More Stolen HID, this time, from a dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005 | 10:37 PM
Advanced

More Stolen HID, this time, from a dealer!

13 Acura HID stolen from a dealership!!

http://www.thewgalchannel.com/automo...09/detail.html
Old 04-05-2005 | 10:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn... new RL's..
you figure they would have incorporated a even higher deterrent on them. like the new TL design.
Old 04-06-2005 | 03:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Those BAD PEOPLE. If I caught them I wouldn't call the police. I'd probably beat the living Volkswagen out of them!

Bastards.
Old 04-06-2005 | 03:27 AM
Type II Coupe

tsk tsk.. I feel sorry for the dealershipp.. their gonna have a hard time selling those cars for their MSRP tag now.. and they still have to repair them.. and 2 are customer cars.. Its a shame to see that RL.. *tears*
Old 04-06-2005 | 03:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AznBalla
tsk tsk.. I feel sorry for the dealershipp.. their gonna have a hard time selling those cars for their MSRP tag now.. and they still have to repair them.. and 2 are customer cars.. Its a shame to see that RL.. *tears*
Don't worry about dealership They have insurance and will be compensated for it and sell the cars at retail price. They will make even more money. They always do Too bad for the cars though.. They look so bad with ripped out lights like that. Some people are just beasts, seriously. I swear if I was to decide, death penalty for stuff like this, then we would see if these morons would try to do it again.
Old 04-06-2005 | 05:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by uncald4
Those BAD PEOPLE. If I caught them I wouldn't call the police. I'd probably beat the living Volkswagen out of them!

Bastards.
HAH, hater!! i just got an 01 jetta!
Old 04-06-2005 | 05:41 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

It's hard to believe someone would be brave enough to steal the lights out of cars off monitored dealer lots. It's also a shame that they're so desperate to have HIDs that they are willing to go to any length to get them. I wanted HIDs years before I got my TL that has them, and never once did stealing some cross my mind.

That said, human life is more valuable than Xenon lights. I don't believe they deserve physical harm and certainly not death because they are stupid. The cars are machines without feelings, and can be repaired or replaced.
Old 04-06-2005 | 08:32 AM
Pleasure Unit

The same thing happened to the dealer where I bought my TL-S from about 3 weeks after i picked mine up - they hit about 7 or 8 2002's (Wayne acura in NJ). This was way back in 2001 and they gated up all the non display cars with a 8 foot fence - the cars for display are under bright lights and under survielance 24/7.

Even worse than the dealer incident was the Lucent incident in which a bunch of thieves drove out to Lucent HQ in western NJ and hit like 25 TLs in one shot. There was zero lot security - real nice considering the hi-tech equipment that is manufactured there (including defense items). The company paid for all damages and put in armed guards very shortly after.
Old 04-06-2005 | 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Stolen headlights makes baby Jesus cry.

Old 04-06-2005 | 11:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfinity
Don't worry about dealership They have insurance and will be compensated for it and sell the cars at retail price. They will make even more money. They always do Too bad for the cars though.. They look so bad with ripped out lights like that. Some people are just beasts, seriously. I swear if I was to decide, death penalty for stuff like this, then we would see if these morons would try to do it again.
Depending on their insurance policies some have higher deductible than others, which could make it not worthwhile to claim.

JQ.
Old 04-06-2005 | 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FFWDGRAPHX
Depending on their insurance policies some have higher deductible than others, which could make it not worthwhile to claim.

JQ.
I doubt they have 100k dollar deductables, the cost of the damage done.
But they would pay less anyways since they're a dealer, but its still a considerable amount in parts alone.
Old 04-06-2005 | 03:50 PM
Instructor

For some reason, this line in the report made me shake my head...

"Two weeks ago, News 8 reported another theft involving taillights of Chevrolet pickup trucks.

Police are not sure if there's a connection between the two cases."
Old 04-06-2005 | 04:34 PM
n3o
Pro

why the hell would anyone steal hid's.....i mean are they universal??? i doubt it but i just think its freaking stupid....thats like stealing a fartcannon off a civic imo
Old 04-06-2005 | 04:48 PM
USMC Butterbars

theives dont want the whole headlight assembly, they are only after the ballasts and bulbs.
Old 04-06-2005 | 07:34 PM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by shimbo519
theives dont want the whole headlight assembly, they are only after the ballasts and bulbs.
true, but while they're at it, who minds making a few extra $$ on the side

BTW MY THOUGHTS ON THIS:
i think its pretty damm sneaky and well planned to bust 13acuras in one night...i'm sure it was a bunch of experienced people...mad props to them organized fucks...i wonder if the dealer has those cars insured

sux for your NY/NJ people...they better stay away from me, 'cause i WILL shoot to kill
Old 04-06-2005 | 07:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by etxxz
sux for your NY/NJ people...they better stay away from me, 'cause i WILL shoot to kill
three unsuccessful attempts on my car's HIDs. one successful stolen taillamp. damage done: a good 350 dollars each time they made an attempt on my headlamps. and for the taillamps i had to buy one off a guy on this forum (99-01) bceause i just needed one quick since i cant really wait on ebay for an 02-03 one, and the body damage is gonna cost me another few hundred.. this is getting really irritating. i need to get out of jersey.
Old 04-06-2005 | 09:52 PM
Advanced

Now the question is: If you walk into this dealership and wanting to buy a brand new RL. Would you consider one of those previously damaged one?

I don't know about you but I wouldn't!
Old 04-06-2005 | 11:35 PM
WDP Is Faster

The fact that the RLs are so goddamn easy to steal now..it's really a turn off in regards to buying the car..you'd think that Acura would be smart enough to create a goddamn better headlight.

For the person who said that these kind of people do not deserve physical harm, I am totally against your saying. These pricks are brave enough to steal shit from other people's belongings. For example, if you're counting your money one day and some guy comes up to you..steals the money from your hand and runs away..., what would you do? I'd definetly kick his ass. These guys are low lifes who have nothing better to do than ruin people's lives and business..and even waste people's time because they have to repair that shit.

reloaded
Old 04-07-2005 | 02:59 AM
2Poor 2Furious

The worse part is the dealer will find suckers to buy those fixed up RLs at the retail price. It's really kinda sad that the stealer will always win in the end, and we always lose.

Oh time to rant! I hate how the media (and maybe the cops) don't know jack. The total damage isn't in the "thousands of dollars." HIDs, hood, bumper, etc is gonna cost a few thousand on each car, so the total damage is prolly closer to a few tens of thousands. And come on, Chevy taillights in a related case? That's like saying a rash of stolen BMWs to be shipped overseas and Hondas to be stripped for parts are related. Ok enough ranting. (Man I sound pissed, but I'm really not!)
Old 04-07-2005 | 05:03 AM
USMC Butterbars

I interpreted the news article differently. They are not comparing the two cars to one another, but the lowlifes that did such acts. Related in the sense that numerous cars were vandalized in a similar manner(ie a carpart was stolen from more than one vehicle). This is similar in saying that a murderer with a specific MO from NY may be related to a murder with that same MO in an investigation in say PA. Does that make sense? Either way, this is fucked up. I hate living in NJ.
Old 04-07-2005 | 06:45 AM
Drifting

Think about this article the next time you find 'a deal' on genuine Acura bulbs or ballasts on Ebay or the next time your favorite garage says they can install genuine Acura bulbs or ballasts for a price far below what a dealer can. While it's obvious, it's still worth saying, these guys are not ripping off 13 cars simply for the joy of stealing. They're doing it because there's a market for them. Someone is buying what these guys are stealing. These people might not know they're stolen, but they sure know they're getting a 'great deal'.
Old 04-07-2005 | 09:46 AM
Pleasure Unit

Supposedly the going rate (according to the police) for TL HID parts on the street is $200.
Old 04-07-2005 | 08:35 PM
Intermediate

Well the only thing that can be taken as a "good thing" is that at least didn't destroy someone's RL on the parking lot that paid a $50k for it. I mean dealership will live after this, but the pain it would cause to an individual is reason why at least they did it from a dealership.

In terms of "death penalty" and harsher penalty in general for crimes is a must. Excuse me but there should be no mercy for any type of crime be it, vandalism, theft, murder etc. The society is way to soft and this is why things like this and even worst things happen.

I'm pretty normal person and never had any problems with the law. I never even though about doing something criminal and my life is peachy. Why should I care if legal system for example accepts the punishment like cutting hands for stealing for example (like in the old times). I know you would say we live in a free society and this would be considered brutal, but hey I don't really give a shit, I won't steal anything or do anything that would harm someone. The only people who should be afraid of this would be the ones that break the law. You know what I mean?
Old 04-07-2005 | 08:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

maybe now that the dealers are being affected by this problem too (as well as TL/RL owners) they will fix the problem once and for all.

Unfortunately it seems that acura will never fix a problem permanently, but now that it happened to their own cars on the lot, they may come out with a fix for all of us...who knows??

I know that nissan did this on the maxima's...why not acura on the TL's???
Old 04-07-2005 | 08:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MikePA
Think about this article the next time you find 'a deal' on genuine Acura bulbs or ballasts on Ebay or the next time your favorite garage says they can install genuine Acura bulbs or ballasts for a price far below what a dealer can. While it's obvious, it's still worth saying, these guys are not ripping off 13 cars simply for the joy of stealing. They're doing it because there's a market for them. Someone is buying what these guys are stealing. These people might not know they're stolen, but they sure know they're getting a 'great deal'.

Very True!!! Or next time when you see one, or 13, on ebay, DON'T BUY THEM!!!
Old 04-07-2005 | 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sc354
maybe now that the dealers are being affected by this problem too (as well as TL/RL owners) they will fix the problem once and for all.
Thats my feeling. When some guy gets his stolen, and insurance covers it, Acura profits, but if the dealers are getting hit, maybe they'd be more motivated to do something.
Old 04-07-2005 | 10:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfinity
I'm pretty normal person and never had any problems with the law. I never even though about doing something criminal and my life is peachy. Why should I care if legal system for example accepts the punishment like cutting hands for stealing for example (like in the old times). I know you would say we live in a free society and this would be considered brutal, but hey I don't really give a shit, I won't steal anything or do anything that would harm someone. The only people who should be afraid of this would be the ones that break the law. You know what I mean?

I know what you mean, and if things were perfect then mabye this wouldn't be a bad idea. But things aren't perfect, if you didn't do shit but are still being convicted (yes, it happens quite often) you don't want your hands chopped off. You want to be in prison where at least you can do appeals n shit like that (well, you would rather be at home on the couch, but of course they can't do that for ALL suspects). Now some people are being released from prison because it was just proved through DNA that they didn't rape anyone 25 years ago.....at least they're free now, and don't have their dicks chopped off. *shudder