new member:CLUB NAV

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007 | 07:59 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

Red face new member:CLUB NAV

Well I got my DVD nav unit repaired back from Alpine. It said the unit had been abused and damaged. They replaced the DVD-ROM section and front face plate for only $162 including 2nd day air from Cal. (I had paid 170 incl freight for the DVD Nav off of EBAY) The great news is that I installed it tonight and it worked.

I still have to figure out how to use it, but it works and gives me voice instructions to my destinations. I am not sure if the HFL is working right, but I will report back over the weekend with more details.

I am a little disappointed with the resolution on the screen..prehaps that is because I don't have the complete package...but I am very happy with what I do have.
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by larrynimmo
I am a little disappointed with the resolution on the screen..prehaps that is because I don't have the complete package...but I am very happy with what I do have.

The screen part numbers are identical for the NAV and Base RL models, at least for the '07 that I have. The resolution is something like 377,000 pixels
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Larry, show us a picture of your navi screen so we can judge whether or not it is normal.
Old 09-16-2007 | 04:54 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Larry, show us a picture of your navi screen so we can judge whether or not it is normal.
here is the pic...

h

This nav unit has been great...i have everything except for xmtraffic and acuralink.

I still can't believe that Acura would have made this "upgrade" so easy.
Old 09-16-2007 | 05:01 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

the lines on the screen are not that visable by the naked eye. I guess the line scanning makes it look that way on the photograph. You can clearly read the towns road names road numbers but the overall image doesn't seem to have a lot of resolution. Look at the edges on the road numbers
Old 09-16-2007 | 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by larrynimmo
the lines on the screen are not that visable by the naked eye. I guess the line scanning makes it look that way on the photograph. You can clearly read the towns road names road numbers but the overall image doesn't seem to have a lot of resolution. Look at the edges on the road numbers
I think it looks normal. Here's a picture from a CNET review of the 06 RL navigation screen. They even noted that the screen resolution then was no longer the best among competing nav systems. I think it looks similar to the picture you posted.

I've never really minded the resolution of the screen. I guess it would be more of an issue if you were playing DVD's on it or something. I would assume we'll see an upgraded system with the next TL and RL. Congratulations on getting your Nav to work.
Old 09-16-2007 | 05:15 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

I do agree...the cnet screen looks like it could be mine...im ok with it,...i just thought it would be better.
Old 09-16-2007 | 06:42 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Do you get the same Diagnostiic screen pressing CANCEL + MAP + MENU simultaneously (In your case MAP = COMPASS). I think there are display tuning features in there. Take a look and we can confirm the resoution settings are the same. There are also System Self Test options in there.

It sounds like you only have mislabeled buttons now on the center stack? Good Job!