RL Aspec suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
RL Aspec suspension question

I'm looking at a used RL. I've seen a select few that have the A spec appearance package on them. does that usuallymean the car has the a spec suspension on it, or is there some special badgingon the car to indicate it has the upgraded suspension?

I've seen quite a few RLs that have the 18" wheels that are the "a spec" wheels...but it's just a wheel upgrade, they don't have any other a spec parts.

i'm interested in an RL but want something sort of sporty. i'm on the fence between an RL and a TL-S.... have driven the TL-S but not the RL...not yet. i want to try a regular one, and an aspec one to see how much difference that suspensio makes.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You are correct in asking whether a used RL has the full A-Spec package or just parts. Just like on the TL, the RL A-Spec consists of

Body kit
Suspension
Wheels

And any of these can be applied separately. Only with the full package should you see the A-Spec badging. Many here have the A-Spec body kit alone, or some combination of A-Spec. In my case, I have the suspension and wheels, the part of the kit that provides a performance difference. Therefore, just because an RL has the A-Spec body kit doesn't mean that the car has the rest of the kit except if there's the badging, and even that is not 100% guarantee.

If you're the kind to look at the TL-S, you will like the A-Spec suspension and wheels. a) the stock RL wheels look like crap and the 18" wheels look great to me and b) the A-Spec greatly improves handling in the twisties compared to the stock suspension.

So that gives you a place to start. Search for threads on A-Spec suspension and wheels and you will get more opinions regarding the function of the A-Spec parts.

HTH!