Same old tricks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same old tricks!!!

I was the proud owner of a TL, for 2 days. I just took it back and handed the keys to the sales manager.

Hall Acura, in Virginia Beach, VA, tried the old your "financing wasn't approved, you have to sign this new lease, scam."

I told them as I sat in the F&I office that I would bring the car back if they changed a single thing.

So I did.

I wouldn't give them back the manuals, etc, until they gave me back the original documents and the copies of my drivers license. Then they only gave me back some of my documents. When I said there was some missing, the sales manager went into her office and mysteriously found them. Suprise!

I had picked the car up on Saturday, and they gave me 2 days to fall in love. But it's only a car and I don't put up with that kind of scam from anyone.

If they had told me the correct information up front, or had told me that I would not be approved for the lease, I would have done something else to buy the car. But they did every thing they could to get me into the dealership and then pulled that on me.

Take what ever lesson that you like from this.

Let the buyer beware.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Instructor

sorry for your troubles....

just out of curiosity, how many miles did you put on it?

can they sell that car as "new"? i would buy a car with 200 miles on it.....

there was a VW dealership in my town that went out of business for that kid of shiiiiiiite.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
10th Gear

tricks

Only 80 or so, not enough.

It was titled, so I don't know. Interesting question.

Originally Posted by melly
sorry for your troubles....

just out of curiosity, how many miles did you put on it?

can they sell that car as "new"? i would buy a car with 200 miles on it.....

there was a VW dealership in my town that went out of business for that kid of shiiiiiiite.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Racer

The stupid dealer lost more than you did. Now that it has a used car on its hands. You on the other hand could go to another more honest (relatively) dealership to get another car. It is just too bad that you have to go through such an experience.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Two things I find hard to believe:

1). That they would release the car without financial approval from the bank source...(very unlikely or very stupid).

2). That they would not try to reconcile you with some BS after they realize you are on your way to give the car back!
Like...Oh hello Mr. Jones....after we talked to you about the problem, we got back to the bank to tell them you are dropping the car off & they reconsidered....all is OK now, here is a free oil & lube voucher for your troubles.........

Talk about a scheme backfiring! Gosh...what was on their scamming minds!

I just can't believe they did not have an "out" & that they let you give them back the car!

Makes me wonder...is it possible they made a mistake & that keeping you in the lease would cost them more then taking the car back from you?

Where they happy to take the car back?
Steve C.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:18 AM
10th Gear

1. I bought on Saturday to help the salesman make his July. We signed and I took the car home.

2. I didn't give them a chance. I made my deal and told them "If you change it, I bring the car back." They did so I kept MY WORD.

Cost to much? As for a quote on a business only lease from Honda Leasing. Your head will spin.

I may not be the best business man in the world, but the one thing that I have learned is that good people make good business and the greedy just loose.

Originally Posted by Steve C
Two things I find hard to believe:

1). That they would release the car without financial approval from the bank source...(very unlikely or very stupid).

2). That they would not try to reconcile you with some BS after they realize you are on your way to give the car back!
Like...Oh hello Mr. Jones....after we talked to you about the problem, we got back to the bank to tell them you are dropping the car off & they reconsidered....all is OK now, here is a free oil & lube voucher for your troubles.........

Talk about a scheme backfiring! Gosh...what was on their scamming minds!

I just can't believe they did not have an "out" & that they let you give them back the car!

Makes me wonder...is it possible they made a mistake & that keeping you in the lease would cost them more then taking the car back from you?

Where they happy to take the car back?
Steve C.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dnmann
I may not be the best business man in the world, but the one thing that I have learned is that good people make good business and the greedy just loose.
Yes, that is the bottom line. From the info you give....sounds like it's greed alright!
Steve C.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what did they change in the new deal?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
I slow down for COPS

I can bet you they will sell the car as new, it was never titled.. Since the financing was not finalized, the car never titled, they may have not filled out the MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Orgin is like a title) or they can apply for a duplicate. It was more like a weekend testdrive.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You bought a TL or an RL? Because if a TL I'm not following the relevance in posting here in the RL forum.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
DEG
Advanced

No offense, but it just sounds like you didn't qualify for the financing. The dealers want to move cars and playing games like that don't net them the time it costs. You also put yourself at risk taking of a new car without the financing secured.