Blitzsafe Alternative (USA Spec PA11-HON)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
TLingggggggg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Blitzsafe Alternative (USA Spec PA11-HON)

Out of Curiousity, has anyone had any experience with this alternative to Blitzsafe? Its a "USA Spec PA11-HON" from enfigcarstereo. I ordered this one from the advice of the guy I spoke to since the Blitzsafe were on major back order and so was this one but this one was coming in early next week. That is the link below, he said basically this is like the the Blitzsafe but it can do more with an extra lines in for like other audio devices and plus you can change the songs up or down from the stereo or steering wheel. . If not I ll just try it and let yall know how it goes. Good thing the store is in New Jersey so the shipping is faster.
l
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._PA11_HON.html
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraBuddy
Out of Curiousity, has anyone had any experience with this alternative to Blitzsafe? Its a "USA Spec PA11-HON" from enfigcarstereo. I ordered this one from the advice of the guy I spoke to since the Blitzsafe were on major back order and so was this one but this one was coming in early next week. That is the link below, he said basically this is like the the Blitzsafe but it can do more with an extra lines in for like other audio devices and plus you can change the songs up or down from the stereo or steering wheel. . If not I ll just try it and let yall know how it goes. Good thing the store is in New Jersey so the shipping is faster.
l
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._PA11_HON.html
Keep up posted Also, if you could do a DIY, it will awesome
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
10th Gear

Let us know how the USASpec box works out for ya. I narrowed it down to that one and the DICE adapter when I was shopping around. Went with the DICE, but I'm curious if the USA Spec adapters works just as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
The USASpec works great. I have it installed right now along with the nav2dvd. No problems at all.

The best price i found was on ebay for about $100.

You can probably figure out how to install the USASpec without a DIY, all you have to do is take off the passenger kick-panel and plug it in(you have to reach behind the radio and plug it in, this can be done if you are patient). I had to remove the radio because a blitzsafe was installed and its nearly impossible to reach behind the radio and unplug that.
If you need a DIY, this will help: http://www.skyeflye.com/acura_cls/In...01-2003_CL.pdf

If you have a 6 disc changer(trunk), you will have to remove the radio and unplug the changer.
NOTE: if you have the indash acura radio/6 disc changer, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:49 PM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have been waiting for blitzsafe product now for my car for over a month..he said it was on back order!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
TLingggggggg

Yeah he said it was a major back order. Well I just checked ebay and the cheapest was around 109, which is cheaper then Enfig and the next one up was around 127. I guess I paid alittle more at 135 but its all good, it ships from Jersey, which is faster since Im in New York.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:21 PM
B A N N E D

weird u brought this up, some guy at al and eds told me bout this too and its only 100
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
TLingggggggg

WoW, not a bad deal considering I paid 135. So far from the reviews Ive read on crutchfield and also the dude I spoke to from enfig, they highly recommended this as an alternative to the blitzsafe even though it costs quite a bit more but then again you can control the ipod a bit from your steering wheel and from your head unit also.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
10th Gear

Does the USASpec Adapters let you control the iPod through the radio/faceplate, as well as retain full control on the iPod itself?

Originally Posted by CaliChris517
The USASpec works great. I have it installed right now along with the nav2dvd. No problems at all.

The best price i found was on ebay for about $100.

You can probably figure out how to install the USASpec without a DIY, all you have to do is take off the passenger kick-panel and plug it in(you have to reach behind the radio and plug it in, this can be done if you are patient). I had to remove the radio because a blitzsafe was installed and its nearly impossible to reach behind the radio and unplug that.
If you need a DIY, this will help: http://www.skyeflye.com/acura_cls/In...01-2003_CL.pdf

If you have a 6 disc changer(trunk), you will have to remove the radio and unplug the changer.
NOTE: if you have the indash acura radio/6 disc changer, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
TLingggggggg

Yup go to the enfigcarstereo website and have a look. It also gives you another line out so you can connect another audio player and also video player if im not mistakened.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 PM
SOLD: 03 SSM CLS Auto

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the USA Spec pause the Ipod when the ignition is turned off and starts playing again when the ignition is on again? I've got the blitzsafe, but I've really wanted the steering wheel control and the radio buttons to control the Ipod, and it sounds like this is what I've been looking for. How's the sound quality, btw?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:16 AM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gaping46and2
Does the USA Spec pause the Ipod when the ignition is turned off and starts playing again when the ignition is on again? I've got the blitzsafe, but I've really wanted the steering wheel control and the radio buttons to control the Ipod, and it sounds like this is what I've been looking for. How's the sound quality, btw?
Yes, it pauses and resumes when you turn off the car. and yes it starts playing again. Sound quality is great.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 AM
TLingggggggg

Well mine arrived today probably just before so I hope my doorman rings me up so I can go downstairs to start installing this. I hope that almost double the price was worth it.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
TLingggggggg

Well just finished installing it and it works real nice. Had my fingers been alittle more fatter, it would of been hell cuz getting your hands under that small space and trying to plug it in was like using your two fingers and and chop sticking the plug into the port. I'd say it was worth the investment and enfigcarstereo ships quite fast if you live close to Jersey.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Well just finished installing it and it works real nice. Had my fingers been alittle more fatter, it would of been hell cuz getting your hands under that small space and trying to plug it in was like using your two fingers and and chop sticking the plug into the port. I'd say it was worth the investment and enfigcarstereo ships quite fast if you live close to Jersey.
If you install it just by removing the passenger side knee panel, where do you place the unit? There's enough room to just stick it somewhere? Or did you screw the unit somewhere? I just got mine today so I wanna install it.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
TLingggggggg

Hide the wires and pull it down under the front passenger seat and put the box on the bottom and then grab the wires from the side and plug it into the ipod and put the ipod on the cupholder area.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Hide the wires and pull it down under the front passenger seat and put the box on the bottom and then grab the wires from the side and plug it into the ipod and put the ipod on the cupholder area.
So the thickness of the wire from the usa spec unit to the back of the headunit is not a problem fitting under the wood trim piece? Would you mind taking a couple of pics of your set up? Thanks for your help
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 PM
TLingggggggg

Nope its not a problem just stick the wires in first and then start playing with the plug by chop sticking it with your fingers and aim up to the pin, it will take a few mins and it will test your patience. As for the wires were capable of being hidden easily I believe along the lining of the upper part near the screws and then pulling the line down and the box right under the passenger side door.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Nope its not a problem just stick the wires in first and then start playing with the plug by chop sticking it with your fingers and aim up to the pin, it will take a few mins and it will test your patience. As for the wires were capable of being hidden easily I believe along the lining of the upper part near the screws and then pulling the line down and the box right under the passenger side door.
Thanks for all of your instructions. One question though, did you mean to say passenger side seat? or did you mean door.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
TLingggggggg

OOPS I meant seat. Sorry about that. Tell me how it went.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 PM

So I installed it tonight, and like everyone has said the hardest part is plugging it into the back of the headunit with very little space to work with, but after trying a few times I finally got it. For all of you who are still debating, go buy this right now! The sound quality is great, and the extra Aux input is a great feature.

Thanks again AcuraBuddy for your help!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
TLingggggggg

No problemo dude, glad I could of been a help and remember you can flip the switch between using the 1-6(1-5 only playlist) on the radio or you can flip it off to control the playlist and everything else from the ipod.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:27 AM

No problemo dude, glad I could of been a help and remember you can flip the switch between using the 1-6(1-5 only playlist) on the radio or you can flip it off to control the playlist and everything else from the ipod.
Yup I have it set to Direct mode (not playlist mode).
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
PA11-HOD rocks! Does everything you'd except an Ipod interface to do. Installed mine last week and love it!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:23 AM
TLingggggggg

glad that you liked it. I'm glad with my purchase too. Next item up lol the body kit I've been long dreading to purchase if only I can find it for cheaper on ebay but so far no luck. The rear piece seems the hardest to find Oh wells aslong as everyones happy with their USASPEC thing ipod adapter.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro

glad that you liked it. I'm glad with my purchase too. Next item up lol the body kit I've been long dreading to purchase if only I can find it for cheaper on ebay but so far no luck. The rear piece seems the hardest to find Oh wells aslong as everyones happy with their USASPEC thing ipod adapter.
body kit ... hehe ... got that about two years ago .... wife almost killed my when she found out it cost me (us) $1100+.

Getting Ipod video 30gig this week, haven't decided if I want to mount it or keep it in the arm rest.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Advanced

Good call Acura Buddy, the USA Spec is awesome!
I tried so hard for almost half an hour and couldn't plug it in. : So I had to take off both knee panels and pull the head unit out an inch or so. What a PITA!
But it's worth it. Question where did you mount the adapter? I was thinking of mouting it in the center console, I want it to be easily accessible so i can flip between indirect/direct/aux. Any advice is appreciated! I love this site!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by brandonnguyen
I tried so hard for almost half an hour and couldn't plug it in. : So I had to take off both knee panels and pull the head unit out an inch or so. What a PITA!
But it's worth it. Question where did you mount the adapter? I was thinking of mouting it in the center console, I want it to be easily accessible so i can flip between indirect/direct/aux. Any advice is appreciated! I love this site!
You don't need to flip any switches to change from iPod input to Aux input. The iPod plays on Disc 5 whereas the Aux input plays on Disc 6. Just flip the switch to turn it on and you are good to go!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Pro

I just mounted mine beneath the passenger's seat with switches faceing the rear. I don't know why you'll want playlist active ... I prefer direct mode then I can select playist, albums, artists or genres from the ipod. In direct mode there are no need for the playlist buttons 1-5 on your head unit, so you might as sell enable the aux input ... and as already mentioned use ipod on disk 5 and aux on disk 6.

I think aux enabled and direct mode is the optimal configuration.

Now I have to figure out where to mount my iPod ... already ordered the Martin Fields Overlay screen protector.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
TLingggggggg

HAHA, woot good thing no wife here but then again no dough here for the body kit yet so wait I must do, then bodykit I shall buy mwahhaahah. Yeah just chuck the huge ( | ) box on the bottom of the passenger seat and have the wire come out from the side. If you want the wire to come out from the bottom of the center console then you'll have some drilling to do.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AMGala
You don't need to flip any switches to change from iPod input to Aux input. The iPod plays on Disc 5 whereas the Aux input plays on Disc 6. Just flip the switch to turn it on and you are good to go!
Duh, thats what I get for not reading/understanding the instructions.
If thats the case I will just mount it under the seat as others suggested. I just wanted easy access to it because I thought I had to switch between ipod and aux. Did you guys screw down the unit underneath the seat? Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Duh, thats what I get for not reading/understanding the instructions.
If thats the case I will just mount it under the seat as others suggested. I just wanted easy access to it because I thought I had to switch between ipod and aux. Did you guys screw down the unit underneath the seat? Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.
I didn't screw it down. And just as a general practice, if you have removed your ipod from your car, when you get back in plug it in first before turning your car on. That way you won't have to push CD again for it to connect to the USA Spec.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Pro

i had intentions of screwing it down to the carpet but too much of a pain. After is zip tied both cables out of the PA11 together using 4 or 5 ties along th length of the cables until it went under the carpet, i found that it hardly moved.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
TLingggggggg

Wow, you guys are diesel I just left the box underneath the seat with on screws or zip ties of the cables, I figured it would be easier to move around in case I had to. Out of curiousity where would you screw the box to?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Cruisin'

Interface Connected But No Joy

Hello All,

I installed a PIE XM5-HON98 interface last week for my satellite radio. With the help of this thread, I was able plug the interface into the vacant cd changer slot without tearing the dash apart. My car is a 2003 3.2TL-S with a factory Bose radio, non-navi, with the built in 6 disc player. The interface powers up the radio but pressing the "CD" button doesn't toggle between the CD and the interface. The car manual doesn't mention anything about toggling and I fear all I've accomplished is hard wired power. Am I missing something? All suggestions are appreciated as Enfig has not replied to my emails.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Pro

did u hit the cd button twice? 1st time will switch to "CD", the 2nd time it will switch to "CD1"

While I'm here , my question for those using the USA SPEC PA11-HON .... about twice a week i'm prompted to enter my radio code ... once I got an "ERR" message and I had to pull the fuse for about a minute to reset it. Getting kinda annoying ... sad when i have my radio code memorized.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by jpadilla
did u hit the cd button twice? 1st time will switch to "CD", the 2nd time it will switch to "CD1"

While I'm here , my question for those using the USA SPEC PA11-HON .... about twice a week i'm prompted to enter my radio code ... once I got an "ERR" message and I had to pull the fuse for about a minute to reset it. Getting kinda annoying ... sad when i have my radio code memorized.
That happened to me a couple of days ago. I know that the USASpec for either the 3G TL or the TSX kept having problems with the firmware. I hope it doesn't become a frequent thing...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
TLingggggggg

Well for me sometimes I get a brain fart on the USASPEC and then I would have to restart both my IPOD and the Stereo.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Advanced

I had the same problem yesterday, go figure after reading this thread.....anyways i unplugged my ipod and plugged it back in and it worked fine.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jpadilla

I have tried pressing the CD button repeatedly but it just stays on CD, no CD1.

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe Alternative (USA Spec PA11-HON)