ORDERED TL-S 6Speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by dcdomain:
Another Jersey resident here looking to buy the TL Type S. Michael, how many preorders have you taken already? Since it looks as though it will be limited, I'm still trying to see if I can get it right when it comes out (if I do, I should preorder now), but it looks as though I have to wait till around Thanksgiving (when my lease for my current car ends). It should be around $34,000 with navi right?
You don't have to pre-order it yet, we'll see how it goes.. Some people want to order now to guarantee their color, and to be the first on the block... And that price sounds right maybe less... I will post info as it's released...
Michael

Old 12-07-2000, 10:03 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone confirm white diamond pearl as a color of choice in TL-S?

I want it to feel like a sports seden but look like a family seden. No ricing for moi

Anyone know if the paint quality would be increased to that of a MDX?

Old 12-07-2000, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by FlyingPig:

I want it to feel like a sports seden but look like a family seden. No ricing for moi

White Diamond is available with Ebony or Parchment interior, and no MSRP's yet. Should be $31,000-$32,000.
Michael
Old 12-07-2000, 10:42 AM

White Diamond is available for The TL-S, with an Ebony interior or Parchment interior.
No MSRP's Yet, but figure $31,000-$32,000.
Michael

Old 12-07-2000, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by RAdams:
Anyone know if along with the 6-disc in-dash changer we lose the subwoofer and get the 6-speaker system like the CL? I kinda prefer the TL's speaker/subwoofer setup as it is...

No confirmation of stereo setup, but I would guess it remains with the subwoofer setup + in dash 6 cd/changer, and memmory seats...
Michael
Old 12-07-2000, 01:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wow... thanks for the speedy reply Michael. As you may have guessed, I'm more or less salivating in anticipation for the arrival of this car. I think I speak for everyone here when I say Thank You for all the information you've provided thus far.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
Old 12-07-2000, 01:55 PM
Instructor

As RAdams said thanks for all of the info Michael. If I lived in New Jersey I would go to your dealership to get my next Acura. You seem to very nice and informative.

------------------
99 Silver TL, Navi, Foglights,
Looking for 18s, Scratch that
I'm getting a TL-S
Old 12-07-2000, 04:33 PM
Racer

Thanks for the info
Do you know if the "wood" is going to be burlwood or the black marble thingy like on cl-s?
Old 12-07-2000, 05:33 PM

Wow... thanks for the speedy reply Michael. As you may have guessed, I'm more or less salivating in anticipation for the arrival of this car. I think I speak for everyone here when I say Thank You for all the information you've provided thus far.

RAdams,
Thank you for your kind words and you're all welcome I enjoy it as much as you guys do.
Michael

Old 12-07-2000, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by tshields2:
As RAdams said thanks for all of the info Michael. If I lived in New Jersey I would go to your dealership to get my next Acura. You seem to very nice and informative.

Thank you for your nice words as well as the rest of you guys. If I can help you down the road I will.
Michael
Old 12-07-2000, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the info
Do you know if the "wood" is going to be burlwood or the black marble thingy like on cl-s?
Ok here's the scoop... Always burlwood with Parchment interior on CL-S's, but always burlwood on CL's...And....There's a rumor of carbon fibre to replace the marble bowling ball interior in the ebony interior
Old 12-07-2000, 11:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Question

Anyone know if along with the 6-disc in-dash changer we lose the subwoofer and get the 6-speaker system like the CL? I kinda prefer the TL's speaker/subwoofer setup as it is...

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
Old 12-08-2000, 01:29 PM
Racer

The fake marble bowling trim is not very nice.
I hope I can get it something else....if not, I'd rather go with parchment.
Old 12-08-2000, 03:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

I hope that they'll put a couple of tweeters in the front.
Old 12-08-2000, 07:33 PM
Race Director

WHAT THE HELL IS A BOWLING TRIM??????

BOWLING BALLS COME IN MANY DIFFERENT COLORS!!!!

WTF!!!

AND TO BE HONEST I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN A BOWLING BALL WITH THAT COLOR SCHEME THAT THE TYPE S WOOD HAS.

Old 12-08-2000, 08:37 PM

Well whatever you want to call it, it didn't do well so... It is destined to disappear......It's being replaced with carbon fibre...
Old 12-08-2000, 11:27 PM
Race Director

marble BOWLING ball??????

EXCUSE ME BUT
I believe its called..

Dark wood-grained trim!!

Old 12-10-2000, 07:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RamseyAcuraGSM:
Well whatever you want to call it, it didn't do well so... It is destined to disappear......It's being replaced with carbon fibre...
Suuweeettt....I wonder if I can retro my 00' TL or better yet trade my explorer in on a TL-S, two in the garage....hmmmmm.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. Soon to have 17" or 18" wheels. Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 12-10-2000, 02:41 PM

Unhappy

I was planning on trading in my Explorer for a type-s. But I dunno- I might wait for the next gen type-S. I'm guessing 2004? I know it's a long wait, but I'm going to go to an urban college next year, and I don't know if I can have a car my first two years, so I won't feel too depressed.

------------------
Old 12-11-2000, 09:14 PM
Racer

Hey Ramsey do you guys have any problems with someone purchasing a car out of state from you?

------------------
2000 Laguana Green / NAVI, Burlwood Shifter, 35% Mirror Tint all over,2 x JL12W6s, Pioneer Premier P920R, MB Quarts Coaxial, PPI 2600.2 and 4400.2 , Pioneer 620 6Disc
My Acura
Old 12-11-2000, 11:57 PM

FYI, I forwarded a request to Acura of Mission Viejo, California requesting information on the 2002 TL Type S. The reply: "We have no information on such a vehicle". Wonderful!!!
NSXER
NSXT
CT Airbox/I/H/E
Dali Sways/Composite Clutch
Old 12-12-2000, 06:03 AM
Instructor

like I said
Said sales reps are content collecting easy checks from booked MDX and TL sales
Others, such as board member Ramsey or my sales rep. stay up to speed and attempt to provide a higher level of customer service and satisfaction
Old 12-14-2000, 12:28 AM

Originally posted by MToker:
Hey Ramsey do you guys have any problems with someone purchasing a car out of state from you?

No problems we do it all the time....
Mike

Old 12-14-2000, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by NSXER:
FYI, I forwarded a request to Acura of Mission Viejo, California requesting information on the 2002 TL Type S. The reply: "We have no information on such a vehicle". Wonderful!!!
NSXER
NSXT
CT Airbox/I/H/E
Dali Sways/Composite Clutch
Not all Acura stores are being honest about the upcoming launch of the '02 TL-S... They are still worrying about selling '01 TL's....
Mike

Old 12-14-2000, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by bombs:
like I said
Said sales reps are content collecting easy checks from booked MDX and TL sales
Others, such as board member Ramsey or my sales rep. stay up to speed and attempt to provide a higher level of customer service and satisfaction
Thanks for the words - Bombs....

Old 12-21-2000, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The bottom line is, if a dealership still still has a lot of '01s in his lot, do you think he's going to tell you anything about the '02 models? It all comes down to $. Why would he do anything to stop getting rid of his inventory?

By the way, I think the dealerships that are providing the '02 info are simply doing good customer services.
Old 12-21-2000, 09:55 AM

great... all this is gonna mean to me is more speeding tickets racing with the TL-s. half of TL owners now that i've seen are like 50+ and female. with the TL-s it's gonna be guys like you. which means it's not gonna be the grandma car, just guys whippin it! gotta start stocking up on my 2001 PBA cards...

------------------
YuppieCL
'01 3.2CL Type S
Satin Silver w/ Navi
-Comptech springs
-35% Llumar tint
-Full nose mask
Old 12-26-2000, 02:36 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

I know the first thing going in my TL-S will be the Valentine One radar detector =). All those drives to school in Pittsburgh, I'll be needing that thing...
Old 12-27-2000, 12:58 PM
Racer

How much do you think starting price would be for a 2002 tl type s?
Old 01-02-2001, 01:46 PM

Guys, I am planning on purchasing the 2001 CL-S in the coming summer. I was wondering if anyone had any sort of info on the 2002 CL-S which is coming out, also before summer hits...If it distinctly looks anything like the above CL-S photos...I'M BUYING IT WITHIN A HEARTBEAT!!
Eiether way though, still will be a proud owner of a CL-S
Old 01-02-2001, 11:10 PM

Cool

Well, yall, I just got home from my local Ac dealer. (sunnyside, in nashua nh) And i was given "what they know"
But heres how it go..
I actually went in, fully intending on laying down $ on a CL-s, like tonight. The sales girl lets me go have a rip again, we come back, and were about to seal the deal. I ask her about the TL and when that is up for a redo cause that is the car that i really want ,but i DIG that 260hp. (i havent actually HEARD anything up until this point).
She indicated to me that there was a TL-s coming, March '01, 5 spd Autoshift, CL-s seats in front, perf leather, 6disc in dash, VSA, and 17" rims and the memory fob system as well.
That is the unofficial word from what "she knows" but said that there was some sort of convention or something later on this month, and she would receive some press on it then.
Odd part is, I am now #3 on the list for this auto, so i guess its not all rumor. From what i can tell it is going to remain autostick as well as the cl-s, and that there are no plans (publicly) anyways to make either one a true 5 spd manual.

Just my $.02 worth...
hope it helps ya!
Hey, if anyone out there gets ANYTHING on this vehicle, ANYWHERE, please email me, I need pics!

Thanks all
~chris

Old 01-05-2001, 02:33 PM

Talking

Wow, after seeing the video and photos I am glad I pre-ordered the TL-S last month. It has (almost) everything I expected and more. I wish that the rear would have been "lifted"--I guess I'll have to get the rear spoiler.

One thing mentioned on the MotorTrend site is a change to reduce road noise. I am very happy about this. When I test drove the TL I was a little surprised about how much noise came into the cabin at freeway speeds--it wasn't really loud, just more noise that I expected.

I'm looking forward to more pix from forum members. Can't wait until March!
Old 01-13-2001, 10:30 PM

My dealer (Austin, TX) says that they won't get the 2002s in until June-July!

They also don't have any info on the 2002 models - and won't take pre-orders... They have some kind of list but there are only two people waiting for the TL-S.

Is there anybody in Texas that has been able to pre-order?
Old 01-24-2001, 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by RamseyAcuraGSM:
I hate to flood you with further questions, but has there been any information released as to whether or not the seat style is changing? (i.e. CL-S seats)

And, of course, as soon as you get MSRP information I'm sure we're all dying to see it...

Thanks for all the info!

No release of info, but we're all hoping for the CL-S Style (Recaro) seats. I think they'd be stupid not to. So I would say confidently it would have the sport seats. Take Care,
Michael

Those seats in the CL-S are the bomb!!!!! They're the next best thing to the NSX in my opinion. I hope they have them, because I'm pretty sure I'm getting a TL-S instead of a CL-S.