Is there a way to put together a sticky post that can compare aftermarket exh systems

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to put together a sticky post that can compare aftermarket exh systems

Hello all,
Im about to purchase a catback exhaust for my TL.. Ive been searching this site for at least 2 weeks trying to find a system that will be slightly louder than a Comptech system.
My question is can a sticky post be created that would tell everybody what exhaust system is the quietest to the most obnoxious? I really like the G35 sound but I would hate to hear a constant droonninngg sound when I take my 500 mile vacation trips to N. Carolina every year. So what do you guys think? We need something simple (maybe a listing) that can tell everyone everything in a matter of minutes instead of weeks of searching and still coming up short on something as simple as who makes the second most quietest system (after comptech).
Thanx,
Corey from Jersey
Old 06-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Comptech Freak

try the Apexi WS, if you want sth louder Neuspeed would be better
Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
try the Apexi WS, if you want sth louder Neuspeed would be better
They sound exactly the same..... Don't know what you are talking about... Both louder than comptechs.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
the best is comptech. period. you get great flexability with them. if its not loud enough you can have a different resonator put in. then you can buy the QUIET tip inserts to make long drives comfortable
Old 06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 99 silver tl
Hello all,
Im about to purchase a catback exhaust for my TL.. Ive been searching this site for at least 2 weeks trying to find a system that will be slightly louder than a Comptech system.
My question is can a sticky post be created that would tell everybody what exhaust system is the quietest to the most obnoxious? I really like the G35 sound but I would hate to hear a constant droonninngg sound when I take my 500 mile vacation trips to N. Carolina every year. So what do you guys think? We need something simple (maybe a listing) that can tell everyone everything in a matter of minutes instead of weeks of searching and still coming up short on something as simple as who makes the second most quietest system (after comptech).
Thanx,
Corey from Jersey
Apexi WS sound like a louder and more agressive G35 exhaust, but you'll be hearing humming noises on highways..
Old 06-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Cruisin'

Thanx for the input. I thought of this at work today , what if at the next TL meet everybody could get together and maybe record the various exhaust systems on the market for our cars. Maybe somebody else could do a comparison of the different exhaust systems sounds with the various mods to the exhaust that are common such as a: A Comptech catback system with the big resonator removed would be louder than a unmodified system, another example would be the Apex with a larger resonator or maybe the 22" & 14" resonators together on the same B pipe. Maybe thats it! Any aftermarket system modified with the large resonator (22-25inches) in addition too the 14" resonator. That might be the sound that would be the new HOT-NESS! Has anyone modified a system with two resonators from different companies?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
dude your looking into it too deap. most of the different systems have been recorded in 1 way or another. we cant really telly wether or not its going to be to loud or not. what is for one may not be for the other. there are a million threads on this and every one has their opinion. most are going with the custom magnaflow due to less cost and similar sound to the comptech. with them you can taylor the sound with different size resonators. you can here the comptechs with out the resonators in my videos

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=188&pid=33142

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=188&pid=35567

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=188&pid=35568

compilation

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=188&pid=38660
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Cruisin'

Comptechs are cool but the price is not realistic for a single exhaust to dual muffler setup. Why would any company want to charge $4-500 dollars for a resonator pipe . Its only tubing and resonators, where is all the extra cost coming from?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
the premium that comptech's charge because supposedly they work with acura cars or something. i dont really believe much in that.. so many comptech replica's out there that works the same and does the same, just that there's more credibility..

i rather just stick with magnaflows (which i am doing) and just gonna experiment with different resonators.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:26 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Here ya go , you can thank me later.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105496
Old 06-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Cruisin'

Thanx Jack, great post but I read that about a week ago. It still doesnt compare all of the exhaust out there back to back the way that a Sticky could. As I said before maybe the next meet when there are a bunch of TL out there showing off their stuff. Maybe a person with one digital camcorder can make up a couple of jpeg small movie Clips. The person will have to stand in about the same position behind each car so that it can be a really nice comparison at idle and while reving. After all of the video & sound is captured everything could be listen to and posted.
Thanx for all the comments,
Corey