BMW dealer is got some shitty attitude!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 05:56 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post BMW dealer is got some shitty attitude!

wanted to test drive some 330 ci or 325 ci today and this guy came up and asked me what's up. I said i would like to know if it's possible to test drive either a 330 or 325 ci. And he said, "do you have a specific model in mind, are you in the market of buying a couple or you just wanna drive some cars?"

Then i said, "i have about $80,000 of cash to spare and you just lost my business" Then took off with my TL....

what's up with that? that's some shitty attitude he's got.
Old 03-17-2001, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's snooty BMW dealers for you. They think they're selling the ultimate driving machines or something. I'd take an Audi S4 over a BMW 3 series anyday.

------------------
'01 TL with Navi
Naples Gold Metallic
Wings West custom 2-leg spoiler wing
Solar Gard Titanium Tint 43 all around.
Acura logo tire valve stem caps.
Old 03-17-2001, 06:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

you shoulda asked the guy to talk to another salesman, then placed your order for an M3.
Old 03-17-2001, 06:07 PM
Burning Brakes

most bmw's dealership are really assholes. when my dad went to order a '00 m5 from a local dealership, we had arrived there. no salesman would greet us (sometimes being asian plays a role in that). he asked a couple of questions and they we're being dick heads saying how not too many people can afford the car and that we can jsut look a drool over it. being the only BMW dealership in this area, my dad went ahead and ordered one. once they found out that he can afford one, they were on their knees. a lot of high caliber cars dealerships are like that though. just show them the money!

btw, i agree with bebber. id rather have a s4 than a 330ci any day.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Lexus_IS300 on March 17, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-17-2001, 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

well, it depends on the dealer, and also on your appearance. I'm sorry to say and i don't agree with it, but if your a young kid coming in dress like a thug it doesn't matter if you got millions, dealers won't take you seriously. I recently picked up my 330ci and when i first went to check it out i didn't even have to ask for a test drive, the salesperson offered and even though i'm only 20 i think he took me seriously because i came in a professional manner and knew i was serious about it.

------------------

'99 Acura 3.2TL Satin Silver
Old 03-17-2001, 09:26 PM
Instructor

I agree SOME BMW sales are assholes, but there is one i know he is actually pretty nice. I went to BMW one day to check out cars, even though the sales knew i have no intention to buy one (cuz my brand new TL is outside the dealership)he was still happy to show me everything and had a test drive... and told me pros and cons about both cars.

MafiosoTL: are you saying none us looks to have the $$$$ and you are the only one who looks to have millions? that was how you got a test drive without asking?? whatever man....
Old 03-17-2001, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Y2K_TL:

MafiosoTL: are you saying none us looks to have the $$$$ and you are the only one who looks to have millions? that was how you got a test drive without asking?? whatever man....
first off get your facts straight, when the hell did i say i looked like i had millions? I never said i was better than this or that. I stated the obvious. Ask anyone, even though its not fair, you get treated how you appear most of the time. do you go into a job interview dressed in shorts and a t-shirt? And I wasn't saying that UW TL appeared like a bum, my statement had nothing to do with anyone else. All I was saying is thats how most people think. so whatever yourself...

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by MafiosoTL on March 17, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-17-2001, 10:16 PM
The Doctor

so you meant i looked shitty that's why they reated my like crap? Sorry bro, but I was also in a "professional" manner because I just had a regional dental conference. Perhaps I was way too cool to begin with that's why they thought I shouldn't be buying a BMW, I should be getting a Porche or NSX.

Originally posted by MafiosoTL:
well, it depends on the dealer, and also on your appearance. I'm sorry to say and i don't agree with it, but if your a young kid coming in dress like a thug it doesn't matter if you got millions, dealers won't take you seriously. I recently picked up my 330ci and when i first went to check it out i didn't even have to ask for a test drive, the salesperson offered and even though i'm only 20 i think he took me seriously because i came in a professional manner and knew i was serious about it.
Old 03-17-2001, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by UW TL:
so you meant i looked shitty that's why they reated my like crap? Sorry bro, but I was also in a "professional" manner because I just had a regional dental conference. Perhaps I was way too cool to begin with that's why they thought I shouldn't be buying a BMW, I should be getting a Porche or NSX.

holy shit, first off you people need to stop being so anal. I never mentioned anything about how anyone looked or did. I just said thats why dealers act like they don't care. Learn how to be a comprehensive reader before you open your mouths

------------------

Old 03-17-2001, 10:36 PM
The Doctor

peace, bro

no need to get upset in this virtual reality.

LOL
Old 03-17-2001, 11:51 PM
Drifting

From my overall experience, any of the Euro auto dealers are stuck up. I've had pretty nasty experience with BMW sales people before. They bascially treated my like as if I can't afford the car. As for Audi's, they are pretty bad too. I went in to one Audi dealer when I was shopping for my car, no sales people came over to talk to me. They saw me checking out cars. And I was trying to get someone's help. But they basically just ignored my presence. I got upset and crossed the street, went over to the Acura dealer and bought the TL that I have now.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:47 AM
Instructor

MafiosoTL: alright man, just that you sounded like you were teaching us how to deal with situations like that. You said people get treated from their appearence, and UW TL wasn't treated right so what does that imply?? anyways, that's just my interpretation, if you didn't mean that way then fine.. also, before you tell me to get my facts straight, get your words straight first.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:44 AM
Drifting

it's the salesperson... some are real assholes. when I was purchasing my TL, the first salesperson was a real dick head, I wanted to smash his head so much, but then I just called him and had him give the phone to another salesperson and got my TL. it depends on the salesperson only...

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-18-2001, 08:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats stupid of dealers to be judgemental. I typically wear a pair of jeans and a T-Shirt when I go car shopping. I went to Mercedes and showed up in my business Crown Vic. The salesman treated me with respect as soon I was in the door and a consumate professional throughout. I was considering the E class before my common sense kicked in and told me to get the Acura. The dealer never pre-juged and if I decided on the Merc I would have bought it from him.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

BMW dealer here had a female salesperson come up to me, I was dressed in khackis and a golf shirt, and she let me drive a 5 just like that. I thought the guy salespeople there were snobby, though.

One thing - the saleslady shook my hand when she introduced herself, and the handshake was obviously more firm than her natural shake. I could tell she was trying to present an air of confidence, and that some cheezy sales manager told her to shake hands like that.

BTW, I'm in sales myself, and the "correct" way to shake hands is to squeeze just as hard as the customer does, no more, no less. Just my .05.

Anyone wanna buy some cabling, contract labor, voice/data service, LAN, WAN or phone equipment?

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 03-18-2001, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Well speaking of Salesperson! I think not only Euro cars Sales have their attitude, even Acura's sales have some attitude too! I mean, it's all about if it's a good sales or bad sales....

Same thing as good cops who do their jobs right(letting you do does not mean they are good, but telling you what you did wrong, and give you the right penalties are), and there are bad cops(who eat do-nuts and do nothing but giving out tickets with inaccurate speed).

I am sure everyone in here who bought their car would think their salesman is the best or at least good enuff for you to buy your car from him/her. Thats why they get your business, not others! I think those bad sales will get themself later on, and in a long run, good/bad sales will all show up from how many cars they sold, and the customer survey. Thats why they send you that survey, thats the use for them!

Edward
01 CLP
99 TL
Houston, TX
Old 03-18-2001, 01:11 PM
Pro

I agree with the previous post. I have found fantastic Acura dealerships and also shitty ones. Same situation I would suppose applies to dealerships from other marques. Basically if you are unlucky, you land up in a not-so-good dealership and then you develop a bad impression about that car company. All it comes down to, is the specific dealership.

My pet theory is that if all car companies went to a single price philosophy like Saturn, then people at the dealership (who would not work for a commission), would go out of their way for outstanding customer service.

------------------
2000 Naples Gold 3.2TL/Navi - Factory Stock but with up-graded tires
Old 03-18-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro

BMW an altiment driving Machine?.... mmmmm....I don't think so...

Yesterday's F1 result from Malysia is:
1) Ferrari
2) Ferrari
3) Mercedies-Benz
4) HONDA
5) BMW

and constructor's result:

1) ferrari
2) Mercedies
3) Honda

where is BMW????????
Old 03-18-2001, 02:56 PM
Banned

Better yet Joe where Acura?? I find it so ammusing i frequent 2 BMW boards daily, one of which i moderate and never ever do we get these hater ass posts so y the cryin over here all the time??
Old 03-18-2001, 09:05 PM
Pro

correct me if I am wrong but acura is honda.

Old 03-18-2001, 09:08 PM

It seems to me that most of the folks who frequent this forum are relatively young. (Low to mid 20's.)

If you really want to drive a BMW or any upscale Euro car for comparison here is what I recommend:

1. Do your homework on the car you want to drive. Get the facts and numbers stuck in your head.
2. Go to the dealer of your choice.
3. Be yourself, but not too cocky. (ie. my TL is the best thing going.)
4. Look at the cars on the lot and wait no longer than 10 minutes to be approached by a salesmen. Make sure they see you looking at the cars.
5. Talk to the salesperson for several minutes. (This is a very important step!!) Then ask for a ride.
6. I do not think that anyone that asks straight off for a ride will be taken seriously. And that usually means no ride.

BTW, not all BMW dealers are a$$holes!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:24 PM
The Doctor

thanks for teaching me how to be a "man"

1) I already know a lot about bmw's, no need for homework
2) there is only one dealer in my area
3) I was being myself. I am always myself.
4) I was looking at 330 ci and 325 ci for 5 mins
5) I didn't spend more than a min talking to the sales guy because of what he said

remember, I was dressed professionally and like I said before, he thought I should be getting a NSX instead.

Originally posted by WesBH:
It seems to me that most of the folks who frequent this forum are relatively young. (Low to mid 20's.)

If you really want to drive a BMW or any upscale Euro car for comparison here is what I recommend:

1. Do your homework on the car you want to drive. Get the facts and numbers stuck in your head.
2. Go to the dealer of your choice.
3. Be yourself, but not too cocky. (ie. my TL is the best thing going.)
4. Look at the cars on the lot and wait no longer than 10 minutes to be approached by a salesmen. Make sure they see you looking at the cars.
5. Talk to the salesperson for several minutes. (This is a very important step!!) Then ask for a ride.
6. I do not think that anyone that asks straight off for a ride will be taken seriously. And that usually means no ride.

BTW, not all BMW dealers are a$$holes!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:40 PM
Banned

Rotflmao....remember Joe u said it not me
Old 03-18-2001, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I'll never forget the day I went to this dealership..they sell Honda, Acura, Toyota, Saab, Kia, Mazda, Dodge, etcetc... at the time, I wanted to get the '96 Prelude, leased new..this dude gave me the run around for hours and I still didn't get an estimate of what a lease would cost... Funny enough, as I was walking to his office with him, we passed a Millenia and asked my why i never looked at that,and I made up a story about how I went to an auction and almost got it, but whateva...anyways, he did nothing for me, i walked out with the same knowledge I had walking in, except knowing the dude's an a$$hole.. A week later, guess what? I got a Millenia S from an auction... Went back to the dealership to burn it in his face... after that, I went and burned some more about my TL that i had got, after that, I went again with the Miata that we got! He remembers me, too..I'll make sure he remembers me every time! A$$hole..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-19-2001, 02:15 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well... I am younger then most people here and I had no problem testing drive those Highend cars... BMW 323, 320 (only car they had snow tired and manual tranny) and later the 330.... Audi S4, 1.8T and AllRoad.... The only problem I had was with Subaru.... they won't even let me drive thier Impreza... that was stupid......
Old 03-19-2001, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

most audi places usually dont let u test drive s4, because or the rarity. but there are exceptions...

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima