For Touge... or anyone that can help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Touge... or anyone that can help!

For some reason I can't send PM's so I'm going to post here. Maybe because I'm new? Anyone that can throw me some info here would be great.

I was browsing pics of Touge's modded out silver RL and was wondering where to find a number of things:

1. The aftermarket headlights with the clear corner turning signals.

2. The 5zigen exhaust. I went on their company website yet theres no where to actually purchase it.

3. The aftermarket puddle lights. I googled puddle lights and it really didn't help.

4. The AEM cold air intake.

5. The optional rear spoiler thats comes with some of the RL's

Please help I've been looking around forever!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Touge has an online store... http://www.visionaryracing.com/store...ewCat&catId=17
For the oem spoiler I'd try www.acuraoemparts.com.

I think you need to have made at least 5 posts before you can send a PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Honda Legend headlights :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/-RL-...sspagenameZWD1V

5zigen Exhaust : Online Shopping Under Construction. Try Calling! 310-608-5575
List and Price http://www.5zigenusa.com/english/pr...eball_mega.html

Puddle Lights and AEM Intake : Get it from Touge (718)487-4516
http://www.visionaryracing.com/main.htm

Rear Spoiler :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...sspagenameZWD1V
Old 04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You can't PM because you have to have a certain number of posts before you can. It helps us avoid spam via PM. I believe the latest number is 10 posts prior to PM'ing. Unfortunately, Touge is no longer an official site vendor, but for many of these parts he's only show in town, so to speak. To answer your questions:

Originally Posted by JackedRL
1. The aftermarket headlights with the clear corner turning signals.
You are referring to Touge's JDM Legend headlights. You'd have to go to the Visionary Racing website referenced above to purchase that.

2. The 5zigen exhaust. I went on their company website yet theres no where to actually purchase it.
Again, Visionary Racing. Another option is to contact Excelerate Performance, which is an official site vendor. Either would have to order directly from Japan.

3. The aftermarket puddle lights. I googled puddle lights and it really didn't help.
You'll need to email Sam (Touge) via Visionary Racing to find his source for that.

4. The AEM cold air intake.
I have one and it's still going strong with 18k miles on it. . It is a slightly modified AEM CAI for the 3G TL. The only person selling this is Touge, so again, you have to go to Visionary Racing.

5. The optional rear spoiler thats comes with some of the RL's
You are referring to the lip spoiler. I second eBay as the low-cost option. NOTE: the links in the post above are broken. You can also order from Hondacuraworld (Tim), another official site vendor. http://www.hondacuraworld.com

HTH!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 AM
10th Gear

awesome! thanks guys. i think i'm gonna check out hondaacuraworld.com for some of the optional/oem stuff and touge's website.

for those of you that have heard/installed the 5zigen exhaust how do you like it? i'm about to commit to it i just don't know if my rl would retain that classy look
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
donnie

awesome! thanks guys. i think i'm gonna check out hondaacuraworld.com for some of the optional/oem stuff and touge's website.

for those of you that have heard/installed the 5zigen exhaust how do you like it? i'm about to commit to it i just don't know if my rl would retain that classy look
I have all three power mods on mine. I have the exhaust, aem and the unorthodox underdrive pulley. I love them all. the air intake sounds amazing and i get compliments on it all the time. Definitely go for it.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
10th Gear

whats the underdrive pulley and which did you get? easy to install? sorry as you can see i dont know too much about this stufff haha
Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Click on the "Cardomain page" link in my signature to see videos with a comparison of the sound vs. stock on my car. The car still looks classy. The stock exhaust has pipes that are about the same size, but the opening is filled with sound deadener. The 5zigen sticks out a little further, but that's part of the point of having the exhaust. Only someone who knows the RL well can tell there's a significant difference.

whats the underdrive pulley and which did you get? easy to install? sorry as you can see i dont know too much about this stufff haha
An underdrive pulley serves two purposes: it is usually of lighter weight than the stock pulley, and it underdrives the accessories that are controlled by the engine (like the AC) by a certain percentage. The combination causes the engine to rev easier and it theoretically increases engine power to the wheels because it's not being diverted to the AC. Unfortunately, no one has done pre- and post-install dynos for this mod, and so we have to depend on "seat of the pants" dynos that say that the engine indeed revs easier and feels more powerful. You can also buy a stock-sized pulley that is lighter, with a similar effect, though you may lose a couple of HP (not noticeable) in the process.

As far as which to buy, official vendor Excelerate sells Unorthodox Racing stock-sized and underdrive pulleys--our cars take exactly the same size as the 3G TL. Touge sells a custom-made pulley specifically for our RLs.

HTH!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Click on the "Cardomain page" link in my signature to see videos with a comparison of the sound vs. stock on my car. The car still looks classy. The stock exhaust has pipes that are about the same size, but the opening is filled with sound deadener. The 5zigen sticks out a little further, but that's part of the point of having the exhaust. Only someone who knows the RL well can tell there's a significant difference.

An underdrive pulley serves two purposes: it is usually of lighter weight than the stock pulley, and it underdrives the accessories that are controlled by the engine (like the AC) by a certain percentage. The combination causes the engine to rev easier and it theoretically increases engine power to the wheels because it's not being diverted to the AC. Unfortunately, no one has done pre- and post-install dynos for this mod, and so we have to depend on "seat of the pants" dynos that say that the engine indeed revs easier and feels more powerful. You can also buy a stock-sized pulley that is lighter, with a similar effect, though you may lose a couple of HP (not noticeable) in the process.

As far as which to buy, official vendor Excelerate sells Unorthodox Racing stock-sized and underdrive pulleys--our cars take exactly the same size as the 3G TL. Touge sells a custom-made pulley specifically for our RLs.

HTH!
your ride sounds great, it definitely sold me. just put in an order for the woodgrain wheel, knob, and optional rear deck spoiler, now i think im gonna get the pulley's off touges website too. theres no chance aftermarket pulleys like these can cause mechanical problems in the future are there?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You won't have any issues Jack. The pulley is a external engine mod and the RL's engine is internally balanced.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

What Touge said. Glad to see you visit!