Acura Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acura Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for Acura keyless entry remotes?

My Acura dealer wants $129 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (02 TL, 97 CL).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Dont pay ANYONE TO PROGRAM THEM FOR YOU. do i t yourself and if you dont know HOW your in the right place... USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!! IT TAKES LESS THAN ONE MINUTE TO PROGRAM, why pay all that money for some bull like that!
Programming is as easy as 1 2 3 !
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

I do still have programming instructions...just gotta find the remotes.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Racer

programming is easy and for the tl remotes on ebay u need the goldish color ones with a certain fcc code : e4eg8d-444ha , u can program urself in 5 minutes the instructions ar in hear just search
Old 10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Cruisin'

Well, no ebay, I got ripped off 3 times in a row (read 1st post) and I do have the instructions....just seeing if anyone has better dealer quotes or another source besides ebay or the KR site.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Missing Machismo

mine charges 75$ for a 2000 remote
im not paying it i just need a proper fcc code for thhe 2000 tlp
Old 10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
well considering how much a dealership will charge, its still your best bet to get one off Ebay. just check the sellers feedback and you should be fine. I have gotten 2 off Ebay and they work just fine for about $10 each. sorry for your bad luck off Ebay though
Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
My "P" SpAnKs YouR "S"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude I paid 10 bux shipped off of ebay. the dealer prog. for free. I just asked the manager to hook me up.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 93Miata
What does your local dealer charge for Acura keyless entry remotes?

My Acura dealer wants $129 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (02 TL, 97 CL).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
well sorry to hear that about Ebay.. but i'm Ebay power seller and you canget yourmoney back for all three.. always make sure buy from good seller ..second use yoru credit card always .. instead doing money transfer or bank debit.. you can report to ebay and they will refund your money if item was not as was in listing ..
Old 10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Speed42005
well sorry to hear that about Ebay.. but i'm Ebay power seller and you canget yourmoney back for all three.. always make sure buy from good seller ..second use yoru credit card always .. instead doing money transfer or bank debit.. you can report to ebay and they will refund your money if item was not as was in listing ..

I agree. I used E-Bay to get a new remote and had no problem. Challenge the last 3 sales and make sure that you are buying from someone with good feedback. I got it from "lockyourcar" He sent instructions and the fob was new as described. The directions are a little tricky with the on, push, off, on, push... but it worked the 3rd time I tried programming. I was doing it wrong. Check the FCC numbers on the back of your remotes. Make sure they sent you the right ones.

I had a 97 CL, but never programmed the remote. It was easy enough with the TL. I would try to re-program the remotes that came with the car. Make sure you are doing it right. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
2010 TL SH-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought mine from ebay too. $15 shipped priority from "emperes". received it in 2days. Went out on lunch break and program my remote in 5 min.

On the back of my remote it says "memory 1" and the guy sent me a memory 2 remote(good deal, I didnt notice it). I dont know if that will matter or not because its for the memory seats
Old 10-08-2005, 10:56 PM
TL DREAMS

Smile

I bought a new keyless entry for 79$ for my 99 TL , I also got my service writer to fax me a copy of the programing instructions. I still have it in my car some where, I will look for it tomorrow. If you give me a fax number I will fax it to you.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Cruisin'

I paid with a money order, so I had to file a claim with USPS, but they seemed to hint that it just goes on the person's file, and theyre not sure what could happen if the person gets a lot of complaints.

On an ebay forum, some people suggested that I should have used Paypal, but as I already know, all the seller has to do is prove they shipped SOMETHING to you - so even an empty box with a delivery confirmation number means you're screwed. I filed complaints with ebay, but I am still awaiting a response.

I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other KR site wants about $95 a piece with shipping for the 02 TL remote.

They're about 1/3 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...hg?productId=4

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my CL as well.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Intermediate

Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all the transmitters once you're in the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

2. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. Make sure the transmitter is aimed at the receiver above the glove box.

3. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).

4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times. Use the same transmitter used in step 2.

5. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

6. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button again.

7. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on each transmitter you want to program. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.

8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the programming, I'll have to see if it matches what I get when the package gets delivered.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Cruisin'

I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today. 6 days isn't bad especially when one was a Sunday.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the CL I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the TL and a pair for the CL. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!