Adams Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
Adams Rotors

Just curious to know if anyone has purchased from Adams Rotors and if so, what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
been going strong for over 8 years & thriving...self owned & operated, small incorporated business.

there are a thousands customs out there with AR, tho I can't say specifically how many here in the 2nd gen TL boards you'll hear from...I hope that doesn't discourage you. we sell rotors to ALL make/model cars & trucks.

you can find plenty of feedback site-wide and MUCH much more all over the internet.

email us if you have any questions.
-a
Old 06-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
i have a full set of double slotted on my tsx for about 5K miles. all good.

i am running the Hawk ProCeramic pads all around. I am pleased with the setup. and like I say 5K miles all good.

here is a pic I posted the other day about the new blue lugs......you can see the front rotor.

Name:  IMG_20140615_093713453_zpslx5vrgfg.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  61.4 KB
The following users liked this post:
adamsrotors (06-27-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Deff won't be buying another set from Adams. Wish I did more research first, but now I know. Will be going ebc next if not brakemotive. Brakemotive has far superior service for a quarter of the price. I originally I was gonna drop upwards of 870ish with Adams but for less money I could piece it together. Customer service was also questionable imo. Rotors were the absolute last thing to arrive 2 plus months later. I'm in retail and repeat business and positive reviews make all the difference. I could probably have a machinist friend make the exact same thing for half as much. Funny there isn't anywhere on google or fb to leave reviews.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor

^ our service is unquestionably the best...
we work 24/7, even replying at 8pm on a sunday.

no other company comes close to having the options or offering we do, and our all-inclusive pricing is extremely competitive. any rotor set for a "quarter of the price" is junk and sure as hell doesn't have any customization options, silver zinc finish, or free shipping, I assure you...please spare us the made up apples to oranges.

the 2 months things I cannot speak for without looking up your order specifically, but I'm sure it's for good reason...a mix-up or quality control catch. it's abnormal and I'm confident we were in full contact with you regarding the delay during the process.
we're a fully made to order company at 2-3 weeks and do so regularly.

thanks for chiming in...as for reviews, there are a ton all over the internet and they're positive ones. out of context, no-reason negative reviews like yours are always combated with 3 more positives because of the killer product & unique options we have, that true enthusiast love & appreciate.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:26 AM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
Originally Posted by floored4door
Deff won't be buying another set from Adams. Wish I did more research first, but now I know. Will be going ebc next if not brakemotive. Brakemotive has far superior service for a quarter of the price. I originally I was gonna drop upwards of 870ish with Adams but for less money I could piece it together. Customer service was also questionable imo. Rotors were the absolute last thing to arrive 2 plus months later. I'm in retail and repeat business and positive reviews make all the difference. I could probably have a machinist friend make the exact same thing for half as much. Funny there isn't anywhere on google or fb to leave reviews.

It would help if you get more specific! Got any Mails or Recall the name of the person who Amswer you? Also what did you do when the set arrived? Did you asked for a refund or something? More info would be Appreciated because right now it's all hear-say..
Old 07-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
My review isn't out of context. Dave asked a question and I replied. It didn't take you 2-3 weeks for his set either. It took a month. As for mine it took 2 plus months and your so called quality control is garbage just like ur shipping methods. I'm just here to warn my fellow brothers that if they chose to buy your product they may be in for a run for their money. Yes I have plenty of emails about internal theft and that they have shipped and been returned and all of that non sense but in the very end, my rears have runs in the zinc coating which looks like shit. I could've painted brake motive to achieve that, and Dave's rotors already look like shit and are already chipping. Not worth the wait or stress. Buyer beware.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
i bought stoptech slotted rotors, stoptech pads and their stainless lines for my genesis coupe from excelerate.

was happy with prices
Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Former Sponsor

it's was hub coating heat sag, during shipping that you experienced and I refunded you the expense of the options in full after finding out about the issue.
the zinc finish is a dip underneath that, fully protecting the rotor, and is 100% intact and satisfactory on your set, which was inspected & cleared.

as far as the unforeseen, unfortunate events we had happen to us last month that did cause a great stress on production and delays on May/June orders, it's hardly BS and far from none-sense.
it was an utter nightmare and very hard on my business...
luckily it's been corrected and we got thru it...I appreciated what was you patience at the time, that clearly that's out the door now.

again, please spare us the anger/hate & clear attacks...
it's 100% out of context when you assume the worst, don't explain what happened/why, and/or chime in one-sided to "fight" us on this in a public forum.
your last post is a perfect example, yet we're happy to defend/explain our side.

we've been around for years and have a great following...these delays happen with made to order goods and small business production unfortunately, but it's hardly the norm at AR.

I'm sorry for the wait...if you wanted standard, off the shelf rotors w/your normal 1-3 patterns options, enjoy the other brands out there...
we're offering a 13+ pattern catalog, 3 zinc finishes, and 5 hub coatings will killer all-inclusive pricing & direct small business service.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

My original intentions when I created this thread was to hear others experiences with this company. This is what has happened, not a hate forum, people are contributing their actual experiences. The purpose of this was to try to gauge whether the issues with my order were an isolated incident or a company wide issue. My order wasn't 2-3 weeks, it was a month. My first order update was ignored and the second was replied to as if I lied about sending a first inquiry. I too had issues with the pack and ship. Some newspapers and one piece of foam were all that was protecting the rotors from handling damage. When they arrived there were dings on them, which I attributed to the poor packing and corrected the issue with a high heat enamel on the areas where it would show. Next issue was with the black zinc coating flaking off. I was told its normal but its been about a month and they are rusted like any other uncoated rotor would be. Finally, while you are prompt with your responses on the customer service end, just like in this post your responses come off as "oh well take it or leave it" pretty much. At least this is what I am gleaning from what I've experienced. While this may be fine for you, it's not something that can be appreciated by someone who worked hard and saved for upgrades to their car, then bought what was considered to be the best based on your customization options. But honestly what good are the options if you can't deliver them?? You can keep the "enjoy the only 3 patterns the competition offers" attitude as well because clearly you deal in customers with money to burn and little interest in the actual final product because your QC is lax at best.
floored4door (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

^ see what I mean here!? ignored email? lied to? ...really?
NO, we simply didn't receive it. period...why would then reply right away to the second email? what's that achieve?
this is YOU speculated and over-exaggerating.
these little jabs are unnecessary...

our packing isn't the issue...they are heavy, awkward, and very expensive to ship.
mishandling is always an issue and we do our best to avoid it, yet out of our hands...we're always looking and improving packing.

can't speak on the particular zinc issue, but I'm sure we offered you a partial discount...
to add zinc only remain on the NON-pad contact areas. the face of the rotor will of course wear silver instantly upon the initial bedding process after install from friction but the remainder of the rotor protected.
the faces will always rust, but are turned off right when the brakes are applied.

finally there is no attitude...we're just normal car guys like anyone else and talk direct & too the point.
we spare the corporate speak & typical industry jargon & candy coated bagged replies.
we're enthusiast, who started this business as one and remain in the industry as a user and a manufacture like any other joe-shmo.
pople aren't used to that, nor are they with those who can play the back and fourth and are happy to respond in threads & emails as the comments were initially given.
with that said, we never intent to offend, so if that has happened here or there, we of course apologize.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Lets keep it clean and level headed in here guys.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:23 PM
1999 4at

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by adamsrotors
...our packing isn't the issue...they are heavy, awkward, and very expensive to ship.
mishandling is always an issue and we do our best to avoid it, yet out of our hands...we're always looking and improving packing. ...
i work at UPS ... and i can tell you with on hands every day handling of over 4-6000 packages, that we see soooo many packages come through that are falling apart that are clearly way way under-packaged for what they are, mostly with heavy & irregularly shaped items. some of them literally begin to fall apart the moment they are placed onto the truck if they are a pickup, or as soon as they are off-loaded onto the sorting belts from either a package car or a 52' trailer coming from another hub. and with the item in question here, rotors, they need to be packed extremely well in order to not have the box fall apart from normal handling. first wrapped in brown paper, then fit into a heavy duty box to where they are not moving around at all with more of the brown paper used to reinforce non-movement, then that sealed box placed into another heavy duty box with packing peanuts or something of that nature now assuring the internal box with the rotor inside is not moving around inside of this box. it then needs industrial strength packaging tape placed around the box & its corners. anything less will quite possibly fall apart & bust open. i see brake rotors at least a few times a week bust out of their light duty, thin & poorly packaged boxes.
if packaged properly, even a degree of unforeseen sometimes unavoidable mishandling or an accidental dropage would still not bust open this package. i cant specifically speak for usps or fedex, but knowing some of their drivers i can tell you its all the same inside of the shipment warehouses.
floored4door (07-12-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

skwid, so to reiterate, you're saying that a piece of foam, some newspaper, and flat rate boxes are not sufficient for 2 rotors per box??
Old 07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
1999 4at

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeDave
skwid, so to reiterate, you're saying that a piece of foam, some newspaper, and flat rate boxes are not sufficient for 2 rotors per box??
haha ...seriously i would say it is 200% insufficient, to say the least my friend, no joke! absolutely horrible. for any merchant to believe a heavy, oddly shaped item , in this case a rotor, would arrive undamaged &/or with at least damaged/torn/destroyed packaging, packaged in that manner, is just being cheap & irresponsible as a merchant/business. ... Soooo many packages we see it's just like "really???" - to where there is no other explanation other than the shipper does not possess common sense, or seemingly does not care about the items they are shipping.
... & in your case, the flat rate box says it all! i see the merchant states "these things are expensive to ship", but they are using flat rate boxes which up to 70 lbs cost the same to ship an item that is 1 pound! That being said, they would be fine if packaged how i explained in my previous post

Last edited by skwidstyle2; 07-12-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by robpp
i have a full set of double slotted on my tsx for about 5K miles. all good.

Are double slotted rotors better than drilled and slotted?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

^ drilling does nothing for performance, as new age street pads do not create the pad gasses drilling was first designed to dissipated.

slotting is a great way to keep rotors cooler when pushed to the limits on canyon runs and autocross scenarios.
they also help avoid glazing.

for the full benefits tho, you should always pair with a quality performance pad based on your needs and even a stainless braided line swap with good fluid.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by adamsrotors
^ drilling does nothing for performance, as new age street pads do not create the pad gasses drilling was first designed to dissipated.

slotting is a great way to keep rotors cooler when pushed to the limits on canyon runs and autocross scenarios.
they also help avoid glazing.

for the full benefits tho, you should always pair with a quality performance pad based on your needs and even a stainless braided line swap with good fluid.

Good info man and fantastic website thanks
adamsrotors (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
Sadly I haven't seen Slotted rotors that don't accumulate crap on them... Specially when Kevlar Pads leave so much dust and get trapped into the Slot. Drilled on the other hand also helps lower the Brake Pad Temperature (Performance Gain) as well as the Slotted but it doesn't accumulate crap on it.

Lower Brake Pad Temp = Better Braking = Performance Gain.
I don't see how the slots help lower the Disc Internal Temp, Its all about lowering the brake pad temp to reduce fade and increase bite.

Soooo... Its drilled all the way for me.. Ill never go back to slotted of any brand.

Last edited by Skirmich; 07-14-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Skirmich
Sadly I haven't seen Slotted rotors that don't accumulate crap on them...
that's irrelevant...that "crap" is just brake dust has no ill effect and is always being burn out of the slots.
the same exact thing happens with dimples & drill holes.

side note; any softer, high performance pad creates more dust, more sound, and requires more warm-up.
this is the trade-off on street cars...you can't have your cake & eat it to.

Originally Posted by Skirmich
Lower Brake Pad Temp = Better Braking = Performance Gain.
I don't see how the slots help lower the Disc Internal Temp, Its all about lowering the brake pad temp to reduce fade and increase bite.
slots dissipate the rotor's heat of course...it's equally as important.
super hot rotor and cooler pads temps will creating glazing...something slotting also helps avoid.
and yes better pads help here too, hence our mention of needing to pair your slotted rotors with a good pad as well.

---

more than BOTH of these concerns, is fluid temps...also why I mention high performance fluid and braided lines.
this will help avoid brake fade in combination with the above.