Seat Belt Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:05 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seat Belt Alarm

I have a 2016 RDX Advance. Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying seat belt alarm? Thanks!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Shellee Trossman
I have a 2016 RDX Advance. Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying seat belt alarm? Thanks!
Sure. Put on the seatbelt.

Not only will it turn off that "annoying" alarm but it may also save your life.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
sure. Put on the seatbelt.

Not only will it turn off that "annoying" alarm but it may also save your life.
+1
Old 11-30-2015, 08:38 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental since you don't know peoples situation....and maybe if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say you should say nothing at all or mind your own business.
The following users liked this post:
SirJOW (05-15-2016)
Old 12-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Shellee,

You can disable the seat belt alarm by clicking in a dummy seat belt tongue (official name of the male part of the seat latch). Go to the salvage yard and buy the seat belt tongue. Just be sure to bring something to cut the seat belt off with, unless you want to go through the trouble of unbolt it.
SirJOW (05-15-2016)
Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Shellee Trossman
Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental since you don't know peoples situation....and maybe if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say you should say nothing at all or mind your own business.
There are very few legitimate reasons for not wearing a seatbelt. All are medical and a doctor's note specifically detailing the issue must be forwarded to NHTSA for approval of airbag deactivation

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...activation+FAQ

The airbag must be deactivated if there is a medical reason for not wearing a seatbelt.

The medical community has determined that there are only extremely rare instances in which a seat belt should not be worn - recent major surgery in the area of the seatbelt is the only one I can think of.

In that case, the exemption would be very temporary and it is unlikely that the patient would be able to drive safely during this time period until the wound has healed. Once healed, there no longer exists a reason for not wearing a seatbelt. Implanted devices (pacemakers, defibrillators etc.) are not a reason to not wear the seatbelt.

Quite simply, unless you have had recent surgery (i.e. bandaged open wound following breast surgery or open heart surgery for example), you should be wearing your seatbelt.

I'm not being judgmental because I know that 99% of the people that think that they have a reason not to wear a seatbelt don't. No need to feel sorry for yourself - just wear your seatbelt.

Oh, and it is illegal for a junkyard or any other establishment to sell you a device that they know can be used to bypass a required safety feature in a car. Seatbelts are required safety features
carbonTSEX (12-01-2015)
Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
There are very few legitimate reasons for not wearing a seatbelt. All are medical and a doctor's note specifically detailing the issue must be forwarded to NHTSA for approval of airbag deactivation

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...activation+FAQ

The airbag must be deactivated if there is a medical reason for not wearing a seatbelt.

The medical community has determined that there are only extremely rare instances in which a seat belt should not be worn - recent major surgery in the area of the seatbelt is the only one I can think of.

In that case, the exemption would be very temporary and it is unlikely that the patient would be able to drive safely during this time period until the wound has healed. Once healed, there no longer exists a reason for not wearing a seatbelt. Implanted devices (pacemakers, defibrillators etc.) are not a reason to not wear the seatbelt.

Quite simply, unless you have had recent surgery (i.e. bandaged open wound following breast surgery or open heart surgery for example), you should be wearing your seatbelt.

I'm not being judgmental because I know that 99% of the people that think that they have a reason not to wear a seatbelt don't. No need to feel sorry for yourself - just wear your seatbelt.

Oh, and it is illegal for a junkyard or any other establishment to sell you a device that they know can be used to bypass a required safety feature in a car. Seatbelts are required safety features
ceb, while your siting is useful it still doesn't actually address the fact that you don't know peoples situation. What if she had something placed in the passenger seat as part of her daily commute or business? She could easily have a grocery bag, heavy purse, flowers, cakes, any number of things that would make the seatbelt alarm go off. I frequently set my gym bag in my passenger seat and it sets off the seatbelt alarm.

I will enjoy hearing your rebuttal about setting things in the front seat that don't belong there, along with reading your cited sources!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well yeah that would work