Bugdet Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011 | 03:25 PM
Advanced

Bugdet Build

Ok im in a time crunch 2 months to get ready for an event. Now i know that the smart thingto do is put a maunal trany n blah blah blah problem is i dont have the time cuz im doing this build n my shed lol Can a auto tanny handle 8 pounds? I wanna do a tranny swp but gotta be ready for this event so if anyone can answer that or give me some advise. Thanks
Old 01-02-2011 | 04:19 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen 02 Type S
Ok im in a time crunch 2 months to get ready for an event. Now i know that the smart thingto do is put a maunal trany n blah blah blah problem is i dont have the time cuz im doing this build n my shed lol Can a auto tanny handle 8 pounds? I wanna do a tranny swp but gotta be ready for this event so if anyone can answer that or give me some advise. Thanks
maybe you should take your time and learn how to type

but about the tranny holding 8 lbs, assuming 8 pounds of boost, SURE... how long idk, kinda also depends on current state the tranny is in, how many miles and such on it already
Old 01-02-2011 | 04:28 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

I'd rather 6speed swap then boost.

and your question of will it hold 8lbs....? It depends. Supercharged? Turbocharged? 8psi on a t3 is not the same as 8psi on a GT35R
Old 01-02-2011 | 09:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

A transmission is not built to withstand PSI, its built to take a certain amount of torque. I assure you that stock TL B7WA tranny will not last long with more than 230-250 ft-lb torque.
Old 01-02-2011 | 09:56 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by pickler
A transmission is not built to withstand PSI, its built to take a certain amount of torque. I assure you that stock TL B7WA tranny will not last long with more than 230-250 ft-lb torque.
so true though
Old 01-02-2011 | 11:12 PM
Rice Patrol

this is a disaster waiting to happen...

the 6spd is so much more win than a supercharger :twocents:
Old 01-02-2011 | 11:17 PM
MechEng

^ i dunno bout that, especially for the OP's needs.

he said he wants his car to be ready for an event. people that go to events like flashy and exciting. no one is going to be ecstatic about a TL with a 6 speed swap, unless this event is Acurafest or something like that. a supercharger is more of a crowd pleaser.

now if your tranny blows while showing off the new supercharger, well lets hope that doesnt happen.
Old 01-03-2011 | 03:33 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
^ i dunno bout that, especially for the OP's needs.

he said he wants his car to be ready for an event
. people that go to events like flashy and exciting. no one is going to be ecstatic about a TL with a 6 speed swap, unless this event is Acurafest or something like that. a supercharger is more of a crowd pleaser.

now if your tranny blows while showing off the new supercharger, well lets hope that doesnt happen.
never said what type of event, cause a race is an event
Old 01-03-2011 | 03:45 PM
MechEng

well pray that the autotragic can handle at least one or two races with the supercharger haha.
Old 01-03-2011 | 03:47 PM
Advanced

thanks its a track event nothing major cause im in kansas and nothing major happens. yes a t3 nothing to big just enough really to crack the 13 mark in a 1/4 mile the guy that called me out has a b16 with headers and so other stuff but still all motor not sure if the TL can beat a b16 hatch dude to weight but im thinking i better use my other car lol and wait till i can buil the TL 100%
Old 01-03-2011 | 04:15 PM
B A N N E D

thanks its a track event nothing major cause im in kansas and nothing major happens. yes a t3 nothing to big just enough really to crack the 13 mark in a 1/4 mile the guy that called me out has a b16 with headers and so other stuff but still all motor not sure if the TL can beat a b16 hatch dude to weight but im thinking i better use my other car lol and wait till i can buil the TL 100%
figuring the hatch is a manual then.... it's really not even a fair race (i gained 40hp by swapping to a manual from the auto)

probably the easiest way to try and keep up with him would be a shot of nitrous; i have done 100 with just bolt-ons and the original fuel pump (i want a bigger pump before i go bigger, to make sure it does not lean out though)

but i have heard of people doing a 150 shot though, with no issues though (but it was in a civic though, so lighter, and not as much load on the engine; think the additional weight of our cars)

as far as the weight of our cars, there f@cking pigs (they are a "luxary" car afterall (3500+ with the gas tank empty [light on] and no spare or subs, and me NOT in the car; it did drop to like the 3300's though with the manual swap), better start stripping to try and even keep up (fyi, the hatch you are probably looking at easily under 2500 lbs or less; 2200 lbs might even be achievable too)

and personally why is this guy even try to call you out can he not beat any other cars, cause he is too slow (for what these cars ARE, they are relatively fast, but not civic/hatch fast though)(but i will say though that when people see mine they are like WTF especially being a car that is not really modified at all, and that i am actually putting down decent times)
Old 01-03-2011 | 04:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by friesm2000
figuring the hatch is a manual then.... it's really not even a fair race (i gained 40hp by swapping to a manual from the auto)

probably the easiest way to try and keep up with him would be a shot of nitrous; i have done 100 with just bolt-ons and the original fuel pump (i want a bigger pump before i go bigger, to make sure it does not lean out though)

but i have heard of people doing a 150 shot though, with no issues though (but it was in a civic though, so lighter, and not as much load on the engine; think the additional weight of our cars)

as far as the weight of our cars, there f@cking pigs (they are a "luxary" car afterall (3500+ with the gas tank empty [light on] and no spare or subs, and me NOT in the car; it did drop to like the 3300's though with the manual swap), better start stripping to try and even keep up (fyi, the hatch you are probably looking at easily under 2500 lbs or less; 2200 lbs might even be achievable too)

and personally why is this guy even try to call you out can he not beat any other cars, cause he is too slow (for what these cars ARE, they are relatively fast, but not civic/hatch fast though)(but i will say though that when people see mine they are like WTF especially being a car that is not really modified at all, and that i am actually putting down decent times)

I want to do the swap but it will have wait try to build another car as well. But i know i have to do the swap and well probaly do the swap later this year. He calling me out because before he did the b16 swap i smoked his a@@ from a dig and than smoked him on the highway from a 55 roll even worse
Old 01-03-2011 | 04:50 PM
B A N N E D

I want to do the swap but it will have wait try to build another car as well. But i know i have to do the swap and well probaly do the swap later this year. He calling me out because before he did the b16 swap i smoked his a@@ from a dig and than smoked him on the highway from a 55 roll even worse

but just tell him, only if you are allowed to swap your car also (then maybe do a shot of nitrous for good measure , so the win is even better)(somebody ask me what i had, and i was like a manual swap, then also a little something extra, referring to the nitrous lol)

btw i have raced a manual B18 or LS swap (i don't remember exactly, or was it a b20 even ) in a DA integra (stripped partially) (i was manual already btw) and we where basically even till i got to like the 6k rpm range, then i started to pull away)
so more then likely he will smoke your ass in your current state with the tragic in there (btw once you are swapped, we gotta meet up at like the colorado/kansas border or something)

Last edited by friesm2000; 01-03-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2011 | 06:09 PM
Advanced

but just tell him, only if you are allowed to swap your car also (then maybe do a shot of nitrous for good measure , so the win is even better)(somebody ask me what i had, and i was like a manual swap, then also a little something extra, referring to the nitrous lol)

btw i have raced a manual B18 or LS swap (i don't remember exactly, or was it a b20 even ) in a DA integra (stripped partially) (i was manual already btw) and we where basically even till i got to like the 6k rpm range, then i started to pull away)
so more then likely he will smoke your ass in your current state with the tragic in there (btw once you are swapped, we gotta meet up at like the colorado/kansas border or something)

Lol yeah im the only TL type S out here that races and im not going to stop just cuz im a heavy sedan they can kiss my a@@ lol and im down lol are there alot of TL's out there that are fixed up. Ive only had my car for 4 months but tax time is coming lol
Old 01-03-2011 | 06:18 PM
B A N N E D

Lol yeah im the only TL type S out here that races and im not going to stop just cuz im a heavy sedan they can kiss my a@@ lol and im down lol are there alot of TL's out there that are fixed up. Ive only had my car for 4 months but tax time is coming lol
a couple, but i am really the only one that races mine also though (and is willing to deal with a blown motor, if it so happens; i don't want too, but then again i want a 3.6 stoker motor )

and as far as weight, just gotta make more power then the rest , and we have a good motor to start with though, so that helps alot
Old 01-03-2011 | 08:00 PM
Instructor

hook up some nitrous, just hide it really well so not much is showing. just dont let him know you are spraying, and laugh in his face when you spank him! Least expensive way for quick hp!
Old 01-03-2011 | 08:09 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

8psi is quite a bit on a t3. I'd even be worried about blowing the motor being that your at 10.5:1 compression, let alone the transmission. I'm at 5.8psi on my T3 and that's pretty conservative.
Old 01-03-2011 | 09:58 PM
B A N N E D

btw, I also raced hatch with a type r, b18c5, swap.. and lets just say he couldn't hang at all
Old 01-04-2011 | 01:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

i'm no fan of a supercharger. Just get some nitrous if it's not cheating?

Also im sure you know this but anyway wrap your exhaust manifold/header with heat resistant exhaust wrap/tape, stiffen rear suspension to reduce weight transfer to rear during launch, use the oem 16" aluminum wheels (very light) with stickiest tires you can find and get rid of any ram air intake (CAI is fine).

Also im assuming you already have a lightweight crank pulleys, 3" exhaust, adjustable suspensions and reduced weight (got rid of seats, floor mats, center console, spare tires, fold the mirrors.

Last edited by pickler; 01-04-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2011 | 03:06 PM
Advanced

well i was hoping to S/C but if the tranny cant handle that gotta fix the tranny first. I think ill just spray till i can get a new tranny
Old 01-04-2011 | 03:08 PM
Advanced

a couple, but i am really the only one that races mine also though (and is willing to deal with a blown motor, if it so happens; i don't want too, but then again i want a 3.6 stoker motor )

and as far as weight, just gotta make more power then the rest , and we have a good motor to start with though, so that helps alot
we should meet up ill race mine and if it breaks ill fix it lol got two cars lol im the fastest sedan not like thats much but so lol but yeah i just gotta find a better tranny and a nitrous kit
Old 01-05-2011 | 01:09 AM
B A N N E D

we should meet up ill race mine and if it breaks ill fix it lol got two cars lol im the fastest sedan not like thats much but so lol but yeah i just gotta find a better tranny and a nitrous kit
i stilll have mine if some part where needed from it, first gear we seize up before had, then one it was disassemble found ioout that 5th gear had basically been fryied
Old 01-05-2011 | 06:27 PM
Advanced

yeah i just gotta find a tranny and a kit that for my car along with a EMS that ive just ordered
Old 01-05-2011 | 06:45 PM
B A N N E D

yeah i just gotta find a tranny and a kit that for my car along with a EMS that ive just ordered
no kit per sa, for swapping, it's basically just collecting the necessary parts, then swapping it over

and currently i have richie's adaptor harness, so i still maintain full functionality of my VSA and such (it just mimic's as if the automatic was still in the car)
Old 01-05-2011 | 10:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pickler
i'm no fan of a supercharger. Just get some nitrous if it's not cheating?

Also im sure you know this but anyway wrap your exhaust manifold/header with heat resistant exhaust wrap/tape, stiffen rear suspension to reduce weight transfer to rear during launch, use the oem 16" aluminum wheels (very light) with stickiest tires you can find and get rid of any ram air intake (CAI is fine).

Also im assuming you already have a lightweight crank pulleys, 3" exhaust, adjustable suspensions and reduced weight (got rid of seats, floor mats, center console, spare tires, fold the mirrors.
There is no such thing as cheating when it comes to cars and racing! Race what you brought!

Also, advice about getting rid of any ram air intake, i hope you mean to REPLACE is with a CAI or something bc removing the intake does NO good at all. How do i know, I've tried it to keep the car from hydro locking during the raining season! The car/engine sounds "meaner"/louder, but the car does not move!

Weight reduction makes a big difference! I use to drive an old accord and had nothing but the driver seat. Night and day difference (regular driving at least) with and without seats. Stiffen up suspension if you have the option and just deflate the tires a bit to try and get a tad more traction, spray and see if you take the win.
Old 01-06-2011 | 03:09 AM
Intermediate

If hondata would get off there ass and do work maybe we could have a j-series tune and the mods would really start!
Old 01-06-2011 | 07:06 AM
2000 acura tl FPR

we have AEM EMS, but wait a moment and I'll be able to tell you how it goes.
Old 01-06-2011 | 07:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by assclown
we have AEM EMS, but wait a moment and I'll be able to tell you how it goes.

well i ordered it but yeah let me know if it works.
Old 01-06-2011 | 07:10 PM
Advanced

no kit per sa, for swapping, it's basically just collecting the necessary parts, then swapping it over

and currently i have richie's adaptor harness, so i still maintain full functionality of my VSA and such (it just mimic's as if the automatic was still in the car)

i found a CL type S tranny ill just pay a shop to do the rest lol