Blitzsafe for IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Back in a Type S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blitzsafe for IPOD

Just a little note. I just installed my Blitzsafe adapter for my IPOD. I know there has been tons of posts about this, but eveeryone seems to have conflicting info so here is my

-If you are patient you can install the pin connector in the back wtihout removing the enitire center console! (I read that somewhere in here and yes this is true!) All you have to remove is the passenger wood trim and knee panel. You can definitely get to the input that way. The entire install took me about 15 minutes!

-YES this input is there in back of your factory HU even if you have navigation.

-YES you can still use your CD player. Your CD button acts as a switch between your IPOD and your CD player

-YES you can still use your steering wheel controls for the volume, but NO you cannot use your steering wheel controls to forward songs in your IPOD with this particular adapter.

The correct model number for our cars is HON M-LINK DMX V.1 interface

In my opinion this is a much easier install than most think, and Blitzsafe has the best value. I got mine on a site for $75 shipped.

Anyway, I know all of this has been said on many other threads, but there were so many threads with conflicting "facts". So those were my facts and findings. I know how it is to read through all of the threads after doing a search and still saying...HUH? For anyone thinking about doing this...DO IT! You won't be sorry!
The following users liked this post:
Ken1997TL (02-24-2013)
Old 02-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Back in a Type S

BTW...my IPOD sounds great
Old 02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a DIY for this?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Advanced

whats the exact blitsafe website? and thanks for the post
Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Pretty much in his first post tells how to do it
Old 02-24-2006, 01:37 PM
4th Gear

What year TL do you have? I have been interested in this since I first heard about it but wasnt sure I had the right set up for it. I own a 2003 TL w/6 disk changer & no NAV....will this work for me?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by ehehat
What year TL do you have? I have been interested in this since I first heard about it but wasnt sure I had the right set up for it. I own a 2003 TL w/6 disk changer & no NAV....will this work for me?

Yes this will work for you with or without navi.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by cornTL
whats the exact blitsafe website? and thanks for the post
www.blitzsafe.com
Old 02-25-2006, 05:05 PM
10th Gear

http://www.hainesenterprises.com/

Heres a company that sells an interface which allows track selection through the oem radio.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Intermediate

Im selling one of these for 60$ Shipped us only.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Back in a Type S

Now my IPOD mod is almost complete. I decided to take a chance on a KUDA mount for my IPOD. It was a bit pricey ($50) but it looks great and I highly recommend it. Here are some pics. The Bliztsafe wire looks stupid just hanging there right now. I will be mounting that Bliztsafe wire underneath the knee panel soon...it was too damn cold around here today to finish. (it was around -5 with the windchill) Anyway I think this is the best mount solution outside of stowing or hiding it somewhere.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:52 AM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

I also got the blitzsafe, and yes is sounds excellent! I was also able to put the adapter on without taking apart the center console the first time. However, I messed up when I rolled the windows down I didn't turn the car all the way off. Even though the radio was turned off I still had to take the center console apart to unhook the adapter and re plug it in. That turned out not to be too hard at all, and went ahead and took the key out of the ignition when hooking it back up. Took me about 1/2 an hour, about an hour when I figured I might as well do some detailing while everything is apart.

Also, I have the nano and ran the wire from the blitzsafe along the driver side kickpanel so the wire comes out from the kick panel, back beside where the cup holders are. I didn't see a good reason to mount a tiny little nano...

It's very convenient where it is. When I get out of the car, I can just slide it between the seat and the kick panel, and it doesn't look like I even have an auxiliary plugged up.
Very indiscreet, the way I like it
Old 02-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Mons shaver

Originally Posted by bmoreTLS
I also got the blitzsafe, and yes is sounds excellent! I was also able to put the adapter on without taking apart the center console the first time. However, I messed up when I rolled the windows down I didn't turn the car all the way off. Even though the radio was turned off I still had to take the center console apart to unhook the adapter and re plug it in. That turned out not to be too hard at all, and went ahead and took the key out of the ignition when hooking it back up. Took me about 1/2 an hour, about an hour when I figured I might as well do some detailing while everything is apart.

Also, I have the nano and ran the wire from the blitzsafe along the driver side kickpanel so the wire comes out from the kick panel, back beside where the cup holders are. I didn't see a good reason to mount a tiny little nano...

It's very convenient where it is. When I get out of the car, I can just slide it between the seat and the kick panel, and it doesn't look like I even have an auxiliary plugged up.
Very indiscreet, the way I like it
Any pictures of this? I have a Nano and am debating about how to install the blitzsafe wire.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by magnod
Any pictures of this? I have a Nano and am debating about how to install the blitzsafe wire.
I don't have pictures of the install. I do have an pdf that shows how to take the center console apart, and I can take a picture to show you how it looks in my car.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Mons shaver

Yea that would be great I'm more concerned on where the wire will end up. I don't want to install it and then decide I want the wire to run some place else. Does the wire come out from the cup holder area? Or on the side trim of the center console?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 AM
10th Gear

Yeah I could use that PDF of how to take the console apart too.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
10th Gear

http://www.pac-audio.com/

Anybody use this one yet? I bought it and it is supposed to work with your steering wheel controls.. Hvent installed it yet though.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by JackDiesel
Yeah I could use that PDF of how to take the console apart too.
Not a PDF but a great DIY
http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_page...er_console.htm
Old 03-02-2006, 06:41 AM

Here's a link to where you can download the pdf. I still haven't taken the pictures yet, but I haven't forgotten.
It was written for the CL, but the console is almost exactly the same.
www.ngumedia.com/Acura
Old 03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
10th Gear

I just installed an aux-box in my my 2002 tl-s, but it acts wierd. it doesnt toggle between cd and ipod properly, somtimes not at all. Sometimes the steering wheel controls will work and sometimes they wont. Anybody think they can help?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clean install! I have the blitzsafe too and love it. Did your mount come with the black ipod connector? mine is white and i think a black one would stand out a lot less but I'm not sure how to get one
Old 03-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by SSMTL01
clean install! I have the blitzsafe too and love it. Did your mount come with the black ipod connector? mine is white and i think a black one would stand out a lot less but I'm not sure how to get one

You can probably find that part of the adapter in a store... radio hut, bust buys, crooked city...
Old 04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by ProvidenceLeaf
Now my IPOD mod is almost complete. I decided to take a chance on a KUDA mount for my IPOD. It was a bit pricey ($50) but it looks great and I highly recommend it. Here are some pics. The Bliztsafe wire looks stupid just hanging there right now. I will be mounting that Bliztsafe wire underneath the knee panel soon...it was too damn cold around here today to finish. (it was around -5 with the windchill) Anyway I think this is the best mount solution outside of stowing or hiding it somewhere.

Where'd you get the rubber iPod case?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by TlsNavi03
Where'd you get the rubber iPod case?
It's actually leather. It the nicest case I have seen for the IPOD. It's very sturdy and nice looking. Here is the site. You won't be disappointed if you buy this case!

http://www.case-mate.net/ipod-videoleather.html
Old 04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

It's actually leather. It the nicest case I have seen for the IPOD. It's very sturdy and nice looking. Here is the site. You won't be disappointed if you buy this case!

http://www.case-mate.net/ipod-videoleather.html

Thanks man.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by bmoreTLS
Here's a link to where you can download the pdf. I still haven't taken the pictures yet, but I haven't forgotten.
It was written for the CL, but the console is almost exactly the same.
www.ngumedia.com/Acura
Sorry, forgot to mention... pics available at the link...
www.ngumedia.com/Acura
Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
10th Gear

Will this interface work with 1999 Acura 3.2TL with navigation. I have a single-disc CD player with AM/FM radio (factory unit). Will this work with it? I am confused because the following link

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bli...ink1dmxv1.html

says

"NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player."

I am not sure what is the satellite-mounted CD player?! Is it the standard single-disc CD player in the factory unit of 1999 Acura TL with nav?

thanks,
Osho
Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by oshogg
Will this interface work with 1999 Acura 3.2TL with navigation. I have a single-disc CD player with AM/FM radio (factory unit). Will this work with it? I am confused because the following link

says

"NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player.
"

I am not sure what is the satellite-mounted CD player?! Is it the standard single-disc CD player in the factory unit of 1999 Acura TL with nav?

thanks,
Osho
"Compatibility Information:

For Acura: Compatible with 1999-2003 CL, TL, 1999-2001 Integra, 2001-2004 MDX and 2002-2003 RSX.
IS compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
IS compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer. "

You can also check on your own to see if you have an empty connector in the back of your stereo on the passenger side, to verify for yourself...
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Drifting

says

"NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player."

thanks,
Osho

Yes- as long as you dont have the acura cd changer in your trunk this will work
Old 04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by SSMTL01
Yes- as long as you dont have the acura cd changer in your trunk this will work
Just a thought. If you do have a CD changer in the trunk you can unplug it and use that as your AUX input for the Blitzsafe. After you install an IPOD you problably won't ever use the CD changer/player again.

I haven't used my CD player since my Blitzsafe install.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

did u buy the medium mount or the regular mount for the Ipod Video?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by azninvazion
did u buy the medium mount or the regular mount for the Ipod Video?
Medium mount.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Racer

Will this set up work on a 2002 TL-S ???? Thanks - it looks great.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Back in a Type S

Originally Posted by 1osunut
Will this set up work on a 2002 TL-S ???? Thanks - it looks great.
Yes it will work on yours. It will look just like mine.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:13 PM
10th Gear

Thanks everyone for the info.

Does anyone know if this bliftzsafe unit auto stops and starts iPod with car ? Ideally, I would like it to stop the track right where it was when I turned the ignition off. When I turn the ignition on next time, it should continue to play right from where it was. Does it do this?

thanks,
Osho
Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Back in a Type S

Thanks everyone for the info.

Does anyone know if this bliftzsafe unit auto stops and starts iPod with car ? Ideally, I would like it to stop the track right where it was when I turned the ignition off. When I turn the ignition on next time, it should continue to play right from where it was. Does it do this?

thanks,
Osho
Yes it does. You just have to press play on your IPOD when you start your car and it will continue with what ever the last track was.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Hi I just finished the navigation conversion to a 2003 TL

I am assuming this will work with my conversion,
So where do I install the blitzsafe wire for the adapter, can you tell me which pin or slot of the audio connector I should install the wire to, or is this info in the DIY info?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
10th Gear

Yes it does. You just have to press play on your IPOD when you start your car and it will continue with what ever the last track was.
So, it stops the iPod automtically when the car is turned off but doesn't start iPod automatically when the car starts? Did I get that right?
Osho
Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Back in a Type S

So, it stops the iPod automtically when the car is turned off but doesn't start iPod automatically when the car starts? Did I get that right?
Osho
Yes...
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Omarkamal
Hi I just finished the navigation conversion to a 2003 TL

I am assuming this will work with my conversion,
So where do I install the blitzsafe wire for the adapter, can you tell me which pin or slot of the audio connector I should install the wire to, or is this info in the DIY info?
It goes into the cd changer port on the back of the radio. It's on the right side (passenger) and you should be able to stick your hand around the back of the radio if you just remove the panel on the right side. It's plug and play so you won't have to do any splicing/soldering.

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe for IPOD