Don't but an Acura in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 03:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Don't but an Acura in Dallas

I feel like I'm going to cry. I used to love my TL, but after numerous visits to service dept and over $500 out-of-pocket, they cannot remedy my problem on my 20,000 mile TL.

There's really too much to write here, but suffice it to say the experience was bad from day one with my TL. I ask myself every day, "why didn't I get the Lexus?"

I hate my car, the dealers and the fact that I've spent my hard-earned money on this car. They make me feel guilty for coming in for my problem even when they can't fix it. They have beaten me down, and they have won. I only hope that I can dissuade potential buyers from buying an Acura.

I'm sure my experience is the exception rather than the rule, but do yourself a favor and speak with people in the waiting room of the Acura service department before you buy an Acura. then go to Lexus and do the same thing.

My $30,000 American-made TL has given me much grief. If you'd care to discuss and are a potential buyer feel free to send me an email at jason_flynn@yahoo.com and I'll elaborate.
Old 07-27-2001, 04:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

what is it with you and lexus?

its too bad you are having problems....but dont go all crazy gomez

what was the problem again? when did it start?
Old 07-27-2001, 04:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Gomez whats the problem with your car?
Why have you paid money out of your pocket if the car is under warranty? Please refresh my memory if you have posted the problem with the car before. I have a few warranty issues or problems that would be covered under warranty. This is arm rest missing screws & I will tell them about seat poping. The seat only did it once unlike other people that have the seat problem. This was just a few months ago that it happend. The seat did it that day on every bump or sharpe turn. It has not done it since then but I will report this to my service department for record. If you had got the Lexus you may have had problems with that car also.
Old 07-27-2001, 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

nevermind, i read your posts.

im guessing the bearings fix didnt fix it?

what about the fact that your running new tires with old..wouldnt that have an effect?
Old 07-27-2001, 04:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Man, they've lied, cursed and been altogether unhelpful. I'm sure my experience is rare but I hate everythi8ng about my car now.

For thirty grand I expect a car that will not wobble on the freeway. they had me replace 2 bent wheels, 2 tires (1 replaced by another tire shop for free), do an alignment and more in hopes of fixing the problem. Of course, we know now that they have no idea what's wrong.

The service manager and asst mgr at the Irving, TX store were pretty cool but got mad when I took it up with the GM on my 4th visit. Man, I don't want problems - I just want my car to work right or get a replacement. It makes me mad when they get all defensive.
Old 07-27-2001, 06:47 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, I know how you feel... My car is more or the less a lemon. It has been okay and trouble free lately, but still... It got problems......

The dealers in Toronto suck, too.

Sometimes I wonder if I should get a Lexus/Bimmer just because they got better service. For me, that's worth it...

I hate attitude, you know...
Old 07-27-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Gomez
For thirty grand I expect a car that will not wobble on the freeway. they had me replace 2 bent wheels, 2 tires (1 replaced by another tire shop for free), do an alignment and more in hopes of fixing the problem. Of course, we know now that they have no idea what's wrong.
Why do you think the bent wheels should have been covered under warranty? Did you bend them or did they bend as a result of this unidentifiable problem you are having? Same with the tires, why did they have to be replaced?

Also, if the new bearings didn't resolve your problem, what was the Service Manager's response? He obviously identified a problem when he diagnosed told you the bearings were shot. Now is he simply shrugging and telling you tough sh!t? If that is the case, if I were you, I'd quit *****ing here, get myself a lawyer, and sue their asses until they either replaced the entire front drivetrain or replaced my car. There's gotta be an attorneys' fee clause in the Magnuson-Moss Act.
Old 07-27-2001, 09:38 PM
Drifting

Maybe you should complain to Acura themselves. You should never put up with abusive dealers! I'm not paying anyone $30k to yell at me when the goods are defective. Go to a different dealer if possible. I agree you should consider hiring a lawyer, but only as a last resort. They're not likely to treat you nicely the next time you have a problem if you sue.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

I can think of a number of things you should/could have done:

1) If you're not satisfied with the dealer that's servicing your car take it to another dealer. I'm sure there's more than one Acura dealer in the DFW Metroplex.

2) Get the General Manager or Owner of the dealership involved.

3) Have an Acura Regional Service Rep meet you at the dealer to drive the car and confirm the problem.

4) Write to Richard Colliver the V.P. of Sales for Acura - he's based in Torrance, CA.

5) Have an independent repair shop find the problem and either fix it or bring their determination to your Acura dealer and have them fix it billing Acura for any costs you incurred.

It sounds as if you've just given up and decided to play the "victim" instead of investing the time and energy to get your problem rectified. I also get the sense that's there's more to this story than you've shared with the board. It's odd that you've bent two wheels and replaced two tires living in DFW where the roads are generally well maintained. I’d love to hear the dealer’s side of the story. And your announcement of your imminent departure from this board was just plain childish. How did you expect people to react on an Acura forum when you make statements like “don’t buy an Acura” and “buy a Lexus instead”?
Old 07-28-2001, 12:00 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BarryH
It sounds as if you've just given up and decided to play the "victim" instead of investing the time and energy to get your problem rectified. I also get the sense that's there's more to this story than you've shared with the board. It's odd that you've bent two wheels and replaced two tires living in DFW where the roads are generally well maintained. I’d love to hear the dealer’s side of the story. And your announcement of your imminent departure from this board was just plain childish. How did you expect people to react on an Acura forum when you make statements like “don’t buy an Acura” and “buy a Lexus instead”?
Barry, well said!
Old 07-28-2001, 12:07 PM
Burning Brakes

If your having so many problems why not just sell the car?
Old 07-30-2001, 05:17 PM
6th Gear

There are 4 Acura dealers in DFW. Bought ours at Vandergriff in Irving, and the experience was very pleasant - Enjoyed dealing with them so much that we kept their dealer license plate frame on!