Blitzsafe for IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just order the haines piece mentioned above...it hooks up the same way and it allows track changing via the OEM radio. now I can just have my ipod chillin in the glove compartment instead.

The cost was $95 and I spoke to Charlie on the phone. He had one instock.

I love it baby!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

Also one more quick question...what is the best way to bring in an aux audio line? The reason I ask is I hook up the dvd converter module, I would most likely run the audio into the aux line, rather than use some stuipd FM transmitter.

Does the blitzsafe model offer an aux in along with the ipod or is it either or?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by sadude
Also one more quick question...what is the best way to bring in an aux audio line? The reason I ask is I hook up the dvd converter module, I would most likely run the audio into the aux line, rather than use some stuipd FM transmitter.

Does the blitzsafe model offer an aux in along with the ipod or is it either or?

I know that they have an aux in converter but I do not rember if they have both for our TLs.

As for the guy 2 posts above, you cannot see the track name on the screen of the radio with any adapter in the TL so you may want to mount the iPod so you can see it without opening your glove box.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
10th Gear

I just order the haines piece mentioned above...it hooks up the same way and it allows track changing via the OEM radio. now I can just have my ipod chillin in the glove compartment instead.

I love it baby!!!!!
Does this interface allow you to start playing from your iPod automatically when you turn on your car? This is the only major complaint I have against Blitzsafe interface.

thanks,
Osho
Old 11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
7th Gear

i am thinking of getting this unit as well, my only concern is having 2 outputs, i was thinking of picking up this unit instead..
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxmsthd1.html

i guess i can connect my ipod by plugging it to the rca cables with the 3.5 mm splitter from the earphone output http://factorydirect.ca/catalog/prod...code=CSTEREO-A

and still have one output for a satellite radio
what do you guys think?
is this the best way to have the best of the two worlds??

oh man they dont ship to Canada
Old 11-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Instructor

I love it baby!!!!!
Let us know when you get it installed and how it works!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:10 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ProvidenceLeaf
Just a little note. I just installed my Blitzsafe adapter for my IPOD. I know there has been tons of posts about this, but eveeryone seems to have conflicting info so here is my

-If you are patient you can install the pin connector in the back wtihout removing the enitire center console! (I read that somewhere in here and yes this is true!) All you have to remove is the passenger wood trim and knee panel. You can definitely get to the input that way. The entire install took me about 15 minutes!

-YES this input is there in back of your factory HU even if you have navigation.

-YES you can still use your CD player. Your CD button acts as a switch between your IPOD and your CD player

-YES you can still use your steering wheel controls for the volume, but NO you cannot use your steering wheel controls to forward songs in your IPOD with this particular adapter.

The correct model number for our cars is HON M-LINK DMX V.1 interface

In my opinion this is a much easier install than most think, and Blitzsafe has the best value. I got mine on a site for $75 shipped.

Anyway, I know all of this has been said on many other threads, but there were so many threads with conflicting "facts". So those were my facts and findings. I know how it is to read through all of the threads after doing a search and still saying...HUH? For anyone thinking about doing this...DO IT! You won't be sorry!
I'm interested in having this installed here in RI. I'm not sure of the part # as their website does not show Hon M-Link DMX v.1. Closest I could find is HON/ALP DMX V.1
HONDA ACCORD - ALPINE
1998 - 2003
Is this the right one?

Any idea who could install this for me as I would probably butcher it. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So is it impossible to install blitzsafe adapter for ipod and trunk mounted oem cd changer at the same time? I have '99 TL with navi and trunk mounted changer and I want to install the ipod adapter but keep the trunk cd changer also.
Is there any way to do this?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
First of all - Great thread! I just upgraded and bought a new iPod.... my old mini sucks. AND I've been using a tape adapter, which, well... just sucks too. So - I'm about to order the blitzsafe adapter for my 02 TLS Navi, and I read that great PDF someone posted from the CL's icelink adaptor. My question - before I buy the blitzsafe, is where do I put all the hardware? Is there room behind the headunit? Since I wont be able to control the ipod with the steering wheel controls, I'd like to bring the wires through the center console, so I can keep the ipod in the cup holder area. If someone can just tell me about where they placed the blitzsafe hardware (pictures on the website don't give an accurate size description I wouldn't think), I can go ahead and get the ball rolling and order my adapter!

Thanks again for all the info!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I was able to fit everything behind the radio and used a holder from proclip to hold my IPOD. Sorry I don't have any pics but if I remember correctly you will have more than enough wire to run it from behind the radio up through the console.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Any answer for my question? I guess that is impossible then..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So is it impossible to install blitzsafe adapter for ipod and trunk mounted oem cd changer at the same time? I have '99 TL with navi and trunk mounted changer and I want to install the ipod adapter but keep the trunk cd changer also.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bojangling
Let us know when you get it installed and how it works!
Well although I did order this unit, I am actually thinking something else. I am definetly getting the kuda leather mount and ipod mount for that kuda.

Instead of sticking with this unit (its ordered and on the way) I found a cable that goes from ipod dock to video output (red, white and yellow rcas) as well as provide charging for the ipod. Since i don't need satellite I am getting a single input RCA adapter (ebay) and will hook up the red and white to this. Now the I have an extra yellow cable (video)...this will get fed back to the trunk and I will use this as a video source for my navi unit along with a back up camera (dvd2nav). Now I dont't need to get another dvd player...just load all of my videos on the ipod and control directly from ipod.

Let me show you what I bought

Aux Adapter

IPOD dock Video cable

Let me know what you guys think
Old 11-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sojue
Any answer for my question? I guess that is impossible then..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think electronically this could work...you would have to purchase your blitzsafe adapter and another cd changer plug and just wire it all together. I am pretty sure you could figure out a switch some how to select which part would be active and mount that in your cabin somewhere
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Thats what I was thinking too... about the switch.

And I went ahead and ordered the blitzsafe. So excited! Is the sound clear just like a CD would sound? I have the tape thing and dispise it.... its awful!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Cruisin'

hell yah it's going to be clear man...think about how clear that CD changer sounds man
Old 11-16-2006, 03:32 AM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
When I bought my car apparently the guy before me installed the blitzsafe for the NAV2DVD thing. So after a little digging I found this....

Now, I want to hook an iPod up to my blitzsafe adapter, but there is no ipod cord... nor do I see a place to plug an iPod cord into the blitzsafe. Do I have to buy a different blitzsafe unit?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by sojue
I don't think it's impossible but it wouldn't be something that is plug and play since the blitzsafe unit uses your cd changer plug on the back of your radio.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by CaliChris517
When I bought my car apparently the guy before me installed the blitzsafe for the NAV2DVD thing. So after a little digging I found this....

Now, I want to hook an iPod up to my blitzsafe adapter, but there is no ipod cord... nor do I see a place to plug an iPod cord into the blitzsafe. Do I have to buy a different blitzsafe unit?
I'm at work right now and they block photobucket for some reason but the plug that you would get to connect your IPOD to the blitzsafe adapter looks different at the end that goes into the blitzsafe unit but the end that plugs into your IPOD will connect to the bottom of your IPOD. I'll look at the pic when I get home and see if it looks like mine.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by snowman81
I don't think it's impossible but it wouldn't be something that is plug and play since the blitzsafe unit uses your cd changer plug on the back of your radio.

anyone know how to do this?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 PM

Still looking for an answer
Old 11-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Cruisin'

Still looking for an answer
Well if that is what is installed in the car already...i take it that RCA plug is being used for the audio from the 2nd DVD source...I would just put in a pair of Y splitters and fish in the 2nd RCAs for your ipod and just hook it up that.

Since you won't be running your DVD and ipod simultaneously...you should be fine. On ebay I think I have seen a RCA/charging cable that will allow you to have the clear sound as well as charging option.

IPOD RCA Charging Cable
Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by snowman81
I know that when I was buying my iPod adapter I had seen a Y-connector that let you have 2 inputs into that same connection. I looked at Enfig.com but could not find it. I could not remember the other site I had looked at. Ill keep trying but I know that they are out there.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DiveforTL-s
I know that when I was buying my iPod adapter I had seen a Y-connector that let you have 2 inputs into that same connection. I looked at Enfig.com but could not find it. I could not remember the other site I had looked at. Ill keep trying but I know that they are out there.
thanks bro~ please let me know if you find out.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Intermediate

This is a GREAT and VERY helpful thread! BUT... Can someone confirm that this is the route I should go?

I am attempting to hook up both my Sirius Radio AND my ipod (20 gig, non-video)
in my '02 TL with Navi and in dash cd changer.

I'm told that this is what I should get the following items:

Blitxsafe HON/AUX/ DMX V.1 - Auxiliary Input Converter $69.95

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv1.html

THEN I believe that IF I also want to hook up my ipod I must get:

Blitzsafe UII Universal iPOD Interface $59.95

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzuii.html

I want to "HARDWIRE" the power on the Sirius Radio, so I've heard that I could use the cig lighter adapter that it comes with, cut off the end and wire it directly to the back of the car cig lighter or power jack in the dash.

IS THIS A GOOD IDEA FOR THE POWER SOURCE?

To Mount the Sirius radio my plan was to use this:

"Pro-Fit" VSM Bracket $36.95
This connects just to the right of the radio where others are using the KUDA mount.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/vsm.html

I would try and come up with some way to run the power cord and anntena for the Sirius radio out of the consol area I guess?

Now as far as mounting my ipod, My plan was to run the wires through the center consol and keep the ipod loose in the top arm rest.

I really DO NOT like wires running all over the car in plain view!

I'm I going in the right direction??

ALL ADVISE IS WELCOME & APPRECIATED!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
10th Gear

I'm looking to hardwire an iPod to my 2002 TL. Was curious- if I go with the Blitzsafe, do I have to hook the unit into the fuse box, or does the one cd-changer port on the back of the radio handle power as well.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Instructor

I found the way.. I bought P.I.E X3 with P.I.E X3 HON98 harness. This can connect to my CD changer port and my trunk CD changer can connect to this unit.
This unit provides three additional RAC inputs, and I can switch among my external CD changer, input 1, input 2, input 3. haha Hopefully this will work.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

I would (and did) use the Kuda mount. I know it is expensive but there is ample room inside to run cables fully out of sight. www.kudausa.com Ill post a pic soon of it in my car with an iPod.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Advanced

What would I need for a 2000 Acura with cd changer in trunk to install an Ipod and also the cd trunk changer? Does anyone have photos of how they installed the P.I.E. unit (X brain)? Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by RonnyC
This is a GREAT and VERY helpful thread! BUT... Can someone confirm that this is the route I should go?

I want to "HARDWIRE" the power on the Sirius Radio, so I've heard that I could use the cig lighter adapter that it comes with, cut off the end and wire it directly to the back of the car cig lighter or power jack in the dash.

This connects just to the right of the radio where others are using the KUDA mount.

I would try and come up with some way to run the power cord and anntena for the Sirius radio out of the consol area I guess?

Now as far as mounting my ipod, My plan was to run the wires through the center consol and keep the ipod loose in the top arm rest.

That sounds like a good idea, i was thinking of that but i think i found another way to make it a little more affordable
Am planning to get this unit instead..
i also want to hook up my ipod and sirius..
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxmsthd1.html
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4135&rd=1&rd=1

am planning to get it next week after i get the snow tires..

I'll let you know how it turns out as soon as i get it
Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 AM

I have been doing similar research to yours. I want to hook up an ipod and keep my current Nav2dvd set up. I think you should go the USA Spec route. Their unit plugs into the ipod and your sat. radio all in one unit. its about $130 i think.

the pro fit mount you mentioned... I researched it and found horrible reviews. sorry i cant link you to them.. they were on crutchfield.com
Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xxnonamexx
What would I need for a 2000 Acura with cd changer in trunk to install an Ipod and also the cd trunk changer? Does anyone have photos of how they installed the P.I.E. unit (X brain)? Thanks
I haven't installed the P.I.E unit yet, but they have been shipped my item so hopefully, I can install this unit this weekend.
Then, I can use both CD changer in my trunk and IPOD connected.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

I have been doing similar research to yours. I want to hook up an ipod and keep my current Nav2dvd set up. I think you should go the USA Spec route. Their unit plugs into the ipod and your sat. radio all in one unit. its about $130 i think.

the pro fit mount you mentioned... I researched it and found horrible reviews. sorry i cant link you to them.. they were on crutchfield.com
So you've currently got the Nav2dvd set up? Is that using the DOM unit?

What year is your Acura? I saw the thread about the Nav2dvd and REALLY want to do this!

What is the USA Spec Route you mentioned?
Old 11-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Oh man,

so i finally got around to installing my black blitzsafe adapter on the TL today. I can't imagine life without it. I thought that an FM transmitter or a tape deck transmitter was the only way to go - boy was I wrong! This thing sounds amazing! I friggin love it. It could only be more perfect if I could advance the song with my button on the steering wheel! But I don't really care about that, I'm just glad it sounds crystal clear, loud, and fantastic!!!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:30 AM

So you've currently got the Nav2dvd set up? Is that using the DOM unit?

What year is your Acura? I saw the thread about the Nav2dvd and REALLY want to do this!

What is the USA Spec Route you mentioned?
Yes, I have the nav2dvd setup. It came with my car when i got it used. It has a seperate DVD Rom unit under the rear of the pas. seat. There is a switch to the left of my steering wheel (can be mounted almost anywhere) that changes between the DVD player and the Navi DVD player. The navi runs even when your watching DVDs(you just have to switch over to it).

I have an 02 TL-S.

USA Spec adapter is similar to blitzsafe, but different company. Here is the unit I want/ will get soon: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._PA11_HON.html

The above USA Spec adapter has 1 iPod input, and 1 set of audio inputs (red/white for the dvd player sound). You may be able to shop around for a better price.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Advanced

Why can't I find the correct adapters for the Acura TL 2000. I have an '03 and purchased the Blitzsafe since I have the cd changer in dash and I installed this to the CD trunk changer input behind the radio as noted in previous posts and it works like a charm. Now my brother has an 2000 with changer in the trunk and I am trying to look for the correct units to allow his ipod to work and in trunk dash. I don't see the 2000 year for the units I need. Also I read about the PIEX where does that get mounted? Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Cruisin'

So I installed my ipod adapter into my acura over this weekend. The stuff I got from ebay (integration solutions) didn't work. It clicked into the back of my head deck and registered when I hit the CD button but wouldn't play anything from my ipod. Also after selecting aux input, i couldn't go back to the normal cd or radio.

I also tried my other solution...hianes enterprise and it worked flawlessly. From the steering wheel, i can select playlists and then go through songs. Full control from the oem controls. I could also still control from the ipod directly and it charges it also.

Later on in the day for some reason it did stop working, i think the wire came loose at the interface so now i gotta take off the right side trim pieces and make sure it's all secure.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Instructor

So I installed my ipod adapter into my acura over this weekend. The stuff I got from ebay (integration solutions) didn't work. It clicked into the back of my head deck and registered when I hit the CD button but wouldn't play anything from my ipod. Also after selecting aux input, i couldn't go back to the normal cd or radio.

I also tried my other solution...hianes enterprise and it worked flawlessly. From the steering wheel, i can select playlists and then go through songs. Full control from the oem controls. I could also still control from the ipod directly and it charges it also.

Later on in the day for some reason it did stop working, i think the wire came loose at the interface so now i gotta take off the right side trim pieces and make sure it's all secure.
So the Haines adapter worked. Seems to be a better buy than the blitzsafe if it allows track control and doesn't have any drawbacks.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Cruisin'

honestly the haines adapter worked great...I just gotta follow-up with the installation to see what went wrong. I am pretty sure the ipod wire that plugs into the interface box came loose.

I think the best part about it is the oem control feature. i ran the wire to the center console and without making any cuts, i was able to fish it in there. very clean install if i say so myself.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Advanced

Any photos of your installation? Let us know when you check the connection to the interface if that corrects your issue.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Advanced

Sadude- For the Haines adapter I do not see one for the Acuras but there is 1 for Honda. Is that the one you purchased? Thanks

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe for IPOD