On Going Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
they made oem fogs for the 99? ive never seen them b4, have to post pics
I never knew they did also until i went around asking a bunch of places.. including the Acura/Honda Dealers themselves.

It's the last install I'm doing, so I'll let everyone know when I'm able to install them. the closest one to the OEMs are the aftermarket ones.. even those, you have to play around with to make them fit just right.

Here.. it's finally finished.. after an hour of labor.. I made the pic nice and small since I know it's sometimes annoying when people post larged sized pictures when it's really not necessary.

Next Week's Mod Installs:
Red/Clear lights with Amber 24-LED's (7443/7440)
Red AEM Cold Air Intake w/ Bypass Valve
Completion of White/Blue LED Conversion
Old 04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quick Mod Question

Okay fellas, before I install the Red/Clear tail lights, I was wondering... I have a pair of amber led bulbs #7443 replacements, with resistors already built into them. My question is, would I need a load resistor for each led turning signal or are they just plug and play? here's a pic of them.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:01 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by joe80055
Next Week's Mod Installs:
Red/Clear lights with Amber 24-LED's (7443/7440)
Red AEM Cold Air Intake w/ Bypass Valve
Completion of White/Blue LED Conversion
after 02-03 tails def look into 02-03 'A' badge as well... it may be the most subtle mod but it does make a difference imo especially when everything else is debadged.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:25 PM
--BASS FANATIC--

Nice work on everything you have did... D jeckle or whatever his sn is, is a STRAIGHT HATER... Freaking idiots like him need to be banned... People have their own taste in things. Whos gives what they do to their car let them do it. If you like green eggs and ham you like green eggs and ham. More power to ya!!! Waiting to see the new updates!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Instructor

if the resistor's already built in, it should be fine. i put front LED turn signals and didnt need a load resistor.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Thumbs up New Mods Coming this week!

Originally Posted by chabooky
Nice work on everything you have did... D jeckle or whatever his sn is, is a STRAIGHT HATER... Freaking idiots like him need to be banned... People have their own taste in things. Whos gives what they do to their car let them do it. If you like green eggs and ham you like green eggs and ham. More power to ya!!! Waiting to see the new updates!!!
Haha.. he probably hates because he's one of those people that can't realize how awesome mods are... he probably doesn't have any on his car... oh well..

Alright guys, there shall be pics posted on saturday so check around then (I'll be too busy doing stupid tests & papers during the week.. school sucks! ).. The new mods are coming tomorrow, tuesday, and wednesday via UPS as well as I'll be able to take pics of the OEM foglights for you (I'm sure you're curious). Well, just the assembly really. I don't have the bulbs yet. I have to do some more research to see what kind of bulbs fit in these things. Before I do, can anyone explain to me what are the difference between 6000K, 8000K, etc. bulbs?.. And if you can, post pictures on here so I can decide what to pick from from the fogs you have already. If this works, I'll let you guys know and post pics and if you guys wish, just PM me to help you grab a pair if desired.

To the guys I saw at the meet: I LOVE your cars! Nice work on the mods!

-- Other than DC Sports and Comptech headers, what other headers are out there? I'd do a search, but I'll be with school work to do one. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Red AEM Cold Air Intake Installed

The latest installation - Red AEM CAI w/ Bypass Valve (I hate night-time pictures):

Thanks for the DIY, Mark!

The Next Installation (tomorrow):

Stay tuned!

Off Topic: Raced a supercharged Saturn Ion tonight... He heard the new CAI... I floored it.. he followed... 10 miles later... received a thumbs-up. Definitely made my night.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Back in a Type S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job dude. Keep it going...you're making a lot of progress! I'm redoing my springs today so you be able to lower your car soon!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they didnt make fogs for 99-01...cant wait to see what "OEM" fogs you got,especially at autozone. PUT THE DAMN DASH TOGETHER lol
Old 04-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtlec01
they didnt make fogs for 99-01...cant wait to see what "OEM" fogs you got,especially at autozone. PUT THE DAMN DASH TOGETHER lol
Hey, it's a work in progress. lol Besides, it's too close to finals week, so I'll have to cut it down to 1-2 mods a week until after the first week of may since I'll be drowning in papers and finals... My new Bezel's in today @ the UPS center so I'll get to put half of the led conversion back on before saturday after doing the led's in there. You'll see soon.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Scru U guyz, Im Goin Home

Haha.. he probably hates because he's one of those people that can't realize how awesome mods are... he probably doesn't have any on his car... oh well..
Originally Posted by chabooky
D jeckle or whatever his sn is, is a STRAIGHT HATER... Freaking idiots like him need to be banned... People have their own taste in things. Whos gives what they do to their car let them do it. If you like green eggs and ham you like green eggs and ham. More power to ya!!! Waiting to see the new updates!!!
Modifying cars is an expression of ones taste and an extension of who u r.... So obviously like clothes and whine people will like some and not like others, that’s their right. The sayings that have become much too accepted here: "to each his own" and "If u like it that’s all that counts" are complete bullshit. If ur opinion was all that mattered then u wouldn't post in the Photo Gallery. Accept criticism and expect that people are not always the best critics. Don't get mad just cuz someone doesn't like ur taste.

That being said, mods like this give Honda's a bad name!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:59 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Adding more flava to it eh!? Very Nice!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

To Do List:
** Tomorrow - Clearing out the tail lights; anyone know where to find amber-colored paint to cover the turning signal bulbs?
Your new tails should have came with them. If not I suggest you go to www.superbrightleds.com and order the LED blinkers. Looks much better than the regular amber bulb.

Actually since I took mine out for the LED blinkers, I can give you my set of Amber bulbs. (Acurazine has been nice to me, so why not continue the trend)

Holla at me via PM with your shipping address and I will drop them in the snail-mail for you!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

not sure if you till needed these but..

I need a favor... Can a few of you go ahead and put pictures of your cleared tail lights? ... Just only those with tail lights from 1999 TL's please.. I have a new project to undertake in a day

Old 04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

Your new tails should have came with them. If not I suggest you go to www.superbrightleds.com and order the LED blinkers. Looks much better than the regular amber bulb.
Actually I already got my LED blinkers from V-LEDs.com.. they're pretty nice actually. I installed one of the tails alright.. i'm doing the other today.. i accidentally stripped one of the bolts, so that's the only thing that's holding me back at the moment. Other than that, everything's all good!

Nice car by the way... do those windshield visors really work?.. I was thinking of getting one for the sunroof.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Post Red/Clear Tail lights: Done.

New Update, the tails are complete..

Before:

After:

Upcoming Mods (Starting May 1st) :

H-Tien Lowering Springs
DC Sports Headers
UR Pully Set
Completing the LED conversion (Sorry I took so long, school finals are killing me! )
Rims (Still deciding between the following: 18"x7.5" SSR GT1's; 17"x7.5 Absolute Chaos'; or 18"x7.5 ASA JH8's)

Foglights!

... comments?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Back in a Type S

Looks good. Nice job dude. Now you just have to get the inside of your car back in order.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-27-2006, 06:43 PM

Dude... I don't think you're getting me quite right here... I'M NOT ricing out my car.. I'm modding out my car to be a better convienience to MYSELF as well as everyone else out there who want to mimic the mod and benefit themselves as well. I'm sorry buddy, but that statement was diffinitely rude. All I have to say is that if you were to see the car in person.. you'd definitely feel stupid.

Check out the list of mods...
1. Better, brigther gauges at night
2. LED conversion for better clarity of the dash and console at night
3. Blue-lit floors to match the leds
4. An AC outlet in the back for convienience in long distance trips
5. A decorated engine to liven the appearance of the engine.

... I'm not the type of idiot that'll do stupid shit to my car to make it look like a modified hooptee.

You strcdan.. definitely do not have taste to notice the advantages I'm adding to this machine. Before you decide to negatively comment on anyone's thread, understand the concept of their mods first. You have a good day.

ProvidenceLeaf: .. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

As to everyone else: Pictures will be posted soon.

I love the way you basicaly told that guy to go fuck himself! very nicely written! LOL
Old 04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaliChris517

Oh! I see what you mean, those are the White led windshield wiper nozzles on my hood.. i'm getting around to those soon.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

Actually I already got my LED blinkers from V-LEDs.com.. they're pretty nice actually. I installed one of the tails alright.. i'm doing the other today.. i accidentally stripped one of the bolts, so that's the only thing that's holding me back at the moment. Other than that, everything's all good!

Nice car by the way... do those windshield visors really work?.. I was thinking of getting one for the sunroof.
Thanks for the compliment. its no where near being done...

about the guards..I think the one for the sun roof makes more wind noise than without it. The raingaurds work fine. I like a lil fresh air from time to time..
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by special e. dition
Thanks for the compliment. its no where near being done...
Although it's no where being done, I'm already impressed at what I saw at the Mass meet in person. Hence, my compliment. Sorry if this is kinda off topic, but what other mods to you have in mind?
Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Angry Ultimate Failure.

Well guys.... My tranny... officially died.. today.. as of April 29, 2006 at 7:13pm. Yeah.. so I'm stuck in Brooklyn... good thing I have the Avalon for backup!

Looks like there won't be any mods for a while, have to save up money for the @#$!ing repair costs. ... so here's what happened.. so i'm chillin.. going to NY, crusing down 95.. to my surprise, my gas needle was NOT moving after 100 miles... definitely was inspiration to see my gas not being wasted after installing the AEM CAI.. anyway... so, along the way.. around exit 60.. The check engine light turns on... along with the TCS... I stoppped.. restarted the engine.. nothing.. so i continued... by the time i'm in brooklyn, on the Prospect Expressway during rush hour.. the tranny starts to quit on me... i end up on the street with a busted TL... definitely a hurtful moment to see your car getting lifted onto a tow truck. ..
Old 04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

..... I shall not let acura's flawed transmission bring me down! Hmm... with this being so... is a conversion possible?... I mean hey... might as well make the best out of the situation, right? haha.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Back in a Type S

DUDE...that's terrible. Is that why you called earlier? I got your message a little while ago. Sorry Joe.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:54 PM

... sorry to hear man. so you just put your AEM CAI in? i just put my AEM v2 in the 99 TL .... let me just say! OMG!! The car sounds SOOOOO MUCH COOLER! when i hit about 3500-4000 RPMs watch out!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

Post All mods temporarily on hold.

OMG!! The car sounds SOOOOO MUCH COOLER! when i hit about 3500-4000 RPMs watch out!
I know! People usually hear me roaring down the street.. it's awesome.. they love it! haha
.. just pissed for the possible $2k job that's going to follow this absurd tragedy. I must say.. before the transmission went out on me, the car's done me well for the most part....

Two Highlights:
On I-95 in CT today, around the 60's exits, ended up racing a '97 SL500 along with a '05 G35.... surprisingly, I won. We all pulled over and both guys admitted that they were really pushing their cars and didn't understand why I still kept up.. good stuff.
To get from RI to NYC, cost me only $7 of gas with the new CAI now compared to the $40 I'd pay for the regular stock intake... I have a witness!, my friend came along, she's my testimony.
These were.. the only highlights of the day before the fatal incident.
I guess this all explains the weird infrequent jerks I've been having for the last 2.5 weeks.. originally, i thought I just had bad engine mounts.. never knew those violent jerks just here signs of inevitable transmission failure. so sad. Makes me want to take a can opener and abuse the crap out of the motionless vehicle.
I'll be doing the other mods as planned after I get rid of this tranny problem.. so stay tuned.. I'm not giving up just yet.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 AM

yeah... im not sure if theres a big sound difference between the AEM V2 and the AEM CAI. all i know is when i hit those high rpms people look my way as i fly by them! LOL! i was thinking about getting a sticker on the rear window that would read something as follows: "If you are reading this, you prob just got owned!" or "u just got smoked" or something! hahaha but it wouldnt work cuz sometime i drive reg. speed and ppl pass me.

OHHH! highlight of the day. Im going to lunch on my break today at work. Im waiting to turn as i see this porsche fly by me. we all know im not about to smoke a porsche but i caught up to him (im at like 4500 rpms in 2nd grear hitting 60 or so? in a 45 and he hears me.. looks over.. and we race down the freeway. I kept side by side for a little while but my exit was coming so i had to let him go.

o, another one on the way home... Some kid in a toyota corolla type s comes up behind me pretty quick as im stuck behind the fucking gayest mini van(left) and semi on the right... hes tail gatin me and im maybe 2-3 car lenghts behind the minivan. so finally after maybe a mile and a half or 2 the mini van gets out of the damn way. the corolla shoots over to the right and seriously tries to race me... i give him maybe 5 car lengths and then blow his doors off... no traffic in front of us so i hit about 95-100 and he chickened out... or topped out! lol
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 AM

2 things...

- did you ever get these 99 tl OEM fogs? i want to see them, and maybe look into these for myself.

- The tranny jerking. on my 99... I have not noticed anything in any of the grears 1-4... but reverse is another story. almost every time (1 in 3? or so) i put it in reverse i hear this clunk as it slips into gear or as im reversing i hear it.... i really home the damn reverse holds up.. im scared to post this cuz of what ppl minght say.. "OH SHIT, YOUR TRANNYS FUCKED!" i hope not!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Banned

2 things...

- did you ever get these 99 tl OEM fogs? i want to see them, and maybe look into these for myself.

- The tranny jerking. on my 99... I have not noticed anything in any of the grears 1-4... but reverse is another story. almost every time (1 in 3? or so) i put it in reverse i hear this clunk as it slips into gear or as im reversing i hear it.... i really home the damn reverse holds up.. im scared to post this cuz of what ppl minght say.. "OH SHIT, YOUR TRANNYS FUCKED!" i hope not!

Hahaha, just be prepared.. start saving up!.. I sure wasn't expecting this at all. Yes I have the OEM fogs, they're expensive as shit though. That's the part that sucks balls. Remember the TL-X Prototype that came out a while back?.. that's what the 99 would look like with fogs on.... supposedly our current lights are called "fogs".. but I don't believe it. You know what?.. screw the other mods, I'll install the fogs the minute I get the tranny repaired, sound's good?... I know it sucks to be waiting for so long.

Guys, for the fog light bulbs.. should I have them illuminated in hid yellow or hid white?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Racer

Hahaha, just be prepared.. start saving up!.. I sure wasn't expecting this at all. Yes I have the OEM fogs, they're expensive as shit though. That's the part that sucks balls. Remember the TL-X Prototype that came out a while back?.. that's what the 99 would look like with fogs on.... supposedly our current lights are called "fogs".. but I don't believe it. You know what?.. screw the other mods, I'll install the fogs the minute I get the tranny repaired, sound's good?... I know it sucks to be waiting for so long.

Guys, for the fog light bulbs.. should I have them illuminated in hid yellow or hid white?
Why don't you post some pics of the Fogs, just like you did with everything else you had to install on your TL? I'm sure everyone is as curious as I am....at least with the 99-01 year.

OntarioTL
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Pro

i really want to see the fogs. i think its amazing that you are the only one that has been able to find oem fogs for a 99-01 since the car came out.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
HID white would look good, something to match or even brighter than your lowbeams.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:54 PM

please dont get yellow fogs... i hate that ugly ass yellow color on the fogs... and can u take some pics of the fogs... even tho they are not installed everyone wants to see them. and where did u get them? site? part #?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro

not hating but theres a reason that you didnt take the pics of the fogs yet. lets be real you posted pics of led bulbs you would have posted these pics.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Although it's no where being done, I'm already impressed at what I saw at the Mass meet in person. Hence, my compliment. Sorry if this is kinda off topic, but what other mods to you have in mind?
List of 06 mods to complete in no particular order.

-HID fogs
-I.C.E. ( maybe a 12W7 and a NIIIIIIIICE amp)
-Finish the paint/polish scheme on the TL-s stockies I have
-Rear window Spoiler (If I can locate one..Help anyone)
-Complete Paint job....nothing but pure ACURA SSM going on the whip.
-Finish the LED bulb replacements in the front/interior.

Im thinking I may want to redo my tint a lil darker in the rear window. I saw the guy at tha MASS meet with 5% on his and was stricken with ENVY!

Plus size rims are out of the picture for now, these MASS roads.streets/byways/ highways SUCK in the worst way!...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

2 things...

Mine does the same thing! My driveway has an incline so I started parking with the nose of my car facing down. Now when I put it in reverse there is no "clunking" sound but I do know what you are speaking of.!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Instructor

2 things...

mine does the same.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Toronto, ONTARIO

do not go with H-tech teins.. you will not be happy, alot of people with tein h-techs mostly get saggins in the rear.....

you may want to look into, H&R's or S-techs ... or even tein SS coilovers
Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rpsouthsider
do not go with H-tech teins.. you will not be happy, alot of people with tein h-techs mostly get saggins in the rear.....

you may want to look into, H&R's or S-techs ... or even tein SS coilovers

got no problem with my h-tech. car sits evenly all the way around. the measurement of the front side of the side skirt and rear side of the side skirt is pretty much same distance from the ground

Quick Reply: On Going Mods...