Best dealers in So Cal for TL-S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 03:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Best dealers in So Cal for TL-S?

I used a fax attack and the next morning I had four potential dealers to meet my price. Now the hard part is deciding which one to buy from. Anyone know who the best Acura dealer is in Southern California, area codes 310,714,526,909? I hope to do a deal on Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Been lurking on here for a day or two and figure someone here must know *something*. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2001, 10:32 AM

See, Scotty?
Old 03-30-2001, 10:41 AM
Pro

Go to the one that have the most selection, ie. have the color that you want and who si willing to throw in free stuffs. Like mug guards, wheel locks, etc.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Parchment Leather
Old 03-30-2001, 12:37 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by eztider:
I used a fax attack and the next morning I had four potential dealers to meet my price. Now the hard part is deciding which one to buy from.
EZtider - what price did you get?

I must be doing something wrong. I sent out a fax attack two days ago to 9 dealers across my state (Georgia), and only two replied - straight MSRP. At least one of the dealers came back with accessories at cost. How about car at cost? Should I try to do my fax attack again and name my own price? I left it to their discretion.

I'm also thinking of hitting dealers in the surrounding 5 states (42 additional dealers). I'd appreciate any feedback on this approach.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2001, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Thanks Tgif...what I did was compose a fax saying what I was willing to buy for. Basically the price I listed was invoice plus 4% rounded up. I figured on a base TL it should be 29,800 but rounded up to 30,000 to get the dealers juices flowing. With nav I went to 31925, probably too high but I'm undecided whether to even get the nav or not.

I wanted to set a price because I am NOT interested in haggling and figure the dealer either can or can not sell at that price and if he cannot I don't need to waste my time or his going to see him. The minute any sign of haggling takes place I will feel free to drive to the next compliant dealer on the list. Interestingly, I got a phone call today from a dealer who says if I send him a copy of an acceptance fax from his competitor he can BEAT the price I set. Still mulling that one over but if true proves dealers can sell lower still.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:08 PM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Thumbs up

-Lots of bad dealers in L.A. area. I talked and visited a lot of them, because I went the internet route too.

I don't have a specific salesperson in mind but ACURA 101 WEST has the best service Dept. in L.A.

I would have bought the car from them but they didn't have the model/color I wanted on the lot at the time.
Old 03-30-2001, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by eztider:
Thanks Tgif...what I did was compose a fax saying what I was willing to buy for. Basically the price I listed was invoice plus 4% rounded up. I figured on a base TL it should be 29,800 but rounded up to 30,000 to get the dealers juices flowing. With nav I went to 31925, probably too high but I'm undecided whether to even get the nav or not.

I wanted to set a price because I am NOT interested in haggling and figure the dealer either can or can not sell at that price and if he cannot I don't need to waste my time or his going to see him. The minute any sign of haggling takes place I will feel free to drive to the next compliant dealer on the list. Interestingly, I got a phone call today from a dealer who says if I send him a copy of an acceptance fax from his competitor he can BEAT the price I set. Still mulling that one over but if true proves dealers can sell lower still.

Eztider,

Call the guy back and ask him what he would beat his competitor by without saying anything else. Get his committment FIRST (in writing or via fax). Then call him back and say the other three cowards haven't responded and then tell him you will accept his offer, get the paperwork ready, tell him you'll be there in 1 hour and go ink the deal!
Old 03-30-2001, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Acura 101 West gave me a No Hassles Internet price of 32810 for a TL-S with Navigation. What price did you offer and get accepted?
Old 03-31-2001, 03:00 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Hm I did not send a fax to Acura 101 West, in fact, I have never heard of them. I just grabbed the car section from the LA Times a couple weeks ago and got names and numbers from that. Guess 101 West doesn't advertise in that section.

Talked to the guy who wants to beat Deal Number 1 and he is willing to throw in the moonroof visor in addition to matching the price. He said he was going to put that in a fax but have not received it yet.
Old 03-31-2001, 03:13 PM

Hey "EZTIDER"...i live in Huntington Beach...pretty close to where you live. I tried the fax attack and didn't get anything. Would you be kind enough to fax me some of your quotes you got from the other dealers so i can use to my advantage...thanks... Could you fax it to (714) 543-9790 Attn: Van or could you e-mail to minh714@postmark.net tbanks
Old 03-31-2001, 08:12 PM
Intermediate

I talked to one sales in Thomos Acura today, and I asked them how much off from MSRP they can offer. They said $1000 at most, is this good enough?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hyc2000 on March 31, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-01-2001, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

I sent a copy of my offer letter by private email to the poster who requested it. Here is the score so far. I asked for replies by Saturday so I don't expect any other contacts to come in.

I have one fax with dollar amounts and a VIN. The dealer agrees to my original price and is including a moonroof visor as a further incentive. I think he is honest and ready to deal. I have another offer which is identical except I don't have a faxed sample purchase order with a VIN. This dealer also seems to be sincere and ready to sell. I have one other fax agreeing to my price, and the previously mentioned two verbal commitments to my price. I have one dealer $375 over my price and finally one is at $500 over my price. Again, my price is $30,000 for the base TL Type-S with mud guards and wheel locks, $31925 for the same vehicle with DVD navigation. I expect to close on a deal tomorrow (Monday). I should be driving the car on Tuesday. I'll post the final results then.

I don't want to mention any dealers by name in this public forum until I actually meet and get my car, at which time I'll reveal the names if anyone is interested. In the meantime I'll send whatever information you need via private email.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:35 AM
Pro

Talking

minhyme714,

Know that the fax attack didn't quite work out for you. Sorry to hear that. I am also in S. California. I live in the San Gabriel Valley though. I think the fax might not be working in S. California is because the supply and demand trend. The dealer here is hard to keep the 2002 in the lot. And believe me. the dealer really want to sell all the 2001. When I bought mine., my dealer had only aboout 4 2002 in stock. That's include the Type S and non-Type S model.

When I bought mine, I just want to the Acura website and locate the S. California dealer. I went on to the dealer website and fill out the request. Just as specific as you can in the e-mail. It took one day for the first dealer to e-mail me back. Then the process went on smoothly. I end up buying the one that on the showroom floor. You don't want to buy the one that you test drive. Of course, I also test drove the one that I am going to buy with really careful driving habit, like didn't floor the gas pedal of course.

Good Luck.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Parchment Leather
Old 04-02-2001, 06:39 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

I am happy to report that I bought my new TL Type-S today and drove it home. Here is how it happened: From my previous posts you know I sent faxes to 12 dealers here in So. Cal. offering $30K for Type-S without navi, $31,925 with. Also I specified the price included mud guards and wheel locks. The first dealer to respond in writing accepting my offer was Julie Kim, fleet manager of Metro Acura in Montclair. I went there first thing this morning. She had two in stock with navi, 4 or 5 in stock without. I tried to do a deal for a model with navi first but I had to have a good price for my trade-in. We could not agree on a price for my trade-in. Figuring I should try to get a better price for my trade, I went to the second dealer on my list, Joe at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa.

Joe offered pretty much the same as Julie, also unsatisfactory. I had my own financing and basically I did not need to use my trade-in to get the Type-S, only if I had to pay for the navigation. Joe had a white -S waiting for me and I took a test drive. When we came back I noticed he had the Dark Emerald Pearl with Parchment interior, without navigation. To make a long story short, Joe honored the price in my fax, we called my bank which had preapproved my financing, and in about an hour and a half or so I drove off in my new 2002 Dark Emerald Pearl Acura TL Type-S. I should add that Joe has also promised to add a moonroof visor, out of his own pocket. Julie had given me the visor commitment as well.

So to recap I had firm offers in writing from Metro Acura of Montclair, South Coast Acura of Costa Mesa, and also Downey Acura in Downey. I had verbal commitments from Curtis at Sierra Acura in Alhambra and Marta at Santa Monica Acura. Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim said they could do it for $375 over my price, and Tustin Acura in Tustin said they could do it for $500 over. Beth Ann at Cerritos Acura said they could "try". Pasadena Acura, Peyton-Cramer in Torrance, and Weir Canyon in Anaheim just said no. Acura Mission Viejo did not even respond.

I was treated fairly at Metro and South Coast, so if you are in the market for a TL I recommend you set your price and take it to Julie or Joe, respectively. Please tell them Jim Bailey sent you. Also I will send a copy of my fax (in MS Word format) to anyone who requests it, via private mail.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the excellent play by play of your negotiation. I am waiting patiently to save a couple Gs on a TLs in Denver. Last week one dealer here wanted MSRP but offered to bump up on the trade by a big $500.

A week later I drove the back lot in a different car checking inventory, same stock, not more than one or two gone if that many. Still a huge supply of 2001s also. Action is way down in Denver, pricing should follow!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:35 AM

Question

eztider-Thanks for the good info. I am in Orange County and plan on purchasing a TL-S soon I will probally be dealing with South Coast or Wier Canyon Acura. I am a little confused by your recap did Wier Canyon offer 375 over your price or give no reply?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by CraigR on April 05, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-05-2001, 10:48 AM

Does anyone have any information on Downey Acura? Has anyone bought a TL from them? I got a verbal quote from them for a 2002 TL with navigation for $29,515. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Craig, I'm sorry, I just re-read my post and it is confusing; I have Weir Canyon saying two different things here. They called me after I already had three good offers in writing and I didn't write down their offer, so I'm working from memory of the phone conversation. I can't recall now exactly what they said. I do remember they were courteous and did not give me that "Below MSRP? You must be crazy" treatment I got from some dealers.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:05 PM
Racer

Minh,

Are you viet? Anyways sorry to burst your bubble man but all the dealers in south cali is sticking to MSRP man I tried all the dealers in southern cali. But you get the match your price things for 90 days if you can get a better deal than you did with the dealer you bought it from. Hope this helps

Mr.T
Some peeps lie or stingy with there purchase Order TL-D
woops I meant I have a 2002 TL-S silver non navi

Originally posted by minhyme714:
Hey "EZTIDER"...i live in Huntington Beach...pretty close to where you live. I tried the fax attack and didn't get anything. Would you be kind enough to fax me some of your quotes you got from the other dealers so i can use to my advantage...thanks... Could you fax it to (714) 543-9790 Attn: Van or could you e-mail to minh714@postmark.net tbanks
Old 04-05-2001, 09:25 PM

So your'e still a skeptic, eh, Mr. T? I trust you put me in the stingy category as opposed to the liar category. As confirmed by Scotty (Scotty, haven't seen you lately), my SoCal deal was real at $31,230 (w/navi). Others have done better but maybe not in this region.

When our relatives leave our desert paradise this weekend, I will try and post both my sales contract (dated 3/23) and pics of my de-badged rear.

SoCal buyers, try Brian Burgett at Cush Acura in Escondido. He will do better than MSRP. Just don't appear to lust after this vehicle (difficult, I know). Happy hunting.
Old 04-06-2001, 12:22 AM
Instructor

Thumbs down

>> sorry to burst your bubble man but all the dealers in south cali is sticking to MSRP man I tried all the dealers in southern cali. <<

Sorry but just not true, Mr. T. I have three written fax agreements, one each from dealers in L.A. county, Orange County, and San Bernardino County, to purchase 5% below MSRP. Also have purchase documents dated 4/2 to back em up. You didn't try the right dealers, or they just jobbed you. If you have a price match agreement, based on my experience you should be able to exercise it. Good news for you.

Jim
Old 04-06-2001, 12:47 AM

I have a TLS black, I have to say at a good price. The dealer doesn't want me to tell how much I paid for it(well, they are still making money and giving me the sales pitch). But they are some very nice people, I have to say. The car I got is at 29,229 without NAVI. One of the reasons I got this low price is because there a few more mileage on the car, but after I find out the reason, I am ok with it. Besides, that's the exact car I wanted and there was only one. If you are interested, I can refer you and might get a 100 bucks referral fee or something Matter of fact I am taking my friend over there soon.

Have to make it clear, I am not a salesman or anything. Just try to make a win-win and have the TL lovers to find a good deal.
Old 04-07-2001, 01:52 PM
Instructor

I got my TL-S from Tustin Acura and they were awesome! Gerard was my salesman and he even prepped the car for me. Low pressure and knowledgeable. (He used to be an Acura mechanic).

My wife's CL came from Wier Canyon Acura and they really screwed up the deal by not paying off her lease return, not telling us, not even turning the car back in! Nice $1400 surprise, lots of trips back to the dealer to yell at them. Lots of letters from the State (certificate of non-usage not turned in to them). Leasing company (no insurance, no payment, no payoff, no turn-in). I understand they're under new ownership now but the trust was already gone.

Tustin Acura already paid off my trade (got the letter from the finance company) and returned the excess money over my estimated payoff! My TL-S is awesome and the dealership experience was too.

Regards
-w
Old 04-07-2001, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

>> I got my TL-S from Tustin Acura and they were awesome! << gerard

I must say, Tustin Acura was the FIRST dealership to respond to my fax...I sent them out at 3am to save on long distance charges, and they were calling me before 10am that morning. Unfortunately their offer was $500 over my price so I explored no further. But I had a good feeling from the guy I talked with, can't remember his name.

=-=- Jim
Old 04-11-2001, 10:56 PM
Pro

Talking

I went to 3 dealers: South Coast, Cerritos and Downey. Downey Acura had the best price. Members of AAA can get a better price, however, everything is negotiable. I saved over $1,000 at Downey versus the other 2 dealers. At South Coast, I was using the Costco buying service, but they were not dealing that much. Give Downey Acura a try and ask for Steve Choi if you are a AAA member.
Old 04-12-2001, 12:51 AM

Exclamation

For any of you guys out there are looking for a great deal in Orange County, CA. then you should check out SouthCoast Acura in Costa Mesa. Ask for John Huynh(714.435.1521) who got me a fabulous deal for my Aeagean Blue TL-Type S(showroom car) with mud guards/wheel locks below MSRP. Let just said I can't disclosed the price. There was no haggling or wasting my time or his time at all. Dammm....I LOVE MY BABIE!!! hehehe...

Just remember to be firm with your price. A REASONABLE PRICE THAT IS AND SERIOUS BUYER!!!

Oh yea do mentioned my buy to John. He will know who you're talkin' about. Hint for John - April 1st!!! That should knock his head!

------------------
Old 04-12-2001, 01:13 AM
7th Gear

Bought my Aegean Blue TL-S no-navi, wheel locks, mud flaps (soon to be removed) out the door for 32,800. South Coast Acura, talked to George (fleet manager).

Tell him John S. sent ya!
Old 04-12-2001, 01:26 AM
Racer

Question

stephenrazor....that "out the door" price does it include tax and license?
Old 04-12-2001, 02:06 AM
Instructor

Hey meihk7 I'll bet your Aegean Blue was the same one on the floor when I bought my TL last week...in fact John was the guy who gave me my test drive but Joe said he had to do my deal coz the price was so low low low...John is a good guy and I'm glad to see he got your business. Those guys at South Coast are awesome!
Old 04-12-2001, 02:06 AM
7th Gear

yip! Tax + destination + license + doc fees. Anyone know which dealership has the best service in SoCal? I'm not gonna take it to Cerritos, owned an Integra before and they just suck!
Old 04-12-2001, 12:13 PM

Pulled the following from the Edmunds Town Hall site:

Here is the link: http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/We...0@.ee9c8c1/546

----------------

#522 of 523 Let me know if you still want to buy 2002 TL Type S? by acurasales1 Apr 11, 2001 (10:50 pm)
Hi, Gordon
email to me
John_Huynh@yahoo.com
If you still want to buy at $29,600 Plus Tax and License.
I probadly can help you.

I work for Acura in Orange County.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#523 of 523 2002 Acura TL Type S Good Deals. by acurasales1 Apr 11, 2001 (11:00 pm)
Anyone who want good deal for this vehicle.
Please email to me. I'm located in Orange County.
Southern California.

E-Mail Address: john_huynh@yahoo.com

Old 04-12-2001, 02:00 PM

Talking

Originally posted by AZFANSINNC:
Pulled the following from the Edmunds Town Hall site:

Here is the link: http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/We...0@.ee9c8c1/546

Hey Meihk7 -

Awesome price - Best yet for Southern California. I've been tracking this string very closely for quite some time. Looking to buy within the next two weeks or so but the prices just seem to get better an better so I'm holding off.

One question though was that with the Navi? I'm assuming its not. Did John quote you a price with Navi? If so, please enlighten the rest of us in So Cal. Either way I'll find out eventually.

So far from my own personal research and tracking and deals that I've been working, South Coast Acura is the dealer of choice.

I challenge any other dealers who I know read this forum, to step up and meet the challenge.

Thanks for all of the contributions from all of the members for keeping this string alive.

----------------

#522 of 523 Let me know if you still want to buy 2002 TL Type S? by acurasales1 Apr 11, 2001 (10:50 pm)
Hi, Gordon
email to me
John_Huynh@yahoo.com
If you still want to buy at $29,600 Plus Tax and License.
I probadly can help you.

I work for Acura in Orange County.

Old 04-12-2001, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by Scotty:
Scotty! I bought my car with nav of course. Oh let just said he(John) didn't get a chance to quote me a price w/ navi. He knew I want the car that day no matter what except payin' MSRP. I was the one who did most of the talking. =)

Oh yea!!! DON'T GO TO CANYON ACURA in Anaheim unless you like to be haggled. hehehe... That's the truth! One thing for sure, I loved their office chairs.

Tustin Acura was my first stop, but they didn't have my car with navi. Salesman told he could have it install, but I was impatient.

Two places any of you might want to stop by are Tustin Acura (Micheal K. - very cool dude and straight forward) and SouthCoast Acura (John H. - no need to say anything...)

Hey Eztider!! What do you say we trade car for a day ha? hehehe... =) By the way, if you did get your car for that price out the door ($32,900) with navi then YOU ARE THE MASTER, Eztider!!! BELOW MSRP PRICE OUT THE DOOR!!! WHOOOPS!!! You got yours without Navi! hehehe... I take that back being a 'MASTER'! hehehe.... By the way, what is so good with moonroof visor? ...just courious

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by meihk7 on April 12, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-12-2001, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Talking

Hey Meihk7, once you drive around with your moonroof open for a while you'll know why you want the visor! To cut the turbulence and wind noise, of course. I would have bought it but it's much better for Joe to give it to me. It let me know he really wanted my business and he got my sale.

As for the nav, yeah, it would be nice to have the cool toy but it didn't fit into my deal. I tend to keep my cars a long time and I had to wonder how current the system is going to be 8, 9, 10 years from now. I don't want to get into any controversy or discussion about nav vs non-nav; for me it was, if they fit it into the deal, fine, if not, that's okay too. I know you will enjoy yours.

Jim
Old 04-12-2001, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Talking

BlueFrank my out the door, including tax, license, docs, mud flaps, wheel locks, was $32,900 AND I am getting the moonroof visor "off the books". Also from South Coast Acura.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:03 PM
Racer

Talking

Just got off the phone with John from South Coast Acura....I told him I won't pay more than 31,200 for a 2002 TL-S with nav.. Is that a fair price or am I way off base here?

I read about tlsdave price of 31230...so I am trying to negotiate a similar deal

I'll let everyone know how it turns out...
Old 04-14-2001, 01:12 AM
Instructor

Cool

>> .. Is that a fair price or am I way off base here? << bluefrank

Hey I hope you get it but be prepared to pay a little more...in my case I did not want to negotiate or haggle so I proposed a higher price to remove the temptation to try and "bump" me. I don't get any pleasure out of that sort of thing. I was in and out of there in my new car in about two hours. That included a call to my bank to verify financing and all the paperwork, detail the car, etc. Ask John how smoothly my deal went when you see him.

Jim
Old 04-14-2001, 04:34 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check it out
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006963.html
Old 04-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Racer

Here is my update South Coast Acura Gave me a price pretty close to 31,200...but I told John(cool guy) I was willing to wait to get my price. He stated he might be able to do the deal mid week when business is slow or at the end of the month...by the way why are dealers willing to be more flexible at the end of month?( I know somebody will want my 1,200 over invoice) just a matter of time!

Received a call from my local dealer here in Riverside. The guy said he was from Customer Service and wanted to know why we could'nt make a deal for the TL-S with nav when I was in earlier in the week...Told him the following story : I asked my sleezeperson if he would be willing to deal at least 2,000 under MSRP he stated will you buy today if I get you the deal you want? I responded sure will....Needless to say after 2 sleezeperson's and one sleeze manager later, when it was time to do the contract the numbers showed MSRP. I WAS PISSED THIS WAS AFTER 2 HOURS OF NEGOTIATIONS!!!

When I pointed this out to this sleeze manager he stated "the other sleezeperson didn't tell you were getting MSRP on this new model" I responded thanks for wasting my time.

Well the Customer Service guy seemed shocked to hear this(must have took acting classes in cali somewhere)..Then he wanted to know how he could earn my business...I told him I wanted the car for 31,200 and a spoiler for under cost...hehehe

He stated, if I give you the price you want and a spoiler for 500 dollars will you do the deal...I said here we go again...He said no no no I promise I won't waste your time.

Stated he would get back to me by mid week also...By the way is 500 for a spoiler under cost?

Sorry about the long post had to vent!
Feel much better now

P.S. Will be doing all deals over the phone/fax from now on.

Old 04-15-2001, 02:30 PM
Racer

Angry

Here is my update South Coast Acura Gave me a price pretty close to 31,200...but I told John(cool guy) I was willing to wait to get my price. He stated he might be able to do the deal mid week when business is slow or at the end of the month...by the way why are dealers willing to be more flexible at the end of month?( I know somebody will want my 1,200 over invoice) just a matter of time!

Received a call from my local dealer here in Riverside. The guy said he was from Customer Service and wanted to know why we could'nt make a deal for the TL-S with nav when I was in earlier in the week...Told him the following story : I asked my sleezeperson if he would be willing to deal at least 2,000 under MSRP he stated will you buy today if I get you the deal you want? I responded sure will....Needless to say after 2 sleezeperson's and one sleeze manager later, when it was time to do the contract the numbers showed MSRP. I WAS PISSED THIS WAS AFTER 2 HOURS OF NEGOTIATIONS!!!

When I pointed this out to this sleeze manager he stated "the other sleezeperson didn't tell you were getting MSRP on this new model" I responded thanks for wasting my time.

Well the Customer Service guy seemed shocked to hear this(must have took acting classes in cali somewhere)..Then he wanted to know how he could earn my business...I told him I wanted the car for 31,200 and a spoiler for under cost...hehehe

He stated, if I give you the price you want and a spoiler for 500 dollars will you do the deal...I said here we go again...He said no no no I promise I won't waste your time.

Stated he would get back to me by mid week also...By the way is 500 for a spoiler under cost?

Sorry about the long post had to vent!
Feel much better now

P.S. Will be doing all deals over the phone/fax from now on.

Quick Reply: Best dealers in So Cal for TL-S?