Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts
^^^Staggered? That will go against you.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No - I have a second set of 17"s that I use for snows. (not staggered)
Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude
Wow. Going from a 99 Taurus to a 2nd gen RL. You must be in heaven.

One heck of a difference, and yes I am. I do have other cars also
Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Lakeshore Metallic must mean purple in Japanese. Either way I own it. 08 RL tech certified. Runs well, but I miss my BMW already... I am sure it will grow on me in the long term though.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by chickenmagnet
Lakeshore Metallic must mean purple in Japanese. Either way I own it. 08 RL tech certified. Runs well, but I miss my BMW already... I am sure it will grow on me in the long term though.
CONGRATS! Any specifics to the deal you'd like to share?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
Congratulations! I know how you feel. I still miss my Prelude. Maybe some time we can meet up and do a little photoshoot.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neuronbob
CONGRATS! Any specifics to the deal you'd like to share?
thirteen and my car. Not a smokin' deal, but one I can live with under the circumstances. Being certified it had new front brakes and another $1500 worth of stuff done to it at the end of September. And the warranty is nice though I will blow through that by February.

I typically pay in cash for all my cars, but with the market the way it is I financed the difference. 3.6% on a 72 month used car loan. I can't really compain there either.

I am driving to Steamboat today - 6 hour RT - I should get a good feel for the car.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Advanced

Okay the car definately has good passing power and handles well. I avg'd 26.6 with the trunk fully loaded and canyon/hilly driving over 2 passes to Steamboat and back. I passed 2 semis and 4 hunting trucks with trailers with no problem. It was pretty comfortable and not once was i concerned about anything happening to it...

All I need to do now is get a classy tint, and the snow tires on it - but I think this car is going to work out.

I just cannot get around the color - looks grey sometimes and light purple in the sun - sigh.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Advanced

Here is the actual picture of the car - I was just testing to see if I could post photobucket pictures:

Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
I bought our '06 RL with Lakeshore Silver and on the ad it looked dark grey. Your right, some times it looks grey like now when I look out the window, and then it gets purple in the sun.
Get a clay bar and polish out your paint and then heavily wax it. It will sparkle. I also recommend you get the kit to cover your headlights so they don't go white on you.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Congrats!

I can't say I have ever seen purple in my car. A wax is in order either way.

You can see (sort of) what 5% looks like by clicking on "2007 Acura Legend" above my avatar. By "classy" I assume you mean not blacked out. I would go with 35% all around if this is the case.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Advanced

When I bought my BMW it had factory Limo tint - I could not see out (or in). I changed it to 35%. This car I did 30% around (27 is the limit in CO).

On my Volvo I have 20% I think but its not on the drivers or passenger window - it rally looks great but hard to see in. But I carry a lot of samples and I don't want people looking in to that car since its a wagon and has no trunk.

Here's my car with the 30 and Rials with snows.

Next to my 4runner - That one has privacy tint - but it was stock.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Advanced

From the back:
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
very clean. i personally got lakeshore because it had the purple tint color. i love the grey and purple color. only if i had black interior.
carbon gray pearl is very close looking color to the lakeshore
congrats on your pick up. have fun doing some spirited driving!!

Last edited by DiabloSVRacer; 10-21-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Clean. Looks good!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great price - what part of the country?

I missed out on another one this weekend.

I guess I will have to look at the other two in the area- I just don't think they are great deals, However the snows/rims I have for my bmw actually will fit the RL so I got that going for me.
Suburban Chicago from a Honda dealer whom I bought a new Odyssey from.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Lakeshore silver with a black interior...now that would be pretty with light color accents in the dash/doors.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Advanced

10 days and 1500 miles later... I really like the car. I drove to Steamboat and back on the all seasons and averaged 26.6 mpg. I swapped to snows and avg'd 25.5 on a 900 mile trip to central Wyoming this week.

Car ran great - I was on I 80 and I didn't even notice it was windy until I got behind a semi that could barely drive straight. It handles wind a lot better than my previous car.

Not noticing the purple so much since I had the windows tinted.

A couple things I miss - one is the heated steering wheel!!

The other is I cannot load my BB Bold phonebook onto the system - but even worse I cannot dial out on my phone and have it hook to the HF link. I can recieve incoming calls fine but I hate entering numbers to make a call on the system. Am I doing something wrong here? I.E. when I find a number in my phone and hit send - it only rings on the handheld not through the car.

Any tips on this would be appreciated otherwise I will have to buy an aftermarket Bluetooth speaker to do this. I suppose I can enter numbers manually - but not easy to do while driving. Any advice would be great.

TPMS is driving me nuts too - can I turn this off or am I stuck with this warning until I switch back to stock rims?

Anyway I wanted to thank you all for the advice on the car - besides these little things it has been a great ride so far - and the D3 gear is incredible for passing. (possibly better than any car I have ever owned). It drives so solid for a Japanese car, sometimes I forget it is one. I am glad I listened and went with this car over the es 350/G37x.

One last thing - on the Nav is there a way to skip putting a number in for the street - sometimes I just need to get to a city or street - but don't have the street number.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
for the tpms, you need the sensors, i don't think there is a way to turn it off.
for nav, just skip the number by pressing right or left (don't remember off the top of my head) on the top right of the nav screen it shows a arrow and "end".
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

There are two buttons that take voice commands on the steering wheel. The round one is for the nav/radio/climate, and the one with the phone is for the HF link. Press this button after the phone is paired. (If it is paired, you will see a signal strength and battery life on the mid.) After you press the button, you will here a tone (beep whatever) that is your signal to give a command. You can say, "call" or "dial" and the car will respond with "what name or number would you like to call?" Press the button again to be prompted by the tone. You have two options here. If you have pre-loaded numbers corresponding to a name, you can say that name. Otherwise you can list the number. I can say the number rather quickly, and it has yet to mess up. The car will put the number on the MID and ask for confirmation to connect. If you say a name it will ask, "Would you like to call _____?" Press the button, hear the tone, and say, "yes." If you list the number, it will say, "###-###-####. Say call or dial to add more numbers." Press the button, get the tone and say, "call."

Your manual has instructions for the Hand Free features too.

I don't understand your comment about a Japanese car feeling solid. Maybe you were thinking you were buying a car with the quality of a Sentra?!? I don't get out of a Jetta and say, "Man, German cars aren't very solid. I guess an Audi A8 isn't either." I'm not offended, but very confused on your basis.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by oo7spy
There are two buttons that take voice commands on the steering wheel. The round one is for the nav/radio/climate, and the one with the phone is for the HF link. Press this button after the phone is paired. (If it is paired, you will see a signal strength and battery life on the mid.) After you press the button, you will here a tone (beep whatever) that is your signal to give a command. You can say, "call" or "dial" and the car will respond with "what name or number would you like to call?" Press the button again to be prompted by the tone. You have two options here. If you have pre-loaded numbers corresponding to a name, you can say that name. Otherwise you can list the number. I can say the number rather quickly, and it has yet to mess up. The car will put the number on the MID and ask for confirmation to connect. If you say a name it will ask, "Would you like to call _____?" Press the button, hear the tone, and say, "yes." If you list the number, it will say, "###-###-####. Say call or dial to add more numbers." Press the button, get the tone and say, "call."

Your manual has instructions for the Hand Free features too.

I don't understand your comment about a Japanese car feeling solid. Maybe you were thinking you were buying a car with the quality of a Sentra?!? I don't get out of a Jetta and say, "Man, German cars aren't very solid. I guess an Audi A8 isn't either." I'm not offended, but very confused on your basis.

I don't know I test drove a lot of luxury Japanese cars and they didn't feel as sturdy as the RL. And I have owned many Toyotas and Nissans over the last 22 years, but nothing like this car. It reminds me of my STS I drove about 10 years ago. Solid like a tank. Like nothing can stop it!!