Weird noise when i turn on A/C HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005 | 04:18 PM
Future JDM Whore

Weird noise when i turn on A/C HELP!!!!!

today i was driving and i turned on my A/C and it came on normal and was fine.....then i turned it off for a while and when i turned it back on i heard a loud cluttering noise which was the A/C fan because everytime i turned up the speed on the fan the noise sped up and got louder also.......does anyone have any idea what it could be.....i mean it sounds like something is stuck in the fan but i doubt that any ideas
Old 08-01-2005 | 04:27 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Mine is also doing this, but it's still under warranty. This and random "SIDE AIRBAG OFF" warnings (with empty passenger seat) will be addressed next dealer visit.
Old 08-01-2005 | 04:32 PM
Instructor

I have seen before on my vehicles where a leaf of peice of pine straw, etc has gotten into the system. It makes a noise as the baldes pass over the peice of debris. I would recommend pulling the fan and seeing if it does in fact have something stuck in it. I haven't done it in this car before but I have done it in about 3 other kinds and it was never very difficult and involved about 3-4 screws best i remember.

Maybe someone else could offer more....
Old 08-01-2005 | 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

i agree^^^^ if ti gets louder with the fan speed its got to be something in the fan area or a bad fan. try pulling the filters out and see if you can see any thing in there that would be causing it and see if the sound is coming from in there with the filters out
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:17 PM
Future JDM Whore

can you tell me exactly where the filter is and how to get to it thanks guys im not too familiar with everything about the car yet im still learning
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:22 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Mine doesn't get louder, it's consistent.
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Da_iLLeZt_TL973
can you tell me exactly where the filter is and how to get to it thanks guys im not too familiar with everything about the car yet im still learning
remove teh glovebox its behind there
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:31 PM
Future JDM Whore

thanks alot fellas for all the help.....fsttyms your always a big help to me u always seem to save the day lol thanks bro
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

thanks alot fellas for all the help.....fsttyms your always a big help to me u always seem to save the day lol thanks bro
here is a link to changing them which will help you get to them

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=cabin+filters
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:44 PM
Future JDM Whore

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
here is a link to changing them which will help you get to them

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=cabin+filters

thanks man your a big help im gonna go get this done ill let you guys know what the turn out was ill be back as soon as im done thanksssssssss
Old 08-01-2005 | 10:41 PM
Drifting

go to acura parts department and ask for AC filters, it'll run you 11 bucks for them. you need two though (thats how much is in our cars). change out the filters and remember to clean the little bracket that holds the filter too. remember to put them in right, match it up with the slots.

another thing that helps with this is cleaning out the front radiator fan. take a high pressure hose and just water down that whole front radiator. try to get all those leaves and debris out of there. i wouldnt be surprised if you even see little candy wrappers. once thats set, its going to be super quiet and your AC will be blasting out cold air again like when you first bought your car!

i had the same problem last week and now im loving how clean and quiet the air is inside the cabin now. i have a 99TL so yeah it was just really nasty when i pulled out the filters and cleaned out the radiators.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:58 AM
Future JDM Whore

Originally Posted by aaronnn
go to acura parts department and ask for AC filters, it'll run you 11 bucks for them. you need two though (thats how much is in our cars). change out the filters and remember to clean the little bracket that holds the filter too. remember to put them in right, match it up with the slots.

another thing that helps with this is cleaning out the front radiator fan. take a high pressure hose and just water down that whole front radiator. try to get all those leaves and debris out of there. i wouldnt be surprised if you even see little candy wrappers. once thats set, its going to be super quiet and your AC will be blasting out cold air again like when you first bought your car!

i had the same problem last week and now im loving how clean and quiet the air is inside the cabin now. i have a 99TL so yeah it was just really nasty when i pulled out the filters and cleaned out the radiators.

cool but do you still hear that noise in the engine bay when you turn on your A/C its like a humming noice and then when you stop at a light and your foot is on the break you can feel the vibration but only when the A/C is on????....does it blow out hard and cold like it used to or is it just quieter??
Old 08-02-2005 | 07:14 PM
Intermediate

I have a different issue with my AC. Occasionally the first 5 - 10 minutes I started the engine, the AC start making a gurgle noise. Anyone has similar issue?
Old 08-02-2005 | 07:18 PM
Intermediate

Also, some time (less frequently), I can't turn off the AC. But looks like there's a work around it I need to adjust the temperature then I can turn the AC off. Sometimes, it even shows C degree instead of F.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:24 PM
Drifting

cool but do you still hear that noise in the engine bay when you turn on your A/C its like a humming noice and then when you stop at a light and your foot is on the break you can feel the vibration but only when the A/C is on????....does it blow out hard and cold like it used to or is it just quieter??
that vibration when you have your AC on is NORMAL. because your engine is powering the radiator for the AC to kick in. thats why when people race, they turn off their AC's to get full power of the engine. another thing, its a normal thing for our cars to have a slight jerk while your just standing on the red light. i get that too.

bdarmawan: yes, that is also normal. it will have the effect because the fans kick on and that sound you get is the fans pulling in air to cool the engine. plus with the AC on its working two fans, which causes alot of noise under the hood plus the fan cooling the engine block. its very normal especially under these hot weathers.

havent you guys gone to Acura meets and seen TL's with their engine running? theyre all the same. dont worry about it, its all normal.

i have exhausts and guess what? when my AC kicks in and my car is in Park, the exhausts make these farting noises since the ac works the engine and that pushes more air through the pipes. hahahaha its pretty funny.
Old 08-04-2005 | 10:47 AM
02 TL-s WDP

wasup aarron? can you pick up your phone calls please. Its jigar. Ineed the kit that you said that cost $250 aigh let me know.