System installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
System installed!!

Whats up guy this past wekeend i got my system installed, i got a clarion motorzied 7" touch screen put in, 2 6" widescreen tvs in the visors, 2 6" screens in the headrest, a 2000w volfenhag 2 channel amp, 2 12" audiobahn competition subs, a nice capacitator, and a whelen strobe kit.

The system sounds amazing, the stock speakers work great with this headunit, i was amazed, the subs hit nice too, and dont drown out all of the mids an highs, i will post pics as soon as i get them.

Oh i also through in a crystal clear xbox,mounted behind the armrest in the backseat, with 2 clear wireless controllers, wireless controllers work great, no more wires to mess with.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't post here without pics!!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
that sounds amazing, but I cant imagine the stock speakers...without any tweeters even keep up at all. you should replace them and your system will really come alive.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 PM
TLStar

can anyone recommend door speakers that can replace the stock w/o having to change the HU and/or getting an amp for them? is this possible? and are the wiring harnesses going to have to be changed?

thanks!!
Old 10-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Burning Brakes

No pictures...? for that install? I would have documented step by step if I was you. I call BS on this one.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

stiletto get off my ass, BS? ok w8 til i get home n take pics

o n btw, the stock speakers hang with the system, i am amazed, i def wanna get some tweeters or something, the only problem is at almost max volume the stock speakers distort a little bit, what are good aftermarket speakers that would fit?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard the Polk Audio DX6 are good speakers, and good replacements for our stock speakers. They are available in 6.5" (stock size) so they should be a direct swap, and have no fitment issues.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by hansgovil

o n btw, the stock speakers hang with the system, i am amazed, i def wanna get some tweeters or something, the only problem is at almost max volume the stock speakers distort a little bit, what are good aftermarket speakers that would fit?
I would go with something higher end than the Polk...I personally love the sound of the Focal's and I can play them as loud as I want with perfect sound all the way.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with MB Quart 6.5 2way in all four doors and mounted my tweeters right behind the both mirrors.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ou sig
I would go with something higher end than the Polk...I personally love the sound of the Focal's and I can play them as loud as I want with perfect sound all the way.
Can you give more info as to where you purchased the system, total cost, and how much it cost for the install (unless you installed it yourself???)

let us know...

I might be interested in overhauling my stock system. Definitely want to replace the stock speakers with something a little higher end, and a good sub should do the trick...all complimented by a sweet amp...

any suggestions???
Old 10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by sc354
Can you give more info as to where you purchased the system, total cost, and how much it cost for the install (unless you installed it yourself???)

let us know...

I might be interested in overhauling my stock system. Definitely want to replace the stock speakers with something a little higher end, and a good sub should do the trick...all complimented by a sweet amp...

any suggestions???

I purchased some off Ebay and the rest from the shop that installed everything - got a real good deal on everything.

here is a link to a very good shop that caries Focal...I dont know of many that do.

http://cartoys.com/cartoys/showprod....group_id=20009

As you can see they are expensive, but I got mine off Ebay for that reason and everything else from the local shop.

Install prices varied from "We cant do it" to $900 (Tweeter). I finally found a place in OKC (Midwest City actually) and the owner has an '03 Type S, so they were very comfortable with my car. I got a very good deal on the install...everything and the box for $570. I also got good prices on the subs, amps and wire from them. Oh ya I got the deck from Crutchfield.

Any more questions PM me. I could go on forever.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:27 PM
1 B3AKOHE

Originally Posted by ou sig
I purchased some off Ebay and the rest from the shop that installed everything - got a real good deal on everything.

here is a link to a very good shop that caries Focal...I dont know of many that do.

http://cartoys.com/cartoys/showprod....group_id=20009

As you can see they are expensive, but I got mine off Ebay for that reason and everything else from the local shop.

Install prices varied from "We cant do it" to $900 (Tweeter). I finally found a place in OKC (Midwest City actually) and the owner has an '03 Type S, so they were very comfortable with my car. I got a very good deal on the install...everything and the box for $570. I also got good prices on the subs, amps and wire from them. Oh ya I got the deck from Crutchfield.

Any more questions PM me. I could go on forever.

MMMMM I love focal speakers. I had a great custom system before I sold it off. Man focals are like whoa
Old 10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
pics first, thread second
Old 10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey Ousig...

how much did you pay for your focals??? They look mighty expensive on that site...So from the looks of it, i would get two full systems, which each would give me 1 speaker and 1 tweeter. I would need two of those for the front. So that's 2k USD for the two in the front, then 419.95 x 2 for the rears???

Am I confused, or are these speakers just mighty expensive because of the quality???
Old 10-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Ttiuwp

stiletto get off my ass, BS? ok w8 til i get home n take pics..
Soooooooooo..... are you out of town or something? How long does it take you to get home?

Peace, bro' no need to get all uptight about it. I mean, only the truth hurts, right. Just post some pictures of the install if you got them.

Oh... and I forgot, Congrats, man.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by sc354
Hey Ousig...

how much did you pay for your focals??? They look mighty expensive on that site...So from the looks of it, i would get two full systems, which each would give me 1 speaker and 1 tweeter. I would need two of those for the front. So that's 2k USD for the two in the front, then 419.95 x 2 for the rears???

Am I confused, or are these speakers just mighty expensive because of the quality???

Ummm that price is for the pair...so $1K USD for front and back (four component sets). But yes they are very high quality. Some of their home audio speakers cost nearly $10K USD!
You can get them off Ebay for around $300 shipped for the pair
just search for "Focal slim" or "Focal component"
The "slim" is another thing. They make a slim line is the line that I have. I got these just to make sure they will fit in our doors cause you cant fit a deep speaker in.

here is their website http://www.focal.tm.fr/
So you can look around if you want.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stiletto
Soooooooooo..... are you out of town or something? How long does it take you to get home?

Peace, bro' no need to get all uptight about it. I mean, only the truth hurts, right. Just post some pictures of the install if you got them.

Oh... and I forgot, Congrats, man.
your right, ill post pics when i have time, shit gotta make that money to support the TL, lol