I want a refund for my extended warranty...help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 10:36 AM
tea elle

Post I want a refund for my extended warranty...help!

Keyes Acura told me that I will not receive my pro-rated 100K mile warranty refund until the end of the lease. Does this sound right to those of you who know?

The good news is that I will get back 90% of what I paid for it.

My reason for doing this is that my fiance and I have decided not to keep the TL at the end of the lease.

Thanks

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Old 06-13-2001, 02:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can cancel an extended warranty at any time. It does take a few months for the check to come through to you and if you have financed your car they will send the check to the loss payee. Dunno about loans.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

I just recently went to my dealership -Paragon Acura(sucks) and cancelled my extended warranty. Goto the finance department or one of the sales managers. It says that it will be 4-6 weeks before we receive our check. They lied to us in the beginning saying that we gotta get the warranty in order for the loan to be approved. I didn't like that and will never buy anything from them again.
Old 06-13-2001, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your situation at Keyes. I have never had a good experience at Keyes. Whether it be shopping for a car (any of their makes) or buying parts. I can't explain why they are so difficult nor why are they still in business. My only guess is that there are a lot of people out there who don't know the difference of good and bad service.

I traded in my '99 for a new TL-S before 50K. I got a form from the finance department to cancel the extended Honda/Acura warranty. I filled it out and signed it. Mailed it to Honda Finance and received a pro-rated amount in 5 weeks. It was too easy. The dealership was suppose to sign it too, but I went ahead and signed it for them. Just make sure you indicate dealership number who sold you the warranty. Maybe Keyes gave you hard time about it because I think they get a cut out of the warranties they sell.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro

Nothing Keye's Acura does sounds right to me. If you want to cancel now, and they said they will let you, and they've told you how much they are willing to give back to you, why are they making you wait? It sounds like their "sure we'll give you a free Navi DVD update when it comes out" pitch. If you wait, make sure you get the refund promise in writing. I'll bet they are just hoping you blow your factory warranty mileage before then. Either that, or they plan on giving you crap about it when you turn in your car, and use it as a bargaining chip so you will lease another car from them.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:05 AM
tea elle

Thanks for the replies. I got some more info from Keyes. Even though I think I wrote them a check (part of which was for the warranty) when I leased the TL eight months ago, they wrote the contract in a way that built the warranty into my loan. I'm not sure how they did this to me because back then the monthly payment looked like it should...I don't know, it sure seems like they did something "fishy" by making the warranty part of the lease payment but maybe I'm uninformed about some of this stuff.

I've always gotten really good deals on my Acuras...but 2 out of the 3 times that I've purchased them from Keyes it has seemed like something f#@ked up was going on. Even though Keyes was giving me the best deal?!?!

By the way, the reason I got the warranty on a leased vehicle is that we had planned to keep the car after the lease ended. But now we are leaning toward giving it back in two years. I'll get 90% of the $1,000 back.

------------------
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Old 06-14-2001, 04:48 PM
Pro

Question

So what do you plan to get once you trade in the TL?
Old 06-14-2001, 06:06 PM
tea elle

Originally posted by QUIETSTORMMVN_IN:
So what do you plan to get once you trade in the TL?
I'm probably going to end up in a TL-S within the next 6-8 months and my soon-to-be fiance will happily take my TL.

I want to want something nicer but it just aint happening...

BMW 530...I think the car feels heavy, a little sluggish in term of responsiveness and a lot more work to drive around LA all the time. Plus just not as reliable. I think I'm just so used to high-end Japanese sedans.

Lexus GS430...I don't like the looks of that car...never did and probably never will.

Infinity...can you say Maxima?

Audi A-6...the strongest contender but their navigational system is really disappointing.

------------------
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front