Got a speeding ticket...in a school zone

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a speeding ticket...in a school zone

So this morning I'm cruising down my street (school zone) and I'm going 60 km/h in a 40 km/h zone. Anyhow I got stopped, the woman asked me for license and registration. I tried lying to her saying the only reason I was rushing was cause I had a teacher conference at school at 8:20 (the time was 8:16). Anyhow she's like...oh okay don't worry, it won't take long....I was like f*ck (I wish she had said...oh okay go ahead then!!!). So she writes me a ticket and then comes back to my car. She says to me that my Ownership is missing a signature from the owner of the car, and a sticker validating it...she then says..."that's another 220 fine...so I was like, look, my morning is shot as it is, do you mind letting me off the 220 dollar? she was sympathetic and let me off for that...but still gave me the ticket.

what's the worst some of you guys have done...speeding?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Crusin Thur in my MR TSX!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this one.

I was pulled over for use private property to avoid a signal fee was 250.00 with court fees and 3 points on your license. Luckliy I went to court paid the fine and they dropped the points.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Drifting

clocked at 157 on the 401...in the rain...it wasn't fun
Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Pro

Just let it go, if you don`t it will eat you up from the inside out! Everyone makes a mistake from time to time, we are only human. Just think of it as paying taxes, Sin tax, paying for your sins.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

yah I guess you're right...but the thing that bugs me is...it's gonna wreck my whole day....and just wait till my mom finds out...potentially I could lose access to the car...

what should I do?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Pro

Go out and buy her some flowers, she`ll see right thru it , but she have pitty on you! Try it it will work, I have three son`s, I`ve raised, it will work like a charm! Good luck!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

ahh my mom can't be bought out...unless of course I buy her some swarovski...one of those crystal things for her showpiece!!!

anyways...my dad is okay with keeping his mouth shut...for now...but wants me to finally go out and get a job...whatever it's not a big deal...I just hope that cop crashes her car!!!

stupid b*tch she is!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:28 AM
Pro

What goes around comes around!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

damn straight....can't I make a citizens arrest for something? I must say her body odour was quite gruesome....isn't there a law...no smelling or something!!!

j/k guys
Old 09-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Banned

u were speeding and u got a ticket for it. i dont see anything wrong there. just tell your mom before she finds out herself.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tell your mom that you were going 35 in the 30 zone and tell her that the cop was being a real d*ck and clocked you at 40. Then keep going on about how the cop was a d*ck...I'm pretty sure you can think up some juicy stories Anyhow, this worked for me when I clocked at 60 in a 35 zone...told my mom I was really going 40
Old 09-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

if you knew my mom, you would understand why I shouldn't tell her....

she's one of those ppl that are totally irrational. She doesn't care that she's gotten 5 tickets in her years of driving...the only thing that matters is I made a mistake, and she's out to nail me for it.

trust me, I know my mom pretty well...the best way to handle this is keep her from finding out.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Banned

dude, my dad is the same way. stop being such a pu$$y.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

They're pretty agressive with school zones in T.O now. And they usually have no mercy in these areas, I know 'coz I used to do it myself (enforce it I mean). Many zones have cut down limits from 50 kph down to 40. I've even seen some with 30 kph, so even if you're doing 45, you're still 15 over.

Just tell your mom about what happened, and "show remorse and promise not to do it again" (usually works on a judge or a JP).

Use option #2 and plead guilty with an explanation. You may pay the fine but they might let you off the hook with the points. And if you're lucky, they might even suspend (forget about) it.

That's why with the Type-S, I use D3 when in these areas.

Vicman

03 TL Type-S SSM
Old 09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Advanced

I once got a speeding ticket for driving at 62mph on 55. It was a highway and average speed is like 70mph. What a horseshi*
Old 09-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Dude, no offence but you should be gald that you didn't hit a kid going that speed. 60 in a school is fast dude and that is speeding. Kids don't watch traffic most of the time and will just jet out onto traffic. Especially in TO.

As for you mom, yeah you should just come straight. You drove the car and you were speeding so just be honest about it instead of hiding it dude.

My 2 cents worth.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

This almost happened to me yesterday...

I'm the proud new owner of a '99 3.2TL in noble green pearl. I was driving up a road in my hometown yesterday that I rarely travel. My friend and I were listening to Mahler on the Bose and I was quickly accelerating off a stop light (just because I can now), when my friend suddenly said "School zone!" I honestly didn't see the sign until he pointed up to it. And by the time he pointed up to it, there was already a cop in the middle of the road pointing for me to pull over.

She asked me for my driver's license. I handed it over, she pulled out her notepad, and started writing. I was mentally shooting myself for getting a speeding ticket in a school zone on my second day of TL ownership. "I'm sorry I was speeding," I said to her. "I don't come up this road often, and I didn't remember that there was a school here. My friend pointed out the school zone sign, but by the time I saw it you were waving me over." She looked at me, looked back at my driver's license, handed it to me, and wished me a good day. "Um, where's my ticket -- what's the fine?" I asked. "I'm not going to give you a ticket. But if you come flying through here again, I won't have a choice. Just make sure you go 15. And by the way, there's another school zone about half a mile up the road, so watch out." I felt like giving her a hug (all I need is more points on my license and a more expensive insurance policy), but thinking that she might view that as improper, I left.

And then she proceeded to stop traffic for me so that I could pull out. I guess it was my lucky day.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:40 PM
New Life

Speeding in a school zone! sorry man, I like you all but I have no sympathy for you on this one. I have a son and if somebody hurt him because of negligence stand the f... by.
Tell your mom and I hope she have more patience than me on the matter.
Also if a judge gets a hold of you, you'll be lucky if he only yells at you for 1/2 an hour. They have absolutely no time for this behavior.
Ok now that I got that out of my chest, good luck with your mom.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Racer

damn, u lucky bastard :P every now and then theres a cool cop who just might understand the situation and let you off, otehr times u run into one that has nothign better to do but be an ass. last year my roommate got pulled over doing 90 some on I95 and got away with a warning. on the other hand, a friend of mine got a ticket for doing 11 over the limit on 32 where traffic is usually 15-20 over. go figure
Old 09-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

yah...you just got a nice cop...the problem is, she looked at my license, and then said "oakhurst drive" isn't that the next street down from here...I looked down in shame and said "yes" so she was like...well then you should be aware that there is a school zone here...and then starting writing the ticket

anyhow I have a couple of methods of trying to get off the ticket.

Firstly, she caught me going off a speed hump. Because of the side skirt package on my car, there is absolutely no way for me to go more than 30 km/h on it or else I'd rip the bottom of the car off. Secondly, she stopped me about 100 m away from that speed hump. Does anyone in their rightful mind think I could accelerate to 60 that quick? Obviously I did, but I still don't believe I was going that fast.

Secondly, I will ask them to show me proof that the radar did state 60 km/h. Everytime someone is pulled over, it is standard procedure that the cop prints the screen off the radar for proof that I was actually going that speed. if she can't come up with proof from the radar, then usually the case is thrown out.

And lastly, she may not even show up to the court case...which makes things a hell of a lot easier for me since the case is totally dismissed if she doesn't show.

But in the meantime, I got a guy working on the ticket for me to see if he can somehow have the whole thing removed from my record...

hopefully this guy can work some kind of miracle for me and have the whole thing revoked from my record.

pray for me guys!!!

Anyways, this whole thing got me thinking...it's really time at my age (17) to find another job. i quit about 4 months ago from a pretty well paying job, but was sick and tired of *******'s for bosses. I think i want to take on another job, and then eventually save up enough for a car. After driving the TL-S for a couple months, i realized that I definitely want to buy a used TL of some kind. I need something as fast, if not faster than this...oh yah i just got a ticket, I shouldn't be saying that :P

anyways, any ideas on what year to get..???

I'm wondering if the TL-P would feel much slower over the TL-S, or should I spend the extra like 3500 and get the TL-S?

any ideas?