Factory Alpin Head Unit Help with DVD player Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Factory Alpin Head Unit Help with DVD player Install

I have a 2000 TL with NAVI.

Here's what I want to do. I want to keep my factory head unit in place. I'm going to replace all the speakers with 4 new 6.5's and one 10' sub in a box. I'm going to run new speaker wires. I have one mono amp for the sub and another amp for the door speakers.

I also have an Alpine ERA-G320 processor.

Anyway, here's what I want to do... I'm going to install a dvd player or changer and have the display go to the NAVI screen and the sound go through my factory headunit via the CD changer port. I will have to use a connector for the audio but, I have questions if anyone has experience with this.

Does it matter if I use an alpine dvd player like the 5210 with the Ainet cable or can I use any dvd player? If it's a single dvd player i'll try to fit one in the center console. If it's a changer I'll put it in the trunk. I'll have the remote control sensor eye mounted in the a/c vent and the erag display will either be in the sunglass holder or somwhere else. Unless the DVD player will work like a changer does and I can use the factory headunit to control the player? The Alpine 5210 is also touchscreen, I wonder if that will work...

I also have a Pioneer AVC - RGB1 connecter for the video display... I will feed this signal into the navi screen.

I just want the audio to sound good... Does anyone know if the factory hu is 2v or 4 v?

I'm going to have the audio come out of the head unit and feed through the ERA-G320 then to the amps and to the speakers.

Should I even care about the Ainet cable at all... does this cable improve sound?

Blitzsafe said I would need the ALP AUX V.1 to go from Ainet to RCA.
I would need the HON AUX DMX V.1 to go from the RCA to the Factory headunit. Will this even sound good?

He also said something about a KCA 130b?

Help plz.. wtf am I getting into lol