someone get replacement gauges anyway? Just incase of any inconvieniences
You can get them at the dealer pretty cheap believe it or not! I think the most expensive one it the speedo ($45)
Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Damn! Off to Inskip I go then!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned

Check this out.. I was told that it may not be possible to clear the tail lights... so you know what?.. I'm going to do it! ... I'll be posting soon once again.. '99 cleared tail lights with amber LEDs + Load resistors (to prevent burnout).. Stay tuned
Old 03-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Instructor

U cant clear the 99TL taillights because there is no orange reflector to take out. The actual glass of the taillight is colored orange. Ususally when u clear something, its a orange reflector behind a clear glass.

goodjob on the gauges. Congrats on managing to do it without even taking the needles off.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

Hey Guys.. Just ordered my LEDs from Besthongkong.com... Here's the product list and price.. definitely a good buy...

Products
------------------------------------------------------
45 x 3mm White LED - 40 Degree Clear 8000mcd (BUWLC224W40BB13) = $27.00
45 x 470 ohm 1/4 Watts Resistor - 50PCs (BEC0501005-50) = $22.50
12 x 3mm Blue LED - 30 Degree Clear 4000mcd (BUBC224W30BB09) = $4.80
------------------------------------------------------
Shipping: Air Parcel (Ship Registered air with Tracking): $9.03
Sub-Total: $54.30
Total: $63.33

The project will continue as planned.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice mods man...da underseat neons are a nie touch..i wanna do it one day too~
Old 04-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

ATTENTION EVERYONE! I've came up with a new mod!!!
Check this out... Ever had one of those long distance trips where you needed a laptop, camcorder, or anything other electronic device and you didn't have the electrical outlet for it in yoru acura?... Well Guess what! I HAVE started such a thing. Yes! You heard me.. I went on ebay, got myself a 12V DC to AC converter (Three Prong) and I'm currently taking it apart splicing it with the 12V wires that run along the bottom and custom fitting it into the rear console of the TL. To give you a better picture, remember back in the day when the 2000 - 2002 Toyota Avalons came with a 110V AC outlet in the back of their consoles.. I'm doing the very same!

- This way, seeing that my siblings and friends all have xboxes, PS2's, etc.. instead of buying such equipment to go ahead and shove in teh car, why not let the passenger have the option to plug in any electronic device they want? I know I'd LOVE that luxury!

So stay tuned!.. Pictures will be up very soon
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Back in a Type S

Check this out... Ever had one of those long distance trips where you needed a laptop, camcorder, or anything other electronic device and you didn't have the electrical outlet for it in yoru acura?... Well Guess what! I HAVE started such a thing. Yes! You heard me.. I went on ebay, got myself a 12V DC to AC converter (Three Prong) and I'm currently taking it apart splicing it with the 12V wires that run along the bottom and custom fitting it into the rear console of the TL. To give you a better picture, remember back in the day when the 2000 - 2002 Toyota Avalons came with a 110V AC outlet in the back of their consoles.. I'm doing the very same!

- This way, seeing that my siblings and friends all have xboxes, PS2's, etc.. instead of buying such equipment to go ahead and shove in teh car, why not let the passenger have the option to plug in any electronic device they want? I know I'd LOVE that luxury!

So stay tuned!.. Pictures will be up very soon

Nice...I can't wait to see how this comes out.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Cruisin'

Dude u drive a acura tl, not a 95 honda civic. Ur ricing that poor car out!

:shakehead sorry man, it was cool in 1998!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by strcdan

Could you explain to the forum how he is "ricing" his car out? It's not like he's putting huge wings, stupid ground effects kits, rediculous graphics, or coffee can mufflers on his car. Hmmm...trying to understand you here...
Old 04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by strcdan

Dude... I don't think you're getting me quite right here... I'M NOT ricing out my car.. I'm modding out my car to be a better convienience to MYSELF as well as everyone else out there who want to mimic the mod and benefit themselves as well. I'm sorry buddy, but that statement was diffinitely rude. All I have to say is that if you were to see the car in person.. you'd definitely feel stupid.

Check out the list of mods...
1. Better, brigther gauges at night
2. LED conversion for better clarity of the dash and console at night
3. Blue-lit floors to match the leds
4. An AC outlet in the back for convienience in long distance trips
5. A decorated engine to liven the appearance of the engine.

... I'm not the type of idiot that'll do stupid shit to my car to make it look like a modified hooptee.

You strcdan.. definitely do not have taste to notice the advantages I'm adding to this machine. Before you decide to negatively comment on anyone's thread, understand the concept of their mods first. You have a good day.

ProvidenceLeaf: .. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

As to everyone else: Pictures will be posted soon.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Racer

nice mods dude, i wanna try the gauge thing, just as most of the others, i was afraid that i'd have to take off the needles... but from what you were sayin tho, the gauge just comes out with out having to remove the needles... i'm still tryin to think about that cuz i've done some before that i had to remove it. sux.

btw, sometimes it might be best to ignore negative comments instead of commenting back on it, it jsut makes things a lil worst and start some drama and might not give you very good feedbacks.

nice car tho, thanx alot for showin, givin me bunch of ideas... gonna go experiment now...
Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Blueyce28
nice mods dude, i wanna try the gauge thing, just as most of the others, i was afraid that i'd have to take off the needles... but from what you were sayin tho, the gauge just comes out with out having to remove the needles... i'm still tryin to think about that cuz i've done some before that i had to remove it. sux.

btw, sometimes it might be best to ignore negative comments instead of commenting back on it, it jsut makes things a lil worst and start some drama and might not give you very good feedbacks.

nice car tho, thanx alot for showin, givin me bunch of ideas... gonna go experiment now...

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad I'm able to give you new ideas I get what you mean though... Definitely ignoring the negative comments. As for the needles.. there is a way to move the face of the gauges around without removing the needles... just carefully peel the face off the glue that's between the clear plastic and the black plastic.. and slowly start rotating the gauge face until it's completely loose. That way, you're able to move around and get to the filter without having to take off the needle. This is so because If you take off the needle, you run the risk of the gauges being inaccurate or the motors themselves stop working.. I'm sure you were already afraid of this when you were going to try to this. As you can see from the pictures, the needles stayed on the entire time I was doing the experiment I'm sure you can do the same If you need anything else, feel free to ask!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Racer

did you glue it back on? with what?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Usually the glue would be adhesive once it dries after you use the nail polish, but if not, any glue that's not permenant and doesn't interfere with the movement of the needles are fine. As for me, I didn't even bother gluing it back together since the black cover that goes over the cluster keeps the faces of the gauges pressed down against the clear plastic in the back.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

Here's the unit that'll be taken apart. It supports up to 150 Watts.. Typical computer/camera/cellphone/gaming console usage.

150W Car Power Outlet Adapter 12V DC 110V AC Inverter: $17.99.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Cruisin'

dam. don't have a digital cam. yet, to show all of you my TL, anyways, love the gauges man, nice job, i might hit you up for help when it comes to that
Old 04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by moralamb
dam. don't have a digital cam. yet, to show all of you my TL, anyways, love the gauges man, nice job, i might hit you up for help when it comes to that
East Side?...Providence?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:31 AM
Banned

Thanks, it's all good, just let me know whenever.. question, you have regular gauges or Type-S gauges?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

... Where on the East Side are you? I've probably seen you around already without even knowing it
Old 04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

Alright Guys.. Started on the AC outlet project.. Here's the current pics to the mod...

This is the electrical source I'm tapping into... (under the console)

The wiring for the neon bulbs...

The new location of the AC Sockets... Very Convienient. rather than a place to put trash, it's a pull out electrical socket. My brother wants to plug his PS2 and/or Xbox into those for the long road trips.. I'm planning on using this to charge my laptop while driving..

Now, while I'm doing this, I have a new mod in mind... The Grille.. should I keep the regular OEM trim, or should I turn it to a black powder Preforated aluminum grille?. .. This is what the new grille would look like...
Old 04-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

Progress: Stripped Interior. Next Step: Wiring accessory leds.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Back in a Type S

Progress: Stripped Interior. Next Step: Wiring accessory leds.

You have to fix your pic links. All we see are RED Xs
Old 04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

I've noticed... try refreshing the page.. they come up once refreshed... my bandwidth from my website exceeded it's limit (that never happens).. I'm getting that fixed.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Cruisin'

i'm in the biggest city of Vermont
i'll post my ride soon..
peace
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Still waiting for the LEDs..they come in this week.

Tomorrow, I'm debadging the TL... pics will be posted in the afternoon.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Update

Hey guys... Here's an update on both the LED conversion and the Removal of the Emblems...

First, the LED conversion... I took the radio apart, and every stock bulb's been removed and the board's been prept just waiting for the LEDs to come in. Here's pictures below..

The stock blubs...

The Circuit Board (had to take apart the whole radio for this bitch!

Debadging:

Before --

After ---

Next step..
The LEDs coming in between now and Thursday
then the Red/Clear Tail lights -- Ebay $145 for front and left -- Just ordered them!
Following this... H-Tein Lowering Springs.. all thanks to ProvidenceLeaf He's the shit.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Banned

Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

The LED's came in!!! Have to go get them from the post office.. Onward with the LED conversion! I'll be posting up pictures by the end of the week.

The DC to AC converter and neon pulse regular came in as well.. Now I'll be able to have an AC outlet in the car, synchronized multiple pulsing neons, AND a hyper-white/blue atmosphere.. .Check back at the end of the week.

I'll have pics of yet, ANOTHER new mod... ever have that cd tray above your radio that just sits there and you have no use for it?.. here's what i got.... a large mirror, glass cutter, some hardwood, and heavy duty glue.. . Now check this out.. the ultra bright blue neon... will be incased in a mirror display wired to the rest of the neons under the seats.... This way, through designs I would cut out in the front of the display of mirrors within the radio, multiple shades of blue will be pulsing through a see-through cover... I'll take pics of the completed project and post it on here. But for now, here's what I have so far... Comments anyone?

Old 04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Instructor

wow looks like ur doing a lot at once.

but why did u take apart the whole deck? u even have the cd player sitting on the table. U really only needed to take apart the front circut board with the lights on it.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, I know, but I figured i'd try to be more familiar with every part of the radio.. I'm one of those take-it-all-apart guys
Old 04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Mazda=redneckricer

Dude... I don't think you're getting me quite right here... I'M NOT ricing out my car.. I'm modding out my car to be a better convienience to MYSELF as well as everyone else out there who want to mimic the mod and benefit themselves as well. I'm sorry buddy, but that statement was diffinitely rude. All I have to say is that if you were to see the car in person.. you'd definitely feel stupid.

Check out the list of mods...
1. Better, brigther gauges at night
2. LED conversion for better clarity of the dash and console at night
3. Blue-lit floors to match the leds
4. An AC outlet in the back for convienience in long distance trips
5. A decorated engine to liven the appearance of the engine.

... I'm not the type of idiot that'll do stupid shit to my car to make it look like a modified hooptee.

You strcdan.. definitely do not have taste to notice the advantages I'm adding to this machine. Before you decide to negatively comment on anyone's thread, understand the concept of their mods first. You have a good day.

LOL! U'd try to have us believe it's for convenience and practicality....
I'm sry do0d but just cuz u keep telling urself that doesn't mean its tru.
Blue LED's = Rice
Blue Neons = Rice

It's called a Game plate......39.95 @ Target
Old 04-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

The DC/AC Project's almost done.. Here's pictures.. the cut holes around the outlets will be filled, buffed out and painted to match the rest of the console.

I ran the wires along the bottom. 22 and 16 gauge wires..

LED Conversion: Still in progress

Almost done adding the leds & resistors to the circuit board..

Old 04-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Cruisin'

it seems like you got to much free time, peace
Old 04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned

nah.. just a weekend thing
Old 04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Instructor

hey. update us on all the pics. especially all the LEDs.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Instructor

and also can u post a pic of those 99 foglamps u were saying u had. I want to see.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

I'll post pics before the night's over.. I've moved on to the dashboard Bezel... the Climate Control will be done within the hour.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

Spoiler Update

Hey guys... the led project's going okay for now.. just have to order a new circuit board for the radio... i finally finished the damn thing, and the minute i walk away, my dog decides to run across my table and knock the soldering iron over the board.. kinda sucks to see it ruined.. so on that note, another board's on the way! everything else is done though.

As for the OEM fog lights.. that's the last thing i'm putting on the car after everythign else is done.. it looks pretty decent. It reminds me of the TL-X that was demo'd a few years back. Just as a reminder.. there are oem's for the 99... the only place i was able to find mine were at autozone (special order)

Here's a new item!! The SPOILER came today!!!!! YEs! An OEM painted spoiler.. Heather Mist Metallic... matches the car! Here are pics.. the installation starts today!

The Merchandise

The tools

Getting ready..

The engraved emblem
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Drifting

they made oem fogs for the 99? ive never seen them b4, have to post pics

Quick Reply: On Going Mods...