Need your input on this letter to Acura Corporate..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need your input on this letter to Acura Corporate..

What's up guys. I was just wondering if this is wrong to request from Acura Corporation. I called Customer Care and they wouldn't offer a "good will warranty" on my TL for my Catalytic Converter. I completed all of Acura's recommended service on the TL. I spoke to Layne at Customer Care and he said he wouldn't cover it because I have too many miles on a 99 TL.

Here is a copy of the letter I am sending. Please give me your feedback...Thanks Guys

November 27, 2002

Re: Good Will Warranty Extension
VIN# 19UUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

American Honda Motor Company
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Mr. Koichi Amemiya

I am writing this letter to inform you how disappointed I am in the lack of consideration in a “good will extension” on my 1999 Acura TL. I have spent thousands of dollars on proper maintenance on the vehicle according to Acura’s guidelines. If you care to check with my dealership that I have dealt with feel free to do so at Park Avenue Acura in Maywood, NJ.

The issue at hand is that I just had to replace my Catalytic Converter on my 96,767 mile 1999 Acura TL. I have purchased an Acura Extended Warranty on my vehicle until 100,000 miles or 7 years. I understand that the Cat. Converter is NOT covered on the extended warranty that I have purchased and the original warranty for the Cat. Converter ended at 80,000 miles. I have not used the extended warranty on any major repairs on my TL besides my transmission replacement. I had contacted your Acura Customer Care number at 800-382-2238 and spoke to Layne (Case Manager) today and he explained to me that he would not cover the Catalytic Converter under a “good will extension” to the factory warranty due to high mileage in a short period of time on my TL. I understand that there are no particular SOPs in a good will extension but it is at the discretion of the Case Manager. I feel that I have completed all the necessary recommended maintenance on my TL and purchased an extended warranty to try to cover all my basis and to support all areas of proper maintenance on the vehicle. I feel that the answer I was given by Layne (Case Manager) is totally unacceptable for a customer that investments their money in a vehicle according to your recommended maintenance and Acura can’t even extend one good will warranty extension on my TL. What I would expect from Acura is for them to cover my Catalytic Converter repair expense of $847.01. Enclosed is a copy of my repair work and invoice.

I also would like to add that I have been dealing with Park Avenue Acura for over 3 years and they are by far the BEST SERVICE DEPARTMENT I have ever experienced. Wayne Gruen. (Service Mgr), Tom and Pete (Service Reps) and Jens (Mechanic) are the best in the business. I travel 30 miles just to get my oil change or to due any recommended maintenance on my vehicle because other service departments just don’t cut it.

I look forward in hearing from your company in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration with this issue.

Sincerely,

This people better return my money!!!

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Old 11-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honestly, it's not like it broke for no good reason. you got a good grip of miles and if you understand how the cat works, then it's probably done it's job. considering it did have an 80,000 mile warranty to begin tells you honda is not out to get you...just like them extending the tranny warranty. plus if the extended warranty wouldn't cover it, why would the original one??? if i may ask, why so much? i believe once the original cat gives out, by law, you are able to go wtih any brand. a random technology cat is like $200-something.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Not sure why it was soo much...Park Ave charge that ..maybe it's the dealer's retail?
Old 11-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all they did was replace the cat with a new one? and you didn't pass emissions?

i checked an online acura parts website, and the retail on the cat is almost $1000! their discounted price was close to $800...my god!!!
Old 11-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Dai
Instructor

I think that you shouldn't abbreviate words, such as Cat. & SOP but rather type the whole word out.

Have you owned an acura previously? If so, you may wish to mention that fact and also you might want to say something like this type of 'customer service' puts you off in buying another acura as other car manufacturers would cover the cat, etc. etc. etc.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:55 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Originally posted by Dai
I think that you shouldn't abbreviate words, such as Cat. & SOP but rather type the whole word out.

Have you owned an acura previously? If so, you may wish to mention that fact and also you might want to say something like this type of 'customer service' puts you off in buying another acura as other car manufacturers would cover the cat, etc. etc. etc.
Just out of curiosity, which car manufacturers would cover the cat(alytic converters) after their specified warranty periods are over ?? Cats will deteriate with mileage because of their oxidation functions.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Safety Car

Get one of those high flow cats.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

better yet take the thing off......you live in brooklyn ....im sure u can find someone there that will pass you.