My "StreetEffectz" upgrade, part one

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 05:10 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
My "StreetEffectz" upgrade, part one (w/Pictures!)

I spent 12+ hours at the StreetEffectz home office while Ron and his brother worked on my TL-S to excize the horrible Bose sound from my car.

The first phase of the upgrade consisted of replacing the front door speakers and replacing them with Pioneer PRS Premiun component speakers. This involved installing tweeters on the door panels near the side view mirrors

along with a crossover unit in the door and the main speaker to replace the crappy 1 ohm stock speaker. Installing the PRS speaker required Ron to install a special spacer to allow for the deeper speaker. Once the door was re-installed, the visable difference is nil.

Next, they wired the battery power, and Ron installed a "line converter" to allow the output of the existing head unit (which I wanted to keep) to feed the Pioneer Premium Amp.

All of the wires were marked and tie wrapped, everthing was done meticulously, with out regard for the amount of time it took.

Once in the trunk, Ron fabricated a custom structure to support the amplifier, with all of the wiring totally concealed. All of the custom made mounts were covered with the black carpet material and the damn thing looks awesome!

I know some of you will be disappointed, but I specifically asked for a 8" sub-woofer. I did not want to lose too much trunk space, and at my age, I do not need to attract attention by shaking sidewalks at a stop light (although I wish I could have when I was 18! ). Ron installed the small boxed subwoofer and anchored it under the NAVI so as not to lose the larger trunk space if needed later.

Despite running into a few problems along the way, Ron kept his cool and worked continuously for over 12 hours!!!! without stopping. Even though it was getting to be after 11pm, he took his time and made sure everything was perfect, offering to do even more!

This guy is a true proffesional. He takes his work seriously, and does not cut any corners. He even wore gloves when he installed the chrome cover to the power amp! I cannot reccomend him highly enough to anyone who is looking to use any of his services.

After dealing with so many businesses that want to rush you in and out, not caring if they do thing correctly or not, dealing with StreetEffectz is a revelation.

The next phase of my install will be the replacement of the rear door speakers. At that point, I should be rockin'.

Anyway, USE THIS COMPANY!!! Why trust your car to some idiot at Circus City, Best Fry, or some fly by night car stereo dude?

This guy is legit. He will do a superb job, and no, he is not paying me to say this.

:-jon
Old 08-02-2001, 05:22 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks good! I can't wait to hear it! I will definitely do business w/Ron once I get some extra money.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:37 PM
Banned

no offense ron... but thanks god you dont live by me.. i would be in the poor house.... you do some great work. You have my trust 100%
Old 08-02-2001, 05:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Very nice, aint' nothin like quality craftmanship.
Old 08-02-2001, 08:45 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second what Jon said since my TL is also a satisfied Streeteffectz customer!
Old 08-03-2001, 01:44 PM

Very, very nice. The more installs I see that you've done, the more impressed I am. If I didn't live so far away and didn't have a great relationship with my installer, I'd definitely go to you. I really appreciate the work ethic you've shown. Very impressive.
Old 08-18-2001, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Jon! Glad you like everything. Thanks for making the trip down to us, much appreciated.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments....

So Jon, how do you like the 2nd part of the upgrade????
Old 08-18-2001, 01:56 PM
Instructor

What's the second part of the upgrade?....Inquiring minds want to know. And how much did all the additions cost, including labor?
Old 08-18-2001, 05:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Ron, since there seems to be such a great demand for your services on the west coast maybe you should consider opening up a shop here. Id be the firs one in line to have my tl worked on. I just don't trust anyone else with my baby. If you ever plan on coming to southern cali give me a call and you can come over here and hook me up with some new audio equipment.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey Jon, that's a nice job that Ron did on your TL-S.

Ron also spent a whole lot of time on my TL also, he worked till 3 am on mine, of course he started at about 5 pm.

Jon are u coming to the meet tomorrow?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by StreetEffectz_RENAMED
Hey Jon! Glad you like everything. Thanks for making the trip down to us, much appreciated.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments....

So Jon, how do you like the 2nd part of the upgrade????
Can you give me an idea of how to keep the subwoofer and amp if the head unit is changed? Is the amp for the sub a little black box thing right behind the right back seat on the underside of the trunk, just to the right of the sub?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its the silver box to the left.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
For 1 this thread is almost 5 years old. Probably wont get them to respond.

Some custom wiring will need to be done. You will need to (not sure if the oem amp is low wattage in or high) run either leads off the rear speakers to the input of the oem amp, or take the new HU(if it has them) sub out rca's and custom wire them into the sub amp inputs.

You may get better responces in the audio section of this forum https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
For 1 this thread is almost 5 years old. Probably wont get them to respond.

Some custom wiring will need to be done. You will need to (not sure if the oem amp is low wattage in or high) run either leads off the rear speakers to the input of the oem amp, or take the new HU(if it has them) sub out rca's and custom wire them into the sub amp inputs.

You may get better responces in the audio section of this forum https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22
How did you remove the seats?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daven
Two 10mm bolts under the bottom front edge of the seat, then push the seat cushon backwards with yor knee and lift straight up. The rear seat is held down with two bolts and then you lift it stright up and out to remove. You know, if you are asking this question then maybe its not a good idea you attempt an install. Not being a hard-ass here, just pragmatic... I was a pro audio installer for 15 years so I speak with some authority on the subject.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by daven
this is for an accord, but its the same on the TL

http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_page...d_rearseat.htm
Old 01-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Advanced

all I see a red x's on the pics??
Old 01-14-2006, 11:55 AM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keeping factory sub when adding aftermarket headunit (99' - 03' TL/CL)
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/keeping-factory-sub-when-adding-aftermarket-headunit-99-03-tl-326253/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Removing rear seats

These are suprisingly easy. The trick is to start with the one bolt holding the bottom seat
on. It's located right behind where the seatbelt latches stick out on the driver's side. I
think it's 11mm, and you'll need a socket extension. Pull seatbottom up from front and
remove.

There are three more bolts holding the seatback on. (On the bottom, one on each side,
and one where the other belt latch is mounted.

Slide the seatback up a couple inches and it will come free. This takes a little effort.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ving+rear+deck
Old 01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
so...i have to drive all the way up to new jersey to get my sound stuff straight? ahh, give me a month