A-Spec Suspension Kit. Going, going...gone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
A-Spec Suspension Kit. Going, going...gone?

Hi there, we learned that these kits were just a couple pieces away from extinction so we snapped up everything we could. If you have a 3g TL and are looking for a new A-Spec suspension kit, act fast because we only have a few of these on hand (got 8, sold 2 right away, and as of this post only 6 on hand).

Originally Posted by Heeltoe's Blog
These are a run of a the last inventory we could find of A-Spec suspension kits. These are 08W60-SEP-201B kits, which are officially 6MT kits, but can be used without any fitment or handling concerns on ANY 2004-08 Acura TL, including Type-S models. The 5AT kits have been discontinued for some time now and we have been selling 6MT kits in their place without problems for more than a year. But, they supply has come to the end of the line! We bought up this inventory to supply to our customers. This is possibly the last chance you will have to get a new in box A-Spec suspension for your 3g TL!

Old 09-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
How much?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Price?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
Damnit Marcus.. are you still in socal with these or did they move up with you?!?!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Please find current pricing on Heeltoeauto.com in the Clearance section!

Neither, thoiboi! They are in Oregon, where I sourced them originally!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Hi there, we learned that these kits were just a couple pieces away from extinction...
Who told you this?

The 5AT kits have been discontinued for some time now...
Same question as above.

Originally Posted by TacoBello
How much?
$715.66 shipped to Dallas ($664.88 [with Azine discount] plus a whopping $50.80 shipping charge.)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Who told you this?
A person with 15 years in this business, and 4 years as a Honda parts counter-person, is able to obtain information. PS, I like to refrain from posting pricing in un-editable posts because they can change (up or down) at any time. Best to check the site for all the latest.

We have been monitoring the stock on these for some time... when we last checked, there were 13 sets available with Honda in the USA. The next day, there were 8... we bought the 8. Obviously, the 5 went somewhere.

Most definitely there are some sets floating around out there NOT in our possession, but I promise you they are in very thin supply. If want a set, I suggest getting them now. From us, a dealer on eBay, wherever. Or forever hold your peace.

When we contracted with Eibach to re-produce the RDX springs which had been discontinued years prior, customers went scouring North America to find whatever they could still on shelves. A few people found some... We learned of at least a few customers (2-3?) which found sets years after they were discontinued. But we had a run of 50 made, and are making 50 more as we speak.

And if you wanna analyze our price, you should know we've discounted our listing below MSRP which is $800+. More than 17% off after our discount is applied. Heeltoe is not a dealership and our cost basis is higher, so we've priced these at a price that makes sense to our business.

Just because we are not the lowest price does not mean we are priced high...

Hi there MonkeyTrucker.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just ordered one about 3 weeks ago and it was discontinued everywhere I checked. Ended up at the NY acura dealer and they had some in stock but it was obvious that it was getting low.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
"And if you wanna analyze our price, you should know we've discounted our listing below MSRP which is $800+. More than 17% off after our discount is applied. Heeltoe is not a dealership and our cost basis is higher, so we've priced these at a price that makes sense to our business.

Just because we are not the lowest price does not mean we are priced high..."

I personally don't care what the MSRP is, because no dealership that I have seen prices the kit at MSRP. You are obviously taking advantage of the "limited resources" situation by gouging your buyers on the prices.

I understand you have to make a profit, but if you truly cared about the Acura TL community you would leave well enough alone. Instead, in order to make a profit you have to jack up your prices to recover shipping the parts twice (from the dealer to you, and from you to us). Just leave well enough alone and let us purchase them from the dealers. It's not like the parts are going to up and vanish if you leave them in the dealer's stock.

I recently had them priced at $608 shipped from a dealer, and even with your discount that you offer to us Acurazine'ers you are still $100 over that price.

Marcus, you've been a help to me in the past, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
The following 3 users liked this post by CB900Fer:
4drviper (09-23-2015), MonkeyTrucker (09-21-2015), polish_pat (10-14-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CB900Fer
I understand you have to make a profit, but if you truly cared about the Acura TL community you would leave well enough alone. Instead, in order to make a profit you have to jack up your prices to recover shipping the parts twice (from the dealer to you, and from you to us). Just leave well enough alone and let us purchase them from the dealers. It's not like the parts are going to up and vanish if you leave them in the dealer's stock.

Marcus, you've been a help to me in the past, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
I didn't change my price at all on these kits. I am selling for the same $689 that I always have. We've sold 3 this year already, not including this batch. Our price is not the lowest but it is more than fair, considering the supply.

I saw an opportunity to make sure these kits would go to Acurazine members and my loyal customers instead of other random people so I bought them up. And you are right I wanted to make a couple bucks in the process...my continued employment sorta dictates it. Yeah ok, some people are going to pay more than they could have. That happens every day, everywhere in the world. As long as the price is fair, what wrong are we doing?

Sir, we sell lots of genuine parts every week, and they all can be had at other vendors for cheaper prices. People like our store, our service, and our offerings. THAT is what earns sales. If we've helped you in the past (maybe even sold you something) then we are still here to do that today.

Your low-price dealers...they can NEVER do what we do.

AND THEN THERE WERE 5. Sold another one over the weekend.

Last edited by MrHeeltoe; 09-22-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
<p>Jesus...poor Marcus. It seems you have to defend yourself often around here. :/</p><p>Dismiss Monkey he appears to be a negative nancy to me.</p><p>And I always remember the aspec kit being at or right around that price.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>
The following 3 users liked this post by maharajamd:
EL19 (10-20-2015), Morrissey25 (10-10-2015), MrHeeltoe (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maharajamd
<p>Jesus...poor Marcus. It seems you have to defend yourself often around here. :/</p><p>Dismiss Monkey he appears to be a negative nancy to me.</p><p>And I always remember the aspec kit being at or right around that price.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>
Man I know...I feel like I just showed up trying to slang cases of "new Coke."
Old 09-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
for a few hundred more you can get a sweet set of coils let them sit on the shelf at those prices
Old 09-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oh Sickest TL
for a few hundred more you can get a sweet set of coils let them sit on the shelf at those prices
I have a $1600 set of KW Variant 1 in stock...you can see them in between the A-Spec kits and the XLR8 exhaust I had in stock (at the time of the pic) in the OP. You know, there are all kinds of people out there.

Gentlemen, I am going ask if we could please keep postings limited to those of the productively inquisitive or generally positive variety.
The following 2 users liked this post by MrHeeltoe:
Morrissey25 (10-10-2015), thoiboi (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Sorry for all this 'backlash', Marcus.. Although it is a little more expensive, I don't think anyone has a right to complain. You are the vendor after all, if they don't like it, don't buy! Pretty damn simple. I was seriously contemplating it, but after some more research, I realized it wasn't the right choice for me. So I'm not buying.. That's the power of the free market, gents... Sellers can price at whatever price they want. Someone out there will buy it. That's all that matters.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Sorry for all this 'backlash', Marcus.. Although it is a little more expensive, I don't think anyone has a right to complain. You are the vendor after all, if they don't like it, don't buy! Pretty damn simple. I was seriously contemplating it, but after some more research, I realized it wasn't the right choice for me. So I'm not buying.. That's the power of the free market, gents... Sellers can price at whatever price they want. Someone out there will buy it. That's all that matters.
Thanks for the support. There are a lot of options for suspension parts and we definitely aren't limited to just A-Specs. I just recently talked a potential customer OUT of one of these kits in favor of some Konis, as an example.

Please feel free to take advantage of our free consultation services (ie, call me!) if you'd like to see about our recommendation for your needs.

(It's more a supply and demand issue, than a free market issue here...and it is true that "someone out there will buy it," more importantly "there are many people who are fine with the price." We aren't taking advantage of people. We are doing what we can and some people appreciate that).
Old 09-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
You guys will argue over anything around here. I guess it's a Honda forum after all.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VisualEchos
You guys will argue over anything around here. I guess it's a Honda forum after all.
It didn't used to be like this...

Inventory update...and then there were four.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Sorry for all this 'backlash', Marcus.. Although it is a little more expensive, I don't think anyone has a right to complain. You are the vendor after all, if they don't like it, don't buy! Pretty damn simple. That's the power of the free market, gents... Sellers can price at whatever price they want. Someone out there will buy it. That's all that matters.
I don't have a problem with the free market. But the issue is that I really want this kit and now he's the "only" place to buy it (though there are still a couple others out there that I have found). He has essentially created a monopoly.

Gentlemen, I am going ask if we could please keep postings limited to those of the productively inquisitive or generally positive variety.
I will respect this, and I want to let the community know that Marcus has reached out to me and has tried to help explain himself as much as possible. I know that he is simply following good business practices. I am just frustrated that he has created somewhat of a monopoly.

I appreciate his making this kit available for us A'ziners, but in my opinion it doesn't seem to be much of a favor.

With all of that said, I'll hold my peace. I have supported Marcus with almost $1,000 of purchases over the past year, and will continue to in the future. I appreciate his contributions. I had to call him for one of my first purchases and I was very surprised by his congeniality and helpfulness.
MrHeeltoe (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
How on earth could you be mad that one of our supporting vendors was proactive in acquiring the last few of these kits? On the contrary, I'd be happy that he/they had the knowledge and determination in getting them. And I'd almost say that was done FOR US to have a chance at them...not to make a bunch of money from it.
The following 3 users liked this post by maharajamd:
EvilVirus (09-24-2015), justnspace (10-12-2015), MrHeeltoe (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Originally Posted by maharajamd
How on earth could you be mad that one of our supporting vendors was proactive in acquiring the last few of these kits? On the contrary, I'd be happy that he/they had the knowledge and determination in getting them. And I'd almost say that was done FOR US to have a chance at them...not to make a bunch of money from it.
It's a good thing CB900Fer doesn't have AIDS or else your medication would be raised by 5000%!
Old 09-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
It's a good thing CB900Fer doesn't have AIDS or else your medication would be raised by 5000%!
That's both not relevant, and not funny.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
As a general DIY guy and information sharer, I'd just like to say that I love and back Marcus 100%. I've bought nearly nothing from him for the TL but he was the only guy selling the hard top lock for my previous S2000...sent the wrong color, handled it like a champ (with a personal phone call to straighten it out). It's very hard to find people like that and how they handle mistakes is really where you can see the gumption of a business/person. He left a great taste in my mouth and I'd absolutely bring any future business to him.

I'd gladly, actually, I'd INSIST on paying him a little extra for his time/effort and for keeping his business around. People like him, Bruce, Richie are to be applauded for what they do for the aftermarket for cars (mostly the 3G TL) that have (or have had) little to no aftermarket support.

Last edited by rockstar143; 09-24-2015 at 07:59 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by rockstar143:
EvilVirus (12-15-2015), Morrissey25 (10-10-2015), MrHeeltoe (09-25-2015), Oh Sickest TL (09-25-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Hatters gonna hatte Marcus, you're a great guy, most of us know that.

I first heard of you from my friend Phillip (lippstuh) who came to you for some stuff for his CL-S. He's since moved on to a G37S but when he told me about you, you sounded like a great guy to do business with. Sucked that you moved out of SoCal though ! I'm sure you will keep up the great work. When I start working on my car again, I'll be in touch!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Race Director

Not correct. Only raised by 15% or $98 (shipped) from what I paid for the kit.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
+1 for Marcus.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by CB900Fer
this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Not correct. Only raised by 15% or $98 (shipped) from what I paid for the kit.
hes referring to the recent monopoly acquired by turing pharmaceuticals, who raised aids medication prices by 5000%. His statement was rhetorical
Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
..His statement was rhetorical
Duh
Old 09-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

There is business...and then there are hedge fund managers who are already pretty scummy who then work for pharma, which are also scummy. Two professions that, if whose practices were called "gambling" and "drug dealing" would otherwise be illegal.

I don't appreciate being anywhere near the same category as a bunch of drug dealers just because I happen to own a business. That's all.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
All you did was secure a product that you had good information was going to be unavailable soon. That's the basic principle of supply and demand, the first lesson in any economics class. Don't feel guilty Marcus. Actually, I sniped up an a-spec suspension kit a few months ago. But if I hadn't I would have happily paid slightly more to get one. You have no reason to feel bad. Your price is fair. And if someone doesn't feel that it's fair, they have the option not to purchase it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vlad_Type_S:
EvilVirus (12-15-2015), justnspace (10-12-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Team Owner

There is business...and then there are hedge fund managers who are already pretty scummy who then work for pharma, which are also scummy. Two professions that, if whose practices were called "gambling" and "drug dealing" would otherwise be illegal.

I don't appreciate being anywhere near the same category as a bunch of drug dealers just because I happen to own a business. That's all.
Dude, don't worry about these guys. There is a lot of butthurt coming from some of these members, and apparently it should be illegal to run a business that utilizes the same fundamental principles MOST businesses run on

"Butt dat ninja should be givin' us dealz cuz we's a community!" Um, right, and that's how businesses go out of business. And then you can go source anything else TL related on your own. If y'all are complaining about a set of desirable, oem shocks for the price he posted, you should sell your TLs and get a 1981 Civic. FFS.

I, on the other hand, appreciate any and all support our cars get. Keep it up, man! I wouldn't go around calling every dealership in the US for something that's discontinued and in limited quantities and trying to explain to people what I'm after. I did that once, looking for a discontinued, oem Accord lip kit back in the day. Never again. I would check out our vendors though. I can check through their sites or call them about rare stuff that they know about and get an answer in 30 seconds, I flat. That alone is worth the price difference.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
You don't create a "monopoly" by buying 8 a-spec suspension for a 7+ years old car...

He didn't gouge the price, he made it available for Azine instead of having to hunt all over the states for a dealership who might sell it...
The following 2 users liked this post by polobunny:
EvilVirus (12-15-2015), TacoBello (09-25-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Team Owner

Better call the federal Government. They need to put an end to this monolopy!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:52 PM

Wammmmbulance!
Old 09-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
I've been on the forum for a few years and there has been a lot of confusion with the ASPEC suspension nuances. Look at some of the ASPEC threads that have been around for a while and you'll see parts numbers that supersede from one production batch to the next, confusion created from Acura dealers giving out inaccurate information and members posting the conversations not knowing what to believe, and of course the AT vs MT applications (and associated parts number abmbiguity). At least is seems like this vendor knows what he has, lol, and this can be accurately discussed with those interested in the kit. As for Acura parts people, they have no clue for the most part.

FWIW, ASPEC + Progress RSB is a very daily-driver-friendly performance upgrade, and the Acura engineering of the ASPEC suspension should mean it's built to last.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Down to 3...
Old 10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
PMd you Mr. Heeltoe, this may be my only way to rock something A Spec since I can't get a full OEM body kit for my CBP.

Help a brotha out for cheaper please! LOL
MrHeeltoe (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the PM. We feel the pain on that one there. :/ CBP is easily the sickest T TL-S color, too. It deserves a lip kit even if you need to paint it!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM

CBP is my favorite color too...hands down.
I have a buddy looking for a kit, but I think he accepted that it won't happen.

Quick Reply: A-Spec Suspension Kit. Going, going...gone?