Can Anyone Please Help!!!!!!!!!!! Cai Install Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Can Anyone Please Help!!!!!!!!!!! Cai Install Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please clarify for me which lettered hose in the picture below where each hose goes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in the middle of this shit, need help. Ive also been trying to take off the hoses and they are really stuck on there. I already took off the clamps but the rubber hose is STUCK on there really really good. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP AND GUIDE ME THROUGH THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
dude, first off chill for a minute. If you would look at the tubes and follow them, it is very obvious what goes where.

You will see 2 tubes (one on the front and one on the back) of the original intake tube that go into it.

letter A and there will be one rubber tube on the back. the new intake will have a rubber fitting that goes on the throttle body that will have 2 identical spots to put the tubes into it. the other ones just stay like they are.

if you look at E - it has nothing to do with the intake, only goes over it - so leave it like that
Old 12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used Linesman pliers to pull the hoses off. Grabbed them with the pliers, moved them side to side and eventually got them off. Mine were pretty tight when I removed them.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
99TL-p 114K

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ou sig
dude, first off chill for a minute. If you would look at the tubes and follow them, it is very obvious what goes where.

You will see 2 tubes (one on the front and one on the back) of the original intake tube that go into it.

letter A and there will be one rubber tube on the back. the new intake will have a rubber fitting that goes on the throttle body that will have 2 identical spots to put the tubes into it. the other ones just stay like they are.

if you look at E - it has nothing to do with the intake, only goes over it - so leave it like that
OK, I UNDERSTAND, in the INJEN instructions, its saying that i have to use this white coupler to connect two coolants lines together. In my picture, which two letters are the hoses that i will be using to connect the two coolant lines together with???????
Old 12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
OK, I UNDERSTAND, in the INJEN instructions, its saying that i have to use this white coupler to connect two coolants lines together. In my picture, which two letters are the hoses that i will be using to connect the two coolant lines together with???????
what year do you have?

well you will NEVER have coolent lines going into the intake tube (for obvious reasons). You see that metal tube that connects to the front of the intake (A) (it has another tube connected below it). Well the bottom line is a coolent line, and if you have a '99 TL, you will have 2 coolent lines going into the stock airbox. you can connect those together with the coupler that they supplied.

here is what the two coolent lines look like when you connect them together (I have a 99 TL) When I had the AEM V2 intake.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:49 PM
99TL-p 114K

Wink

Originally Posted by ou sig
what year do you have?

well you will NEVER have coolent lines going into the intake tube (for obvious reasons). You see that metal tube that connects to the front of the intake (A) (it has another tube connected below it). Well the bottom line is a coolent line, and if you have a '99 TL, you will have 2 coolent lines going into the stock airbox. you can connect those together with the coupler that they supplied.

here is what the two coolent lines look like when you connect them together (I have a 99 TL) When I had the AEM V2 intake.
Hey hold on, i understand what your saying there, but im gona post some pics in 5 min. WAIT PLEASE. I NEED YOUR HELP. Bee right back ok with pics of my DILEMA!!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
This isnt rocket science, Its CAI. Step back Take a breath and relax.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 PM
99TL-p 114K

Exclamation

Idk, im tired of explaining, but heres is what im confused about. At point X, you can two lines connected with that fitting. WHATS DO I DO WITH THAT. THATS CONNECTED TO PART OF THE LINES THAT GO TO THE INTAKE BOX. AND POINT Y, GO FROM THERE TO THE INTAKE BOX. WHAT DO I DO . I DONT KNOW!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Boomer SOONER

ok man...there is a loop that the coolent goes through - out of the engine, to that piece with 2 tubes connected together, down and over to the intake box, and out of that over to the bottom part of the throttle body to complete the loop.

just follow those lines, connect them together somewhere - just make sure the coolent can flow from the engine and back to it.

dont worry about all that shit on the stock air box. there will be two coolent lines on it (one for in and one for out). just unhook both, take out the box and connect the ends of the two lines you have left over (the two that went into the stock air box in the first place) and that will complete the loop so you will be done.

that is the best I can explain it - just look through it carefully and you will see what I mean