Order indiglo gauges now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 05:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't chicken out i paid the money .. now just waiting for it to come.

when ? when ? when ?

------------------
Prashant Patel

2000, Acura TL, Black, Navi, Factory Wood Kit, Rear Spoiler, Playstation 2, 2-5'6" Video Screen in Headrest, 5.1 Sound System from Sherwood,
Tinted, Viper Alaram & Auto Starter. Pics here
http://members.tripod.com/goodbadmas/car/FrameSet.htm
Old 06-20-2001, 06:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

I paid. Let's have some names!
Old 06-20-2001, 07:18 PM
Instructor

names! names! names!

:-)
Old 06-20-2001, 07:20 PM

There is at least 20-25 people who have paid I don't see why we all don't just buy one more set each. Then when all the other scrubs see how phat these gauges are, we can strong arm them and all sell them for double what we paid, therefore our gauges will be free. However this will only work if we all agree to a set price. $160 What do you guys think?

There was 70+ people who were all about it until they had to shell out a measly $80 what is the big deal, half of you guys have spent you money on a lot of dumber s h i t than these awesome gauges.

Finally I feel that this business about Nate running off with our money must stop. Do you really think that with his status on this site, he would really do that. I am sure he is doing the best that he can, especially with all of babies crying over the stupidiest crap, and questions.

THIS IS AN $80 MOD, NOT A $3000 SUPERCHARGER! IT WILL NOT MESS UP YOUR CAR, IT IS NOT HARD TO INSTALL, AND IT IS NOTHING, BUT SOMETHING COOL AND DIFFERENT FOR OUR CARS THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH!

So let me here your feelings fellas!

------------------
2000 3.2TL[*]AEM CAI[*]COMPTECH SPRINGS[*]COMPTECH HEADER[*]CUSTOM BOXTER EXHAUST [*]19" DRONELL TYPE II arriving on the 12th of never![*]WOOD DASH KIT[*]TLS TAILIGHTS[*]WW KIT,MUGEN SPOILER,
CUSTOM GRILLE [*]ICED WITH AUDIOBAHN,
JL, PANASONIC, DVD, PS2.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:22 PM
Instructor

i agree with you 100% Dank! I easily drop $80 on a round of drinks, cmon guys, i thought this group buy would be a hit and I even ordered asap, afraid that i would miss this opportunity. What are you guys waiting for? Even if you save $2 a day, you can afford it by now! Damn i'm pissed. Can't believe it has taken this long and still going? We should already have it by now cruising down the streetz with these phat gauges already!
Old 06-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Racer

I really like the guagues, I am not good at the car stuff. I live in california in san jose is there a shop close to san jose that charge very cheap to install this? if they do, I will buy one of that too. It look so cool. let me know what shop in san jose install this. email me if you found a shop for me thank you.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:54 PM
Drifting

I have absolutely no interest in whether you buy these or not, BUT...

If you're not buying them because you think they will be difficult to install, forget it, place your order! I recently changed my gauges to the 02 Type-S ones and the install is EXTREMELY EASY. It took me around 45 minutes and I went very slow and took my time. Tim's instructions are perfect. There were only (about) 6 screws, 3 clips & 6 plugs to detatch to get to the whole panel... very easy!

I understand that people are concerned with hurting their car, but noone I know is more anal about their car and more worried about things going wrong. If you have NO experience with cars it will be a TINY BIT difficult, but get a friend to watch and make sure you don't break anything and it should be less than a 1 hour, simple install.

As for price, COME ON! Are these the same people putting $1000+ headers for a moderate HP gain, putting $650 exhausts for cosmetic purposes,people putting TV's and Playstation's in their cars, etc etc??

Ok, ignore my part about the cost thing, I'm just ranting, but... JUST PLACE THE ORDER, I'M TIRED OF SEEING THIS TOPIC!!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Old 06-21-2001, 01:59 AM
Ex-Acura Die Hard Veteran

Maybe this is a bad time to ask but any update on the 99s? I guess you guys are having enough trouble trying to get the 00+ gauges.
Old 06-21-2001, 04:05 AM
Safety Car

Dank, your post has been deleted. Tim is a good guy and he is the reason we have somewhere to post about your TL. You're out of line. Email me if you don't think so.

Originally posted by DANK*TL:
Anyway, there is at least 20-25 people who have paid I don't see why we all don't just buy one more set each. Then when all the other scrubs see how phat these gauges are, we can strong arm them and all sell them for double what we paid, therefore our gauges will be free. However this will only work if we all agree to a set price. $160 What do you guys think?
I'd have to guess that not all that paid $80 would be down for this. I would willing and I'd guess maybe half of the 25 orders in would be willing... that puts us at 37+ orders... much closer... we could even EBay the gauges one at a time if we had to. Anyone else like this idea?

It really does bother me so many were in and now that it can happen so many changed their minds. But we will get these eventually, all we can do is continue looking for orders and wait.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:19 PM
Racer

okay okay you guys finally got me...i paid...add me to the list....damn it i said i wasnt gona do this...but look what you guys made me do...MY FIRST MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2001, 12:41 PM
Instructor

I put up a post on the install board asking for instructions on how to do this. I know everyone says its easy, but I'm not so sure. I think that at lot more people would be willing to do it if someone posted the install instructions so that we could read through them and make sure, cause nobody wants to get stuck with gauges they can't install or gauges they messed up during install. I'd be in if i was sure i could do it. Plus, there really hasn't been too many pics of them, and no one's installed them yet, so I'm a little unsure of buying something I really haven't seen yet. If Tim bought the rest up and then offered them for 100 bucks or so then Im pretty sure he'd get rid of them. Good luck guys, get those instructions up and I might be in . . .

------------------
Silver 2000 TL w/
Factory Spoiler
Factory Body Kit
2 10" JL W3's in a HO Box
500.2 Rockford Fosgate Amp
Old 06-21-2001, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SilverStreak2kTL:
I put up a post on the install board asking for instructions on how to do this. I know everyone says its easy, but I'm not so sure. I think that at lot more people would be willing to do it if someone posted the install instructions so that we could read through them and make sure, cause nobody wants to get stuck with gauges they can't install or gauges they messed up during install. I'd be in if i was sure i could do it. Plus, there really hasn't been too many pics of them, and no one's installed them yet, so I'm a little unsure of buying something I really haven't seen yet. If Tim bought the rest up and then offered them for 100 bucks or so then Im pretty sure he'd get rid of them. Good luck guys, get those instructions up and I might be in . . .

As did Acura3200, I installed the TypeS gauges in my car as well. The installation is very strait forward. The instructions created by Tim is exactly what you need to install the gauges. From what the overlay gauges that I've seen, it would be just as easy if not easier, since you do not have to remove the existing gauges but just have insert an overlay.
http://www.acura-tl.com/TL_TypeS_Gauge_install.htm

I belive I said that I was intrested when this idea first came up but once the TypeS gauges was offered, I opted for the that instead. With that said, I apologize.

Old 06-21-2001, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by SilverStreak2kTL:

Tim has already posted instructions with photos for getting to the gauge cluster. You can find it here http://www.acura-tl.com/TL_TypeS_Gauge_install.htm

I have printed out the page and pics and am patiently waiting for my gauge. I might be willing to purchase an additional one, but only if we're very close.

Just Me
Old 06-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Instructor

hmm, that didn't look as easy as everyone said . . . but, if there is anyone in the bay area that would be willing to maybe help me if i run into any problems, i would probably get these gauges. so, anyone? thanks for the instructions too, i didn't see them on the site.

------------------
Silver 2000 TL w/
Factory Spoiler
Factory Body Kit
2 10" JL W3's in a HO Box
500.2 Rockford Fosgate Amp
Old 06-21-2001, 05:38 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by silfa718:
okay okay you guys finally got me...i paid...add me to the list....damn it i said i wasnt gona do this...but look what you guys made me do...MY FIRST MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome aborad
Old 06-21-2001, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

silverstreak2ktl, i'll help you i just install my 2002 tl-s gaug in me car it just told me 20 min. just e-mail if you have any help i live in hayward just 20min from san jose
Old 06-21-2001, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Thanks man, just sent you an email

------------------
Silver 2000 TL w/
  • Factory Spoiler
  • Factory Body Kit
  • 2 10" JL W3's in a HO Box
  • 500.2 Rockford Fosgate Amp
Old 06-21-2001, 08:04 PM
Instructor

by the way, what's the count at now?
Old 06-21-2001, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Nate? how about list all the people who paid, then get a poll on how many are willing to buy 2 sets? I don't know if this is a workable solution but after waiting for almost 2 months, I'm losing patience! I'm willing to buy 2 if everyone agrees and hit the 50 mark asap!
Old 06-25-2001, 01:58 AM
Advanced

Exclamation

Geez if it came down to it, i'd order 5 or 10 extra gauges just to help the cause. I'm sure there are 1000's of other people who have modded TL's that don't even know about this site and want to buy them. Therefore I agree on the ebay idea. Great way to reach millions of people and i'm sure they'd sell in a heartbeat. Just do a search on ebay, there are bunches of indiglo gauges selling at or above $100 bucks.. and with the popularity and rarity of the TL, they might sell for well more than that.

So again, if it comes down to it, count me in for a few extras.

-Ryan

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Black
*Zenetti Crow 18" Chrome Wheels with Nitto 555 225/40/18 tires.
*Comptech Springs
*2002 TL Tails
Old 06-25-2001, 03:36 AM
j83
Pro

Exclamation

its so sad that its been so long that i even forgot i paid for this ever since the deal first came out..
Old 06-25-2001, 03:39 AM
Instructor

yea, i haven't gotten mine yet, but id be willing to get two maybe, if it would make a difference. the thing is, i gotta go back to school in aug, and if i order them now, i might not get them till im gone, and i won't have my car. so, if the count is close, and others agree to get more, then im in for 2.

also, is there anything i could do? since im real close to belmont, could i go over there and check them out or take pictures of them or anything? nate, let me know. anything to speed this thing up.

------------------
Silver 2000 TL w/
  • Factory Spoiler
  • Factory Body Kit
  • 2 10" JL W3's in a HO Box
  • 500.2 Rockford Fosgate Amp
Old 07-02-2001, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

This isn't going to go away. I know there are hundreds of people out there that would buy these damn gauges... where are all of them!?

If any of you guys wants to buy a second set of gauges, please do as it will definitely bring us closer to the 50 we need. I plan on buying a second set next payday (the 15th)! If enough people buy 2 sets we will have our gauges very soon!
Old 07-02-2001, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nate
I have spoke to Brandon at HID Vision, he is a very cool guy. The official order count is 17.

He is almost done with the blueprints of our gauges, then he will send the blueprints and the full gauge cluster (including needles) I have sent him to Taiwan to have them created. So there really is no time for him to send me a test gauge.

However, tomorrow he will be sending me a 96-97 Honda Accord gauge so I can judge its quality. This is what the Honda Accord gauge looks like:

The gauges we are having made for our 2000 and 2001 TLs will have OEM markings and are sure to fit perfectly since I have sent an entire gauge cluster, needles and all, to these people.

More than 50 gauges may be made but if they are the minimum they will go for is $100. $80 shipped is a special group buy price, so take advantage now!
I still don't understand how you'd slide over the needles. I can understand making a hole big enough to slide the long end of the speedo needle in, then once it's nearly center then you push it down (would require some bending and the hole would be a little bigger than the needle due to the little notch pointing the opposite direction of the long end of the needle), but how on earth would you get the thing on with the gas/temp gauge when the needles face each other. Either way you cut it you're going to have to pull those needles off.....
Old 07-02-2001, 03:25 PM
Instructor

Question

What about the speedometer being off, it says 140 and my TL says 160. also what about the RPM's?
Old 07-02-2001, 04:16 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Gosh.....Guys.....Too many questions....
Just order the guage and see it for yourself just like other members do....
Nate hooked us up with great gauge and SNook will give us complete step-by-step instruction... There is nothing to worry about..
You guys think about 80 bucks???
come on....why don't we lose 80 bucks and have opportunity to have nice fancy gauge for our TL????
This is one last chance....
Come on people...
Old 07-02-2001, 07:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by ACTUP
What about the speedometer being off, it says 140 and my TL says 160. also what about the RPM's?
The pics I posted are the same style but NOT THE ACTUAL GAUGES for our cars. The new indiglo gauges will have the exact same markings as your OEM gauges. It comes with 3 different overlays: RPMs, speedometer, and fuel/temp.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by VTEC Animal
I still don't understand how you'd slide over the needles... how on earth would you get the thing on with the gas/temp gauge when the needles face each other. Either way you cut it you're going to have to pull those needles off.....
Nope, just point both needles up and slip it over both needles at the same time. Piece of cake.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:21 PM
Racer

The count on this gauges?

how long will it gonna ship the gauges? what the count on this gauges now?
Old 07-03-2001, 10:36 PM
Racer

Question

Will these gauges fit a 2002 TL-P? If so, I am in. I am also wondering what is the count on the number of orders. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2001, 07:53 AM
Safety Car

Not sure if it will fit the TL-P... you might visit your dealer and physically look for any differences between the TL-P and 00-01 TLs. I'm pretty sure the installation points are going to be the same since the Type S gauges go in 00-01s no problem. Either way, if there are no cosmetic differences, I'm sure you can get them to fit.

The count is about 30. We need more orders people! We've waited so long... get your damned order in and we all will have our gauges!
Old 07-07-2001, 09:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Let's get more orders in people! These are gauges on Robert99b's Eclipse.

Like this, except no backfill. Just the numbers and ticks are indiglo.

Old 07-07-2001, 04:22 PM
Racer

If the TL gauges are like that, then im gonna order them. I hope its the one on the first page. Only red and blue colors and no blue indiglo background.
Old 07-07-2001, 05:34 PM
Instructor

uh, aren't these things REVERSE-indiglo lights? not all the things are backlight, just the numbers and ticks. am i right?
Old 07-07-2001, 07:00 PM
Racer

That is what i am hoping to get. The reverse gauges.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:02 PM
Instructor

yea, i knew that, but for liutang, and for anybody else who thought we were getting the ones in the pic he posted
Old 07-07-2001, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, my bad. Those are the wrong pictures. Reverse indiglo, no backlight. Just trying to stir up interest. Like 2K1NighthawkTL. Help us get to 31, bud.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:09 AM
Racer

I just order mine

How long does it take. I want it too. It look so nice in my car. Ohh I heard you guys say this gauges have the milage to 140 instead of 160 right?
Old 07-08-2001, 05:10 PM
Pro

By the looks of this we wont get our gauges unti next year. i suggest we go on to Plan B if there is not. this has been going on for quite some time now more than 2-3 months already. all of us who paid already deserve to get them and put them on our cars so les go with PLAN B~!!!! what do you guys think?
Old 07-08-2001, 05:14 PM
Racer

Hey guys, I am in for one or even maybe 2 guages if the count reaches 40. Keep us updated NATE.

Quick Reply: Order indiglo gauges now!!!